Viewing 71 reply threads

• Author

• blount3

Participant

Here after a freaking beat down that Baltimore handed to us I thought it couldn’t get worse but I stand corrected. I can’t stand to watch Lovie’s press conferences anymore and listen to him saying we are getting better. What game have you been watching Lovie?Isn't pretty sad that Oneil Cousins played better LT than Collins and couldn't even hold his own at LG so we traded for Mankins who gave up the blocked FG?Glennon had a tough game yesterday, worst this season for him but I thought he also made some good throws. McCown wouldn't have done any better. I still think Glennon has to play the rest of the season in order to make important personnel decisions in the off season.The damning part of all of this to me is assignment issues. I have never seen so many issues with players not being where they are suppose to be in the NFL. Didn't happen with Schiano, Raheem, or Gruden. Everyone always raved about Lovie's calm demeanor, I laugh because some of these players need an absolute ass chewing for holding this franchise hostage. Micheal Johnson, Collins, Goldson all have to go, and I am tired of seeing Jackson drop passes 10 million dollar man and not just this year but it seems he has always had a drop problem. The roster moves in itself has to have the Glazers wondering if Lovie even knows how to evaluate players.Someone please tell me why Kevin O'Dea still has a job. This has got to be the worst special teams in a NFL season that I can remember. First NFL team ever to allow a block FG and blocked Punt in the same game twice in one year. I don't care if your Tom Brady its hard to overcome that kind of hurdle and win close games. Told my buddy that you just got that feeling that the last blocked punt was going to happen, and what happened next wide open touchdown pass for Hoyer. Lastly I said it last week Lovie should personally pay back all the season ticket holders just on the fact that he is allowing a 34 year old man to coach an NFL offense. Clearly I stated he is out of his league and throwing on 3rd and 1 is a perfect example, but here is the mind boggling thing why didn't Lovie just overrule Arroyo and tell him to run the ball. Arroyo can come up to the podium and act like he is a big shot the fact of the matter is you have the ball pushing it down the field and knowing you have to score a touchdown why in the hell are you throwing on 3rd and 1 when you need to get a first and still had timeouts. I'm not saying I wish I had Schiano but I do know one thing we would not be 1-7 under him, and it all goes back the Glazers being hell bent on selling tickets. Now they are in the same situation as last year. Sad thing is Lovie didn't have a Freeman debacle, MRSA, half of your total offense on injured reserved for the season. It will be interesting to see what the Glazers do after the season because I truly don't see how Lovie is that safe when everything that is going wrong is because decisions he made. Lovie has way to much decision making power for this team, I personally wouldn't mind the Glazers begging Jon Gruden to come back since that looks like the worst decision the franchise has made in a decade.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what?could u repeat that??

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

I'm not saying I wish I had Schiano but I do know one thing we would not be 1-7 under him...

You do realize we were 0-8 under Schiano just one year ago....right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please stop with the fire Lovie threads! The Glazers gave him a 5 year deal and he will be here next year…period! It is an anomaly to fire a coach after just one season…no matter how bad it isWe are stuck with Lovie for at least one more season...back to back 1 or 2 win seasons and all bets are off

