Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• Buc45

Participant

One of the following players WILL be there at #7 and all are excellent players who can really make a big difference on our team next year:

1) S. Barkely RB- This guy is a rare talent who made make an immediate impact on our team. With a run on quarterbacks early, he could drop to us. With a big time running game, stud tightends and Evans, Jackson, Godwin and Humphries…our red zone woes should change right away (if Koetter gets his act together).

2) Bradley Chubb DE… If the Colts don’t take him, he could realistically fall to us. We never thought Howard would drop to us last year and so don’t count this out.

3) Quenton Nelson G- I know some are opposed to taking a guard this high… I keep thinking back to the time when we passed up Steve Hutchinson for Kenyatta Walker. Nelson is a huge difference maker in the run game. This is a deep running back class and so we can still get a quality back later on.

4) Vita Vea . DT- After the combine, many people on this board will start to love this guy. He is a rare talent who is not just a running stuffing nose tackle. He could line up in a 3-4 or 4-3 and play all three downs. He is a freak and he is not done developing. McCoy and Vea would be a great combo.

5) Tremaine Edmunds LB/Edge- This is my dark horse. This guy will just light up the combine. Remember, Khalil Mack was a pass rushing LB in college as well. Edmunds is bigger at 6’5 and 240 and faster… and you can play him anywhere…He can rush off the edge, blitz down the middle, play effectively in space. He is a freak and he is only 19 years old! He has a massive frame and will just get bigger and stronger in the NFL.

We can’t miss with any of these guys… Cleveland, Denver, NYG and NYJ are all in the markets for QBs and don’t forget that the Cardinals could make a move and trade up.

• Buc Bauce

Participant

Trumaine Edmonds is not an edge player. He’s a SAM linebacker.

I would rather have Derwin James over a linebacker.

Also, I would take Settle over Vea.

• Buc45

Participant

Edmonds actually lines up all over the place. I think scouts will be intrigued with his skill set. He is not strictly a SAM.

• Buc Bauce

Participant

Ok I was kind of being sarcastic about Edmunds. He’s a great line backer. He’s not a defensive end.

Also, I don’t see enough from him as a pass rusher to say that he’s a 3-4 OLB that can be similar to Khalil Mack.

He’s not that guy. He’s a nice linebacker, but Khalil Mack he is not.

I would rather have someone like Harold Landry even before I would take Edmunds.

• Buc45

Participant

I know…he is a bit of dark horse. But it is early in the draft evaluation process (at least by the media standards). Just watch this guy… I think this guy is not your traditional linebacker…he is a freakish type player that seems to have unlimited potential. Kiper just did a write-up saying that he can line-up all over the field…including the edge. Remember, he is only 19.

• Pennywise

Participant

I agree with op ,Edmunds will blow teams away with workouts,and I wouldn’t be shocked if some teams see him as a edge player
      He is a stud player,and freak athlete
      That said I don’t take him at 7

• BucsBay

Participant

The only guys on your list I’m cool with being our first pick are Chubb and Nelson. I’d be fine with Davenport at #7 too. Rush the passer and protect the QB. Draft RB’s, NT’s, and Tweener edge rushers in later rounds imo.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Go BPA or trade down if the value is there.

Don’t complicate it, trade up, reach for need, or other things that continues to keep us in the cellar.

• Ja’crispy

Participant

With all these great top 10 guys, were gunna get a great player no matter what. Jason will make the right move. In Licht we trust!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trade back. After Chubb the level of impact diminishes greatly. Let someone else reach on Barkely or a QB and stockpile picks. We have plenty of holes.

• JC5100

Participant

Can’t take Nelson or Vea at 7. There’s absolutely no value in it.

Chubb, Fitzpatrick then there’s a big drop. Then you get into Orlando Brown, Tremaine Edmunds and Denzel Ward tier. They believe in Smith so they won’t take Brown. They would never take Edmunds but Alexander has to be moved from Mike. He kills the defense by leaving his gap in runs and getting lost in the middle of the field in zone. I want to see Beckwith at Mike and Alexander at SLB.

Ward is a nice fit here at 7. Will never been a hall of famer but he’s worth #7, it’s a huge need at a very important position.

• Madman

Participant

Passed up Steve Hutchinson for Kenyatta Walker. Good lord.

Nelson may be the best player in this draft. He’s that good. OG has more value than it used to.

