Viewing 69 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

yeah I went there.  >:(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

COuldnt agree more. Oneil Cousins is probably the worst guard in footballPR is overanalyzing the coaching staffs intentions in signing him. He brings familiarity to a new coaching staff trying to implement a lot of new things. He HAS TO BE a camp body and familiar face for OL coach Warhop, and nothing more. Or else I agree, we are doomed.Also, am I the only person who doesnt remember Meredith ever looking like he had a chance at being even an average starter? I have slightly more hope in Meredith than Cousins, but not much. The ONLY hope these guards have is if Omameh and Edwards can speed up their developmental pace, and even then who knows what they really have?Im praying for a TC vet signing tthat can be plugged in right away

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs won the Super Bowl with Cosey Coleman. A guard isn’t going to determine this team’s fate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs won the Super Bowl with Cosey Coleman. A guard isn't going to determine this team's fate.

If Cousins is the starting right guard I may be inclined to agree with you (still skeptical).  But if he is the starting LG then I do not agree at all.For me, I view the importance of the offensive line positions like this:1. LT2. RT3. LG4. OC5. RGIt could be argued the bottom three are interchangeable but if you are receiving consistent pressure in pass pro because of poor play at LG it impacts an offense far more.  A right guard is going to have a center chip in to help most of the time on the nose guard or nose tackle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The center ranked 4th?  He’s the guy calling the protection schemes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs won the Super Bowl with Cosey Coleman. A guard isn't going to determine this team's fate.

The most important positions on the field are those closest to the football. OL/DL/QB.....the BUcs OL played very well throughout the playoffs, and was at least average throughout the regular season in 2002. This 2014 OL has all the potential to get destroyed up the middle in the run game and pass. That IS an issue

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree it’s an issue but I wont condem the team because of one bum playing a G position. We’ve played with plenty of bums at G before. Also there’s no way C is 4th, it’s gotta be higher than LG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The most important positions on the field are those closest to the football. OL/DL/QB.....the BUcs OL played very well throughout the playoffs, and was at least average throughout the regular season in 2002. This 2014 OL has all the potential to get destroyed up the middle in the run game and pass. That IS an issue

Good QBs and good coordinators make offensive lines look better. If McCown and Tedford do what they need to do, the line will be fine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree it's an issue but I wont condem the team because of one bum playing a G position. We've played with plenty of bums at G before. Also there's no way C is 4th, it's gotta be higher than LG.

If Nicks is starting, then I may agree (although its still highly unlikely Cousins is a starter IMO). If Nicks is NOT playing, we have 2 bums at guard and that IS a problemFRG, great QBs (Manning, Brady) make average OLs good. On the other hand, average QBs with 2 massive holes in front of them dont fare as well. And to give Tedford credit as being anything more than just a smart guy from college that we signed would be a bit too optimistic at this point. They are keeping everything a secret right now, so we really cant say anything about Tedford. Either way, I think we're straying from whats important and that is the 2 massive holes in the middle if Nicks isnt ready

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Nicks is playing, Ia gree with you though FRG that 1 sheety guard can be overlooked

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FRG, great QBs (Manning, Brady) make average OLs good. On the other hand, average QBs with 2 massive holes in front of them dont fare as well. And to give Tedford credit as being anything more than just a smart guy from college that we signed would be a bit too optimistic at this point. They are keeping everything a secret right now, so we really cant say anything about Tedford. Either way, I think we're straying from whats important and that is the 2 massive holes in the middle if Nicks isnt ready

I'm not giving Tedford credit for anything. I said if he does what he needs to do, the line will be fine. If he doesn't, the line will only be one of multiple problems. There's not going to be a situation where McCown is playing great, Tedford is calling a great game, and the line is ruining everything. And if somehow the line plays great but McCown and Tedford aren't any good, we're going to suck. I'm worrying about the QB and OC way before the OL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is an average QB that can play very well in spurts.  Like Glennon however, he is dependent on the OL in front of him but he handles pressure better since he is a veteran QB with a bit more mobility.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown was the best QB in the league statistically when under pressure , so starting Cousins helps us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown was the best QB in the league statistically when under pressure , so starting Cousins helps us.

And OL gets a bit overrated anyway. If the qb's release is quick (think brees) the OL doesn't matter nearly as much.I believe the quicker the tempo, the less of a need for "elite" OL. Which, I believe, is what tedford is installing.Of course, that's just pass protect. If we want to run the ball, you draft/fa guys in clutch positions (wr,rb,te) who can block well also. That way, the running game can be spread around, rather than just run behind your better runblocking linemen. It's guesswork from the defense at that point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol you gotta point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A little melodramatic today, no, ADW?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The center ranked 4th?  He's the guy calling the protection schemes.

