Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• Ron Swanson

Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BC5rZvQKY (disregard the annoying music… regard that 65 screen cut back across the entire field 2:03)Allen Robinson, 6'2-3", 220lbs. Junior - Penn State2012: Rec: 77 Yards: 1018   Avg.  13.2 Long: 53 Tds: 112013: Rec: 97 Yards: 1432   Avg.  14.8 Long: 65 Tds: 6NFL Draft Profile40 YARD DASH: 4.60 SEC ...2nd attempt: 4.56VERTICAL JUMP: 39.0 INCHBROAD JUMP: 127.0 INCH3 CONE DRILL: 7.00 SEC20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.00 SEC60 YARD SHUTTLE: 11.36 SECStrengthsExcellent size. Good line release -- defeats press. Sinks his hips, breaks off sharply and creates separation. Works back to the ball. Climbs the ladder -- has elevation and body control to contort and make plays in the air. Turns short throws into chunk plays -- gets upfield quickly and shows shiftiness, vision and run strength. Executed a full route tree in a pro-style offense. Highly productive -- totaled 174-2,445-17 (14.0) in last two seasons. Will be a 21-year-old rookie.WeaknessesLacks elite top-end speed -- needs double moves to separate vertically and gets tracked down from behind. Occasionally tracking and leap timing are off. Is more confident in his hands outside the numbers or in the air than he is over the middle. Traps throws against his body and double-catches some. Tends to cradle throws or go down to the ground. Swings the ball loosely as a runner. Can improve physicality and sustain as a blocker.Bottom LineThe Big Ten's leading receiver the last two seasons, Robinson is a big, fluid, outside receiver with a nice combination of "above-the-rim" prowess and run-after-catch ability. Offers possession skills, playmaking ability and red-zone utility to develop into a solid No. 2 option...My opinion: Though he lacks the elite straight line speed we all want (see Watkins, Evans, Cooks), Robinson has really good quickness and he's elusive after the catch (as can be seen in the highlight video). He's got good hands, and has the knack for going up and getting the ball in the air and in the endzone, works well on the outside, but is also good in screens and slants with high YAC plays. Being in PSU country I've seen a lot of games, and even though I hate Penn State, I have always been impressed by Robinson, many times he completely dominated his competition. I think he could go anywhere from the late 1st, to Mid-2nd (due to his 40 time) but I'd love to pick him up with our second. I see him being a solid #2 receiver right off the bat (and put up Mike Will numbers) and possibly #1 in the future. NFL Comparison: Anquan Boldin with a little Alshon Jeffrey

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like him ….wouldn’t be a bad pick. If we go wr in the 2nd though I’d rather target one of the speedy guys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BC5rZvQKY (disregard the annoying music... regard that 65 screen cut back across the entire field 2:03)

not that  I dislike him but Im going to disregard the music AND the 65 yard screen cut back across the entire field, and so should everyone lol. The score was 7 - 63 and the entire Ohio State defense jogged and let him score the TD. Howd you not notice that?Honestly I think he's a good receiver but he reminds me of Mike WIlliams, and I never liked the combinatoin of Mike WIll and Vjax anyway. I want speed and moves on the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a very good receiver. There will be a lot of good receivers available in the 2nd and 3rd. I think it’s more about what flavor we are looking for rather than who is better. They are all really good. It's funny cause Robinson and Mathews were in the top 5 WRs on just about every internet site and talking head's rankings for months and months. Now over the last month they have slipped and OBJ & Cooks have replaced them. I think it is related to 40 times more than anything. I'm not sure any of them are clearly better than the other. They are all very good and very different. Robinson's a guy that could easily end up being the best receiver in this draft. He played with a very bad quarterback and the ball placement was awful, so it's hard to say how good he can really be. He does have a lot of Mike WIlliams to his game, which isn't a bad thing. He is most likely going to be a very solid #2....but who knows. If we took the BPA in the 1st round and then managed to come away with Robinson and Landry....I think we'd be really, really good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's a very good receiver. There will be a lot of good receivers available in the 2nd and 3rd. I think it's more about what flavor we are looking for rather than who is better. They are all really good. It's funny cause Robinson and Mathews were in the top 5 WRs on just about every internet site and talking head's rankings for months and months. Now over the last month they have slipped and OBJ & Cooks have replaced them. I think it is related to 40 times more than anything. I'm not sure any of them are clearly better than the other. They are all very good and very different. Robinson's a guy that could easily end up being the best receiver in this draft. He played with a very bad quarterback and the ball placement was awful, so it's hard to say how good he can really be. He does have a lot of Mike WIlliams to his game, which isn't a bad thing. He is most likely going to be a very solid #2....but who knows. If we took the BPA in the 1st round and then managed to come away with Robinson and Landry....I think we'd be really, really good.

