Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• parnelldickinson

Participant

was a close carbon copy of Alvin Kamara would you take him at #14 pick? Surely I say. But i still would draft one of the big4 Offensive lineman if available at #14 over Swift barring the unknown. Or probably Javon Kinlaw before Swift. Peace

• Anonymous

Inactive

A RB in round 1, pick 14? Casual.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Right. Has there been any rb selected in the top 14 that led their team to the post season? Let alone the conference championship? McCaffrey? Barkley? Zeke? Gurley? It wasn’t Hurley or Zeke that brought them to the playoffs. McCaffrey and Barkley as dynamic as they are can’t ride their teams to the playoffs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean the title didn’t give it away?

• Anonymous

Inactive

It did. I had to make sure the other casuals get it right.

You mean the title didn’t give it away?

• cvillebucfan

Participant

As much as I think Swift is the best RB in this class there are so many other “plan B’s” that could really be “plan A’s”.

My Rankings:
      Swift
      Ackers
      Dobbins
      Edwards-Helaire
      Taylor

All those guys have true RB1 traits but there is no sense in taking the top RB in the draft when you can still land one of these other guys in R2.

I looked at the R2 draft order the other day just to see who could take a RB in R2.

Round 2
      33. Cincinnati
      34. Indianapolis f/WAS
      35. Detroit ———–> Possibly but other major holes
      36. NY Giants
      37. LA Chargers ——-> Possible not likely
      38. Carolina
      39. Miami ————-> Possible
      40. Houston f/ARI
      41. Cleveland
      42. Jacksonville
      43. Chicago f/LV
      44. Indianapolis
      45. Tampa Bay

So as you can see we stand a VERY real shot of landing one of those top 5 backs, if we choose to in R2. If Swift goes to Miami in R1 with 1 of there other 2 first rounders we stand the very real possibility of landing the #2 back in the draft.

If we don’t like what we see on the board in R2 then you have guys like AJ Dillon out there in R3 or we could trade back into R2 to land him if we felt like we needed to.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

C-Ville,

I think we could trade back up into the late 2nd and grab Akers, which I would be okay with.

Possibly still nab Dillon in the 3rd.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

DH, Don’t disagree. I see Akers like mid round 2 for where he will be selected and its certainly possible he could be there late back end of R2. I would love to land him + keep our first R2 pick open to address another position.

Akers + Dillon could be a little overkill though. I still am really high on Rojo. He needs more experience to get down that pass pro but he showed out some last year. Need another step from him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

DH, Don’t disagree. I see Akers like mid round 2 for where he will be selected and its certainly possible he could be there late back end of R2. I would love to land him + keep our first R2 pick open to address another position.

Akers + Dillon could be a little overkill though. I still am really high on Rojo. He needs more experience to get down that pass pro but he showed out some last year. Need another step from him.

He needs a real blocking Oline and an offensive philosophy that doesn’t view the running game as an afterthought.

Tampa’s offensive ideology is going to change with Tom apparently in charge. I am still not sure how that happens, but I am not BA or Leftwhich.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

No doubt!

• cvillebucfan

Participant

If we could preserve that R2 pick and land Akers in the back end of R2 that would be so strong for us. I agree you’re gonna see a change because I think we all know that underneath stuff from backs, not necessarily TE’s is gonna be WIDE open and you get the ball in an Akers (for example) hands or Rojo (who caught the screen game great in 19) we’re gonna be hell to stop.

Lets say we trade back into R2 to grab the RB (Akers or whoever) whats your target with our 1st R2 pick? A guy I’ve gotten to liking is S Antoine Winfield Jr. He’s everywhere almost like an Ed Reed type guy. Little small height wise but had a really solid combine (4.45/40) and his instincts are crazy. He fits the mold of what BA and Bowles want, ballhawks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vhPQwCfwrs

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

C-Ville,

Wouldn’t be upset with Winfield at all as a Rd2 (A) pick with Akers as the Rd2 (B) pick.

If not Winfield, I would be on board with Epenesa, Uche, or Adeniji (Probably a reach).

• KingTampa007

Participant

I love swift, but I don’t think he’s that much better than a combo of ROJO, Antonio Gibson, and Dannyton Evans. These guys can be had from round 3-5.

That gives us the ability to draft Chassion in the 1st and our RT in the second (I’d pick Isiah Wilson in a heart beat.)

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Correct.

I love swift, but I don’t think he’s that much better than a combo of ROJO, Antonio Gibson, and Dannyton Evans. These guys can be had from round 3-5.

That gives us the ability to draft Chassion in the 1st and our RT in the second (I’d pick Isiah Wilson in a heart beat.)

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Would be down with that combo in Rd1 and Rd2.

Would still give us the opportunity to trade back up into the End of the 2nd as well.

• TCB2W!

Participant

I like how people downvoted me without any context. Yeah, say I’m wrong and not provide any proof to the contrary. Cowards.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.