Yeah, that's crazy talk. A center is #2 at least, if not #1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look, this is going to be the hurry up offense. 1.5 to 2 seconds to get the ball out to the Dunkaneers or Herron, Demps, etc. I agree Cousins is horrid but it seems strange that Warhop wanted him. Where he becomes ahuge laibility is in the run game or if McCown needs extra time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Outside of Meredith, I have no idea how good or bad any of the OG’s will look. Camp will be here soon enough.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

grrr….this team stinks….I want my money back!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A little melodramatic today, no, ADW?

A little?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seeing the title, I thought we traded for Kirk. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny stuff...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol dj... at least you're a funny dirt bag

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seeing the title, I thought we traded for Kirk.

Me too. And I didn't know whether to be excited or not. He looks like a QB but he's not been playing great. Here's hoping he shoves Griffin out of town.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol dj... at least you're a funny dirt bag

At least you admit my comedic prowess.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interior offensive and defensive linemen don’t have much impact, if any at all, on the outcome of games anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And OL gets a bit overrated anyway. If the qb's release is quick (think brees) the OL doesn't matter nearly as much.I believe the quicker the tempo, the less of a need for "elite" OL. Which, I believe, is what tedford is installing.Of course, that's just pass protect. If we want to run the ball, you draft/fa guys in clutch positions (wr,rb,te) who can block well also. That way, the running game can be spread around, rather than just run behind your better runblocking linemen. It's guesswork from the defense at that point.

lol...that's like saying that the DL is overrated.....I guess having a bunch of turnstiles on OL is a good thing..... Ask Brees if he thinks a good OL is overrated...Jeez

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol...that's like saying that DL is overrated.....I guess having a bunch of turnstiles on OL is a good thing..... Ask Brees if he thinks a good OL is overrated...Jeez

Brees makes his OL good

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol...that's like saying that DL is overrated.....I guess having a bunch of turnstiles on OL is a good thing..... Ask Brees if he thinks a good OL is overrated...Jeez

Brees makes his OL good

Yeah...I noticed that he picks up and blocks  DL line stunts and blitzes by himself....all while looking down field to throw the ball...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interior offensive and defensive linemen don't have much impact, if any at all, on the outcome of games anymore.

If they don't have much impact on a game, why did teams invest so heavily in them during the draft?Games are won up front....any coach will tell you that....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interior offensive and defensive linemen don't have much impact, if any at all, on the outcome of games anymore.

If they don't have much impact on a game, why did teams invest so heavily in them during the draft?Games are won up front....any coach will tell you that....

Because they're behind the curve. Games are won by QBs and winning individual matchups on the outside and downfield. 

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Do those QBs have to be standing upright to do that? Might want to invest in some guards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont need to invest in guards to keep your QB upright.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brees makes his OL good

By floundering around and campaigning for a roughing penalty every time he gets hit?  That way the sack gets erased.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brees makes some of his linemen look better, particularly the tackles, but he’s also played with some that are very good in their own rights.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s do it this way. Find the average release time for QBs and let’s compare their oline

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When limited to 2.5 seconds or less, Brees had the #1 completion percentage and #3 QB rating

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Average time in pocket:1  Russell Wilson 3.182  Nick Foles 3.113  Cam Newton 3.094  Colin Kaepernick 3.085  Geno Smith 3.066  Mike Glennon 37  Robert Griffin III 2.978  Alex D. Smith 2.878  Joe Flacco 2.8710  Matt Schaub 2.8311  E.J. Manuel 2.8212  Andrew Luck 2.813  Tony Romo 2.7613  Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.7615  Jay Cutler 2.7516  Eli Manning 2.7317  Drew Brees 2.7218  Philip Rivers 2.6319  Ryan Tannehill 2.6220  Ben Roethlisberger 2.6120  Matt Ryan 2.6122  Matthew Stafford 2.5123  Carson Palmer 2.4724  Tom Brady 2.4625  Chad Henne 2.4426  Andy Dalton 2.4327  Peyton Manning 2.36

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

P. Manning is probably an anomoly there, he may have had more time, just didn't need it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Average time in pocket:1 Russell Wilson 3.182 Nick Foles 3.113 Cam Newton 3.094 Colin Kaepernick 3.085 Geno Smith 3.066 Mike Glennon 37 Robert Griffin III 2.978 Alex D. Smith 2.878 Joe Flacco 2.8710 Matt Schaub 2.8311 E.J. Manuel 2.8212 Andrew Luck 2.813 Tony Romo 2.7613 Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.7615 Jay Cutler 2.7516 Eli Manning 2.7317 Drew Brees 2.7218 Philip Rivers 2.6319 Ryan Tannehill 2.6220 Ben Roethlisberger 2.6120 Matt Ryan 2.6122 Matthew Stafford 2.5123 Carson Palmer 2.4724 Tom Brady 2.4625 Chad Henne 2.4426 Andy Dalton 2.4327 Peyton Manning 2.36

Shoot I forgot about mobile QBs skewing things. Well that answered nothing lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cousins should not see the field as a starter!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gawd he was awful.  And Meredith is a heaping pile.Whoever said that Meredith can outrun and outplay Stocker as a tight end should break their device over the bridge of their nose.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie gave the vets the starting nod for the first game to see how they perform seeing they have been here before but I imagine that Cousins wont be with the first team against the Dolphins.  Give the young guys a shot

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good call.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Lovie gave the vets the starting nod for the first game to see how they perform seeing they have been here before but I imagine that Cousins wont be with the first team against the Dolphins.  Give the young guys a shot

I agree. The preseason is time to evaluate your talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good call.

