Viewing 55 reply threads

• Author

• buccaneer4ever

Participant

That’s what Ross Tucker said on Sirius this morning as I was driving in to work.I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see how you can discount Carolina.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see how you can discount Carolina.

As of right now, they don't have any WR's and their LT retired.  Defensively, they should still be very good.  But they have some big question marks on offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Currently Carolina has a pitiful receiver core. Newton’s going to really struggle unless they bring some bodies in there to catch the football. They don’t have a single WR on their roster that caught a pass last year. That’s insane. Their D will be good but right now you can’t look at them and see  playoff team until they get their LT and WR situations figured out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t think Matt Ryan will rebound?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta’s probably going to be a tough team. I’m curious to see what their D is like, with their transition to 3-4. Also having Julio back healthy will be scary, especially if they grab a good TE to replace Gonzo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crown us .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Panthers Offense is down to a WR named: Marvin McNutt. Funny jersey name….Defense good but no offenseFalcons will have a new defensive scheme, so lets see how well they adapt to that. Offense.....Jones is their only hope. other then that, they have been overrated for years and this year will show that againSaints - lost sproles. pissed off their Tight End(will he sit or hold out?). yeah they have nice safeties now, and rob ryan turned the D around last year. But I see their offense taking huge steps back this year.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like to hear it, but the Panthers could easily draft a few good receivers this draft. They’ll probably have to go best available tackle in the first though. Or sign Penn lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Currently Carolina has a pitiful receiver core. Newton's going to really struggle unless they bring some bodies in there to catch the football. They don't have a single WR on their roster that caught a pass last year. That's insane. Their D will be good but right now you can't look at them and see  playoff team until they get their LT and WR situations figured out.

Its too early in the offseason to say Newton will struggle cause of his WR corps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta's probably going to be a tough team. I'm curious to see what their D is like, with their transition to 3-4. Also having Julio back healthy will be scary, especially if they grab a good TE to replace Gonzo.

I won't be surprised if they draft Ebron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carolina has no weapons anymore and one of the worst playcallers in the NFL.ATL should bounce back but who knowsWe are starting Josh McCown at QB.The Saints are going to run away with this division and I'll be shocked if anyone is within 2-3 games of them

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Saints have a lot going on behind the scenes that might fester, hopefully for their sake everyone can put things behind them. I think Atlanta is poised to make something happen, and Carolina is not looking so great right now, but they could still have a solid draft. I wouldn’t paint us such an optimistic picture for us, but you have to feel like we can contend with Lovie as our coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would bet on Atlanta bouncing back before I would Carolina repeating.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would bet on Atlanta bouncing back before I would Carolina repeating.

Same. I think Car will still be tough but losing your 3 starting receivers, 2 oline men, starting safety and a starting cornerback is rough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seeing as no team has won the NFC South back to back that means the Saint’s are out for the division. Maybe for a wild-card spot they could work. The NFC South also has a long history of worst to first and first to worst. I think the Saint’s go to worst myself to continue the tradition. I’d say the Falcon’s or Panther’s get the division this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NFCS is turning into the BLACK and BLUE division.There is going to be three really tough defenses in this division and Atlanta depending on their draft could really surprise too.The division will be decided on the QB postion : Breeze, Ryan, Newton, and McCown.Boy I hope McCown is Gannon, or we are in big trouble this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New Orleans 13-3Atlanta 9-7Carolina 7-9Tampa 6-10

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Currently Carolina has a pitiful receiver core. Newton's going to really struggle unless they bring some bodies in there to catch the football. They don't have a single WR on their roster that caught a pass last year. That's insane. Their D will be good but right now you can't look at them and see  playoff team until they get their LT and WR situations figured out.

Its too early in the offseason to say Newton will struggle cause of his WR corps.

Which is why I said "unless they bring some bodies in there to catch the football?"I just think Carolina will fall victim to the nfc south curse of the division winner falling short the next season. Their D is good but I think they're an overrated team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see how you can discount Carolina.

Half their OL retired it seems and they don’t have any WR. Hard to imagine they’ll get better on defense

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seeing as no team has won the NFC South back to back that means the Saint's are out for the division. Maybe for a wild-card spot they could work. The NFC South also has a long history of worst to first and first to worst. I think the Saint's go to worst myself to continue the tradition. I'd say the Falcon's or Panther's get the division this year.

