Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• blah

Participant

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Chiefs had 20 people, including quarterback Patrick Mahomes, other players and staff members, in line for a haircut Sunday with a barber who tested positive for COVID-19, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30828347/kansas-city-chiefs-pull-virus-positive-barber-daniel-kilgore-was-mid-haircut-source-says

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

NFL: “Nothing to see here. Move along. Game still on as scheduled, see you Sunday.” Then begins whistling nervously.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

It would be a complete disaster for their young superstar to have to sit out this one. And their backup happens to be Checkdown Chad Henne. He’s like a statue in the pocket. With KC’s top O-Linemen out and Vea clogging up the middle, JPP and Shaq will be licking their chops.

• Roy

Participant

If Mahomes has to sit out I don’t think a Bucs win would be treated as legitimate. There will always be an asterisk in people’s minds. So I don’t see a benefit to Mahomes being out.

• Greattimes

Participant

I wouldn’t want anything to taint a Bucs win in the SB.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

You think they let them hold now , you haven’t see nothing yet.
      I can promise you Mahomes will be out there even if he was full fledge Rona !! A positive test with no symptoms imho would never come out.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Roy is right. Bring on Mahomes and let the day figure it out.

Bucs will be prepared. I hope.

• kenntak

Participant

I disagree, any Buc win would be legitimate. Injuries and now Covid happen, that’s part of the game. If the Browns beat the Chiefs (and they should have), it would have been legitimate despite Mahomes not playing at the end.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Mahomes was out because the Browns knocked him out. Not because of a virus. If we won and Mahomes was out because of a virus it would count on paper but it’s the first and probably only thing that would come up when the 2020 Bucs are brought up. I live in Kansas. I’d go to work Monday and never hear the end of how it doesn’t really count. It would be a disaster for everyone if Mahomes couldn’t play because of COVID.

• Nobody

Participant

In the modern NFL, a win against a team with an Elite QB on the shelf is absolutely illegitimate. Just like the win against Detroit with no coaching staff (and coming off the firing off the HC), no Stafford, several injuries was absolutely not an NFL Football game. Week 16 didn’t exist for us except as a statistical anomaly that pass our stats (and should be removed from any rigorous evaluation of Bucs per game metrics).

If either Brady (#3 DYAR QB) or Mahomes (#2 DYAR QB) fell ill and didn’t play…just put the game on hold because whatever the outcome is, it’s a complete farce. These teams are -4/-5 wins with an average, replacement level QB. And everyone knows that even if they don’t want to admit it.

• JC5100

Participant

At this point it doesn’t matter, they shouldn’t even test or contact trace.

• kenntak

Participant

So if Mahomes or Brady suffered a freak injury in practice, the game should be postponed? That’s life, just like how the football takes strange bounces in games. If Mahomes got Covid from getting a haircut before the game, that’s the chance he takes. Nobody seems to care that much about the non-divas not being available, like RoJo who got injured in practice before a couple of games ago.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I’m not saying it should be postponed, I’m just saying the winner would live with an unofficial asterisk forever.

You: We won the Superbowl!

Them: Yeah, but…

I’d rather not have to deal with that and I’m glad the Chiefs appear to have dodged that bullet.

• RudeGuy

Participant

The story says the players and staff had appointments with the barber. They never came in contact with the barber. It was a close call. How does this all figure into Mahomes possibly not playing in the Super Bowl?

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Just that the Chiefs somehow let the guy start cutting hair before his test came back. If it had taken a little longer maybe it would have been Mahomes the the chair. Close call is all.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.