Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• dalbuc

Participant

This is an interesting bit of data from Jenna Laine on ESPN

“Drew Brees’ completion percentage drops from 74.6% when both outside cornerbacks are playing ‘off coverage’ compared to 57.6% when both are pressed. Two-man coverage has also given him the most problems of any defensive coverage. Do with that information what you will.”

Does Todd know this?

• Biggs3535

Participant

I wouldn’t have a defender 12 yards past the LOS.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Having White back will be huge.

Brees can’t throw downfield like he used to.

Contain Kamara, Blitz a lot.

Tampa heading to GB LFG!!

• Nobody

Participant

This seems somehow familiar!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do you need your pat on the back, nobody?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

This seems somehow familiar!

Lol…right?!

Perhaps someone could print that tweet from Jenna and freaking tattoo it on Bowles forehead.

• Nobody

Participant

I think everyone in the entire world needs their pat on the back, from the DCs who have been playing 2 Man against Brees and causing the struggles to most of the viewing public who knew what they were watching (eg; not you).

This is not exactly Feynman exposing NASA after the Challenger disaster.

I understand you don’t understand that football is more than GRAR MAN SMASH OTHER MAN AND DO THE THING. And I understand that this makes you VERY angry at anyone who doesn’t join your knuckle dragging rage when MAN SAID GAME MORE THAN GRAR SMASH…NOOOOOO HATE MAN! But you can be more than ignorant, hateful partisan who desperately needs my attention with your constant invocations of stuff like this everywhere you’ve been posting on this board for the last two years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol, I’m just picturing you using your ‘Gronk’ voice.

Spot on too

2/2 today, my friend.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

“Drew Brees’ completion percentage drops from 74.6% when both outside cornerbacks are playing ‘off coverage’ compared to 57.6% when both are pressed. Two-man coverage has also given him the most problems of any defensive coverage. Do with that information what you will.”

Does Todd know this?

Bowles probably does know but is too much of a dumbass to implement it.

• BucBit2

Participant

Old school? Run the ball, keep Brees off the filed as much as possible?

• dalbuc

Participant

Running doesn’t lead to scoring. We need to score points because we likely can’t stop the Saints. We offensively need to keep doing what is working for us right now.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I think everyone in the entire world needs their pat on the back, from the DCs who have been playing 2 Man against Brees and causing the struggles to most of the viewing public who knew what they were watching (eg; not you).

I understand you don’t understand that football is more than GRAR MAN SMASH OTHER MAN AND DO THE THING. And I understand that this makes you VERY angry at anyone who doesn’t join your knuckle dragging rage when MAN SAID GAME MORE THAN GRAR SMASH…NOOOOOO HATE MAN! But you can be more than ignorant, hateful partisan who desperately needs my attention with your constant invocations of stuff like this everywhere you’ve been posting on this board for the last two years.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Good thing you didn’t use too many “of dem big fancy words n stuff”.

• BucBit2

Participant

Running doesn’t lead to scoring. We need to score points because we likely can’t stop the Saints. We offensively need to keep doing what is working for us right now.

so win it in a shootout!

• Nobody

Participant

Desperately tempted to transliterate one of my All 22 Posts into GRAR SMASH language this week. A play-action deep shot might be something like:

GRAR BIG MAN GIVE SMALL MAN FUNNY-SHAPED BALL…WAIT NO!? BIG MAN NOT GIVE SMALL MAN BALL?! BIG MAN PUSH FUNNY-SHAPED BALL FAR AWAY? OTHER SMALL MANS FIGHT FOR NOT-ON-GROUND BALL? RED SMALL MAN TAKE BALL AND OTHER MANS CRUSH HIM TO GROUND! OKBYE!

• Detrimental

Participant

We need to play Edwards/Winfield a lot more together. Whitehead can see the field 1st and second downs and when we need to blitz. But, those safeties I trust more than I do having White in coverage. Press 2 man, and shade the safeties on in-routes similar to what we did vs the Vikings. Make the other JAGS on the Saints win in the pass game. Its really that simple, no pass rush or not.

