Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

since it is the most recent and the most familiar to him here is an alternate theory as to what the Bucs may do:1 7 Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina2 45 Kevin Minter LB LSU3 69 Tyrann Mathieu FS LSU4 103 Alex Okafor LB Texas4 116 Earl Watford OG James Madison5 140 Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford6 174 Ryan Swope -- Texas A&M6 187 Andre Ellington RB Clemson7 219 D.C. Jefferson TE RutgersNotice a pattern? All of these positions are non-premium positions.  Also note that the Bucs big signings in free agency were the four premium positions (QB, DE, CB, OT). While many of use argue that the #7 overall pick could be a CB like Gilbert, WR like Watson/Evans, one of the OT's or even a QB what if the Bucs use a top ten pick on a LB and the second round pick on a guard? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we dont get one of the following we are toast at the WR position:WatkinsEvansBeckham Jr.BenjaminLandryTake the following for what it's worth.  If Watkins is available there is discussion of Atlanta taking him,  They have an aging Roddy and dont want him on a competitors team.  Stupid I know but it's the Falcons, so who knows.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hmm, let’s just hope he doesn’t.. lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can’t create a “model” off of one draft class.

Please wait…

• ellen

Participant

There isn’t a Linebacker to take at #7. If they traded down and selected either Mosley or Shazier and then selected a Guard in the second. I would be fine with that.As for the first selection. It WILL be either Watkins or Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First Lovie is in charge and has a plan. Now it’s Licht that makes the decisions.Say whaaaat?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First Lovie is in charge and has a plan. Now it's Licht that makes the decisions.Say whaaaat?

Lovie will draft a 3rd string MLB before he drafts a starting WR. If we're good enough on defense then we actually don't need to be able to move the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht was Director of Player Personnel….not General Manager. So it’s kinda silly to look at the Cardinals draft and make assumptions. He gave input on players, but he wasn’t pulling the trigger or making any decisions on draft day. That isn’t his draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he might have also realized that drafting a G at 7 is a huge mistake after seeing coopers season last year.we could follow the LSU LB and UT rusher with lamin barrow and jackson jeffcoat though. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You can't create a "model" off of one draft class.

you can when the only purpose is to create threads just so you can complain constantly

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht was Director of Player Personnel....not General Manager. So it's kinda silly to look at the Cardinals draft and make assumptions. He gave input on players, but he wasn't pulling the trigger or making any decisions on draft day. That isn't his draft.

Are people just desperate for some way of predicting the future?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he might have also realized that drafting a G at 7 is a huge mistake after seeing coopers season last year.we could follow the LSU LB and UT rusher with lamin barrow and jackson jeffcoat though.

Well Cooper got hurt and didn't get to play. He could come back and be the next Will Shields. You can't say he was a mistake. Additionally, the 2013 draft was seen as really spotty at the top. The next players drafted after Cooper were Tavon Austin, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack, DJ Fluker, and DJ Hayden. No one really knew what to make of any of the top prospects.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht taking a Punter at #7 ….the pattern has spoken.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht taking a Punter at #7 ....the pattern has spoken.

CROWN US!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If L&L do not draft a WR…this is going to be a painful year…and it doesn’t matter who the QB ends up being!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If L&L do not draft a WR...this is going to be a painful year...and it doesn't matter who the QB ends up being!!!

What if we don't take a WR in the 1st or 2nd....but use a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th to draft Jarvis Landry, Josh Huff, Ryan Grant, and Kevin Norwood?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

6 174 Ryan S**CENSORED**e -- Texas A&M

Holy censor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1 7 Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina2 45 Kevin Minter LB LSU3 69 Tyrann Mathieu FS LSU4 103 Alex Okafor LB Texas4 116 Earl Watford OG James Madison5 140 Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford6 174 Ryan S**CENSORED**e -- Texas A&M6 187 Andre Ellington RB Clemson7 219 D.C. Jefferson TE Rutgers

For as sh!tty as that draft class was, I think this is a pretty good draft. Cooper will likely be a beast when he comes back healthy, The Badger is great, Stepfan Taylor is a great RB imo and will emerge. Ryan S**CENSORED**e is a stud and will emerge. Surprised he wasn't used as a rookie to be honest. Andre Ellington has upside. DC Jefferson was a late round TE I wanted us to grab. We won't know for another few years, but to me this was a good draft for Arizona.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Licht was Director of Player Personnel....not General Manager. So it's kinda silly to look at the Cardinals draft and make assumptions. He gave input on players, but he wasn't pulling the trigger or making any decisions on draft day. That isn't his draft.

Thank you - I feel like I've been beating a dead horse on that one by myself for several months.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy censor.

no anti-italian slurs from the early 1900s allowed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If L&L do not draft a WR...this is going to be a painful year...and it doesn't matter who the QB ends up being!!!

What if we don't take a WR in the 1st or 2nd....but use a 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th to draft Jarvis Landry, Josh Huff, Ryan Grant, and Kevin Norwood?

Landry will never last that long.  He's getting too much hype post pro day.  I'll go out on a limb and say he's the best WR in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Holy censor.

no anti-italian slurs from the early 1900s allowed.