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You forget that the Glazers like to follow the latest coaching trend in the NFL.  They hired Morris based on the success of Tomlin, and looked to hire a hot commodity college coach (Chip Kelly) after the success of Harbaugh.  If Cleveland continues to improve and make the playoffs, the Glazers could follow their lead and think it's better to cut ties early and move on, just like what happened to Chud.  Cleveland is currently paying 3 coaches, so it isn't completely far fetched for the Glazers to do the same.  If this team goes 1-15, that's a 12 game losing streak.  That's hard to justify a coach staying. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give him two years.  Sick of the coach turnover.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here after a freaking beat down that Baltimore handed to us I thought it couldn't get worse but I stand corrected. I can't stand to watch Lovie's press conferences anymore and listen to him saying we are getting better. What game have you been watching Lovie?Isn't pretty sad that Oneil Cousins played better LT than Collins and couldn't even hold his own at LG so we traded for Mankins who gave up the blocked FG?Glennon had a tough game yesterday, worst this season for him but I thought he also made some good throws. McCown wouldn't have done any better. I still think Glennon has to play the rest of the season in order to make important personnel decisions in the off season.The damning part of all of this to me is assignment issues. I have never seen so many issues with players not being where they are suppose to be in the NFL. Didn't happen with Schiano, Raheem, or Gruden. Everyone always raved about Lovie's calm demeanor, I laugh because some of these players need an absolute ass chewing for holding this franchise hostage. Micheal Johnson, Collins, Goldson all have to go, and I am tired of seeing Jackson drop passes 10 million dollar man and not just this year but it seems he has always had a drop problem. The roster moves in itself has to have the Glazers wondering if Lovie even knows how to evaluate players.Someone please tell me why Kevin O'Dea still has a job. This has got to be the worst special teams in a NFL season that I can remember. First NFL team ever to allow a block FG and blocked Punt in the same game twice in one year. I don't care if your Tom Brady its hard to overcome that kind of hurdle and win close games. Told my buddy that you just got that feeling that the last blocked punt was going to happen, and what happened next wide open touchdown pass for Hoyer. Lastly I said it last week Lovie should personally pay back all the season ticket holders just on the fact that he is allowing a 34 year old man to coach an NFL offense. Clearly I stated he is out of his league and throwing on 3rd and 1 is a perfect example, but here is the mind boggling thing why didn't Lovie just overrule Arroyo and tell him to run the ball. Arroyo can come up to the podium and act like he is a big shot the fact of the matter is you have the ball pushing it down the field and knowing you have to score a touchdown why in the hell are you throwing on 3rd and 1 when you need to get a first and still had timeouts. I'm not saying I wish I had Schiano but I do know one thing we would not be 1-7 under him, and it all goes back the Glazers being hell bent on selling tickets. Now they are in the same situation as last year. Sad thing is Lovie didn't have a Freeman debacle, MRSA, half of your total offense on injured reserved for the season. It will be interesting to see what the Glazers do after the season because I truly don't see how Lovie is that safe when everything that is going wrong is because decisions he made. Lovie has way to much decision making power for this team, I personally wouldn't mind the Glazers begging Jon Gruden to come back since that looks like the worst decision the franchise has made in a decade.

Finally somebody with some common sense...great post and points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a good year for the Glazer boys, Man U is currently in 10th place in the Premier league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem the Glazers seem to have is that they don’t have a belief in a system. They have tried to copy successful organizations instead of developing their own. So they tried to copy the 49ers but ended up with the Raiders instead. Then they tried to copy the Steelers but, and now are trying to recreate the Dungy years while copying the Patriots. The success of the organizations they are trying to copy is based on the fact that they stick to the same system and build and rebuild around it not constantly change. Glazers are the problem as much as they try to do the right thing they just don’t get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not a good year for the Glazer boys, Man U is currently in 10th place in the Premier league.

No way to run two sports franchises on two continents

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Totally agree with this.  I wish a football mind would buy our team.  The Glazers have a culture less organization that seems to have no direction either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please stop with the fire Lovie threads! The Glazers gave him a 5 year deal and he will be here next year...period! It is an anomaly to fire a coach after just one season...no matter how bad it isWe are stuck with Lovie for at least one more season...back to back 1 or 2 win seasons and all bets are off

With the recent success of the Browns don't be surprised if we do, its a copycat league

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what happens when you have Non football people making decisions.Glazers interview one canidate for the job, and hire him, give him authority over the roster prior to a GM hire. Glazers are the most backward thinking owners in Sports, trying to re create the Dungy success in a offense driven NFL.Sucks to be a Bucs fan

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s here for at least 2 more seasons…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Arsenal are 4th and they are owned by Kroenke. He has 5 or 6 sports franchises on two continents

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

fire Lovie!

I'm with ya.  Fire his lame ass and hire Brian Schottenheimer as the next Bucs head coach. 

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

Arsenal are 4th and they are owned by Kroenke. He has 5 or 6 sports franchises on two continents

And none of his teams are any good.    Arsenal is the best one.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

He's here for at least 2 more seasons...

