Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Obvious sprain is obvious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely. He tried to jog out onto the field there at the end and stopped. He lumbered up there instead, definitely trying not to limp. He’s hurt.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I don’t think its serious. If they broke the crutches out I would be worried.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs coaches were asked about his status, they said that he did not sustain an injury and it was Lovie’s decision to take him out.  So, I guess its nothing but we’ll see if he plays next week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely. He tried to jog out onto the field there at the end and stopped. He lumbered up there instead, definitely trying not to limp. He's hurt.

I don't think its bad. He rolled it but jogged off the field at halftime. After the game when it got tight maybe it was more painful. Seems like a sprain but im not a certified Red Board doctor yet, so what do I know.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

He just refused to talk about it in the postgame. Blew off the question.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didnt look like a high ankle type when it happened, thos it was kinda akward. Hopefully lots of ice and 3 weeks rest til week 1 and hes good to go.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Didnt look like a high ankle type when it happened, thos it was kinda akward. Hopefully lots of ice and 3 weeks rest til week 1 and hes good to go.

I think he starts next Saturday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs coaches were asked about his status, they said that he did not sustain an injury and it was Lovie's decision to take him out.  So, I guess its nothing but we'll see if he plays next week.

You have to love the coaches. Something was wrong or he would not be limping after the play. Let's call it a tweak. He should be fine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely. He tried to jog out onto the field there at the end and stopped. He lumbered up there instead, definitely trying not to limp. He's hurt.

I don't think its bad. He rolled it but jogged off the field at halftime. After the game when it got tight maybe it was more painful. Seems like a sprain but im not a certified Red Board doctor yet, so what do I know.

Lovie said in his PC that he would have sent Jameis back in if they needed to, so maybe I'm just overreacting. I'll be honest, it scared the shit out of me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what say you Red Board physicians??https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/636014439066640385

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

what say you Red Board physicians??https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/636014439066640385

I noticed that after the game also. He is fine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there’s a slight sprain there. Looked like he was limping slightly when walking to the podium. I bet he’ll feel some type of pain in the am.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he starts next Saturday.

Im with you I didnt mean 3 weeks of doing nothing more like 3 weeks of being smart with it and by week 1 it should be close to a non-factor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That ankle is going to hurt like hell tomorrow.  I’ve had several mild sprains playing basketball, and can usually finish the games i’m playing.  But the next, after the swelling sets in and those ligaments are tender…ouch!That said, he'll be fine for the opener.  Probably even by saturday if they treat it properly

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Having sustained multiple sprains and a break, in the ankles, I can say with authority I have no idea what happened to Jameis or how severe the injury is. With that out of the way, yes, he did most definitely sprain it. He was acting like he wasn't hurt when he jogged off the field, but unless he runs like he has a cob of corn jammed in his rectum, that pup is hurt. Hopefully it isn't fractured, although sprains take forever to heal for me, but a fracture will give pause to the front office...I wouldn't be susprised to see him pictures with a heavily bandaged foot, and I would be terrified if I see him in a boot. See kids...this is why you keep Glennon. Cheap, good backup, veteran. Trading him for anything less than a second or a first round pick is nonsense. I would flat out keep him. He is invaluable, and a top 2 backup. Metzenberger and Glennon are "neck and neck" as borderline QB1's. Glennon can spin a ball, man!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See kids...this is why you keep Glennon. Cheap, good backup, veteran. Trading him for anything less than a second or a first round pick is nonsense. I would flat out keep him. He is invaluable, and a top 2 backup. Metzenberger and Glennon are "neck and neck" as borderline QB1's. Glennon can spin a ball, man!

as long as you think glennon can get us to the playofffs and possibly make a run at it.  if not, who cares who the backup is?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See kids...this is why you keep Glennon. Cheap, good backup, veteran. Trading him for anything less than a second or a first round pick is nonsense. I would flat out keep him. He is invaluable, and a top 2 backup. Metzenberger and Glennon are "neck and neck" as borderline QB1's. Glennon can spin a ball, man!

as long as you think glennon can get us to the playofffs and possibly make a run at it.  if not, who cares who the backup is?

If Winston has the Bucs close to playoff contention, I would think Glennon could get the Bucs there. And do work. He is a cost effective option that has some skills and is working in a cohesive offense that he really likes. Teams need good backups.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Winston had an ankle issue his entire senior year. Hopefully he can resolve this one and it won’t linger. His footwork was a little odd last night and he was tripping over his own feet often which is not common for him, maybe he had the coverage and read he wanted and was excited to let it rip.. Kid played well and made some good throws and decisions last night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston had an ankle issue his entire senior year. Hopefully he can resolve this one and it won't linger. His footwork was a little odd last night and he was tripping over his own feet often which is not common for him, maybe he had the coverage and read he wanted and was excited to let it rip.. Kid played well and made some good throws and decisions last night.

Senior year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston had an ankle issue his entire senior year. Hopefully he can resolve this one and it won't linger. His footwork was a little odd last night and he was tripping over his own feet often which is not common for him, maybe he had the coverage and read he wanted and was excited to let it rip.. Kid played well and made some good throws and decisions last night.

Senior year?

Freudian slip...Jaboo is light years older than his real age in terms of football

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Senior year?

Freudian slip...Jaboo is light years older than his real age in terms of football

He is a veteran already, in terms of football knowledge. He tweaks this and that, gets average and consistent blocking and a semblance of a run game to back him up, and the Bucs gonna do it big!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I chuckled.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Part of the reason Winston was tripping was because the guard stepped on his foot while he was dropping back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even the TV announcers, especially Tirico, was laughing when the word reached them that Lovie had said Winston wasn’t hurt, and his pulling Winston from the game wasn’t related to his obvious limping and lack of mobility; just a “coach’s decision”….

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.