Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

The first thing that’ll come to my mind?

Thank god we drafted Kyle Trask 2nd round!

Hope I’m wrong on him, believe me I do.

I realize we need a brady successor.

don’t think GB is regretting taking love first round last year?

Obviously #64 is different then whenever love went. 20ish.

But still, 64 could’ve been an impactful player, in 2021. And beyond.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Yeah this was debated last year with what the Pack did with drafting Love. I too wonder what if the Bucs turned that 2nd rounder for another edge rusher, CB, OT, or RB.

This will be talked about for a loooooooooooong time.

Build the trenches!

• Pennywise

Participant

The pack are happy with Love , it was never a secret that he would have to sit a year or two

Just like Rogers did behind Farve

• Bucman

Participant

If they dont win the SB it wont be because Trask was the 64th pick.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Not saying that’ll be the sole reason, obviously.

Think of our recent 2nd rounders.

Winfield.
        Smith.
        Smb.
        Marpet.

Some studs.

Trask.

Yikes.

• SunnyD

Participant

Tampa isn’t going to win the super bowl next year. You should prepare yourself now. Hell, you should have been preparing yourself in February. It’s borderline impossible to repeat.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Whoa whoa whoa SunnyD… usually I find a lot of sense in your posts. This doom and gloom is not befitting of your name. KC just made it back … Pats did it or close to it numerous times with our boy TB. Frankly I am very optimistic of the Bucs chances.

• Donkey

Participant

Correct answer. And what player at that point could come here and make an impact this year anyways? All 22 starters are returning.

If they dont win the SB it wont be because Trask was the 64th pick.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol? Can’t tell if serious.

Any position except Qb, tbh. God forbid a brady injury.

Ok and maybe kicker.

• Bucman

Participant

I don’t see many spots on this team where any rookie is going to make an impact of the players you mentioned earlier. Thats why the Bucs went with developmental guys who need to sit a year before being a starter.

The rookie who probably will make the most impact was Jaelon Darden and thats because hes likely to be the KR/PR.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Seriously, people need to stop with the trask hysteria.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Except I heard he was doing nothing to impress in Green Bay. It was a shorty pick for many reasons. Just like Trask.

The pack are happy with Love , it was never a secret that he would have to sit a year or two

Just like Rogers did behind Farve

• Bucman

Participant

Its not even the same as GB. GB had obvious holes they needed to fill. They traded up for Love and ignored those needs.

• Boid Fink

Participant

It was similar in that they were both shitty picks. Simple as that.

Its not even the same as GB. GB had obvious holes they needed to fill. They traded up for Love and ignored those needs.

• buc_boi

Participant

Lol 😂

• BucBalla85

Participant

It won’t be because we missed out on a player from the late 2nd round. People need to realize we were drafting with no real needs at the starting positions. So drafting drafting a qb of the future makes sense when you don’t have one. Whats funny is I think he is just insurance if Brady retires in the near future. If Brady doesn’t retire soon then Trask will pretty much have to be moved to get experience somewhere. Then later we draft someone. I think most people including the bucs think he’s got at most 2 more years? So if he has longer we probably trade Trask or just keep him back up because he needs to play at some point or he won’t amount to much. 2 years tho is plenty of time to learn from Brady and work out any kind of bad habits you might have. Obviously won’t be a seasoned vet by then but I sure as hell expect him to be able to apply some of what he’s learned from Brady by then. If not is it really a big deal to start over considering he’s really just a 3rd rounder? I dont get the fuss that much after thinking about it more.

• BucsSavant

Participant

It won’t be because we missed out on a player from the late 2nd round. People need to realize we were drafting with no real needs at the starting positions. So drafting drafting a qb of the future makes sense when you don’t have one. Whats funny is I think he is just insurance if Brady retires in the near future. If Brady doesn’t retire soon then Trask will pretty much have to be moved to get experience somewhere. Then later we draft someone. I think most people including the bucs think he’s got at most 2 more years? So if he has longer we probably trade Trask or just keep him back up because he needs to play at some point or he won’t amount to much. 2 years tho is plenty of time to learn from Brady and work out any kind of bad habits you might have. Obviously won’t be a seasoned vet by then but I sure as hell expect him to be able to apply some of what he’s learned from Brady by then. If not is it really a big deal to start over considering he’s really just a 3rd rounder? I dont get the fuss that much after thinking about it more.

Yeah, the more I read/watch the more I actually like the guy. Seems to have “it” above the shoulders. The “fuss” seems to have stemmed from one, very emotional, poster going on manic tirades.

