Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• newbucfan1

Participant

So much talk about what to do with the first pick and QB being a possibility, what would the Bucs do with Glennon if they did pick QB with pick #7?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wood-clipboard.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade chip probably

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get that 4th rounder were missing…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF we go QB in the first round they are the future and the current backup which means Glennon is dead space, we should try to con some other team with the whole “look at his pretty stat line” garbage many fans have fallen for and get more picks in this deep draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the plan is to start McCown even if a QB is taken @7.  If they get rid of Glennon now, they won’t get much.  But if they let him sit the year as well (carry 3 QB’s) and he shows well in preseason and any relief duty, his trade value can go up quite a bit.  Besides, with McCown only on a two year contract, even if Glennon is just OK, the Bucs don’t need to search for a new back-up once McCown retires/leaves.Considering L&L, nothing is unexpected anymore, but I think Glennon will be on the team all year unless he just stinks up the joint in camp/preseason or a 2nd round or better draft pick is offered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade him to someone. Get what we can.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade.If they get a QB at 7 or 38.  It's their guy.Glennon will find a home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same thing Carolina did with Jimmy Clausen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“If Bucs take QB at #7, what happens to Glennon?”The Lombardis he wins will go into someone else's trophy case. Bucs are left with only JDub's tear stained "I wouldn't trade Rah for anyone!!!" poster.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

I really feel we could get a pick for Glennon, so a trade would probably happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not even similar.  Clausen threw 3 TDs his rookie season vs. 9 picks.  Not sure why this comparison is ever made.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF we go QB in the first round they are the future and the current backup which means Glennon is dead space, we should try to con some other team with the whole "look at his pretty stat line" garbage many fans have fallen for and get more picks in this deep draft.

Someone's not drinking the koolaid lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally I’d get rid of McCown. Glennon looks to be a great back up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"If Bucs take QB at #7, what happens to Glennon?"The Lombardis he wins will go into someone else's trophy case. Bucs are left with only JDub's tear stained "I wouldn't trade Rah for anyone!!!" poster.

Next to your signed Tebow photo?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not even similar.  Clausen threw 3 TDs his rookie season vs. 9 picks.  Not sure why this comparison is ever made.

Both had the #32 offense, so that's similar. Both had their coaches get fired, so that's similar.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe a 4th rounder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You let him compete in camp….why so quick to make desicions????

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never cared for Tebow. You’re confused.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade him for nothing less than a 3rd.  Otherwise you hang on to 3 QBs and let him and hopefully his trade value mature on the bench.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never cared for Tebow. You're confused.

You've got some Java DNA in you, don't lie!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs draft a QB early, I expect Glennon to get traded pretty quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs draft a QB early, I expect Glennon to get traded pretty quickly.

Agree. With the draft occuring over three days. I expect the Bucs to field plenty of offers for him for a day 3 pick. I honestly think he'd bring in at least a 4th rounder. Kid showed some promise last season with only one legit receiver, clueless coaching, and a horrible line. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IF we go QB in the first round they are the future and the current backup which means Glennon is dead space, we should try to con some other team with the whole "look at his pretty stat line" garbage many fans have fallen for and get more picks in this deep draft.

Someone's not drinking the koolaid lol

Damn right, I'm very open about my opinion of the guy.Watching the game and ignoring the stats he's far closer to being a lowly camp fodder type guy than a franchise QB IMO, I'm not even sold on him as a long term backup let alone being "the man" for the next 10-15 years. If he ends up playing I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see it, I see Bruce Gradkowski v2.0 at best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares? Glennon is never going to be a starter in the league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a starter already, Captain Brainwaves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And how did that go ? I meant a day one starter, and you considered last season a success ? glennon.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I considered him to be the starter, which you said he would never be. Even though he just was.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And how did that go ? I meant a day one starter, and you considered last season a success ? glennon.gif

A gif of a rookie QB running for his life from one of the best defenses in the league and the ball slipping out of his hand does not doom his entire career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Answer to the question .. who cares? Get rid of him ... trade ... cut ... who cares?As long as he doesnt play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both had the #32 offense, so that's similar. Both had their coaches get fired, so that's similar.