Maybe as the water boy.  But he's gone as head coach after this season when he finished 1-15.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t really have a problem with the business model the Glazer’s are employing.  I actually like it and applaud them for it.  They’re hiring “football people” to make the “football decisions”.  They’re the anti-Al Davis, Jerry Jones, and Dan Snyder that many people piss and moan about.  Their only flaw was hiring the wrong people.  If they do manage to put the right people in place, they have a chance to win a lot of games for a long time.Look at Jeffery Lurie in Philadelphia.  He inherited Harry Gamble as GM and Rich Kotite as coach for the 1994 season.  Following the '94 season he fire Kotite and hired Ray Rhodes.  Then fired Gamble after the '95 season and gave Rhodes full control starting with '96.  After 1997, he hired Tom Modrak as the GM.  After the 1998 season, he fired Rhodes and hired Andy Reid.  Under Andy Reid, the Eagles had a 12 season stretch in which 11 were .500 or better.  They made the playoffs 10 times, the Super Bowl once and the NFC Championship 5 times.All it is, is a matter of hiring the right people.  If you have to fire the wrong people in order to get to the right people along the way, then so be it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Al Davis actually was a football person.  He was a coach and a GM before becoming an owner.  And he was pretty successful in the 70s and 80s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Al Davis actually was a football person.  He was a coach and a GM before becoming an owner.  And he was pretty successful in the 70s and 80s.

"Was"... and the game eventually passed him by.  At the end, Raiders fans were actually expecting no success until Davis died.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't really have a problem with the business model the Glazer's are employing.  I actually like it and applaud them for it.  They're hiring "football people" to make the "football decisions".  They're the anti-Al Davis, Jerry Jones, and Dan Snyder that many people piss and moan about.  Their only flaw was hiring the wrong people.  If they do manage to put the right people in place, they have a chance to win a lot of games for a long time.Look at Jeffery Lurie in Philadelphia.  He inherited Harry Gamble as GM and Rich Kotite as coach for the 1994 season.  Following the '94 season he fire Kotite and hired Ray Rhodes.  Then fired Gamble after the '95 season and gave Rhodes full control starting with '96.  After 1997, he hired Tom Modrak as the GM.  After the 1998 season, he fired Rhodes and hired Andy Reid.  Under Andy Reid, the Eagles had a 12 season stretch in which 11 were .500 or better.  They made the playoffs 10 times, the Super Bowl once and the NFC Championship 5 times.All it is, is a matter of hiring the right people.  If you have to fire the wrong people in order to get to the right people along the way, then so be it.

The problem is the Bucs didn't hire football people.The owners interviewed Lovie, and NO ONE else, and he was hired and given control he'd never been given before. No GM, or President of Football Operations was hired prior to the coach, so the Glazer Sons, FAILED again. Another bad coaching choice, another waste of money and time on Sundays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't really have a problem with the business model the Glazer's are employing.  I actually like it and applaud them for it.  They're hiring "football people" to make the "football decisions".  They're the anti-Al Davis, Jerry Jones, and Dan Snyder that many people piss and moan about.  Their only flaw was hiring the wrong people.  If they do manage to put the right people in place, they have a chance to win a lot of games for a long time.Look at Jeffery Lurie in Philadelphia.  He inherited Harry Gamble as GM and Rich Kotite as coach for the 1994 season.  Following the '94 season he fire Kotite and hired Ray Rhodes.  Then fired Gamble after the '95 season and gave Rhodes full control starting with '96.  After 1997, he hired Tom Modrak as the GM.  After the 1998 season, he fired Rhodes and hired Andy Reid.  Under Andy Reid, the Eagles had a 12 season stretch in which 11 were .500 or better.  They made the playoffs 10 times, the Super Bowl once and the NFC Championship 5 times.All it is, is a matter of hiring the right people.  If you have to fire the wrong people in order to get to the right people along the way, then so be it.

The problem is the Bucs didn't hire football people.The owners interviewed Lovie, and NO ONE else, and he was hired and given control he'd never been given before. No GM, or President of Football Operations was hired prior to the coach, so the Glazer Sons, FAILED again. Another bad coaching choice, another waste of money and time on Sundays.

Lovie and Licht are both football people.  Just not good ones.  Jeffrey Lurie did the same thing, but eventually he did hire the right people.  The model is fine, it's the execution that's lacking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe as the water boy.  But he's gone as head coach after this season when he finished 1-15.

Come on Java. You know the Glazers won't pay 3 head coaches.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Malcom Glazer did well with McKay and Dungy.Then made a very bold move to get a new type of offense in young Gruden.The sons got upset with the 4 losses at the end of 2008 even though most of the blame was with the defense and pulled the plug on a coach who could get players to play beyond their ability.  (See the OL in 2002.)The sons spend money and do their best, but fail to completely appreciate the subtle changes taking place in the league with new types of offense and rule changes that favor the offense. Although they tried hard to get Kelly, they should have continued to try and find another coach schooled in the new offensesA well oiled offense puts fans in the stands even though the defense is bad.A struggling offense is just boring.It would seem that with the short term of Raheem and Schiano, we are now stuck with Lovie whose defense seems to be outdated.For all those who clamored to fire Gruden (like Stroud with the Times) you didn't consider that the situation could get a lot worse.  Now I am afraid we are stuck with Lovie for a another year or two.A sad situation but not that difference from Oakland, Jacksonville, Cleveland and Minn.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And none of his teams are any good.    Arsenal is the best one.