• kingtrojan

Participant

I get some people are angry about the Trask pick, I don’t understand why but to each their own. But this conversation is really pointless unless someone actually knows what the team’s draft board looked like and only the team knows if Trask was a reach in their opinion or if he graded out exactly where they drafted him. For all we know based on their board he was a value pick and no one else was graded as high.

• Watchman

Participant

That was my issue with the pick, had nothing to do with Trask. I just felt they could have added a player that would have more of an impact on the upcoming season.

If Trask is impacting next season then the plan has been derailed anyway.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It’s insanely difficult to repeat as SB champs, so obviously if we don’t, it’s Trask’s fault.

If we don’t go 17-0, it’s Trask’s fault.

Found a nail in your tire, it’s Trask’s fault.

Smh…

• leeroybuc93

Participant

This might be the dumbest argument I have ever seen on the Red Board and I’ve read posts by Java and Crispy.

If we don’t win the Superbowl this year you can look at literally any decision from the last 10 years, apply this same dumbass logic, and guess what? You’re going to get a dumbass result just like this.

• theknees

Participant

Yeah, this was a disaster on the “front office didn’t do their homework”. Trasks college head coach had him as a developmental player in the NFL. Meaning someone you would draft in the 4-7 rounds.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Yeah, this was a disaster on the “front office didn’t do their homework”. Trasks college head coach had him as a developmental player in the NFL. Meaning someone you would draft in the 4-7 rounds.

Absolute stone cold lock that Trask is a future All-Pro.

• Joey

Participant

No one here can say what kind of career this kid will or will not have. We have no idea. I also remember when we drafted vita and there was absolute outrage. So…. also it is done. Over with he is a buc and there are no redrafts so why feel angry… bitch on pr and stuff like that. Seems pointless. The only way a post like this could prove fruitful would be to post this in hopes someone goes down with injury, then you could pull this up and say “see? Told you so”. Is that your plan?

• dalbuc

Participant

No, Trask won’t make you feel better.

One, we may not win the SB because a potential depth piece won’t be there because drafting a “QB of the future” has an opportunity cost.
      Second, the assumption made here is that anyone else drafted at that spot would not be useful next year if we don’t win a SB.
      Third, the more obvious is that he’s not the QB of the future (seriously, no) and what could make him worse is if he’s not just a dumpster fire type player and he turns out to be the even more disastrous Trubisky/Dalton level QB is who just swimming above the suck line but not really capable to being a difference maker. That guy is the real franchise killer.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Whoa whoa whoa SunnyD… usually I find a lot of sense in your posts. This doom and gloom is not befitting of your name. KC just made it back … Pats did it or close to it numerous times with our boy TB. Frankly I am very optimistic of the Bucs chances.

He does have a valid point. Defending your title is a very difficult task. Everyone has the bulls eye on your chest. Everyone on the Bucs schedule will be bringing their A game against Tom Brady

• Joey

Participant

So either we win the super bowl or it is because we drafted a qb in the second round. Ok got it. :/

• buccnation

Participant

I’m not saying I like Trask or think he’ll be a franchise qb but people are over hyping this pick. People trash the Love pick for GB but if he turns out to be very good after ARod then is it still a bad pick?

It worked out for GB before so who says it won’t work out now? ARod is a whiny crybaby and has the media saying he never has any help. The dude has had legit pieces around him throughout his career. He deserves more blame than the Packers front office imo. Dude should have made more than one super bowl in his career. He’s a top 10 qb of all time but people need to calm down about the “disrespect” from the Packers.

• Joey

Participant

What we need at the very end of round 2 was that special player who can play guard like marpet, ot like wirfs. Nt like vita and lb like white. Then if any of them got hurt, we could just plug him in and not miss a beat. :)

• RW

Participant

The first thing that’ll come to my mind?

Thank god we drafted Kyle Trask 2nd round!

Hope I’m wrong on him, believe me I do.

I realize we need a brady successor.

don’t think GB is regretting taking love first round last year?

Obviously #64 is different then whenever love went. 20ish.

But still, 64 could’ve been an impactful player, in 2021. And beyond.

Nonsense. There was literally not one position on the team that could have been significantly upgraded by any player in this year’s draft. And at pick 64 tell me the one player you would have take an that would get more than 30% of first team snaps?

• Donkey

Participant

I just want to point out that I just went through every 64 pick in the draft from 2000 to 2018 and the best of the bunch were Dion Branch and Randall Cobb. Most were busts or JAGs. No point in getting too worked up by who we selected there.