Lol yeah brilliant

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC gets paid to make important football decisions.I'm tellin' ya...he is a football guru. (fart)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one is saying you have to burn a 1st round pick on a mediocre guard like Davin Joseph…Allen and Gruden are not exactly good when it comes to draft value.  But you have to invest in OL to an extent when you cut a starter, and traded another…just seems logical to me.Lets see what Daniels, Omameh and Edwards have.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Call me crazy, but I think the oline is just as important as the QB-possibly moreso depending on your scheme.  An extra 2 seconds of time turns an average QB into a great one and it doesn’t matter who is running the ball if they don’t get touched for 2-3 yards past the LOS.Even the best QBs will falter if you get heat on them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah the Saints and Brees don't need good oline play at all.  That explains why they are paying over 20M worth of their salary cap this year on 2 starting guards.http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Saints&Year=2014

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah the Saints and Brees don't need good oline play at all.  That explains why they are paying over 20M worth of their salary cap this year on 2 starting guards.http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Saints&Year=2014

Nicks was a 5th round pick when they drafted him (same as Kadeem Edwards) and their other Pro Bowl guard, Evans, was a 4th round pick. Guards can be developed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, no way Cousins can be the starting guard week 1 against Carolina. Gotta throw Edwards or Omameh in there. There’s no way they could be worse. Meredith is just as bad when it comes to pass blocking, but at least he’s a decent run blocker. Cousins gets blown up every play. Why the hell did Warhop want to bring this bum in?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carolina’s interior are beasts so having Cousins out there would really hamper the offense. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cousins was just there for the first game.  I think we will have two new starting guards next week.  The 2nd team guards looked good against the 2nd team d.  Time to see if they can play against the 1st team d.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And what you say matters, because? What?They're more experienced.Have elite qb.Brought in a quick wideout?First game out of the gates. Something is bound to look bad. They have the means to get by without a good OL, even if they didn't. We don't.Is mccown "fast?" Is glennon quick in the pocket? Yeah..neither on of them are close to brees talent. Do we have a cooks_like player that can get open very quickly? No? Hmm.. I'm also sure since they were soo bad, their first game, that they'll never improve (sarcasm).It's still what tedford is trying to install. It's just a bonus if the OL plays better, obviously, than what we saw last night. Can't guard up much worse than that.Hell, idk if mahan was that bad. But hey, there can be improvement there, so that should comfort some.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watching the replay now… the dude plays like he has no arms.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is hard to defend Cousins’ play given he was a non participant out there….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Going to be bad against Carolina. Real bad. Low scoring, ugly, and MCCown might get killed out there. Lovie has to call the Niners ASAP, or get Incogs (ugh) into the fray.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is hard to defend Cousins' play given he was a non participant out there....

In his defense, the coaches forgot to tell him it was a real game instead of the usual no-contact practice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I once pushed over a garbage can. Cousins has never been the same.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I once pushed over a garbage can. Cousins has never been the same.

Derp Derp ! Another corny sFinkter joke falls flat. Poor guy tries so hard too , loz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Leo Howell broke down Cousins and Meredith on Twitter using screenshots. It was beyond ugly. And it was only like the first 10 minutes of the game. It was bad to the point that Oniel Cousins doesn’t deserve to be a starter. Or a backup. Or on this team. Or in the NFL. Or doing anything competitive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are literally garbage cans. Just walking fat bodies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it was Kirk Cousins I’d say Super Bowl

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Leo Howell broke down Cousins and Meredith on Twitter using screenshots. It was beyond ugly. And it was only like the first 10 minutes of the game. It was bad to the point that Oniel Cousins doesn't deserve to be a starter. Or a backup. Or on this team. Or in the NFL. Or doing anything competitive.

Because he has no arms.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Somebody needs to give Cousins Nicks’ old shower sandals from last season……just sayin’.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why is Cousins even on our roster?We shouldnt even want him as a back up.What a joke if we keep him around, Browns fans were 100% right on how bad he is...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Somebody needs to give Cousins Nicks' old shower sandals from last season......just sayin'.

Lol. Just cut him at the 3 o'clock presser.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

JC gets paid to make important football decisions.I'm tellin' ya...he is a football guru. (fart)

Your on fire today B-man.LOL

Please wait…

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.