Didn't Carolina win the division last year? Saints were wild card.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the way lovie is structuring the team, we will have a team that can last without being gassed in the fourth. He’s also trying to bring stability to a team who is competing against very good offenses. There should also be some genuine accountability here as well.Atlanta· They failed last season, but I don't expect that to be their new trend. They have firepower on offense, and IF they can shore up some defensive problems, they'll be back in contention. 9 wins.Carolina· I'll get flamed for this, but I feel like what they did last year was somewhat of a fluke. I don't expect them to keep up the pace, and they won't have easy teams to pick on this time around. 8 wins.New Orleans· Still a offensive powerhouse. As long as brees is around, they're going to be tough. Their defense will also be a smidge better than last season. 9/10 wins.Imvho, it's anyone's ballgame in this division. However, the bucs aren't a "gelled" team, so to put them up there with the saints is pretty tough. It's possible, but I wouldn't expect them to be anymore than 2nd in the division this season. After the growing pains are gone, that's a different story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s a silly statement. NO will be good every year because of Brees and Payton.Carolina will be tough again because their defense is elite.Atlanta will be good because Matt RyanI'm not convinced we'll be particularly good at anything.The old adage of picking one thing and being great at it does seem to ring true lately. I suspect we'll be middle of the pack on defense (maybe 10-12 range) and probably more like 16 on offense and I'm not sure that's enough on either side of the ball to get it done. We have a combined 6 games against those teams and I'm not sure I feel good about winning any of them outside of Atlanta at home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything is possible, I guess.  I'm pretty sure we will be better than last year, but unless I get some of Beatles kool-aid to wash the last few years bad taste out of my mouth, then it is hard to be overly optimistic and see us as anything more than 8-8 this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think NO is going to be tough – they still have the best coach+QB combo in the South. I think the weakness is that like Atlanta last year, the $ leave them a little thin. Difference is that Brees doesn’t require A+ players around him; he can work with Bs and Cs and make them better.  I haven’t gotten deep into it, but I think this Byrd contract combined with Graham (unless they can extend him) make 2015 tough for them. But they are the team to beat in 2014. I think Carolina's difficult on a single game basis, because they are strong on D and Cam can make great plays to single-handedly beat anybody. But I find it hard to understand how they possibly can fill the OL and WR holes given their cap situation, and win consistently. I don't see any easy ways for them to make room. They have to make all the right moves in the draft. I think they overpaid but at least Atlanta has apparently stopped the embarrassing up-the-gut run D with Jackson and Solai, and the draft and they way they've set them up gives them nice options - they'll have either a high quality OT or 3-4 OLB at 6. Asamoah was a good signing. Julio back is huge. Still feel like there are a lot of holes and as last year proved, still extremely vulnerable to injuries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carolina is going to grab someone in free agency at WR and draft one and their D is dam good. They will be better then the Falgoon’s next year I bet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't Carolina win the division last year? Saints were wild card.

You're right. I was off watching non NFC South teams since they were more interesting. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ny, we’re at least a 500 team.Consider this. We were a 250 team without any resemblance of good coaching, a sub par/par defense, and and offense that was in qb switch mode.Now consider the possibility that lovie actually knows what he's doing, and our guys won't be playing some type of silly college defense.IF Lovie can fix the defense, and IF a vet qb can move the chains while playing keep_a_way, then we have cured most of the problems that have destroyed us.I'M NOT a fan of mccown, and some of the off-season moves I'm not a fan of (like collins though). I just happen to view this team as more experienced now, and the proverbial "wool" can't be placed over our hc's eyes. Rah was too young, and schiano was too stupid. Lovie however, ..he does know professional football at the actual respectable level required to run an org. I may not like all of his offseason moves, but I trust that he has a plan. To say less than 8 wins sounds silly to me. That's how incompetent our staff was. They really did hold the team back (de's in coverage, revis in zone, constantly stunting, etc).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could see Carolina trading up to get Sammy Watkins….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree. With Lovie at the helm I can only imagine that we would have won a few of the games we blew it in last year. We had no business losing the Arizona game or the first Saints game. Heck we really should have held on and won the Seahawks game…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown plays like he does last year, it probably will be between us and the Saints. However, that is a huge ‘if’.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why is everyone ruling out Carolina?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carolina lost Gross, Munerlyn, Mike Mitchell, Ginn, LaFell, Dixon, Smith, Hangartner (sp?) and Travelle Wharton (this article says he is their 2nd best lineman) is looking at retirement.  They don’t have too much wiggle room with the cap.  That sounds like an uphill battle to me.  http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/breaking_news_carolina_panthers_lose_another_big_time_starter/16001692 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because we are going to mop the floor with their asses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No NFC South team has won back to back titles before. Do you think they will break that curse?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This

hell yea!!! I'm soo  ready for the season to start .. or even the draft..Sammy Watkins here we come you SOB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carolina lost Gross, Munerlyn, Mike Mitchell, Ginn, LaFell, Dixon, Smith, Hangartner (sp?) and Travelle Wharton (this article says he is their 2nd best lineman) is looking at retirement.  They don't have too much wiggle room with the cap.  That sounds like an uphill battle to me.  http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/breaking_news_carolina_panthers_lose_another_big_time_starter/16001692

Almost all those players flat out suck or used to be good and are now washed up. They still have every single good player they had last season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carolina lost Gross, Munerlyn, Mike Mitchell, Ginn, LaFell, Dixon, Smith, Hangartner (sp?) and Travelle Wharton (this article says he is their 2nd best lineman) is looking at retirement.  They don't have too much wiggle room with the cap.  That sounds like an uphill battle to me.  http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/breaking_news_carolina_panthers_lose_another_big_time_starter/16001692

Almost all those players flat out suck or used to be good and are now washed up. They still have every single good player they had last season.