Huh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think we should go back to McCown and stick with him to see if maybe he can revive this offense.good lord this team is out of sorts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure there is. They don't have to do anything except sign the paychecks . It's Lovie and Licht who need to start running things better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

i think we should go back to McCown and stick with him to see if maybe he can revive this offense.good lord this team is out of sorts.

What in God's name would that help now?  In business, as in life, if you are going to fail, fail fast......the worst thing that could happen right now is for McCown to win games.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

Not even in your wettest of wet dreams. That would doom the Buc's far worse. Seriously who would want the HC job knowing you have to succeed year 1 or you get sh|t canned like Lovie? You think the Buc's are a joke now fire Lovie after 1 year and see are much worse it can get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

big difference succeeding year 1 and going 1-15.  moving in the wrong direction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

even though its unlikely they fire him I think they should at least consider replacing his puppet GM.  the personnel decisions those two bone heads made shows theres a problem giving Lovie basically full authority.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Not even in your wettest of wet dreams. That would doom the Buc's far worse. Seriously who would want the HC job knowing you have to succeed year 1 or you get sh|t canned like Lovie? You think the Buc's are a joke now fire Lovie after 1 year and see are much worse it can get.

He could go 3-13 and he's going to get shit canned.  This is not what anyone signed up for and I dont care if they are paying 10 coaches - Lovie will be gone. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is always a bad argument.  There are only 32 of these positions in the world.  There will always be someone who wants it no matter the consequences or circumstances.  And I think Cleveland is proving that it is possible to fire the entire front office and coaching staff after 1 season and bring someone in that will be successful.  (Can't believe Cleveland is a model I want the Bucs to follow)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He could go 3-13 and he's going to get (censored) canned.  This is not what anyone signed up for and I dont care if they are paying 10 coaches - Lovie will be gone.

if year 2 is bad.  like in 4 wins or less then yeah I don’t see him surviving.  don’t think 3 years is guaranteed.  but unfortunately 2 years is IMO.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

A coach that thinks he can win.  You can't go backwards after all of the money and moves you made.  It's amazing that some think this is some kind of practice run.  It's real big boy football and we are the worst franchise by a long shot as of today.  There is no explaining this level of ineptitude with a straight face considering all of the moves we have made.  The beginning of the end for Lovie was bringing in that waste of talent McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

best thing that could happen is the Glazers sell and the new owner isn’t attached to this regime.  not going to happen but I can at least dream.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is always a bad argument.  There are only 32 of these positions in the world.  There will always be someone who wants it no matter the consequences or circumstances.  And I think Cleveland is proving that it is possible to fire the entire front office and coaching staff after 1 season and bring someone in that will be successful.  (Can't believe Cleveland is a model I want the Bucs to follow)

I think your "there will always be someone" comment actually illustrates the point of the prior comment . Firing coaches quickly and often probably makes the most qualified candidates think twice, so yes you can get someone making a step up and hope he is like a Pettine, but you would probably have trouble getting several other candidates, especially after firing an established head coach so quickly.That said though, the worst scenario for the Glazers would be Lovie losing out with the team showing little improvement. There would be some real pressure to let him go no matter the long-term implications

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its about as hard to win 1 or 2 games as it is to win 11 or 12.  takes a special kind of incompetence to achieve that.  especially for a guy that’s already been a HC in this league for 9 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the more likely scenario is the team wins another game or two, or at least competes/improves down the stretch . . and Lovie stays but they fire a few coaches and coordinators, the first being our DC, especially if Marinelli is available

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

It's not a bad argument by your own admission. All your saying is there is always a LOSER willing to take the LOSER position. Cleveland hadn't had failure after failure after failure either. They simply made a bad move and fixed it while we have a pattern/history. At the end of the day Lovie will be back year 2. I'd be willing to put $1,000 cash on that any day. Heck I have around $5,000 cash sitting at home I'd put it all on that fact. You in?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not a bad argument by your own admission. All your saying is there is always a LOSER willing to take the LOSER position. Cleveland hadn't had failure after failure after failure either. They simply made a bad move and fixed it while we have a pattern/history. At the end of the day Lovie will be back year 2. I'd be willing to put $1,000 cash on that any day. Heck I have around $5,000 cash sitting at home I'd put it all on that fact. You in?

