Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• HoistTheFlag

Participant

Listening to what jameis had to say in the press conference was impressive. He has Definitely matured over the course of the offseason and I liked what he had to say. I also like what I heard from the coaches. I know everyone’s tired of all the talk and so am I, but I still liked what the coaches had to sayBTW Listening to Gerald at 6 on the radio he said that him and lavonte had called a team meeting to get everyone shit together. He said they were practicing calling signals and what not which is good to hear as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blah blah blah all they do is talk. Nothing ever gets done on the field. When it does it gets blown right in their face the next game. This team sucks!

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Listening to what jameis had to say in the press conference was impressive. He has Definitely matured over the course of the offseason and I liked what he had to say. I also like what I heard from the coaches. I know everyone's tired of all the talk and so am I, but I still liked what the coaches had to sayBTW Listening to Gerald at 6 on the radio he said that him and lavonte had called a team meeting to get everyone (censored) together. He said they were practicing calling signals and what not which is good to hear as well.

if you don't fall for something you'll fall for anything

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah its all a bunch of PR mumbo jumbo. I used to listen to those things back when ‘Heemey was our HC. But I slowly realized they just say the same thing over and over day after day. Its all scripted. After a while, you’ll be able to predict what they say before they even say it.For instance, next time you hear a Jameis presser it'll go something like, "I'm just trying to get better everyday. I believe that if you work hard and stay focused, good things will happen for you. There's no excuse for what took place out of the field the other day and we are doing everything we can to get a win next time. Coach (or player) X is just awesome. The energy they bring to the team has everyone buying in. We are going to win a lot of games in this stadium." You get the point. If its anything worth hearing, the local radio waves will be sure to broadcast it and PR will be sure to write a story about it. If you want some advice, just spend that 10-15 minutes doing something else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis has learned the script well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah its all a bunch of PR mumbo jumbo. I used to listen to those things back when 'Heemey was our HC. But I slowly realized they just say the same thing over and over day after day. Its all scripted. After a while, you'll be able to predict what they say before they even say it.For instance, next time you hear a Jameis presser it'll go something like, "I'm just trying to get better everyday. I believe that if you work hard and stay focused, good things will happen for you. There's no excuse for what took place out of the field the other day and we are doing everything we can to get a win next time. Coach (or player) X is just awesome. The energy they bring to the team has everyone buying in. We are going to win a lot of games in this stadium." You get the point. If its anything worth hearing, the local radio waves will be sure to broadcast it and PR will be sure to write a story about it. If you want some advice, just spend that 10-15 minutes doing something else.

Precisely. I don’t think I’ve watched a Lovie presser since the ATL massacre. That was all I wanted to hear out of that slack jawed yokel.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Yeah its all a bunch of PR mumbo jumbo. I used to listen to those things back when 'Heemey was our HC. But I slowly realized they just say the same thing over and over day after day. Its all scripted. After a while, you'll be able to predict what they say before they even say it.For instance, next time you hear a Jameis presser it'll go something like, "I'm just trying to get better everyday. I believe that if you work hard and stay focused, good things will happen for you. There's no excuse for what took place out of the field the other day and we are doing everything we can to get a win next time. Coach (or player) X is just awesome. The energy they bring to the team has everyone buying in. We are going to win a lot of games in this stadium." You get the point. If its anything worth hearing, the local radio waves will be sure to broadcast it and PR will be sure to write a story about it. If you want some advice, just spend that 10-15 minutes doing something else.

Precisely. I don't think I've watched a Lovie presser since the ATL massacre. That was all I wanted to hear out of that slack jawed yokel.

The fact you listened to them at all is crazy in the first place! Why?!?!?!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t just talk about it, be about it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is a great one. He will develop into an upper echelon QB. I have no doubt he will be the best QB we ever had (not saying much here). I look for him to have a typical rookie season with Super highs and super lows. He is our guy for the next 5 years at worst - 15 years at best.. Let's support the dude and not let the fact that some preferred Mariotta deter you from supporting our guy.He will need the fan support. He seems to want to please the fans and will draw confidence from it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is a great one. He will develop into an upper echelon QB. I have no doubt he will be the best QB we ever had (not saying much here). I look for him to have a typical rookie season with Super highs and super lows. He is our guy for the next 5 years at worst - 15 years at best.. Let's support the dude and not let the fact that some preferred Mariotta deter you from supporting our guy.He will need the fan support. He seems to want to please the fans and will draw confidence from it.

5 years at worst?If he doesn't get his footwork sorted, fix his delivery and start reading defenses instead of locking-in on guys and panicking, he'll get benched. He may be Lovie's guy, but Lovie needs to win a few football games this year if he wants to keep this gig long-term .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t listen to ANY of that crap. It’s all coach speak, rehearsed insincere garbage.The only one that had the stones to take the direct questions was Schiano when he would take OPEN CALLS on his coaches show. It was the most entertaining radio I've ever heard. I felt so bad for him, and don't know why he would put himself out there like that. Can you imagine some slappy calling in and talking to Lovie, telling him how to coach??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t listen to ANYTHING that comes out of Lovie’s mouth. It disgusts me in what he says, how he says it, and the canned answers he continually throws out there. He has zero passion when he talks…he just mealy mouths his press conferences and his interviews. Zero interest

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5 years at worst?If he doesn't get his footwork sorted, fix his delivery and start reading defenses instead of locking-in on guys and panicking, he'll get benched. He may be Lovie's guy, but Lovie needs to win a few football games this year if he wants to keep this gig long-term .

Lovie can't bench Winston.  All Lovie can do is continue to let Winston play it out and hope he improves.  If Lovie benches Winston and Glennon somehow wins 7 games, Lovie is still fired for taking Winston.  As long as Lovie is here and Winston is healthy, he's the starter.

Please wait…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.