Viewing 63 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

on draft day.  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not true, if we take him in the 2nd with another guy in the 1st I will be plenty happy.At 7, yea you're probably alone on that island.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^ This lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Survivor island baby! :) Carr @7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wont pretend to know better than LnL so I’ll suck it up if it happens. If we do grab a QB at 7 I just hope its an open competition between him and McCown. I don’t want our first pick to sit if we can help it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Add Hate and Hayseed to that list….also  those dozen or so posters who act like every move the Bucs make is the best move in franchise history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Survivor island baby! :) Carr @7.

Hey, Ill give you credit for sticking to your convictions on him.  Ive never liked him in the first from the day his name came up and Im just sticking to mine.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wont pretend to know better than LnL so I'll suck it up if it happens. If we do grab a QB at 7 I just hope its an open competition between him and McCown. I don't want our first pick to sit if we can help it.

Carr is going to sit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

See I think we can grab a QB at 7 who can start right away… Teddy/Manziel. That’s why I prefer them. Well, that’s one reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any QB @7 is going to sit.McCown is a near lock to be starting opening day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love Carr at #36 and would be okay trading back into Round 1 (give up #36 and a later pick). I assume we can re-coup the trade-up pick for Glennon..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Add Hate and Hayseed to that list....also  those dozen or so posters who act like every move the Bucs make is the best move in franchise history.

I'm indifferent when it comes to Carr. He wouldn't be my first choice. Wouldn't be my 2nd or 3rd for that matter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Add Hate and Hayseed to that list....also  those dozen or so posters who act like every move the Bucs make is the best move in franchise history.

I'm indifferent when it comes to Carr. He wouldn't be my first choice. Wouldn't be my 2nd or 3rd for that matter.

Bridgewater or Carr?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we trade up, we go for the gusto-Clowney, Barr or JFFIf we stand pat-WR-Sammy or EvansIf we trade down-we get picks for depth and draft a QB first-Carr/Garapoplo/BortlesI hope they go for the gusto

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no issue with Carr either. Drafted at r2 or r1 doesn’t matter. If he is a franchise QB no on cares about taking him at 7 and if he’s not then there is no reason to take him in r1 or 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we trade up, we go for the gusto-Clowney, Barr or JFFIf we stand pat-WR-Sammy or EvansIf we trade down-we get picks for depth and draft a QB first-Carr/Garapoplo/BortlesI hope they go for the gusto

Why in the blue hell would we trade up for Barr?  Standing pat for Sammy?  Its a little early for drinking isnt it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teddy and Carr are my two favorites. I’d love either one of them at any point we draft them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watkins in the 1st RD and Carr in the 2nd RDCROWN US!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why in the blue hell would we trade up for Barr?  Standing pat for Sammy?  Its a little early for drinking isnt it?

I was thinking the same thing. Why in the world would we trade up for Barr? At first, I thought it said Mack. But nope, it says Barr.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was merely referring to a previous convo in which you said that you'd be fine as long as we try. Hayseed is really the only one who actually has stated that he wants Carr over all the others.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he's still referring to draft boards from November. He bud, they've changed a bit since then. This thing called the NFL combine happened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t hate the Carr pick.  I like him and Bridgewater a whole lot better than Bortles or Manziel.  If LnL really decide they want a QB I would be OK with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doesn’t give me a boner but I’d be ok with it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be okay with picking Carr at 7 too. My preference is to trade down a few spots, pick up A. Donald and pick A. Murray in the 3rd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m okay with Carr, or quite frankly with any of the quarterbacks if that’s the guy they want to develop. I’d RATHER have a impact player at #7, but if you are going to pick a quarterback, might as well get one of the top picks rather than one with even more flaws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no issue with Carr either. Drafted at r2 or r1 doesn't matter. If he is a franchise QB no on cares about taking him at 7 and if he's not then there is no reason to take him in r1 or 2.

this!  Something most here don’t get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was merely referring to a previous convo in which you said that you'd be fine as long as we try. Hayseed is really the only one who actually has stated that he wants Carr over all the others.

Not true. Here's my rankings from JDub's Rank the QBs thread:1. Bridgewater2. Carr3. Bortles4. Manziel5. Garoppolo6. Murray7. Mettenberger8. McCarron9. Savage10. BoydWhose misquoting who now?I've said that I think Carr has the most upside of all the QBs in the draft and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. Ideally, I'd like to get him lower than 7.Upside doesn't always translate. I think Teddy, right now, is the most polished passer of the group and he is my top guy. Doesn't mean that he will be the better QB IF Carr lives up to his potential. I also think that Carr gets a lot of unwarranted hate from most people on this board. Having actaully watched more than a few of his games, I have to disagree. Dude is legit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no issue with Carr either. Drafted at r2 or r1 doesn't matter. If he is a franchise QB no on cares about taking him at 7 and if he's not then there is no reason to take him in r1 or 2.

this!  Something most here don't get.