Daego is still available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well Cooper got hurt and didn't get to play. He could come back and be the next Will Shields. You can't say he was a mistake. Additionally, the 2013 draft was seen as really spotty at the top. The next players drafted after Cooper were Tavon Austin, Dee Milliner, Chance Warmack, DJ Fluker, and DJ Hayden. No one really knew what to make of any of the top prospects.

are you suggesting that you believe a G at #7 is a good idea? I think even drafting the next will shields at 7 is a mistake.I'm not sure I can ever justify bad drafting. I understand it, but you seem to be rationalizing it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

are you suggesting that you believe a G at #7 is a good idea? I think even drafting the next will shields at 7 is a mistake.I'm not sure I can ever justify bad drafting. I understand it, but you seem to be rationalizing it.

9 times out of 10 I would not draft a guard in the top 10 or even the top 20. But you have to draft someone and I'd rather have a good guard than a bad player at another position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cooper was a good pick at #7 last year because the draft class sucked. Usually not a good idea to take a guard in the top 10.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

9 times out of 10 I would not draft a guard in the top 10 or even the top 20. But you have to draft someone and I'd rather have a good guard than a bad player at another position.

i agree with that. But if you can’t find a stud at #7 other than a guard in any draft you don’t need to be a GM

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Cooper was clearly BPA. I see a pattern of choosing BPA. That was a great draft for them. Cooper will come back and be a 10 year starter. Minter contributed. Badger became a starting safety. The rest of the draft was solid as well. Ellington was one of the best rookie RB's picked in the 6th round.JDub, Sw0pe sustained a concussion in mini-camp and retired from football before training camp even started last year. GameTime, why would you complain about choosing a guard when he is BPA?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i was wondering about that myself

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow GA….how’d I miss that one? That is crazy bad luck. That kid was a damn good football player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I loved Sw0pe. That kid had speed in space.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GameTime, why would you complain about choosing a guard when he is BPA?

i have a difficult time buying that cooper was really BPA. I also question the effect a OG has on an offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i was wondering about that myself

Nor can you create a model from the decisions made by his team when he didn't have final say on any of those decisions. He was not the GM.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Protip: You can make a model with a small set of data but the resolution does improve as you put in more data.  This is a rough guide as to what Licth may be influenced in doing.Or he can be like a boss and double dip like 9-4 Dom. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if there is a thread on some Dolphins fan site talking about how our 2013 draft shows what Dennis Hickey is going to do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we dont get one of the following we are toast at the WR position:WatkinsEvansBeckham Jr.BenjaminLandryTake the following for what it's worth.  If Watkins is available there is discussion of Atlanta taking him,  They have an aging Roddy and dont want him on a competitors team.  Stupid I know but it's the Falcons, so who knows.

Don't count out Davante Adams also,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are about 20 other great WRs in this draft. We aren’t “toast” if we miss out on those 5 guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wr in the second is the best bet. We can draft a mw replacement there that probably will be a better player even.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you can when the only purpose is to create threads just so you can complain constantly

gotta go with Olaf - if that is the purpose we have seen such activity consistently over the years... lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GameTime, why would you complain about choosing a guard when he is BPA?

i have a difficult time buying that cooper was really BPA. I also question the effect a OG has on an offense.

Normally an OG would not be rated so highly. It was a weak class at the top last year. Look at the players chosen after him.Tavon AustinDee MillinerChace Warmack. Two guards went top-10 last year. Tavon Freaking Austin went top-10. Additionally, the Cards OL has sucked really bad for years. I totally agree with that pick. They were trying to turn a weakness into a strength. When its all said and done Cooper could be the best player out of that draft class. Looking at all of the 1st round picks last year I think Cooper is one of the most talented of them all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am fine with that...I am not of the mind set that we HAVE to draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round...but, we had damned well better some WR help in the draft!! L&L have painted themselves into a corner when it comes the WR position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are about 20 other great WRs in this draft. We aren't "toast" if we miss out on those 5 guys.

There are about 5 "great" receivers in this draft. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We don’t just need a slot guy anymore , we need a wr who’s ready start from day 1 and be good. Although I like the potential of a lot of these guys , only 3 do I feel confident fit the criteria I just mentioned.Sammy , Evans , and Odell. Do not dilly-dally , Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are about 20 other great WRs in this draft. We aren't "toast" if we miss out on those 5 guys.

There are 20 other WRs in this draft you think are great. History shows only a couple out of the whole class will be good, let alone great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are 20 other WRs in this draft you think are great. History shows only a couple out of the whole class will be good, let alone great.

Here's who I know will be "Great" barring injury - Jarvis Landry.  Other than that, it's all speculation. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

History shows Jdud always thinks way more people in the draft are great than actually are. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was a solid draft by AZ last year, Sw0pe’s retirement was a shame because he dude could play and I thought he was a steal where they got him. Normally I'd agree that a G that high is bad value but last year's draft stunk, like so many of you have said. When he comes back he'll probably really be a big boost to their line. This year I'd hate to see us take any O-lineman with our first pick because of all the other directions we could go. Having said that, after a brief cool down period I'd be fine with Greg Robinson, lol. I think that no matter what position he's put at in the pros he'll be a cornerstone of someone's line for years. It would be nice to have some stability at G or T in the long run but considering we have Collins and Doston I'd like to wait untilo round 2 or 3 to nab a starting G.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think 20 being “great” is a stretch, but there are a lot of “good’ to “very good” in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also question the effect a OG has on an offense.

It depends - some teams it matters more than T (Saints, for sure). I can say that the lack of them killed us last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guy is a putz if he goes guard at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Additionally, the bucs WILL draft QB. It may not be in the 1st, but there will be a QB drafted.

Please wait…

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.