Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

With not very many rosters spots open, maybe the Bucs trade up to get a better talent than will be available at 32.

Let’s say Bucs trade their first and second this year to get up to pick 21…

Who would have to be on the board for YOU to make that move?

• Boid Fink

Participant

I would do it. Bucs need solid players, particularly since they resigned everyone.

As a matter of fact, I proposed it. Just get a talented player and he can be a part of a regular rotation.

I am ALWAYS thinking about contingency. Guys get hurt, next man up…but if the next man up is theknees, or Morgan, we are all in for sadness.

That’s why I also think getting AB onboard is critical. It’s why I want Creed. The offense has to be elite and can’t afford to shift because of an injury. Especially if a starting lineman gets hurt (it will happen), at least the offense doesn’t need to adjust for lack of protection on our 44 year old Qq, who needs time. And run blocking.

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Jalen Phillips

• BucBalla85

Participant

A guy who can help take the ball away. Also in favor of any guy who can help protect Brady.

• JC5100

Participant

I’m going to assume NFL teams are grading Wyatt Davis higher than media draft guys. He was considered a top 10 pick after the 2019 season then when the Big 10 postponed their season he left, then came back when they restarted. I know he didn’t have a great year and then sprained his knee in CFP but he’s still going to be a stud.

• buc-in-out

Participant

As much as I’d love for us to re-stock the O-line, I have a feeling Licht and BA are going to prioritize players who can contribute and get on the field NOW, not in the future, seeing as we’re in win NOW mode. Don’t see it happening in round 1. Our tackles are set for the next 4 years, that’s where the true value is in the first round this year.

If we’re going to move up to 21 to get our guy, I’m hoping it’s for Jaelen Phillips or Patrick Surtain/Jaycee Horn.

Those guys will get on the field and be able to make an impact in their rookie seasons.

• JC5100

Participant

As much as I’d love for us to re-stock the O-line, I have a feeling Licht and BA are going to prioritize players who can contribute and get on the field NOW, not in the future, seeing as we’re in win NOW mode. Don’t see it happening in round 1. Our tackles are set for the next 4 years, that’s where the true value is in the first round this year.

If we’re going to move up to 21 to get our guy, I’m hoping it’s for Jaelen Phillips or Patrick Surtain/Jaycee Horn.

Those guys will get on the field and be able to make an impact in their rookie seasons.

That’s a false narrative. Bucs had over 700 offensive snaps from backup offensive linemen last year. And Cappa is a JAG, a 1st round pick can easily take his job.

• buc-in-out

Participant

That’s a false narrative. Bucs had over 700 offensive snaps from backup offensive linemen last year. And Cappa is a JAG, a 1st round pick can easily take his job.

I’m fine with them taking a guard, I just don’t see the value in the first.. would feel like a bit of a reach, especially if we’re moving UP in the first round.

If we move back from 32 to 45, I could see us snagging one of the best guards in the draft.. I do think we come out of this draft with at least one G/C, I just don’t think it’ll be our first rounder.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Don’t trade up. Trade down. We need to start stockpiling picks for the inevitable departure of some key vets.

• m_j

Participant

Patrick Surtain/Jaycee Horn micht be the best option, but that move is not likely

• Roy

Participant

I’d rather see them trade down into the 2nd and pick up an extra 3rd rounder. That would give them two 2nds and two 3rds. You are drafting backups anyway. This way they could stock up their depth at multiple positions with some really solid guys who would hopefully be future starters. Isn’t depth what we really need on this team right now? We have our leaders. We need some more followers.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I’m fine with them taking a guard, I just don’t see the value in the first.. would feel like a bit of a reach, especially if we’re moving UP in the first round.

What’s the point of this exercise if a person can’t express their own thoughts?

