Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• Hate

Participant

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/101944-how-do-you-see-our-division-this-year/I see this board isn't the only one overrun with lunacy....there are some real gems in there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They won the division, let them bask.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta love the, “the panthers will win the nfcs until newton retires.”Lmfao.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I posted a thread similar to this a couple of months back and listed all the division fan boards. Each thought that it would be their team that was going to win the South division. As I recall, the Saints fans had them 1st, mostly Carolina last and a toss up between us and the falcons in 2nd/3rd place. In Atlanta, their fans see the Falcons as the top team, Saints mostly as 2nd with about an even split between the Bucs and the Panthers 3rd and 4th. And in Carolina as we just saw, they feel the Panthers are the #1 team and the Bucs/Saints in the 2nd, 3rd position with Atlanta being in 4th. I think that really implies a fairly even division.The interesting thing I saw on all the boards, is that a lot of the Souths fans feel that Tampa improved this off season and will be better than 4th this year. There are a few fans that still think we are the 4th team in the division, but usually they have us at 6-7 wins - indicating that they still feel we improved. Finally, most of us here seem to think the Saints are the team that will win the division crown this year. A lot of us feel that we improved, and will be a factor in the race. A fair number of us think that we could possibly win the division with the right breaks, but only a few Buc fans really think we are the division favorite (maybe that's why the Saints fans seem to generally like the Bucs best out of the other South rivals). Still, looking at the Panther board and nobody addressing the elephant in the room - that's pretty priceless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gotta love the, "the panthers will win the nfcs until newton retires."Lmfao.

When Newton slows down a step he will be completely worthless.....See Daunte Culpepper.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I laughed how there were quite a few who thought their offense had improved.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No team in the NFC South has ever won the division back to back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Their WR depth is atrocious. Maybe a couple players step up for them. But I don’t see them running away with the crown. The Saints on the other hand, look pretty damn good, their D is looking good for a change.  And Atlanta doesn’t really strike fear into anyone, they seem like a dysfunctional bunch. It will be an interesting season .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our barometer should be the saints. They look pretty tough right now, and IF we can beat them..we can pretty much take on any team in the nfl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Panturd fans are completely delusional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our barometer should be the saints. They look pretty tough right now, and IF we can beat them..we can pretty much take on any team in the nfl.

Pretty much agree. But those Hawks and Niners are in another hemisphere.  Even Joe Montana said today, Seattle has the look of a dynasty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty much agree. But those Hawks and Niners are in another hemisphere.  Even Joe Montana said today, Seattle has the look of a dynasty.

Because they are built with defense.  They have the bulls eye on them so I doubt they repeat but if any team is built to it's them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk, the jury is out on that. Mix the addition of Lovie Smith & Leslie Frasier with what our defense was supposed (thank Greg Schiano/Bill Sheridan) to be last year.... and if you want to go even further, we've finally added that speed rushing DE.... I think we could very well be just s good as those defenses have been, if not better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk, the jury is out on that. Mix the addition of Lovie Smith & Leslie Frasier with what our defense was supposed (thank Greg Schiano/Bill Sheridan) to be last year.... and if you want to go even further, we've finally added that speed rushing DE.... I think we could very well be just s good as those defenses have been, if not better.

I dont disagree.  We have all the pieces in the right places to be dominant.  Individuals will remember playing this team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The thought of having that defense again is such a good feeling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love your optimism, and right now, our D looks good on paper.  But we will have to see how the finished product looks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because they are built with defense. 

because they don't have to pay their QB yet!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep. Russell Wilson counts $800,000 against the cap this year, which is the last year of his rookie contract.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Because they are built with defense. 

And when it comes time to pay him they will consider the defensive contracts that are necessary as well and pay accordingly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent point.  Huge luxury at this point.  The expanding salary cap might soften that coming blow however.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dynasties are almost impossible these days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And when it comes time to pay him they will consider the defensive contracts that are necessary as well and pay accordingly.

Kaepernick just got $126 million. You think Wilson will take less than that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are way ahead of you.  They let go of Sydney RiceBrownerGolden TateWalter ThurmondChris ClemonsRed BryantMcDonald

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dont think he will have to but I do think he's the kind of guy that will work with the franchise to keep an elite team on the field.  He seems like a really good team guy. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Absolutely not, nor should he. They will pay him and their defense will suffer because of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m expecting the hawks and the 9ers to play at a lower level than what we’ve seen the last few seasons.The best defense in the nfl will probably be the texans. After that, add 50 percent of the top ten defenses from last year, to this next year's list. The 9ers have been having "personal problems" with players and staff, and the seattle defense will be dissected eventually with this upcoming season. Someone will break the code.They'll come down off their ivory towers this season methinks. But the main question to me, is where will the bucs rank defensively?I think top ten, with an outside chance at top five. Lovie may not win them all, but he will provide a competent, structured defense that will be tough for any team.Another question: was lovie's bears defense better than the current seattle or 9ers defenses? I actually cannot answer that one, which means it has to be close, and that's not exactly a bad thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are way ahead of you.  They let go of Sydney RiceBrownerGolden TateWalter ThurmondChris ClemonsRed BryantMcDonald

And gave huge contracts to Thomas, Sherman, and Bennett. That's in addition to Lynch's contract and they'll have to do something with Harvin at some point. All off these will pale in comparison to what they'll have to pay Wilson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And gave huge contracts to Thomas, Sherman, and Bennett. That's in addition to Lynch's contract and they'll have to do something with Harvin at some point. All off these will pale in comparison to what they'll have to pay Wilson.

They aren't actually going to pay Lynch are they?  Have they already done so?  If so, really bad move.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am interested in seeing how Underwood does in Carolina.

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.