Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He’s had bad luck with injuries and concussions while with the Titans. I’ll always respect that dude for the way he played the game though. He always gives full effort. Very solid receiver.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I remember when Tenny signing Humphries was the “beginning of the end” for Tampa.

• seekpar

Participant

Really enjoyed watching him play here in Tampa, good possession receiver in the Welker Edelman mold. I was disappointed when he left the Bucs and went to the Titans.

• Detrimental

Participant

People really got mad at Licht for letting this guy walk when clearly he was the beneficiary of playing with better WRs on the outside. Evans and Godwin helped Hump out tremendously

• Kermit56

Participant

I liked him when we played for the Bucs, but I’m happy with Scooter.

• JC5100

Participant

Humphries was an incredibly efficient (one of the top in the league) WR in his role here and the Bucs could have signed him early for 3/4s of what he signed for the Titans. He didn’t fit their run first vertical offense. What you people claiming victory after the fact (Biggs trademark) fail to acknowledge is that losing him sent Winston’s efficiency down the toilet and the #1 overall pick was done here. Perriman was a disaster as the 3rd option to Evans and Godwin.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Humphries was an incredibly efficient (one of the top in the league) WR in his role here and the Bucs could have signed him early for 3/4s of what he signed for the Titans. He didn’t fit their run first vertical offense. What you people claiming victory after the fact (Biggs trademark) fail to acknowledge is that losing him sent Winston’s efficiency down the toilet and the #1 overall pick was done here. Perriman was a disaster as the 3rd option to Evans and Godwin.

Claiming victory after the fact, eh? You act as if you weren’t called out on your hyperbolic nonsense at the time, Mr. Red Board GM.

lolz @ “beginning of the end” for not resigning Adam Humphries. You’ll have to own this one, champ.

• JC5100

Participant

It was the end of the Winston which should have been the end of Licht.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

This is laughable… You are trolling right.

It’s hard for people to take you seriously when the GM that literally put a Super Bowl roster together the following year should have been fired in your eyes.

It’s like some people live in a make-believe land where all GM’s of other teams are perfect and GMs of the Bucs should be too.

One of my favorite qualities about Jason Licht is his ability to admit his mistakes and cut bait.

Winston was a mistake. But they still gave him another year under BA to see if it was a possible fix. It wasn’t, JL moved on.

He drafted a potential franchise QB and it didn’t work. It happened a lot. Just ask philly.

Imagine if posters were “fired” when ALL of their darling draft picks don’t turn out.

• JC5100

Participant

Yea it’s easy to cut bait on mistakes when you get 6 years of failure under 3 different head coaches.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Lol I hate to agree with Biggs.

But losing Humphries was never a huge deal. I bet Tenn fans were left underwhelmed.

Winston’s issue were clear before and after AH.

Humphries was JAG imho. If anything his departure gave more reps to CG.

That season CG was 4th on the depth chart having his touches taken away by a washed up Djax and AH is frustrating to look back on.

CG ability to catch all of Winston’s wild throw only help his efficiency.

• JC5100

Participant

It wasn’t a big deal when Perriman had 10 catches for 95 TOTAL in the first half of 2019 and the season was over?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

How many snaps did Perriman play in the slot vs. what Humphries did the year before?

• Biggs3535

Participant

It wasn’t a big deal when Perriman had 10 catches for 95 TOTAL in the first half of 2019 and the season was over?

This stat manipulation bullshit always has and always will crack me up.

Here’s a comparison of Hump’s average season with TB and Perriman’s lone season in TB:

Humphries: 55 receptions, 582 yards, 2 TD’s, and 10.5 YPA
      Perriman: 36 receptions, 645 yards, 6 TD’s, and 17.9 YPA

• JC5100

Participant

We’re talking about production as #3 WR and you flood Perriman’s stats with games Evans and Godwin were out and say I manipulate stats.