How can grabbing a G like Vera-Tucker be very useful and impactful today? He can be a better run blocker in the run game and pass blocker in the passing game as a guard. Also, he has scouting report that he starts off at guard and then transitions to left tackle. This works for today and the future if the Bucs decide to move on from Donovan Smith, but also a better option for an immediate starter at either tackle position.

Personally, I wouldn’t trade up because you’re removing an extra talent from the 2nd round. Grab a DL in the first and an iOL in the 2nd round. I would use a fourth round pick to move up in the 2nd round, though.

Edge Phillips would probably the consensus trade up. It’s either him or his teammate Rousseau.

• mjs020294

Participant

Protect our QB and destroy our opponents QB are the priorities. Best available lineman on either-side of the ball.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

What we do in the first will depend on who is there within our reach, and where they are on our board. Agree that in the first, it will be someone who can step in this year and play in our system. I think if they trade up, they would have to be real certain he could play at an NFL level right now. Trading down would tell me they were less confident the guy will do that this year, but would develop in a year, so they would prefer getting extra picks than taking a chance. I believe Arians when he says adding more speed to STs is a priority this year, and obviously getting extra picks would help that. Nothing is off the table…

• Detrimental

Participant

Trade down. We need to get younger on the DL. Gholston and Suh in there 30s. Could acquire draft ammo for future drafts that would be able to trade up for a qb prospect years down the line.

Pull a SF trade say in 3 years from draft capitol stock from 2021

• Greattimes

Participant

In 3 weeks Bucs will make their selections and all the armchair GM’s will be dissecting the picks and opinionating on all the miserable choices the Buc’s brain trust has made.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

To stick with the original point I agree with others with J. Philips, Jaycee Horn but for me? Give me Owusu-Koremoah!! Imho he’d be the perfect piece to this defense. He would be Jordan Whitehead but with better coverage skills.. or a smaller Lavonte David who could possibly add 10 LBs and be his eventual replacement. Either way he’d help with underneath coverage, give us much needed depth to the secondary while also depth behind LVD. Elite coverage skills, tackling machine and effective blitzer off the edge. He is the perfect “ money” backer that teams have tried creating the last few years for guys due to limitations at another positions-
      He is the first “TRUE” money backer to come along since its inception. If you had to design one in a lab , he’d be it. Which isn’t for every team but perfect in our system. It’s why he’s a legit possible “ what if” in this scenario.
      He’s also a natural dog! A crazed alpha male on the field. I don’t think you can judge or grade the effect those types have on their teams. You see it in a few of our guys now and the difference it makes.

If we EVER traded up and took a C or G he better damn sure be a sure fire multiple Pro Bowler. Historically it’s proven those positions could be had later.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Creed strikes me as a future pro bowler.
      Could be wrong, but it sure seems with everything he has done and his strength, he would be a great backup, or potentially a starter right away at guard.

But this guy you mention is intriguing. Going to YouTube his highlights.

To stick with the original point I agree with others with J. Philips, Jaycee Horn but for me? Give me Owusu-Koremoah!! Imho he’d be the perfect piece to this defense. He would be Jordan Whitehead but with better coverage skills.. or a smaller Lavonte David who could possibly add 10 LBs and be his eventual replacement. Either way he’d help with underneath coverage, give us much needed depth to the secondary while also depth behind LVD. Elite coverage skills, tackling machine and effective blitzer off the edge. He is the perfect “ money” backer that teams have tried creating the last few years for guys due to limitations at another positions-
      He is the first “TRUE” money backer to come along since its inception. If you had to design one in a lab , he’d be it. Which isn’t for every team but perfect in our system. It’s why he’s a legit possible “ what if” in this scenario.
      He’s also a natural dog! A crazed alpha male on the field. I don’t think you can judge or grade the effect those types have on their teams. You see it in a few of our guys now and the difference it makes.

If we EVER traded up and took a C or G he better damn sure be a sure fire multiple Pro Bowler. Historically it’s proven those positions could be had later.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yeah I love the kid. I would not mind one bit! Just an animal.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.