oh man, a bet! . . a bet! . . where's 10lb when you need him.Oh . . wait . . never mind

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

oh man, a bet! . . a bet! . . where's 10lb when you need him.Oh . . wait . . never mind

Yea he wouldn't actually follow through. I'd escrow it up to a 3rd party. That's the right way to do something like this. :)

Please wait…

• fseyfi89

Participant

Browns fan here that lives in the Bay Area.  Worked for us despite no one wanting the job apparently.  Pettine has the best record for a first time Browns head coach through 8 games since 1967.  As an outsider, I have to ask why they should keep Lovie and Licht.  They have missed on pretty much all of their free agent acquisitions (I think Jenkins would have worked if he didn't get injured).  Evans was a great pick for them, but the rest of their draft is either bad or up in the air.  I think ASJ can be good long term, but I believe they reached for both him and Sims.Then there are the bad calls on the offensive line.  Why cut Joseph instead of Nicks?  Why cut Penn and then spend a lot of money on Anthony Collins, a guy the Bengals fans were snickering about when you signed him (same with Johnson).If I run the Bucs, do I want Lovie and Licht deciding who we draft?  I saw this year after year for the Browns.  Trust the wrong guys, let them hang around, and let them mess up the draft again and again.  It does start at the top with the Glazers.  They have never shown a penchant for picking an executive.  Rich McKay was put in charge before they got there and they left him in charge.  They were smart enough to go get Gruden to push them over the top and fix their offense, but they could never put a team in place to run the org.I would want to start over.  First, hire a GM and team President then let that guy hire the coach.  Let them evaluate the talent and give them carte blanche to run the team.  They were so desperate for Lovie and a tie back to the Dungy era that they gave him everything they wanted.  And Lovie, like Schiano, did not recognize the talent deficiencies and sold a quick fix over a real rebuild.  This just further set the Bucs back.Lovie Smith and Jason Licht have shown this year that they are poor talent evaluators at best and completely incompetent at worst.  I think Lovie is a good head coach when that's all he is.  He had Jerry Angelo to get him talent in Chicago.  Though he has shown an inability to coach offense or select a good offensive coordinator.  Again, I sit on the outside.  I think the best thing for the Bucs is to reset.  Funny thing is, job security comes with that.  One of the factors last year with the Browns was the idea that any new regime would be given a long chance.  Once you fire a coach after a year, you can't do it again for a long time.  It was understood coming in that Pettine and Farmer would be given three years at worst and probably at least four.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys act like the Glazers are poor owners. They own one of the biggest soccer teams in the world. If they wanted to fire Lovie and pay 3 coaches they could fairly easy. Someone will be the fall guy this year though. I’m not sure its Arroyo since he is our QB coach who was thrown into a role he wasn’t ready for.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t want to start a new thread with this but has anyone in the media pressed Lovie to address the Tedford situation?  Does he just say it’s health concerns?  And if he knew he wouldn’t be back for the year why didn’t they hire a new OC?  I know this is an old topic but I think this needs to be addressed before the end of the year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie’s puppy is sick.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

Lovie's puppy is sick.

10lb and Dolo's are as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns fan here that lives in the Bay Area.  Worked for us despite no one wanting the job apparently.  Pettine has the best record for a first time Browns head coach through 8 games since 1967.  As an outsider, I have to ask why they should keep Lovie and Licht.  They have missed on pretty much all of their free agent acquisitions (I think Jenkins would have worked if he didn't get injured).  Evans was a great pick for them, but the rest of their draft is either bad or up in the air.  I think ASJ can be good long term, but I believe they reached for both him and Sims.Then there are the bad calls on the offensive line.  Why cut Joseph instead of Nicks?  Why cut Penn and then spend a lot of money on Anthony Collins, a guy the Bengals fans were snickering about when you signed him (same with Johnson).If I run the Bucs, do I want Lovie and Licht deciding who we draft?  I saw this year after year for the Browns.  Trust the wrong guys, let them hang around, and let them mess up the draft again and again.  It does start at the top with the Glazers.  They have never shown a penchant for picking an executive.  Rich McKay was put in charge before they got there and they left him in charge.  They were smart enough to go get Gruden to push them over the top and fix their offense, but they could never put a team in place to run the org.I would want to start over.  First, hire a GM and team President then let that guy hire the coach.  Let them evaluate the talent and give them carte blanche to run the team.  They were so desperate for Lovie and a tie back to the Dungy era that they gave him everything they wanted.  And Lovie, like Schiano, did not recognize the talent deficiencies and sold a quick fix over a real rebuild.  This just further set the Bucs back.Lovie Smith and Jason Licht have shown this year that they are poor talent evaluators at best and completely incompetent at worst.  I think Lovie is a good head coach when that's all he is.  He had Jerry Angelo to get him talent in Chicago.  Though he has shown an inability to coach offense or select a good offensive coordinator.  Again, I sit on the outside.  I think the best thing for the Bucs is to reset.  Funny thing is, job security comes with that.  One of the factors last year with the Browns was the idea that any new regime would be given a long chance.  Once you fire a coach after a year, you can't do it again for a long time.  It was understood coming in that Pettine and Farmer would be given three years at worst and probably at least four.

