Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

Jacquies-Smith1.jpgBuffalo I can almost understand because of their great defense......but still.....how does a player like this simply slip through the cracks?  I'm sure not complaining.....it's worked out well for us...but a cat who is THAT good....  it amazes me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jacquies-Smith1.jpgBuffalo I can almost understand because of their great defense......but still.....how does a player like this simply slip through the cracks?  I'm sure not complaining.....it's worked out well for us...but a cat who is THAT good....  it amazes me.

Thats one player im very glad i rooted for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So many great athletes come into this league, but so few get the opportunities. Our depth at end was not that good, so I think it was a perfect storm of great athlete and opportunity coming together. I feel like he’d get buried in other team’s lineups and may not have seen the playing field. Real glad to have him, we really needed a presence on the edge.

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

Some players also just take time to develop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Finally, Karma was good to us. Often youngs guys do get better over a few years, but under current rules teams can’t keep them around too long like they used to. Usually we find’em, cut them because they aren’t quite ready, and 2-3 teams later, the guy suddenly makes a roster, or even starts. This time WE were the 3rd/4th team and he’s exploded onto the sack scene while a Buc!    Timing is everything...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Finally, Karma was good to us. Often youngs guys do get better over a few years, but under current rules teams can't keep them around too long like they used to. Usually we find'em, cut them because they aren't quite ready, and 2-3 teams later, the guy suddenly makes a roster, or even starts. This time WE were the 3rd/4th team and he's exploded onto the sack scene while a Buc!    Timing is everything...

Probably.And it helps that we have lovie. It's the one thing he does well (most of the time).He also benefits from mccoy too, but he, unlike others(looking at mary jane), is taking advantage of it.He's got a little bit of everything rolled into one. And where he's at, he can definitely grow. It's simply a good fit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He reminds me of a spin-moveless Elvis Dumervil. He has a spin, it just isn’t wicked. If it were, Smith is a 14-16 sack guy, consistently, looking to get paid soon…he has proved it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i will crown him when he has 10+ sacks in the season. Until then, i remain skeptical of long term production.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

i will crown him when he has 10+ sacks in the season. Until then, i remain skeptical of long term production.

nonetheless....it's great watching him do what he does.... enjoy the ride....not the result

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is nine in eight games good enough?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also, this dude needs his wiki page updated badly. Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless someone updated it, it doesn't look too bad.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquies_SmithUnless you went to this one...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Smith

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless someone updated it, it doesn't look too bad.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacquies_SmithUnless you went to this one...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Smith

Yup. Feeling a little silly. Thank you for the correct link.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So many great athletes come into this league, but so few get the opportunities. Our depth at end was not that good, so I think it was a perfect storm of great athlete and opportunity coming together. I feel like he'd get buried in other team's lineups and may not have seen the playing field. Real glad to have him, we really needed a presence on the edge.

So many great athletes come into this league, but so few get the opportunities. Our depth at end was not that good, so I think it was a perfect storm of great athlete and opportunity coming together. I feel like he'd get buried in other team's lineups and may not have seen the playing field. Real glad to have him, we really needed a presence on the edge.

I believe the ability was always there based on "You can't teach motor and heart". He's matured and started to come into his own now. Numbers games happen in the NFL all the time. And sometimes even inconsistent reports about players....DJ comes to mind!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most players develop and yet many form concrete opinions on guys right out of the gate

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most players develop and yet many form concrete opinions on guys right out of the gate

A slim percentage of players develop into elite nfl talent.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.