Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Humphries nervous at cuts, now excited to be a BucGreg Auman, Times Staff WriterMonday, September 7adam_zpsxuccti66.jpgWhen NFL teams make their final cuts as they did this past weekend, the best news for a bubble player is often no news, as he often find out he's made the team simply by not getting the dreaded call with news of being cut.Undrafted rookie receiver Adam Humphries was confident about making the Bucs' roster after getting a touchdown and four receptions early in Thursday's preseason finale, but he still was nervous on Saturday's cut day, especially after he got a voicemail from coach Lovie Smith."I was a little nervous at first. He left a voicemail, and all he said was 'Hey, it's Lovie. Give me a call back,'" the Clemson graduate said Monday, having called his coach back to get the good news. "Things were looking good for me, but you never know in this league. ... He told me I'd earned it, that I had done a good job in camp this fall. That was pretty cool to hear it from the head coach. I was jumping around the room, pretty excited."Humphries should have the Bucs' punt return job -- he did that extensively at Clemson, including a touchdown against Louisville -- and should help at receiver, where he's learned all three receiver positions but could help most in the slot."The biggest difference for me in the NFL is the details," Humphries said. "Our offensive coordinator is really strict on details. Getting here was tough, learning all the splits for different routes, and you had to learn three positions. Getting the details down was tough, but I feel comfortable there now and hopefully I can just go out and prove I can do all three."

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Like what I’ve seen so far–hope you make us proud young man.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I like the fact Koetter has the receivers learning all 3 positions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, we were missing a small white guy at receiver. Now if we could only get a samoan or two in the trenches and an Aussie in the backfield.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m rooting for him to do well. He has been impressive all throughout OTA’s and training camp. He also managed to carry that into the pre-season and make the team so. I think he’ll become one of Winston’s 3rd down targets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get em Humphries, “sneaky athletic” their asses to death.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, we were missing a small white guy at receiver. Now if we could only get a samoan or two in the trenches and an Aussie in the backfield.

All ingredients to every good team. Gotta find that mountain sized Samoan now.We don't have an Aussie but Marpet will have to do for now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs finally have slot options. Bucs offense has been so horrid the last few seasons biggest they completed ignored the slot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now if we could only get a samoan or two in the trenches

masafilo is pretty close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now if we could only get a samoan or two in the trenches

masafilo is pretty close.

True

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Bucs finally have slot options. Bucs offense has been so horrid the last few seasons biggest they completed ignored the slot.

Not true Louis Murphy did pretty good out of the slot last year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not true Louis Murphy did pretty good out of the slot last year

Now now now.. it's all about the shiny new toys with Buc fans. You should know this by now.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

No, the offenses have been horrible because they had no NFL level Offensive coordinator.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like this player. Winston said he was his Wes Welker and Humphries reminded me of him as well. Good hands, runs good routes, picks things up quickly etc. Good be a special player in a year or two and can help this team now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the fact Koetter has the receivers learning all 3 positions.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like this cat…I think he has great potential at the slot…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get em Humphries, "sneaky athletic" their asses to death.

what are you trying to say? 8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny, but sort of true. A lot of great sb winning teams were a mix of race.Tampa has a ginger, a "hair" guy, a kicker with an odd name, and a "stoic" looking hc. All tampa needs now is a small Caucasian slot reciever and a cornfed te. The Samoan is optional.Not serious, but its funny when looking back.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

we had a samoan..and our idiot staff let him go.  I had high hopes for him being a fan favorite in short yardage, goal line situations.  oddly enough……. Humphries also has my vote of being a fan favorite now.  as far as an aussie......sure looks like the 49ers found gold.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

If Jameis could hit that " sneaky athletic " kid for about 6 td's this year he'll become likeable a lot sooner. Lite em up #11.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Jameis could hit that " sneaky athletic " kid for about 6 td's this year he'll become likeable a lot sooner. Lite em up #11.

He's plenty likeable already

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

I'm talking about Jameis becoming more likeable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Jameis is more concerned about being respected by his peers and coaches versus being "likeable"

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

I think Jameis is more concerned about being respected by his peers and coaches versus being "likeable"

Not concerned with Jameis he can handle it.--I'm basically talking about all the "unlike" on this board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, thankfully.

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.