Here’s something you cannot manipulate. The one time you tried to come out of comfort zone of being the expert after the fact and saying CEH helped the Chiefs get back to the Super Bowl: 8 touches, 8 yards in their 2 playoff wins. Stick to quoting people after 2-3 years.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

What percentage of snaps was Humphries playing in the slot in 2018?

What percentage of snaps was Godwin playing in the slot in 2019?

• Biggs3535

Participant

We’re talking about production as #3 WR and you flood Perriman’s stats with games Evans and Godwin were out and say I manipulate stats.

I posted the stats without manipulation. But just to clarify, you’re dinging Perriman for the ability to be a #1 WR when the two guys ahead of him went down? Good call, Mr. Red Board GM. Good call.

Here’s something you cannot manipulate. The one time you tried to come out of comfort zone of being the expert after the fact and saying CEH helped the Chiefs get back to the Super Bowl: 8 touches, 8 yards in their 2 playoff wins. Stick to quoting people after 2-3 years.

What in the blue hell are you talking about? Did CEH help the Chiefs go 14-2 with 1100 yards from scrimmage enroute to another Superbowl or not? This isn’t an opinion of mine, these are facts.

But you’re right. I can be a bit passive on here, Mr. Red Board GM. I’ll try to be bit more opinionated.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs couldn’t keep him for what the Titans threw at him; afraid that’s what was going to happen to him in every aspect, unfortunately. Wish him well, he was a great role player for the Bucs.

There’s going to be so many FAs available and with the cap situation there’s going to be plenty-o-choices for the Bucs …. wait and see. Probably a buyers market out there and that will help the Bucs situation, even if they lose a player or two. We’ll see how it settles out.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

You have to admire Humphries grit and guts and willingness to fight tooth and nail for the hard to catch passes as well as take the nasty hits after the catch.

I remember him being signed as a UDFA in 2015, and in the last preseason game, he put on quite a show. That’s what earned him a roster spot. He then proceeded to improve his numbers each year capped off with solid showing in 2018. He parlayed that into a lucrative 4 year $36 million contract with the Titans. $19 million of which was guaranteed

Even if he doesn’t play another down in the NFL, he is set for life if he makes the right financial decisions.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree 100% on all of your points, well done.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

@JC

Perriman low stats last season had more to do with the emergence of CG12 and less to do with his inefficiency. When BP got his opportunities he played well. Even as the number 2 his numbers jumped up.

If we had kept hump, where would he have played?

BA likes bigger guys in the slot. Hump stats and targets would have been super low. Hence why they let him go. Bruce said CG would catch 100 balls most from the slot. Not sure hump could have had that huge impact from the sideline.

The pictures you paint don’t look at all the working components. Hyper focused stats are for losers.

• JC5100

Participant

– In the first 12 weeks of 2019 he had 351 snaps with 11 receptions. His catch % was an abysmal 32%. 3.1 yards per target, again abysmal. One game he had 57 snaps with no receptions. September-October had 3 catches for 16 yards, total. He was horrible and it had nothing to do with Godwin. You can say hyper focused stats are for losers but the record in those games was 4-8.

– Humphries was offered $4M per year before he left so they obviously had a role for him. Him signing with Tennessee had more to do with his relationship with Jon Robinson than scheme because he doesn’t fit that style offense. I’m hoping he comes back and takes Brown’s role.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’m hoping he comes back and takes Brown’s role.

Or, you have a better receiver in Brown on the outside, and keep a better receiver in Godwin in the slot.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Lmao.

Why do you always tell half the story.

What were his targets numbers those games?

What kind of routes were they?

Because he is a speedster, were they all low percentage fly routes from one of the least accurate deep ball throwers in JW3?

Humphries almost got double from the Titans. So 4 mil seems like a nice jester to go away.

His main position in the slot was going to be given to CG. You may want to check Godwin’s numbers from the slot the past 2 years.

• Greattimes

Participant

Bump to get rid of advertising post.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.