Well said.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Great post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree with macphisto. Our moves this year haven’t shown immediate results but owners shouldn’t be as shortsighted as fans.  As an owner im not firing lovie because he trusted mccown in the short-term, even though its proven to be a mistake. As an owner I would inform lovie that qb is a priority and to continue ro build.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree with macphisto. Our moves this year haven't shown immediate results but owners shouldn't be as shortsighted as fans.  As an owner im not firing lovie because he trusted mccown in the short-term, even though its proven to be a mistake. As an owner I would inform lovie that qb is a priority and to continue ro build.

It absolutely has shown results... negative ones.  Almost 100% of the decisions Lovie has made has been wrong.  This team is going in the wrong direction.  This team has enough players on it that have quit on Morris and Schiano.  They'll quit on Lovie too.  Going back to McCown is also another sign that the team is going in the wrong direction.If I'm the owner, I'm seeing that every QB that has been brought in since 2009 (again, every QB), has absolutely sucked and showed no signs what-so-ever of being capable of winning in the NFL.  I'm also seeing that I have a HC who has showed no signs what-so-ever in his career of ever being able to have a QB improve.  I think it's pretty obvious here that 2+2=4.  As an owner, I'm seeing that the best course is to fire Lovie and hire an offensive minded HC and give him an opportunity to pick his own QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

fire Lovie!

I'm with ya.  Fire his lame ass and hire Brian Schottenheimer as the next Bucs head coach.

Hey TebowUpInMyGuts, still got that poster of Tebow in his underwear on the ceiling over your bed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not saying I wish I had Schiano but I do know one thing we would not be 1-7 under him...

You do realize we were 0-8 under Schiano just one year ago....right?

Just about every fan forgot that and thought we were playoff bound this offseason. Typical fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1-15 and he should be fired.  Not even a question.  Lovie’s team is a joke.  He’s a joke.Does anyone trust this staff going forward.  He'd have to fire Frazier, O'Dea and Arroyo.  Maybe then he gets year two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano got the boot because the Glazers felt their team was too talented to go 4-12. Spending a ton of money in free agency and this team somehow managed to get worse, that lies strictly on the coaching staff and FO. If Lovie and co manage going 1-15 or 2-14 and still retain their jobs the Glazers are hypocrites…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please stop with the fire Lovie threads! The Glazers gave him a 5 year deal and he will be here next year...period! It is an anomaly to fire a coach after just one season...no matter how bad it isWe are stuck with Lovie for at least one more season...back to back 1 or 2 win seasons and all bets are off

They fired David Moyes during his first season. I don't think they'd hesitate to fire Lovie Smith if things continue to go down this path.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW, Lovie Smith was signed to a 4-year deal, with the 5th year as a team option. http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/1/1/5264940/lovie-smiths-contract-with-buccaneers-is-for-four-years-with-fifth

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

STOP ALL THIS! LOVIE WAS IN A BASEMENT FOR A YEAR FOR GOSH SAKES!All kidding aside, I think this team is about to turn things around for Lovie. You can see it on the defensive side a little bit each week.

Please wait…

• richhussey

Participant

STOP ALL THIS! LOVIE WAS IN A BASEMENT FOR A YEAR FOR GOSH SAKES!All kidding aside, I think this team is about to turn things around for Lovie. You can see it on the defensive side a little bit each week.

