Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• Fsujoseph

Participant

Winston has shown flashes of being great. Thats what you want from a rookie. Hes on pace for some good numbers. Most rookie QBs struggle, but Winston has elite tools and work ethic, plus regularly shows how great he will be one day. Hes got a whole career to learn. Also the team is bad, the bucs had the #1 pick for a reason. Personally I think the gm should be fired, as well as lovie smith, but at least you guys have a franchise QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has shown flashes of being great. Thats what you want from a rookie. Hes on pace for some good numbers. Most rookie QBs struggle, but Winston has elite tools and work ethic, plus regularly shows how great he will be one day. Hes got a whole career to learn. Also the team is bad, the bucs had the #1 pick for a reason. Personally I think the gm should be fired, as well as lovie smith, but at least you guys have a franchise QB.

Thanks Joseph.I think the Glazers will keep Lovie and Licht because they don't want to fire HC/GM so often. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a team game and the only numbers that count ar W & L. He has done well with the L'sAnd has shown no signs to many of us that he is a franchise quarterback. He has not shown the best mechanics nor eye control. You are way too early on that prediction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ummm...I don't think that verdict can be stated at this point and time. We thought we had a franchise QB that threw 25 tds, 4 picks, and 4K yds...how did that workout for us?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a team game and the only numbers that count ar W & L. He has done well with the L'sAnd has shown no signs to many of us that he is a franchise quarterback. He has not shown the best mechanics nor eye control. You are way too early on that prediction.

He has not learned from his mistakes from prior games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Listen, we need four, I’m pretty sure four, more losses at home so we can put a nice crown on our misery. We need more #YOLOballs and not #NFLReady.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bad plays haven’t been surprising to me.  The lack of big plays and TD’s has been.  He needs to pick it up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bad plays haven't been surprising to me.  The lack of big plays and TD's has been.  He needs to pick it up.

Can't have "big plays" when you keep coughing it up.Its not about "picking it up," as its really more about "play the game right."Its why a lot of us downtrodden evil mariota fans said no thanks. We saw this coming.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The "most rookie QBs struggle" is a crutch -- there's a difference between "struggling" and continuing to repeat mistakes not only from college, but from just a few weeks prior.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The "most rookie QBs struggle" is a crutch -- there's a difference between "struggling" and continuing to repeat mistakes not only from college, but from just a few weeks prior.

Its a generated/generic back-up plan for any fsu-winston fan.When he makes fudge, it is all about everyone else. If that cant be done, blame the staff. If that cant be done, blame the system. If that cannot be done, use the rookie card.Seeing a constant yet?Kinda funny, and a bit ironic, that someone with FSU in their SN is obviously telling everyone what we see is something else entirely.He sees blue, when its really red.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its a generated/generic back-up plan for any fsu-winston fan.When he makes fudge, it is all about everyone else. If that cant be done, blame the staff. If that cant be done, blame the system. If that cannot be done, use the rookie card.Seeing a constant yet?Kinda funny, and a bit ironic, that someone with FSU in their SN is obviously telling everyone what we see is something else entirely.He sees blue, when its really red.

He is obviously an FSU fan first...which explains the skewed perception.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s my problem…which WInston did we get?  2013 Winston or 2014 Winston?  Who has he looked like most?  He’s going on 3 years removed from that heisman year.  Never draft a 2 year Qb.  It is too small of a data set to make a good decision.

Please wait…

• rnt2golf

Participant

Here's my problem...which WInston did we get?  2013 Winston or 2014 Winston?  Who has he looked like most?  He's going on 3 years removed from that heisman year.  Never draft a 2 year Qb.  It is too small of a data set to make a good decision.

Hopefully year 2 Winston because he showed a lot of improvment. More than half of his picks were due to his recievers, you can break each one downWinston is a franchise QB, youll see

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt Winston has struggled and needs to make better decisions but I have also seen him make throws that I can’t remember ever seeing a quarterback on this team make. The talent is definitely there but obviously he needs to improve the decision making. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his rookie year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The bad plays haven't been surprising to me.  The lack of big plays and TD's has been.  He needs to pick it up.

I agree. It's frustrating seeing all the drops and all the penalties. It just magnifies the rookie QB mistake imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt Winston has struggled and needs to make better decisions but I have also seen him make throws that I can't remember ever seeing a quarterback on this team make. The talent is definitely there but obviously he needs to improve the decision making. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his rookie year.

