Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

What do you see as a realistic possibility?

I do not think it is likely or a smart move but it’s interesting to think about.

Especially during off-season boredom time.

• Greattimes

Participant

In return I would want to receive another teams next years first along with this years 2nd round pick. Some team would have to be desperate to make that trade.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Depends on how the draft shakes out up to that point. Unless there is a specific player they really like at 32, would make sense to trade if they could turn it into multiple quality picks. This team is going to have to shell out lots of free agent dollars the next couple years, so getting as many young contributors on the cheap as they can is vital to continued success.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

This right here. I would go no lower than five picks down in the second round if I’m going to give up my first. Plus at least a third rounder or a 4th and a late rounder.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I said it earlier but 32 is a great spot to be in. You get that last pick in the first round but it’s still the first round. Something that I think is an advantage for smart teams is being able to draft after your rivals or division opponents or just future opponents in general. You get to see what they have done and you can strategize based on what they do. Also is a good spot to do a trade from if you want because there could be some teams in the top of the second round that are bidding against each other for that last pick. Could even get a better first rounder for next year without losing a selection. Its a nice place to be in the draft other than you are the champs.

• buc-in-out

Participant

I proposed it before, I’ll say it again..

I’d trade the #32 pick and a 3rd round pick in 2022 to the Ravens for Orlando Brown, plug him in at LT, cut D.Smith and have Brown play one more year on his rookie 3rd round contract before giving him a huge extension next offseason when the cap presumably goes back up.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Didn’t the Ravens trade back into the first to get Jackson and have the ability for a 5th year option on him?

I could see a QB needy team wanting to do the same this year

• Natural Selection

Participant

Pick 32 has a value of 590 on the standard draft value scale. Dropping to pick 49 (410 points) with corresponding 3rd round pick #81 (185 points) is the closest to exact value.

So moving down 17 spots would gain an additional 3rd (pick 81) in an “equivalent value” trade down. Obviously teams could be incentivized to go over “book value”, which is somewhat common. Teams also do sometimes accept less than book to trade down, but usually not much less.

I really like the value of lots of the prospects I’m thinking will fall in the pick 75-125 range. So personally I’d take under book to add as many additional picks in that range as possible.

• buccnation

Participant

Yeah I doubt we get anything close to a future 1st unless we move way down. Expect a 3rd round pick or 2nd at best.

• mjs020294

Participant

Most likely trade is move down a few spots for an early 2nd round pick if the player we really want is likely to be still on the board; in exchange for a 4th or 5th round pick.

Extra picks in the first three or four rounds are never a bad thing.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Trading down a bit into the second round while landing a fourth means the Bucs can nab a guard, center, nose tackle or a nickel/dime back with that fourth round pick. Not bad value for team building purposes.

Build the trenches!

• Greattimes

Participant

Bump to get rid of advertising post.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.