As long as 'turning it around' just means keeping the games close but still losing. There's no reason to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as 'turning it around' just means keeping the games close but still losing. There's no reason to win.

The players want to win. They don't care about the draft position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They were on vacay when they started the season. No real reason to make them do anything now.Go out there and play in the grass. Y, not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One win season?Clean house.  He buried this franchise with his absurd moves.  NEVER liked the Mike JOhnson pick.  He sucks.  It's amazing how foolish the coaches are about defensive ends.  Since Simeon, and aside from Greg White and Mike Bennett, the Bucs have made some really bad decisions regarding the D-line.Letting a home grown kid who was productive as hell, for a very palatable salary was just a head scratcher.  Coaches need to understand they are only as good as the players around them.These coaches the Bucs have hired think their way is it."This team needs Greg Schiano""We are absolutely not changing our scheme"Time to clean house.  WHo cares if they fire Lovie?  Drop in the bucket for them financially, and it sucks that they have to pay another one, but for goodness sake this team needs a real direction and focus.  And it starts with a Quarterback.'Do any of you love the idea of Lovie Smith taking pick 1?  And if he does draft a QB, do you trust what Lovie will do to groom him?It was a bad decision, because Lovie has not put solid minds around him.  We don't know what the deal with Tedford is, but a coach like Lovie, as I said before, will constantly over rule play calls.  That probably gave Tedford the heart attack to be honest.  Told you guys when they hired him that his offense will make some of you turn to drugs, become alcoholics, and pull your teeth out by the roots.  But I never dreamed his defensive posture would be so pathetic and weak.And these are his players.  Some of the guys he has inherited are key pieces to make his scheme run properly.  For whatever reason, it ain't happening.  It's alright.He can be fired.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should be fired just based on the premise that he actually believed glennon and mccown were worth anything. That sh1t was downright incompetent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are a lot of things you can do that won’t get you fired. Mismanaging the QB spot is on the short list of crap you can do that will and should.

Please wait…

• dzejms

Participant

“Forced” to fire Lovie.  What a joke.  They should be glad to get rid of Lovie.  The dude licks unwiped ass.  No way in hell did Schiano leave behind a team that should be 1-7 right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been thinking about this quite a bit.  For the past few weeks I have thought and said that we need to stick it out and let Lovie build this team, but more recently I’m not so sure.Let's compare the Lovie situation to Schiano's.  Schiano had a rough season last year.  The MRSA outbreak hurt more than most want to admit.  The QB that was forced on him imploded and forced the team to start a rookie that wasn't ready.  The team ended the year with half the starters on IR.  Despite the 0-8 start the team looked to be improving the second half of the season.  All said and done Schiano was fired after going 4-12.Lovie has had better luck.  No MRSA.  He got to hand pick his QB.  A few guys have been banged up, but overall Lovie's team has done well on the injury front.  Lovie did have his OC go on IR, but it happened early enough in the season that adjustments could have been made.Being completely unbiased I'm not sure what record should allow Lovie to keep his job.  I was one of the ones that really thought he would turn things around, but it looks like I was wrong.  Does he deserve more time?  I don't know.  His history says he does, but the team on the field says otherwise.Unless I am mistaken Schiano signed a 3 year deal.  That means after this season the Glazers are off the hook for him.  Might make a change easier for them to stomach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has clearly done himself no favors as his chosen free agents have been mostly crap. His roster management has been awful. The QB is obvious but he has screwed up the RB spot as well for example. The team isn’t well coached in any sense. We hear about tons of mental mistakes on defense and plenty of flags. The one thing I am tired of hearing is how he isn't disciplined enough or is to laid back. We fired Morris for being too loose. We fired Rutgers for being too tough. Now Lovie is somewhere between these two and it still isn't good enough?  It is like our roster is an old UHF station that can only work if you keep your hand on the rabbit ears and move it juuuuust the right amount.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been thinking about this quite a bit.  For the past few weeks I have thought and said that we need to stick it out and let Lovie build this team, but more recently I'm not so sure.Let's compare the Lovie situation to Schiano's.  Schiano had a rough season last year.  The MRSA outbreak hurt more than most want to admit.  The QB that was forced on him imploded and forced the team to start a rookie that wasn't ready.  The team ended the year with half the starters on IR.  Despite the 0-8 start the team looked to be improving the second half of the season.  All said and done Schiano was fired after going 4-12.Lovie has had better luck.  No MRSA.  He got to hand pick his QB.  A few guys have been banged up, but overall Lovie's team has done well on the injury front.  Lovie did have his OC go on IR, but it happened early enough in the season that adjustments could have been made.Being completely unbiased I'm not sure what record should allow Lovie to keep his job.  I was one of the ones that really thought he would turn things around, but it looks like I was wrong. Does he deserve more time?  I don't know.  His history says he does, but the team on the field says otherwise.Unless I am mistaken Schiano signed a 3 year deal.  That means after this season the Glazers are off the hook for him.  Might make a change easier for them to stomach.