For every 1 TD Clausen thew his first season, Glennon threw more than 6 with a much worse cast of talent.  Football knowledge not your thing eh???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Bucs take QB at #7, what happens to Glennon?

the more important question is what'll happen to 10lbbass?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll roll with whatever.  I had equal disdain for the Trent Dilfer pick.  As a fan, you have to presume that our GM and coaching staff know what they are doing.  Bucs before any individual player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s cheap enough we can bury him on the roster and carry 3 QB’s. Might allow you to stuff the rookie in at 3rd on the depth chart like CIN did with Palmer back when to ensure he never sees the field his rookie year. Obviously every year that he doesn’t play hurts his trade value so we’d be better off value wise trading him right before we pick another QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll roll with whatever.  I had equal disdain for the Trent Dilfer pick.  As a fan, you have to presume that our GM and coaching staff know what they are doing.  Bucs before any individual player.

If every staff knew what they were doing then... Jesus Buddha no. Just no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll roll with whatever.  I had equal disdain for the Trent Dilfer pick.  As a fan, you have to presume that our GM and coaching staff know what they are doing.  Bucs before any individual player.

If every staff knew what they were doing then... Jesus Buddha no. Just no.

I actually liked the Freeman pick so shows you what I know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It gaves us hope...  I also liked the pick.In reality, none of us know a damned thing.    That's why its so fulfilling  to be right once in a while....  Some day, this team will have a run with a Franchise QB.  Someday...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It gaves us hope...  I also liked the pick.In reality, none of us know a damned thing.    That's why its so fulfilling  to be right once in a while....  Some day, this team will have a run with a Franchise QB.  Someday...

McCown_inside111813.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like he’s climbing invisible monkey bars.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually, that’s the universal sign for “camel toe”.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

McCown_inside111813.jpg

He is in the middle of a turn on a chopper motorcycle...lol...love the pic man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d almost rather keep Glennon regardless. I like him and his attitude. I haven’t seen much yet to give me hope he can ever be better than the 4th best QB in our division but I’m not coaching in the NFL. He’s not exciting, but I don’t care. If we draft a QB at #7 then keep Glennon around because he’ll be a good backup for once when McCown is gone. If we don’t draft a QB then hell, I hope he straight up beats McCown out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I DEMAND AN OPEN QB COMPETITION. ADD ALL THE QBS YOU WANT BUT IT HAD BETTER GOT DAMNED BE A BEST PLAYER PLAYS SITUATION LIKE LOVIE HAS ALREAD SAID, AAAHHHHH

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So much talk about what to do with the first pick and QB being a possibility, what would the Bucs do with Glennon if they did pick QB with pick #7?

tumblr_inline_mx74qt3mb61qij8k6.jpgThey're hiring...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He would  have to find someone else to slurp....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have a few theories as to what that means and they're all gross.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To Slurp = a cult like devotion towards a playerYou can relax now...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NEVER heard it that way, but urban dictionary agrees with you only 4 entries down x)Weird. Still sounds gross.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or maybe it's cult like devotion to a franchise.  One that has been built the wrong way for some time now.  Anybody that wants a QB with any of the first three rounds has zero interest in the long term success of our franchise. Simple as that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody that wants a QB with any of the first three rounds has zero interest in the long term success of our franchise. Simple as that.

[img]http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/12893i8EF3BDD4BE64C0EF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody that wants a QB with any of the first three rounds has zero interest in the long term success of our franchise. Simple as that.

[img]http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/12893i8EF3BDD4BE64C0EF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img]

What Bass is trying to say (even if he presents it poorly) is that many of us believe that the QBs available this year are not upgrades over Glennon and drafting one early would be a waste of a limited and valuable resource.  Nobody is saying they don't want Montana, Luck, Manning, etc- we are saying we don't see one of those guys in this draft and are better off drafting a blue chip lineman or reciever. 

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.