• JC5100

Participant

If you want to say Walker over Hutchinson then I can say Cooper and Warmack over Hopkins. In that draft Kyle Long went 20 and even that wasn’t worth it because Rhodes went 25, Hopkins 27, Slay 36 and Watford, who’s just as good as Long, went 65

• Defense5599

Blocked

Pennywise
      Feb 16, 18 at 9:16 am #1061997
      I agree with op ,Edmunds will blow teams away with workouts,and I wouldn’t be shocked if some teams see him as a edge player
      He is a stud player,and freak athlete
      That said I don’t take him at 7

If Chubb is off the board and the Bucs trade down with Buffalo, do you take him at 21 or 22?

• Pennywise

Participant

@defense5599
        I would take him without question at 21 or 22,probably need to get him sooner then that though …..i would use him to rush the passer,drop into coverage etc,he is a big boy,and only 19

I said it over and over,I don’t stay put,I trade down,love the quality depth of this draft,I would accumulate picks
        If Chubb is gone by 7,I am trading out,I might even trade back if Chubb is on the board

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Nelson is no Davin Joseph. Nelson is a very physical player that brings nasty on every play.

Licht better not screw this up.

Build the trenches!

• Biggs3535

Participant

Madman
      Feb 16, 18 at 3:38 pm #1062059
      OG has more value than it used to.

This is a reality some on this board don’t want to except. And not only are they more valuable, but really good ones are few and far between. There is a lot of shitty Guard play in the NFL.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

If Chubb is off the board and Nelson is OTB @ 7 and we do anything else than pick him- Licht should be thrown out of the war room, forever.

• JC5100

Participant

Two of the best guards in the league were free agents last year and we passed. Now all of the sudden we have to draft one at #7. Get the F out of here with that.

• Biggs3535

Participant

JC5100
      Feb 17, 18 at 4:46 pm #1062224
      Two of the best guards in the league were free agents last year and we passed.

How’d that turn out?

• Pennywise

Participant

more I watch the more I like and am convinced Edmunds can play off the edge and more
      early on he did play some edge in VT 43 defense, now a backer in a heavy 4-2-5
      boy is he long and athletic, he can go forward as well as he goes sideline to sideline, can drop in coverage

• Buc45

Participant

I am starting to like Edmonds more and more as well. We need to start adding great players and building around their skill set. A good DC could do wonders with a guy like Edmonds. He is only 19 and so he will probably put on another 15 lbs in the NFL…Think about that… Kiper has him now ranked as his #8 ranked prospect overall and I expect he will go even higher after the combine. Draft the stud… He is bigger than Von Miller and Khalil Mack…both of whom are linebacker size but spectacular off the edge. This guy can play inside, outside and can cover. This should be a DC’s dream.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

The Buccaneers can take care of their Guard issues in free agency and not have to spend a premium pick on a position that is not a premium position.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Cheap, solid protection will allow us to spend more on the defence. Having said that, I still would like a defensive player in the first, preferably on the line.

• Graham

Participant

The thought of Edmunds is growing on me. I’d like to think the coaching staff and front office could scheme a way to use him, but I’m not optimistic, and therefore would expect them to take a more plug and play guy.

Casserly had Davenport going 6th to the Broncos in his latest mock. I’m not sure what I’m missing with him. He seems like a giant project.

• JC5100

Participant

Edmunds film isn’t that great though. NFL.com has his comp to Brian Urlacher but I see Jaime Collins.

• Graham

Participant

His “film” isn’t great? What are you seeing that others don’t?

• JC5100

Participant

He blew a coverage vs Clemson that turned into a walk in 55 yard TD. He’s not a great block shedder, because he plays with poor leverage and isn’t aggressive when engaged. I think he would struggle as a 4-3 Mike because of his height. He’s definitely not Urlacher. His scheme fit is 3-4 OLB. That’s where I’ve seen his best plays.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

JC5100
      Feb 16, 18 at 2:31 pm #1062043
      Can’t take Nelson or Vea at 7. There’s absolutely no value in it.

Chubb, Fitzpatrick then there’s a big drop.
      ===========

It would depend how you view Fitz. Some GM’s are seeing him as a safety, others view him as a CB. If you consider him a shutdown corner, he is worth the #7 pick, but at the safety position, not so much. IMO

• Pennywise

Participant

he is not a shut down corner, he would be a slot cb, he rarely played outside at bama

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Pennywise
      Feb 18, 18 at 8:02 pm #1062348
      he is not a shut down corner, he would be a slot cb, he rarely played outside at bama
      ==============

Agree, I don’t want him at #7 at all.

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.