Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 42 reply threads

• Author

• jwash8503

Participant

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/12994/jameis-winston-making-a-series-of-improvements-ahead-of-2016-season"Winston clearly isn’t sitting on one of the best seasons by a rookie quarterback in NFL history. The 2013 Heisman Trophy winner is using his first professional offseason to change his body, get stronger, improve his footwork, become a more accurate passer, and be better at throwing the deep ball."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely the right choice. Mariota may turn out ok, but I will take this guy over him all day. [Sorry UFOJoe, wherever you are]

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Franchise QB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was watching Red Zone replay the other day. They showed Jameis in the red zone against the Saints. Dude fired a laser to Vincent, on the back line of the end zone, money throw. I said damn, it got me fired up for this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s a good quick read.  Thanks for posting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also,  a few articles down, on that link. . . . If we got VH and Spence? wow 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I posted this before. But, I will say it again. I hear the biggest leap a player makes in the NFL is from year 1 to year 2. Wow, I can’t wait to see what this young man will do next season. Plus, we have a good gm, a good coach and dc. Wow, bring on the season!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t get too skinny Jameis, we know what happens then…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a beast. He always had the drive and focus for the mental aspect – reviewing film, knowing the playbook, etc. Glad to see he’s now applying that same fire to being his best physically as well. Hands down my favorite player in the NFL already. I'll say it right now. Jameis will bring another Lombardi trophy. This organization needed a culture change. And they got one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis has the “it” factor/killer instinct/drive to be the best that separates the legends from the merely elite.  Jameis gets it.  Gonna be an all time great.  I believe.

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

He better be workng his tail off.  Id hate to see this kid read his own press and have a sophmore slump.  One of my biggest concerns about this team head into camp.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

He better be workng his tail off.  Id hate to see this kid read his own press and have a sophmore slump.  One of my biggest concerns about this team head into camp.

Another type of post you will never find on a Titans, Raiders, or even Dolphins board...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What about Jameis ever let that become a fear of yours?

Please wait…

• rpratto

Participant

I’m getting some mojo for the upcoming season as well

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

What about Jameis ever let that become a fear of yours?

I have watched a lot of football and seen this happen to many 2nd year QBs.  Plus most of us thought his 2nd year at FSU was a huge step backwards. 

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

You may be educated (and proud) but you're also kind of dumb.

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

I know the game of football and I have concerns about Winston.  I don't think that deserves name calling.  Now go have your dadgum head examined my friend. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing I worry about with Jameis is that he wants to win so bad that he will put his body in harms way and get hurt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For a self proclaimed educated guy, the spelling is a little shaky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/12994/jameis-winston-making-a-series-of-improvements-ahead-of-2016-season"Winston clearly isn’t sitting on one of the best seasons by a rookie quarterback in NFL history. The 2013 Heisman Trophy winner is using his first professional offseason to change his body, get stronger, improve his footwork, become a more accurate passer, and be better at throwing the deep ball."

More from the article:Koetter said Winston also is working on his footwork as well as organizing throwing sessions with receivers at the Bucs’ facility and off-site. One of the main things they’re working on is getting better at the deep ball. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Winston’s completion percentage (24.0) on throws that traveled 30 or more yards in the air ranked 30th among NFL quarterbacks.He completed only two of his seven pass attempts of 40 or more yards.Damn, I knew he struggled with that last season, but I didn't realize he was that bad.  Good they recognize it and are working on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggs, can you cross reference that with the PFF deep passing stats? I’d be interested in a more thorough look at the league in general to put the ESPN stats in context. I’ve seen them play games with their stats. Like including all 70+ QBs who threw NFL passes in 2015 to come up with “ranked 30th among NFL quarterbacks” line.  I’d also be curious what the NFL average is on 40+ yard air throws. 2/7 (28%) sounds very reasonable to me tbh. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggs, can you cross reference that with the PFF deep passing stats? I'd be interested in a more thorough look at the league in general to put the ESPN stats in context. I've seen them play games with their stats. Like including all 70+ QBs who threw NFL passes in 2015 to come up with "ranked 30th among NFL quarterbacks" line.  I'd also be curious what the NFL average is on 40+ yard air throws. 2/7 (28%) sounds very reasonable to me tbh.

IIRC, ESPN partnered with PFF for their stats and info.  So I think that is PFF's number.You could be right, that number could include some back-up QB's.  But that's still a bad thing if back-ups are coming in and slinging bombs at a higher percentage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoping Jameis has a second year progression similiar to Bortles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Biggs, can you cross reference that with the PFF deep passing stats? I'd be interested in a more thorough look at the league in general to put the ESPN stats in context. I've seen them play games with their stats. Like including all 70+ QBs who threw NFL passes in 2015 to come up with "ranked 30th among NFL quarterbacks" line.  I'd also be curious what the NFL average is on 40+ yard air throws. 2/7 (28%) sounds very reasonable to me tbh.

IIRC, ESPN partnered with PFF for their stats and info.  So I think that is PFF's number.You could be right, that number could include some back-up QB's.  But that's still a bad thing if back-ups are coming in and slinging bombs at a higher percentage.

