Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• Barnz1

Participant

I don’t think so. Bucs came into this draft with clear needs on the DL for depth and future and OL.

Suh, McLendon, Gholston, JPP all old. Huge pressure on the Tryon pick to be a home run. This was a deep DL draft. Not in top end talent but a guy like Marvin Wilson was sitting there for our last pick and we chose a limited ST lber.

Jensen and Cappa out of contract. Huge pressure on Hainsey to be be a home run even if they re-sign because there’s little other options.

Bucs continue to disrespect the trenches in the draft. I think it will come back to bite them very soon. I expected at minimum 3-4 trench picks in a deep trench draft

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

OL, yes. Hainsey can play 4 of 5 o line positions.

I would’ve preferred an idl. But they love roaches for some reason.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I agree. I sort of like this draft except for Trask who I hate.

He could have been used on Minerz…the team should stock the shelves with solid components for the future, and not just to fill special teams roles. They have a future and should be mining for front end talent. As usual, Licht does weird shit from tome to time, unfortunately those moves fail more often than not.

Cornerback depth is an issue for sure as well.

• Bucman

Participant

The DL was terrible in this draft. Thats why the Bucs brought all the DTs back.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bucs went trenches with 2 of their 3 top picks. Would have went trenches in the 2nd round as well.

Tryon and Hainsey are going to be important as rookies for their niche roles and until the develop further for 2022 and 2023.

Build the trenches!

• Donkey

Participant

Well there’s only so many spots on the roster. What did you expect?

• Jr.3

Participant

I see where your coming from but I saw where the buccaneers are brining back their top 16 players on offense and their top 21 players on defense add in Gio, there Punter and kicker backup QB and LS and we only got 5 more spots we can dress on game day.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Would a DT in the mid to late rounds in a weak class be much better than Khalil Davis with a year under his belt?

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

1 pick on each line is not ignoring the trenches.

They got some quality depth at all positions except RB

• kingtrojan

Participant

I would have liked to see more emphasis on the Oline as I still feel outside of Wirfs and Jensen the rest of the guys are avg to below avg. I would have liked to see more focus on the secondary as well.

• SaskBucs

Participant

How dare you slight Marpet here!

• SaskBucs

Participant

Easy to say now with hindsight but they left some trench out there. I think what they did is enough considering the limited roster space available.

Meinerz in Round 2 and DT Daviyon Nixon in round whatever would have been great. Don’t know anything about Trask and that could be a good pick down the road but I didn’t like a QB in round 2.

Glad they went for some speed special teams later and only so many picks but Meinerz and Nixon or Marvin Wilson like someone said would have been nice. Again easy to say and most years I think drafting for anything but speed and special teams in the later rounds is stupid. Guess now that Bucs are winners again we just want our cake and to eat it.

• Bucman

Participant

PR said during the draft stream that Nixon has off the field problems that scared teams off but wouldn’t tell us what it was because it wasn’t public.

• SaskBucs

Participant

Thanks Bucman, I was wondering why he went so late. Of course to the Panthers.

• GoldsonAges

Participant

So, can someone explain how picking trench players 2 out of the first 3 picks is ignoring the trenches?
      Are they supposed to waste picks on players with no chance of making the roster on day 3?

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• obuc

Participant

They signed Sedarius Hutchinson an undrafted player. He is a huge 335 pound guard out of south carolina. I took him in a couple mocks. I thought he was good.

• Roy

Participant

They used two of the three first picks on the lines. The later picks were addressing the special teams where you need fast players like linebackers.

• JoeyDaBuc

Participant

FWIW Marvin Wilson is a fat lazy locker room cancer. Easily the biggest CFB bust.

• seekpar

Participant

Yes, enough.

• ryan24

Participant

Using two of the first three picks the team had on OL/DL is ignoring the trenches?

• Barnz1

Participant

Using two of the first three picks the team had on OL/DL is ignoring the trenches?