That's 9 starters, that they won the division with.  With very limited cap space those will be tough spaces to fill. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Herm Edwards called it on Mike & Mike yesterday that Tampa was gonna win the south this year. I know hes Lovies buddy and a himer, but thats a pretty bold prediction. Mike Greenberg agreed that they are up & coming and were going to be one of the “surprise” teams this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's awfully strong - a lot of people thought Gross had his best season last year. Wharton had a bit of a down year, but he was a punisher in the run game. Munnerlyn had a strong year. Ginn, for $800K, more than outplayed his contract. And while Smith is nowhere near as good as he used to be, he was really their only starting caliber WR. The problem is that they have don't have cap room - right now, it's pretty much rookie class only. So whether you think those guys weren't that good or not, they were starters. And they don't have a lot of easy cuts they can make. Not to mention, most of the best replacement options are gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem here is that we have, once again, the worst by a mile, QB in the division. That isn’t a means to win any division. We’ve got an uphill climb.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem here is that we have, once again, the worst by a mile, QB in the division. That isn't a means to win any division. We've got an uphill climb.

That's my thinking as well. We went from having the worst young QB in the Division to having the worst veteran QB in the Division. I'm not sure which one is better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know some people are high on Cam Newton, but I don’t think he’s that good. Even with that said, we are definitely by far in the dumps at the Qb position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’ve got the new Uni mojo also . We won the division last time we changed Uni’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know some people are high on Cam Newton, but I don't think he's that good. Even with that said, we are definitely by far in the dumps at the Qb position.

He's not that good. Getting a better QB than Cam isn't as high a climb as better than Brees. Thing is we aren't even at that Cam level. Panthers are gonna be a bit like us, they won't score much but their defense should still be pretty good. They will have to win ugly. I think ATL bounces back, I like Nolan at DC for them and with the return of some injured guys they'll be better. NO is far and away the best team in the division right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The question on ATL, I think, is how quickly do they adjust to the new defense?Panthers will probably be a bit weaker, and I have to think head to head, we defend Cam better this year with Lovie and Fraser;s D.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The question on ATL, I think, is how quickly do they adjust to the new defense?Panthers will probably be a bit weaker, and I have to think head to head, we defend Cam better this year with Lovie and Fraser;s D.

We that has to be true because we can't defend him any worse than we did last year. My cat calling defenses from Madden would have done a better job than we did -- although that isn't wholly fair my cat is sporting a .500 record currently vs me on Xbox.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting stat on the NFC South…Over the 12 years the division has existed, each team in the division has won the crown 3 times...none ever won it back-to-back. No other division in the league can say this.So if history is any indication...the Carolina Panthers will NOT win the division this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

nah, never too early. Newton struggled as a pocket passer last season and used his legs to convert a lot of 3rd downs. He made some nice throws but was wildly inconsistent. I’m afraid of their defense, not offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Honestly, could see any team in the division pulling it off, but odds are favoring the Saints.  A lot will depend on injuries and luck, like every NFL season.I do agree that the Panthers will not repeat, though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We that has to be true because we can't defend him any worse than we did last year. My cat calling defenses from Madden would have done a better job than we did -- although that isn't wholly fair my cat is sporting a .500 record currently vs me on Xbox.

Dude, I was playing your cat online last night and that dude is sick. What round did you draft him in?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also depends on if the refs are going to let Kuechly defend passes in the end zone by bear-hugging receivers like he was allowed to do last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crown us .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi5xkuXNl20

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If somehow this team goes worst to first, which seems to be the trend in the NFCS, then this board and town will go ape bleep crazy. Hell, if we get a wild card shot it’s be nuts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ny, we're at least a 500 team.Consider this. We were a 250 team without any resemblance of good coaching, a sub par/par defense, and and offense that was in qb switch mode.Now consider the possibility that lovie actually knows what he's doing, and our guys won't be playing some type of silly college defense.IF Lovie can fix the defense, and IF a vet qb can move the chains while playing keep_a_way, then we have cured most of the problems that have destroyed us.I'M NOT a fan of mccown, and some of the off-season moves I'm not a fan of (like collins though). I just happen to view this team as more experienced now, and the proverbial "wool" can't be placed over our hc's eyes. Rah was too young, and schiano was too stupid. Lovie however, ..he does know professional football at the actual respectable level required to run an org. I may not like all of his offseason moves, but I trust that he has a plan. To say less than 8 wins sounds silly to me. That's how incompetent our staff was. They really did hold the team back (de's in coverage, revis in zone, constantly stunting, etc).

Amongst other things, McCown is going to be a huge reason why we’re terrible next year. Our defense should be top 10 but our offense will be bottom 5-10. 8-8 is best case scenario unless we get Manziel or Bridgewater

Please wait…

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.