7 throws is a pretty small sample size. But it's not like we don't all know the deep ball needed work this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoping Jameis has a second year progression similiar to Bortles

Carr*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article specified it was from ESPN Stats & Info.I consider what a stand in QB did on an extremely small sample stastically irrelevant compared against starters who played most/all their team's snaps. Had the article included "among qualifying quarterbacks", I wouldn't have questioned it. There is no question Jameis was way off Mike Evans deep last season. Puzzlingly off compared to the rest of his throws, imo.  I do agree it is a problem area, and I expect him to improve at it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article specified it was from ESPN Stats & Info.I consider what a stand in QB did on an extremely small sample stastically irrelevant compared against starters who played most/all their team's snaps. Had the article included "among qualifying quarterbacks", I wouldn't have questioned it. There is no question Jameis was way off Mike Evans deep last season. Puzzlingly off compared to the rest of his throws, imo.  I do agree it is a problem area, and I expect him to improve at it.

Mike had something like 5-6 drops last season, not sure if any of those were deep balls. And another factor is, we don't have an Antonio Brown type.

Please wait…

• ryanprovenzano

Participant

I know the game of football and I have concerns about Winston.  I don't think that deserves name calling.  Now go have your dadgum head examined my friend.

Scram hater

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are end of half/game hail mary’s passes included in that stat?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike dropped 11 officially on the season, most in the NFL in 2015. I doubt any of those were on the bombs. Jameis didn’t get any of those incompletions to Mike cleanly enough to be counted as drops. I would count a dozen or more as “catchable” though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are end of half/game hail mary's passes included in that stat?

Yes

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It isn’t just deep passes…http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-bad-pass-percentage/2015/

Please wait…

• bucsnbr1

Participant

I clearly remember Evans dropping two deep balls, each one hitting him right between the numbers, from inside the ten yard line. Not sure if both were 40+ but both throws were deadly accurate.

Please wait…

• jggators

Participant

Another type of post you will never find on a Titans, Raiders, or even Dolphins board...

its so obvious jameis makes certain  people upset, he was supposed to be the next jamarcus russell remmeber lol... not the next cam newton... they gotta be thinkin... NOT ANOTHA ONE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[member=23448]gregauman[/member]: Here's @willvrag video of Bucs QB Jameis WInston talking before throwing out first pitch at Rays-Yankees game. http://video.tampabay.com/Tossing-first-pitch-Jameis-Winston-enjoying-offseason-30533155?playlistId=11886How can you not love this guy? Always smiling and easy going. Always confident.Also, I can't help but take notice to the baseball on the "back-burner" comment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It isn't just deep passes...http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-bad-pass-percentage/2015/

Wow. Shows me that stat is largely meaningless. Bottom 10 included Rodgers and luck. Bottom 12 add brady and newton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he was supposed to be the next jamarcus russell remmeber lol... not the next cam newton...

Jameis isn't a whiny, crybaby bltch. Comparing you and sevenup to that is more accurate.Jameis also puts himself before the team. Jameis wouldn't run from a fumble in the Super Bowl to protect his "swag". Jameis has heart. Lazy comparison. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It isn't just deep passes...http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/quarterback-bad-pass-percentage/2015/

Wow. Shows me that stat is largely meaningless. Bottom 10 included Rodgers and luck. Bottom 12 add brady and newton.

It isn't meaningless. Luck wasnt exactly good last year. Rodgers really struggled with deep passes as well, it's why everyone played their WRs tight (I will say that had to do with his WRs lacking speed, but he missed some in games that I watched).Brady has been off on his deep balls for a couple years now, but that system doesn't require it.Cam, he has a legit excuse, as I'm pretty sure Ginn probably just dropped another bomb that hit his hands as I type lol

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

he was supposed to be the next jamarcus russell remmeber lol... not the next cam newton...

Jameis isn't a whiny, crybaby bltch. Comparing you and sevenup to that is more accurate.Jameis also puts himself before the team. Jameis wouldn't run from a fumble in the Super Bowl to protect his "swag". Jameis has heart. Lazy comparison.

Yet, I am sure if the decision were in your hands you would start Glennon TODAY over Winston...

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

Yet, I am sure if the decision were in your hands you would start Glennon TODAY over Winston...

I just like the fact we have 2 QBs on this team who are starters.  Assuming Winston doesn't regress his 2nd year.  If that does happen I feel Glennon can step in and be QB1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so according to this he threw exaclty as many bad passes as Brady and Rodgers. also this chart is retarded. it includes several guys who werent full time starters and Matt Ryan had the best rate yet had a terrible, terrible yearstats dont tell the whole story

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet, I am sure if you actually did your research, you'd see what I actually think about Glennon as a starter and how I was beating the "draft a QB" drum last year. Big bag of fail on your part. Par for the course with you. You need to step up your race-baiting game. Al and Jesse are not happy with your piss-poor performance.

Please wait…

• BUCPOWER

Participant

I just like the fact we have 2 QBs on this team who are starters.  Assuming Winston doesn't regress his 2nd year.  If that does happen I feel Glennon can step in and be QB1.

Dude...  stick with tiddlywinks.  Football just isn't your game...And don't get me wrong, but I am a huge supporter of Mike Glennon. That said Glennon couldn't carry Winston's jockstrap...

Please wait…

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.