• RW

Participant

Not saying that’ll be the sole reason, obviously.

Think of our recent 2nd rounders.

Winfield.
      Smith.
      Smb.
      Marpet.

Some studs.

Trask.

Yikes.

They also picked Justin Evans, Banks , Seferian-Jenkins and Spence in the last 8 years in the second round that were/are marginal NFLers. So no player is a sure thing.

• RW

Participant

What we need at the very end of round 2 was that special player who can play guard like marpet, ot like wirfs. Nt like vita and lb like white. Then if any of them got hurt, we could just plug him in and not miss a beat. :)

So tell me what player you are going to draft at the end of the 2nd round that can fill for a quality starter and “not miss a beat”??? There are no sure things. If teams knew guys like Marpet were going to turn out this well he would have been chosen in the top 15.

• dalbuc

Participant

There are no sure things and you aren’t drafting “not to miss a beat” but you want to, in our position, minimize the drop off in spots you lack a quality backup in current year. In the case of Trask, the guys at the top of r3 (so in the same range as him) covered OT, DT, CB and even another edge (never too much) all of which would potentially have short term value this year and next. Trask isn’t going to be useful depth this year, no matter how much you like him rookies aren’t helping much at QB.

• Runole

Participant

Silly thread. Now if the Bucs had taken Trask in the first round I would be angry. They made the right pick with Tryon. He looks to be a contributor this season giving a break to the starters. Trask was a pick for the future nothing to do with this season.

• Runole

Participant

There are no sure things and you aren’t drafting “not to miss a beat” but you want to, in our position, minimize the drop off in spots you lack a quality backup in current year. In the case of Trask, the guys at the top of r3 (so in the same range as him) covered OT, DT, CB and even another edge (never too much) all of which would potentially have short term value this year and next. Trask isn’t going to be useful depth this year, no matter how much you like him rookies aren’t helping much at QB.

Anyone depending on a rookie QB leading any team to the SB is nuts!

• Natural Selection

Participant

I think feeling like we need to find Brady’s successor now is likely what prompted us to waste a second round pick. It’s a simple minded approach that’s detrimental to my fan goal of winning right now as much as possible. It’s built around what I consider a foolish notion you can plan out NFL rosters more than 2/3 seasons into the future. It’s another of the factors where front office is set against fan interest, imo. Jason had to check boxes to feel better job security. So now he can cover that base in the progress reports for ownership. If Trask doesn’t work out, at least we “had a plan”. When the reality we see year after year is there’s always a couple vet journeyman stop gaps for whenever Brady hangs it up. Not to mention the fact I’m well schooled in down years. I’m totally good if we crash out for a season or two in a reset after this run. Jason has a different set of priorities to keep his job.

• bouconagain

Participant

Red Board pre-draft: We are the first team in the modern era to retain all 22 starters coming off a Super Bowl win! We have the luxury of being able to draft solely for depth and the future!

Red Board post-draft: WE DRAFTED A PROJECT QB SOLELY FOR THE FUTURE BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Red Board pre-draft: We are the first team in the modern era to retain all 22 starters coming off a Super Bowl win! We have the luxury of being able to draft solely for depth and the future!

Red Board post-draft: WE DRAFTED A PROJECT QB SOLELY FOR THE FUTURE BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND!!!!!!!!!

Lol this. I think it’s ok to criticize the Trask pick but we don’t need to go overboard here. We aren’t likely to see how he improves from what he’s learned from Brady for a couple of seasons. So really we won’t be talking about him much over next couple years. At least this should be the hope. He’s a developmental qb and he’s being treated like one. So in that situation we can be upset with the pick and wish we picked another guy but as far as the finished product? We still need to find out. Understand people have predictions about him not amounting to anything and that’s fine. If he does play well I know people will be happy about it. So here’s hoping he proves people wrong including myself.

• DailyRich68

Participant

So with the last pick of the second round we needed to draft someone on par with three first round picks. Okay.

• Pennywise

Participant

Last team to return all 22 starters ? 79 Steelers , and they repeated as champs

• Live4BUCS

Participant

Plot twist, what if Trask IS actually the reason we win a SB. God forbid Brady get injured, but what if Trask comes in and Wins 3-4 games to keep us in the playoff hunt until Brady returns. Then we go on to win the SB? Come on guys, positive vibes. We literally just won the SB, lets not be so gloomy like we have been for the past 19 years.