And some dont get that when you draft a guy at 7, it should be someone who can play today.  When you keep picking in the top 10, it means you have a bad team and need to get someone to produce right away.  When you suck and you put your 1st pick on the bench, you didnt make your team better for the next year.  IF you are going to do that, said pick needs to be special and I dont see that kind of special in Carr.  I dont mind walking away from the draft with Carr, but I want Carr AND a top 10 talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not true. Here's my rankings from JDub's Rank the QBs thread:1. Bridgewater2. Carr3. Bortles4. Manziel5. Garoppolo6. Murray7. Mettenberger8. McCarron9. Savage10. BoydWhose misquoting who now?I've said that I think Carr has the most upside of all the QBs in the draft and I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. Ideally, I'd like to get him lower than 7.Upside doesn't always translate. I think Teddy, right now, is the most polished passer of the group and he is my top guy. Doesn't mean that he will be the better QB IF Carr lives up to his potential. I also think that Carr gets a lot of unwarranted hate from most people on this board. Having actaully watched more than a few of his games, I have to disagree. Dude is legit.

I think a lot of people are basing their opinions mostly off the USC game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think a lot of people are basing their opinions mostly off the USC game.

All of his tape shows he's not super accurate downfield.  That's a problem in anyone's system.  He's Trent Dilfer with a little more athleticism and a little worse downfield accuracy.  Please no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lets see, led the NCAA in yards and TDs.  Led Fresno to a 11-1 record.  has the best arm in the draft.  has adequate size. grew up around the game and takes it seriously.  has high character.  is just as athletic as Manziel.  was the best qb at the senior bowl.  looked good at the combine.  had a great pro day. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Technically I didn't misquote you...lol

I watched games with Mariotta, Manziel, Carr, Mettenberger, McCarron, Hundley today.  Best to worst1. Carr His stats are inflated by a ton of WR screens but when he made big boy throws he was still good. I see some of the off the back foot stuff people talk about but it isn't endemic. He's got a live arm, threw a number of good deep balls and reads the field well and has good accuracy. 2. McCarron. He smart, he plays the position well. He was laying grossly inferior competition but he did what you should do versus that low rent opposition.3. Mariotta. I like his accuracy when he passes more than I d seen before. He has really no NFL level understanding of the passing game. He has a team of one read throws and when he doesn't get one read he gets to read one side of the field. Guy could easily be the next Harrington. 4. Mettenberger. Looks like an NFL QB on his best throws. Still doesn't seem to be able to put it together consistently enough. He's gonna grade out a lot liked Glennon I'd guess in terms of should be instead of is right now. 5. Hundley. He is Josh Freeman 2.0. Big live arm, great atheletic ability but no consistency or NFL level accuracy. 6. Manziel. It was a bad bad for him and LSU has figured out the mojo. Rush him, contain him and make him beat tight coverage...and he can't. That isn't what you ever want to say about a QB prospect.

Don't always agree with you, but that is pretty much spot on in my book.

Also, I don't necessarily hate Carr, but I would hate taking him with the #7 pick. If he is there at #38, so be it. I think that if all 4 of the QBs reached their true potential, then Bortles would be the best...but you have to weigh the chances of them actually getting up their ceiling and, to me Bridge has the best chance of maxing out and getting to that coveted "top 10 level" of QB play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lets see, led the NCAA in yards and TDs.  Led Fresno to a 11-1 record.  has the best arm in the draft.  has adequate size. grew up around the game and takes it seriously.  has high character.  is just as athletic as Manziel.  was the best qb at the senior bowl.  looked good white at the combine.  had a great pro day.

Fixed it for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn’t touch Carr with a 10 foot poll and it has nothing to do with his brother.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only knock on him is that he isn’t as cute as his brother.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr – curious, cautiousBridgewater - I'm buying shots!Manzeil - pissed at the worldBortles - confused

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

don’t get the Bortles hate.  history tells us that probably one qb in a draft will end up being franchise.  sometimes 2.  sometimes 1.  and about every ten years or so 3 end up being.  if I had to bet, Bortles is the one from this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr - curious, cautiousBridgewater - I'm buying shots!Manzeil - pissed at the worldBortles - confused

Manziel – running around screaming excitedTeddy - let's roll, babyCarr - GTFO LovieBortles - meh, but meh okay

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr - curious, cautiousBridgewater - I'm buying shots!Manzeil - pissed at the worldBortles - confused

Manziel - running around screaming excitedTeddy - let's roll, babyCarr - GTFO LovieBortles - meh, but meh okay