Ignoring was probably the wrong word. Not maximizing your opportunities in a deep trench draft is probably better wording. There were OL guys in this draft with starting grades from respected people in the 3rd-5th. We chose a 4.76 40 LB in the 5th. I like Darden but at the cost of 2 picks I am not sure bout a 5’7 WR is worth it over DL/OL depth.

Suh, McLendon, Gholston, JPP all over 30. Cappa, Jensen out of contract. We picked the bare minimum of 1 OL and DL to get by.

This should’ve been our trench draft given issues that are coming, like we hit DB’s hard a couple years ago and are now reaping the rewards.

• tiapanda

Participant

“This should’ve been our trench draft”, which would have left the Bucs with the same bad special teams. This draft addressed our biggest weakness.

• Detrimental

Participant

I think using 2 picks of the 3 rounds is good enough. 9/10 you going end up with a Caleb Benenoch/Kevin Pamphile type player. If you want quality depth you address the need round 1-3. Which we did

Think Bucs will invest into DT next year via draft. Good chance we double dip

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

If it was up to me I would have went trenches the first four rounds.

Build the trenches!

• buccnation

Participant

I would have liked to see more emphasis on the Oline as I still feel outside of Wirfs and Jensen the rest of the guys are avg to below avg. I would have liked to see more focus on the secondary as well.

I’m not even sure if Jensen is our 3rd best olineman. Wirfs and Marpet are easily 1 and 2.

• obuc

Participant

Don’t sleep on UDFA Sadarius Hutchinson. At 6’4″ 330 he is a mauler on the inside. His 40 time (5.0), his vertical jump and his benchpress were all in the 90% or above percentile. He came from a big school, He has a smaller reach and smaller hands so, they think suited to the inside but IMO, if you could train him for center at 330 and take any of the inside 3 spots. You have a player. The only knocks against him was fundamentals that he can learn and was projected as a starter down the road.

Also, if you look at him, this isnt a 280 pound guy with a 50 pound gut. There doesnt look to be much fat on the guy that I can see. I had him in several of my mocks.

FYI, he got so strong, they wouldnt let him lift any heavier weight sets as it was too dangerous. He will make the team, so think 2 offensive linemen.

• SunnyD

Participant

I think Bucs are in good shape along the OL for 2021. Hainsey’s RT/iOL versatility coupled with what we now know about Stinnie’s ability gives the Bucs enough reliable depth to survive two injuries to the starting OL.

I doubt the Bucs will let both Cappa, Jensen, and Stinnie all walk in 2022 so I don’t even think the starting OLine is a huge concern in 2022 either. Bucs have some interesting UDFA and futures OLineman on the roster right now and plucking a diamond out of the rough from that pool of players would just be the cherry on top.

I agree on the DL but the Bucs basically tied their own hands on that front by bringing back Suh, Nacho, and McClendon. As others have stated you can only earmark so many roster spots for interior defensive lineman.

There will be some holes on the roster at iDL and DB going into next year’s draft but that’s just the nature of the business. It’s rare to see a team as well rounded as the Bucs have in 2021.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Should have easily been 3 of 3. That’s why Trask is an abysmal pick. Now and in the future. A low ceiling QB isn’t going to win you the title in today’s NFL. QBs need good arms and clutch skills.

So, can someone explain how picking trench players 2 out of the first 3 picks is ignoring the trenches?
      Are they supposed to waste picks on players with no chance of making the roster on day 3?

• TampaManiac

Participant

I wouldnt worry too much about OL. We keep bringing in guys every year that have been really good depth pieces. Our scouting dept seems to know how to fill depth. And we used a top pick on a QB. Thats kinda an important position. Reguardless how you feel about Trask the Bucs obvisously think he has a much higher cieling then many here seem to think. The Bucs have to gamble on a QB they like not a QB who will please comment boards.

I kinda sum up this whole thread that you are upset Bucs didnt draft trench with their low end picks. I really dont think the Bucs got room on the roster right now to draft benchwarmers who can’t play Special Teams. Remember, we just lost a couple of ST players from last year. We have to replace them from somewhere.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.