I like Matthews.  His production was off the charts and I think he could be a day one starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been going through all the receivers that would be considered in the first 5 rounds…and I just am not of fan of Robinson at all.  Just looks slow… There are a lot better options out there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been going through all the receivers that would be considered in the first 5 rounds...and I just am not of fan of Robinson at all.  Just looks slow... There are a lot better options out there.

Hes unquestionably a posession reciever, which is why his ceiling being that of a solid #2 is probably spot on. I may have to go look at him again, but i thought i saw a lot of body catches, didnt seem to get great separation but was able to compensate with his leaping/jump ball ability. However even jump ballers need to create some separation at the next level, and i dont know if he'll be able to consistently. And i also noticed the score on his field reversing play vs Ohio St, which I agree pretty much wipes the play as utterly meaningless.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9BC5rZvQKY (disregard the annoying music... regard that 65 screen cut back across the entire field 2:03)

not that  I dislike him but Im going to disregard the music AND the 65 yard screen cut back across the entire field, and so should everyone lol. The score was 7 - 63 and the entire Ohio State defense jogged and let him score the TD. Howd you not notice that?Honestly I think he's a good receiver but he reminds me of Mike WIlliams, and I never liked the combinatoin of Mike WIll and Vjax anyway. I want speed and moves on the Bucs.

I did notice the score, i saw the game live on tv, but it didn't take away the play for me. It still looked like the defense was running but they probably had let up a little, but it still showed good agility and awareness.  Maybe the fact I saw it live made it more spectacular? Haha either way, you can see he does the same kind of thing (taking screens for big plays) in a lot of the clips. I do agree he is a little like MWIll, especially in the speed department and playing style, but he seems to have more quickness, he's taller, and from what I've read is a pretty good route runner. But I would be happy with speed too, I just posted about Robinson because I feel like he's left out in the discussion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If im taking a wr from Big 10 country, make mine a Cody Latimer. Dudes got size, hands and wheels

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Richardson better than Robinson as far as my teir 3 WR’s go. He gets in and out of breaks so fast. And of course we can’t forget the most underated WR this year…….Huff!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m really big on Robert Herron in round 3 . Would be perfect slot wr , and speed in space to compliment vjax and Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like ARobinson but I dont like WR in the 2nd at all based on the players expected to be available. If we had a mid-late 2nd we would be better positioned for ARob.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm really big on Robert Herron in round 3 . Would be perfect slot wr , and speed in space to compliment vjax and Evans.

I'd take Huff over Herron all day long. Plus I think Herron is a 5th rd guy. If Huff is there late in the 4th, and we haven't drafted a slot guy yet.....please go get him. A "speed in space" slot reciever with sudden quickness, speed to stretch a defense, catches everything, aggressive Hines ward style blocker, and a great special teamer. If we can get a big body outside in the early rounds Josh Huff is my pick for the slot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The sites I use have Herron ranked above Huff , and neither are ranked as 5th rounders , so I’m not sure where you are pulling this crap that he’s a 5th rounder out of …

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.