Manziel - Not necessarily pumped, but will cross my fingers and hope for the bestBortles - IntriguedCarr - I'm turning off the TV, not watching the rest of the draft, popping some Zoloft, and setting neighborhood cats on fire.Bridge - giphy.gifThe-Perks-of-Being-a-Wallflower.gifgiphy.gif excitedkenneth.gif1012445.gif rihannaomg.gifgiphy.gif Excited-Gif.giftumblr_inline_n3983tjnBc1sx2fq4.giftumblr_mkse3mfrv41qhub34o1_400.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifLoki.gifexcitedguy.gifcrazyoprah.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bridgewater or Carr?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lets see, led the NCAA in yards and TDs.  Led Fresno to a 11-1 record.  has the best arm in the draft.  has adequate size. grew up around the game and takes it seriously.  has high character.  is just as athletic as Manziel.  was the best qb at the senior bowl.  looked good at the combine.  had a great pro day.

Gimmick offense.  Little to no competition.  Doesn't have the best arm in the draft.  Could care less if he grew up around the game.  Ill give you the character and athletic check mark.  Ryan Leaf had a great pro day too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wont pretend to know better than LnL so I'll suck it up if it happens. If we do grab a QB at 7 I just hope its an open competition between him and McCown. I don't want our first pick to sit if we can help it.

Don't think you are being realistic.I don't see a starting QB for 2014 in the whole draft. Carr isn't even in my top 3.  For the Bucs I have Garoppolo #1 and the kid from Georgia #2 and Bortles #3

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel - running around screaming excitedTeddy - let's roll, babyCarr - GTFO LovieBortles - meh, but meh okay

Manziel - Not necessarily pumped, but will cross my fingers and hope for the bestBortles - IntriguedCarr - I'm turning off the TV, not watching the rest of the draft, popping some Zoloft, and setting neighborhood cats on fire.Bridge - Hilarious GIF's

lolz @ ChaceAnd btw, I'm in agreement of your assessment of those guys.  Carr is the only one I would completely hate as a top ten pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know too much about Carr, but isn’t one of his weaknesses that he crumbles when there’s pressure in his face? If we do draft him, I hope we don’t start him right away because it could get ugly quick with our o-line still being a work in progress.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as we don’t waste the number 7 pick on Bridgewater I’m cool with anyone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m with you alldaway. No one knows Carr better than Coach Ted. If he signs off then we might have stumbled into someone special. He’s also a perfect fit for Coach Ted’s offense from what we’ve heard of it. Have him sit for the year behind Josh and have him ready to scorch the Earth in 2015.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One thing that I have heard about Carr is his shyness stepping up in the pocket in the face of pressure.  How does someone all of a sudden decide to step up and not shy away from getting hit in the mouth when he is under pressure?  To me you either do it (Bridgewater) or you don’t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm with you alldaway. No one knows Carr better than Coach Ted. If he signs off then we might have stumbled into someone special. He's also a perfect fit for Coach Ted's offense from what we've heard of it. Have him sit for the year behind Josh and have him ready to scorch the Earth in 2015.

No one knew more about Josh Freeman than Raheem Morris. No one knew more about Mike Glennon than Greg Schiano.No more drafting coach's pet projects at QB. Hasn't worked for us. Also I really don't understand the Bridgewater hate. His film is basically perfect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m ok with Carr, even at 7 if there’s a  qb or two drafted ahead of him. He seems like the best fit for the offense and his release is Drew Bree’s like. There’s a couple guys I’d rather have ahead of him so it might not be my favorite or first choice, but I’d definitely be content with the pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW, for all the fans that DON’T care for the Carr pick by SR, bear in mind that I don’t think he’s got a single first round selection for the Bucs right yet (maybe once). So the odds are strongly in your favor that the pick is going to be another player.Just say'n...:)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will be plenty happy if we draft Carr at #7. I think he will be good. I will also be happy if he sits 1 or 2 years as well. That means McCown is balling and Carr is getting good Dev. time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d rather have Bridgewater at 7 but if we wind up with Carr, I won’t be upset, even if we pass up on Teddy. If that is the case, then I think it’s obvious at the that point that Teddy’s arm strength is a concern. If we somehow end up with either in the 2nd round?????????????????  I’ll do backflips!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Technically I didn't misquote you...lol

I watched games with Mariotta, Manziel, Carr, Mettenberger, McCarron, Hundley today.  Best to worst1. Carr His stats are inflated by a ton of WR screens but when he made big boy throws he was still good. I see some of the off the back foot stuff people talk about but it isn't endemic. He's got a live arm, threw a number of good deep balls and reads the field well and has good accuracy. 2. McCarron. He smart, he plays the position well. He was laying grossly inferior competition but he did what you should do versus that low rent opposition.3. Mariotta. I like his accuracy when he passes more than I d seen before. He has really no NFL level understanding of the passing game. He has a team of one read throws and when he doesn't get one read he gets to read one side of the field. Guy could easily be the next Harrington. 4. Mettenberger. Looks like an NFL QB on his best throws. Still doesn't seem to be able to put it together consistently enough. He's gonna grade out a lot liked Glennon I'd guess in terms of should be instead of is right now. 5. Hundley. He is Josh Freeman 2.0. Big live arm, great atheletic ability but no consistency or NFL level accuracy. 6. Manziel. It was a bad bad for him and LSU has figured out the mojo. Rush him, contain him and make him beat tight coverage...and he can't. That isn't what you ever want to say about a QB prospect.