Manning only had two games where he did not throw a int. Both him and Luck had 3 games with atleast 3 ints.  Gonna take more than one season to know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's my problem...which WInston did we get?  2013 Winston or 2014 Winston?  Who has he looked like most?  He's going on 3 years removed from that heisman year.  Never draft a 2 year Qb.  It is too small of a data set to make a good decision.

Hopefully year 2 Winston because he showed a lot of improvment. More than half of his picks were due to his recievers, you can break each one downWinston is a franchise QB, youll see

Wait...you're claiming that year 2 Winston was better than the Heisman Winston?BS!!!!! No one will agree with you.

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

I think you are blinded by being a FSU fan. The bucs losses are just as much on Winston as the rest of the team. I hope he turns things around but he has played very poorly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guy throws his first pass in Ray Jay and it goes for a pick 6. Next game at Ray Jay he throws his first pass in the game and it goes for a pick 6. If this was Glennon would we be overreacting?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OOOuuff..  that stung.No excuses.  Just having some patience with this...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know why everyone is panicking! A bunch of chicken littles in here!So what that we're 3-17. Real football doesn't start until November anyways. Have faith in Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's red board. It's what we do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, to look on the bright side with the way Winston is playing we don’t have to see many posts from Runole or Rod.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Havent seen these flashes you speak of. Unless you count greatness as simply doing your job and hitting a open WR once in a while.Winston cant even throw a screen pass :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his rookie year.

this is what i keep telling myself

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And we have 21 more to look forward to over the next 12 games? At this rate, 7 so far, he's right on course. LOLI do still have patience when it comes to Winston though. But this damn losing at home week after week. Getting VERY old and St. Lovie has GOT to expect heavy criticism and frustration.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Say how many did Brady throw in his first year as a starter?  'cause really, we want the next brady not the next Peyton.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Say how many did Brady throw in his first year as a starter?  'cause really, we want the next brady not the next Peyton.

i dont know off the top of my head but he won a super bowl.  His stats must have been ok.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Oh…and thank God we have a FSU fanboy here to keep everything in perspective ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i dont know off the top of my head but he won a super bowl.  His stats must have been ok.

1 game – three throws, one caught.  It occurred in 2000.  Not hard to find – and if that is okay you might let up on Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 game - three throws, one caught.  It occurred in 2000.  Not hard to find - and if that is okay you might let up on Winston.

And, he barely completed 50% of his passes his first 4 games of year 2.  Don't forget the 4 INT game he had in week 7 of his second year, either.  Started looking pretty good later in the season, though.  I would argue it helped to have a Super Bowl caliber team around him, too.  It is a rare thing for a pocket passer not to struggle early in his career while he acclimates to the speed of the game, the complexity of the defenses, and the nuances of his line and receiving corp.  Superman Cam had a 4 INT game his rookie season.  Stafford had a 4 INT game AND a 5 INT game his rookie year.  Both of them were #1 overall, too.  The most recent #1 overall, Andrew Luck, has as many picks as JW this year.  Look, losing sucks.  And, even JW's biggest fans have to admit that he played a huge role in the loss yesterday - maybe even fair to say he singlehandedly lost the game.  But, the fan base has to be patient.  History tells us he is unlikely to be good out of the gate.  The ones that are typically play in a dumbed down version of their college system, or are able to rely heavily on defense and a dominant running game.  Hate the losses, but be patient with the player for goodness sakes!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PASSINGYear Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate2001  NE  15 413 264 63.9 27.5 2,843 6.9 189.5 18 4.4 12 2.9 91T 32 6 41 216 86.5Meh. So if you want the next Brady, we're looking for 64% completions about 18 TDs, 12 ints and a passer rating of oh 86.  Nut'n but #swagdimes baby.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston has shown flashes of being great. 

I presume you mean against the likes of Wake Forest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of all of Winston’s flaws I think the one that holds him back the most is his slow delivery.  I honestly think he sees what he is supposed to see, but the amount of time it takes him to get the ball out gives NFL caliber athletes too much time to react.To me that is why he has so much trouble with underneath defenders and timing on out routes.  His brains says 'throw' when its supposed to, but from then to the release just isn't fast enough.  I'm not sure if that can be fixed.  Years of pitching a baseball have put a lot of muscle memory into his throwing motion.

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.