Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

How to fix the 32nd ranked offense Apr 8 2014,  6:18pm shaw_zpsd39adebb.jpgQB Connor ShawIts no Secret that the Bucs had the worst offense in the NFL last season but it wasn't due to our running game (22nd) but more the fact that our passing game was BRUTAL! This is how Licht/Lovie can fix the Bucs via the draft: 1st pick 7th Overal-WR Mike Evans Evans is a huge reciever that fights for the ball and the Bucs already have a reciver like Evans in Vincent Jackson but he's 31 and starting to slow down. Jackson is a perfect mentor for Evans and would make for an amazing down field duo that would help McCown or Glennon. Evans may not have blazing speed but his hands, route running and size is amazing. Some people think 7 is too high for Evans but Matt Miller has him ranked as the 7th best prospect in the draft and if we know one thing...you can't coach size! 2nd pick 38th overal-G Xavier Su'a-Filo Su'a-Filo is a dominant run blocker that moves quickly off the line. He can play as a zone blocker or a drive blocker and would be the final piece to our O-Line (if Nicks can play). He was a captain for 2 years at UCLA and prior to playing guard he played left tackle so he has some versatility. Some mock drafts have him going late first round/early second round due to the fact he has small hands and benched only 25 reps at the combine. I think he would fall to the Bucs at 38 and would be hard to pass up when we have a hole at guard. 3rd pick 69th overal-WR Donte Moncrief At 6'2 220 with a 4.4 40 time, Moncrief has a solid combo of size and speed. He is an amazing route runner that would be perfect for the Bucs passing game as a slot reciever. His size would cause mismatches all day and he may not be an amazing striaght line runner but he explodes out of breaks and has quick acceleration. 5th pick 143rd overal-TE Richard Rodgers Richard Rodgers is a familiar name to the Bucs since he was recruited by Bucs OC Jeff Tedford at CAL. The 6'4 257 TE is a big body that has lined up on the line and in the slot. He has the size, speed and athleticism to develope into a good blocking TE to go along with his solid recieving skills. He played 35 of 37 games at CAL so he's durable and would be perfect competition for Myers and Wright. Tedford has already said that he thinks Rodgers can be the best TE in the league so if he's there in round 5...don't be surprised if the Bucs reach a bit for him. 6th pick 185th overal-OLB Prince Shembo At 6'1 Shembo isn't very tall but his 33 inch arm length certainly helps him out a lot. Shembo is good at avoiding blocks and has the thick build for an NFL linebacker. He's good at finding the football and has experience in different spots on the field playing on the line rushing the QB and in coverage. Shembo would be a good pick up for both depth and competition at SLB. 7th pick 221st overal-QB Connor Shaw Connor Shaw threw for 21 TD's and only 1 int last season at South Carolina. The Bucs said earlier that they saw potential franchise QBs in this draft that aren't named Mazniel, Bortles or Bridgewater and Shaw might be that guy. Shaw is a winner and competes every down. His game against Wisconsin at the Capital One Bowl shows that he can put the game in his hand. He went 22 for 25 for 312 yards 3 passing TDs a rushing score. He had over 6000 passing yards and 1000 rushing yards in his career at SC and would be perfect competition at QB for McCown and Glennon. This is obviously a offense heavy draft but thats where the Bucs need the most help and after their free agency moves, the only major needs for the team. We would have solid options in the passing game and it would open up the running game. Here is how the Bucs would look: QB-McCown, Glennon and Shaw RB-Martin, James, Rainey and Demps FB-Lane WR-Jackson, Evans, Moncrief, Owusu and Hawkins LT-Collins, Meredith and Daniels LG-Nicks, Cousins C-Dietrich-Smith RG-Su'a-Filo, Omameh,and Foster TE-Myers, Rodgers and Wrighthttp://www.bucsnation.com/2014/4/8/5595320/how-to-fix-the-32nd-ranked-offense

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure, it all sounds great on paper, sign me up, but we all know it will never shake out like this.  If we draft this offense-heavy, it will blow my mind. . .and maybe shut up some of the skeptics who are worried that Lovie is stuck in his defensive ways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see the first three rounds going that way, if they are all considered BPA.. but I’m sure we will address the defense at some point. They won’t reach to fill holes allegedly..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This entire article is based on measurements…Connor Shaw?He's the reincarnation of Jeff Garcia without the discipline.Meh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do no prefer Connor Shaw

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m ALL about that first 3 rounds, bring it on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Bring in Career back up at QB.2. Trade #2 WR3. God only knows what move is next....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring back this guy.article-1120462-005E02E900000258-34_468x540.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruden and Manziel = Dynasty.  Johnny Frickin Football is about the only QB that could handle Chucky’s strong coaching.  Just two awesome guys that love the game of football. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruden and Manziel = Dynasty.  Johnny Frickin Football is about the only QB that could handle Chucky's strong coaching.  Just two awesome guys that love the game of football.

graphics-bingo-448904.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruden on Manziel:1. Steve Young is who I see when I watch Johnny Manziel's tapeNow, it's the Steve Young we saw coming out of BYU, not the finished product who won a Super Bowl and became a first-ballot Hall of Famer. But the similarities are there, and it's exciting: He's very fast, all over the place athletically, very similar size. My dad was with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when they took Young in the supplemental draft back in 1984. I remember him studying a lot of Young's tape at BYU and with the L.A. Express (USFL). There's a lot of common ground: their size, speed, playmaking ability and upside. The upside is tremendous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Steve Young?  Draft his ass.  Stat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.businessinsider.com/espn-johnny-manziel-jon-gruden-2014-3?op=110 best quotes from Gruden's QB Camp with Johnny Manziel

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can tell you how not to fix the offense….you hire Lovie Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

true.  he would be a fine DC under Gruden though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Ebron TE UNC2. Beckham WR LSU3. DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon5. Steen G Alabama6. Brandon Thomas G Clemson7. Tevin Reese WR BaylorThats how I wouldl fix it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way Beckham last to 38. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Drafting Bridgewater or Manziel will do wonders for our offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So the question, more specifically is in 2014 or for x years.Think about picking middle of the pack for the next 5. ...I don't think I like that idea...  Need to set a foundation now IMO.  No one is going to b OK with a .375 team going forward.Going to need to see a clear and  legitimate plan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel, yes.  Bridgewater, no.    Bridgewater has the worst Pro day in history.  Forget him.

Please wait…

• fredreg

Participant

I think bucs should do what all the nfl scouts and exprts say and draft a legit offensive line playr tackle, or guard…how well an offnse does is influenced by how good ur o-line is…I don think thers much to think bout it either, and at pick 7 they can choose whoever they like too

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gruden and Manziel = Dynasty.  Johnny Frickin Football is about the only QB that could handle Chucky's strong coaching.  Just two awesome guys that love the game of football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXMkF0PwNrY

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater at #7OG/ WR in the 2ndWR/OG in the 3rdWell on our way...

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

2 words. Johnny Manziel.

Please wait…

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.