Nothing Lovie Smith has done this season indicates real improvement. He decided to overhaul a roster that was 4-12 only to more than likely win less games the way it's looking. We're last in defense, offense, and ST is abysmal. Completely screwed up the QB situation and free agency hasn't panned out either. I just can't point to one single thing he's done that gives us hope when we're more than likely going 1-15 to end the year. And for that alone he should be fired. I do find it interesting that national media gives Smith a pass with a 1-7 record based on his previous experience/resume. They hated Schiano and his ways and that jackass still won us more games with a better ranked defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has clearly done himself no favors as his chosen free agents have been mostly crap. His roster management has been awful. The QB is obvious but he has screwed up the RB spot as well for example. The team isn't well coached in any sense. We hear about tons of mental mistakes on defense and plenty of flags. The one thing I am tired of hearing is how he isn't disciplined enough or is to laid back. We fired Morris for being too loose. We fired Rutgers for being too tough. Now Lovie is somewhere between these two and it still isn't good enough?  It is like our roster is an old UHF station that can only work if you keep your hand on the rabbit ears and move it juuuuust the right amount.

So the coach is the guy stuck holding the antenna? Eh, I can agree with that. To an extent anyway.First, lovie is too quiet for sure. He needs to show some fire about him when he loses. Not schiano Gestapo like, but make sure players know you are cheesed in some way.These guys are making millions of dollars. If their coach is lax, why shouldn't they be? ..And we have seen that. Comfortable.Second thing. The players have no fire of their own accord. From schiano, raheem, and now lovie, they have shown over and over again that they have no fire. These are "tow the line" guys, and they're doing just that.And lastly, the glazers have a choice to make. Can lovie and Co, allow him to fire/trade/whatever everyone, or do both.I'm of the belief this is somewhat of a perfect storm. Lazy/comfortable players, playing for an easy going hc. It's not just lovie's fault, and it isn't just the players fault. Like you said. Antenna. Apparently no one wants to get up to adjust it though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has clearly done himself no favors as his chosen free agents have been mostly crap. His roster management has been awful. The QB is obvious but he has screwed up the RB spot as well for example. The team isn't well coached in any sense. We hear about tons of mental mistakes on defense and plenty of flags. The one thing I am tired of hearing is how he isn't disciplined enough or is to laid back. We fired Morris for being too loose. We fired Rutgers for being too tough. Now Lovie is somewhere between these two and it still isn't good enough?  It is like our roster is an old UHF station that can only work if you keep your hand on the rabbit ears and move it juuuuust the right amount.

So the coach is the guy stuck holding the antenna? Eh, I can agree with that. To an extent anyway.First, lovie is too quiet for sure. He needs to show some fire about him when he loses. Not schiano Gestapo like, but make sure players know you are cheesed in some way.These guys are making millions of dollars. If their coach is lax, why shouldn't they be? ..And we have seen that. Comfortable.Second thing. The players have no fire of their own accord. From schiano, raheem, and now lovie, they have shown over and over again that they have no fire. These are "tow the line" guys, and they're doing just that.And lastly, the glazers have a choice to make. Can lovie and Co, allow him to fire/trade/whatever everyone, or do both.I'm of the belief this is somewhat of a perfect storm. Lazy/comfortable players, playing for an easy going hc. It's not just lovie's fault, and it isn't just the players fault. Like you said. Antenna. Apparently no one wants to get up to adjust it though.

Why Lovie gets all the blame? These are his hand picked free agents, these are his hand picked draft picks, the Glazers gave him what he wanted. Final say on all player moves.This mess is his fault. He has shown me as a season ticket holder that he didn't learn from his mistakes in Chicago and the Glazers have shown they are still hiring the wrong coaches.1 or 2 wins means Lovie has got to go. I said before the season happened if Lovie wins less than Raheem in his first year or Schiano in his last year he was a bad hire.

Please wait…

Viewing 71 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.