Don't always agree with you, but that is pretty much spot on in my book.

Also, I don't necessarily hate Carr, but I would hate taking him with the #7 pick. If he is there at #38, so be it. I think that if all 4 of the QBs reached their true potential, then Bortles would be the best...but you have to weigh the chances of them actually getting up their ceiling and, to me Bridge has the best chance of maxing out and getting to that coveted "top 10 level" of QB play.

You do realize that Bridgewater is not on the list of QBs Dalbuc was talking about, right?I can see where you'd believe that I am all aboard the Carr bandwagon because I've been pretty busy defending the guy of late. But no, I'd prefer Bridgewater. There are some concerns but he appears to be pro-ready. I like his accuracy, pocket awareness, and touch. I don't get the hate. He had a bad pro day, period. Film however, doesn't lie. Dude is money and singlehandedly made Louisville a legit threat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW, for all the fans that DON'T care for the Carr pick by SR, bear in mind that I don't think he's got a single first round selection for the Bucs right yet (maybe once). So the odds are strongly in your favor that the pick is going to be another player.Just say'n...:)

Last year, all we heard going up to the draft was how much Schiano and co loved Margus Hunt and that if he was there...he was going to be the pick....glad that didn't happen. If you look back at the mocks over the past 3 years, there hasn't been a single correct selection....hopefully that trend continues.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW, for all the fans that DON'T care for the Carr pick by SR, bear in mind that I don't think he's got a single first round selection for the Bucs right yet (maybe once). So the odds are strongly in your favor that the pick is going to be another player.Just say'n...:)

Last year, all we heard going up to the draft was how much Schiano and co loved Margus Hunt and that if he was there...he was going to be the pick....glad that didn't happen. If you look back at the mocks over the past 3 years, there hasn't been a single correct selection....hopefully that trend continues.

Except for Josh. Remember vividly how easy that pick was to see coming and everyone was just praying it wasn’t true.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except for Josh. Remember vividly how easy that pick was to see coming and everyone was just praying it wasn't true.

Yea, but that was 5 years ago. My statement was just confined to the last 3(final) mock drafts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except for Josh. Remember vividly how easy that pick was to see coming and everyone was just praying it wasn't true.

Yea, but that was 5 years ago. My statement was just confined to the last 3(final) mock drafts

my bad. misread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s all good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm with you alldaway. No one knows Carr better than Coach Ted. If he signs off then we might have stumbled into someone special. He's also a perfect fit for Coach Ted's offense from what we've heard of it. Have him sit for the year behind Josh and have him ready to scorch the Earth in 2015.

Tedford wants to do a lot of quick hitters and Carr is the most ideal QB for that.  Carr also has the strongest arm in the draft so he can do a lot of the deep go/post routes over the top to make teams pay if they are playing tight coverage to counter the quick hitters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d argue that Bridge is the best QB for quick hitters…    but the distinction between the two in this area is negligible

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd argue that Bridge is the best QB for quick hitters...    but the distinction between the two in this area is negligible

Jimmy G, Bortles and Manziel can work the quick hitters too (that is most of their college game tape for most college QB's). But Carr has the arm strength to make teams pay downfield.Bortles has shown he can make downfield throws but they tend to wobble on go routes.  Manziel all he did was throw go routes to Evans so we know he can do it but what about downfield post routes?  Teddy is special because his accuracy downfield is really underrated despite the talk about his arm strength.  Jimmy G is simply nice bur a work in progress.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd argue that Bridge is the best QB for quick hitters...    but the distinction between the two in this area is negligible

I'd agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teddy is basically the best QB in this draft at everything. There’s a reason him and Clowney were basically consensus 1 and 2 to start the year and aside from Clowney’s hustle issues were 1 and 2 at the end of bowl season. All the smoke screen aside, wouldnt surprise me one bit to see them go 1 and 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teddy is basically the best QB in this draft at everything. There's a reason him and Clowney were basically consensus 1 and 2 to start the year and aside from Clowney's hustle issues were 1 and 2 at the end of bowl season. All the smoke screen aside, wouldnt surprise me one bit to see them go 1 and 2.

Yeah Teddy can do it all.  I think where Teddy will be most lethal is 20+ yard passes as he is laser accurate.

Please wait…

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.