• Madman

Participant

I agree. Put AWJ at nickel and Edwards at S. MUCH better than having SMB in there playing soft.

• creamsicles

Participant

White vs. Kamara in space (and Hill occasionally) may determine this game. I hope White plays his best game with good angles and solid tackling. If we can hold them to FGs instead of TDS, we should win.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Think they use hill a lot in this game. Brees looked kind of limited in this last game. Still think Brees will be in majority of plays but think they will use hill quite a bit. Nervous about this game. Fucking hate the saints!

• Mic

Participant

Brees isn’t the same, his wideouts are slow and overrated. They know how to get open short but that’s it. When it’s man press they let cook eat whoever is on him. Which turns Bowles to go zone, instead just getting a better matchup edwards/bunting.

Play enough man and our corners will figure it out, route concepts tendencies. I’ll take our corners over their wide receivers all day twice on Sunday’s. Those long lengthy corners are a problem for their short game similar to how Davis was a problem for D.Adam

Force Brees and his receivers to beat you deep over and over again, play how you played KC in the first half cover 1. Bowles let brees score 38 letting him go short last game, what could go wrong if we let Brees go long 45points?

• Mic

Participant

It’s the same way the saints defended Brady press man make him make the difficult throws, and watch the screens as dlinemen.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Put big hits on Kamara. Can’t let that little bastard have a big game.

• TBChucky

Participant

Classic! LOL

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Put

LVD and White can lay the wood on Kamara.

But, I think more importantly, we need Brees hitting the turf early and often.

• dalbuc

Participant

We need pressure up the middle. Brees, like Brady, gets rid of the fall fast and it is hard to edge to get home. White and his middle blitzes could be huge in disrupting Brees.

Put

LVD and White can lay the wood on Kamara.

But, I think more importantly, we need Brees hitting the turf early and often.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Desperately tempted to transliterate one of my All 22 Posts into GRAR SMASH language this week. A play-action deep shot might be something like:

GRAR BIG MAN GIVE SMALL MAN FUNNY-SHAPED BALL…WAIT NO!? BIG MAN NOT GIVE SMALL MAN BALL?! BIG MAN PUSH FUNNY-SHAPED BALL FAR AWAY? OTHER SMALL MANS FIGHT FOR NOT-ON-GROUND BALL? RED SMALL MAN TAKE BALL AND OTHER MANS CRUSH HIM TO GROUND! OKBYE!

You could have at least had the small red man run into the colorfull grass and then smash the ball into the ground…

• BucHarbour

Participant

That Jenna tweet is a “Duh!” moment if I ever saw one. If Bowles is dumb enough to play off coverage again this game, he should be fired on Monday (I’m not kidding either). That simply tells me he’s incapable of learning and adjusting from his mistakes. Play man and press. Don’t give any receiver more than a 5 yard cushion at the snap. Force Brees to beat you deep and put the heat on him constantly. Bring blitzes from all over. We put a lot more pressure on him in the first game and he missed a number of passes that he would normally make.

• seekpar

Participant

^^^^^ Yes, this.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure the brain dead will still Grovel for your opinions.

And You’ll be more than happy to oblige too, seeing as you only come here for a pat on the back.

Too funny

• Mic

Participant

To be honest if we get burned deep by Brees over and over I honestly wouldn’t care one bit. Because I know he can’t do that all game but if he does kudos to him for actually beating us and not letting us beat ourselves.

Playoffs is where you don’t want to ask yourselves what if… Force his old man arm to BEAT you

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Does Todd know this?

Problem is our DB’s can’t play man or zone. We have no shot at winning this game unfortunately based on that reason alone. If we can’t get pressure on Brees then its lights out and we haven’t touched Brees in either game this year so I don’t see that changing.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.