Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Horse

Participant

I am confused about Mike Glennon.  I mean his stats were not that bad and he was highly recognized as the best rookie QB in the 2013 season.  If he is not our kind of guy why not trade him now even if our intentions are to pick another QB in the middle rounds?  Josh is here for two years and whoever we draft as a QB will be groomed by him.  I believe I heard that we will only carry 2 QB’s in regular season.  Somebody help me here, please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well Josh can be benched at any time and I do believe that Glennon has a shot (albeit small one) to win the starting job.Keep in mind that Glennon was good - for a rookie. This was a notoriously weak QB class and outperforming Geno Smith and EJ Manuel isn't that big an accomplishment. If he were drafted in 2012 he would have been the 5th!!! best rookie QB - ahead of only Brandon Weeden.Also it doesn't seem that Glennon has the skill set for Tedford's offence (we're of course guessing a little here). it seems to me that he doesn't make his reads fast enough and lacks the zip to fit what Tedford wants in a QB.And we likely will trade him - but not until we've drafted another QB. Who knows if there is a QB worth picking in the middle rounds? And the market may be depressed for a project QB until after the draft when some teams still have QB needs (although it could also be the opposite, I'm not entirely sure).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My feeling is that Lovie, who has been given the dream job of total control and say, will want his own qB project, whether this year or next.  I’m guessing this year.  I’m a Glennon fan, but I feel his days are numbered here, possibly gone by draft day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A mid round QB isn’t going to beat out Glennon.1. Most QBs make their biggest jump in terms of processing speed, anticipation, strength & conditioning, mechanics, and playbook knowledge year 2 of the pro game.2. Bucs emphasis on running the football with a revamped interior will play off big and reduce instant pressures for McCown/Glennon but benefits Glennon a lot more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with ADW.  If Glennon makes it to this summer, I think he’ll grow as a QB and be in consideration to start.  However, I’m not sure Glennon will make it through the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another point to consider is that Lovie is also speaking to teams that potentially need a qb, like Arizone, Tennessee, etc. The Bucs pick before Minnesota, who need a qb. So Lovie is upping the price for them to move in front of the Vikings and get the qb they want. Good strategy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My feeling is that Lovie, who has been given the dream job of total control and say, will want his own qB project, whether this year or next.  I'm guessing this year.  I'm a Glennon fan, but I feel his days are numbered here, possibly gone by draft day.

works for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My feeling is that Lovie, who has been given the dream job of total control and say, will want his own qB project, whether this year or next.  I'm guessing this year.  I'm a Glennon fan, but I feel his days are numbered here, possibly gone by draft day.

Sweep. I hope you are wrong,  I didn't like Glennon at first and then he grew on me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Glennon a lot to. With an improved oline and another off-season, I expect considerable improvement from him.  IMO, he has been somewhat devalued in the mind of many because he was a 3rd round pick. Many forget that Mike Mayock had him rated as a middle of the first round player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sweep. I hope you are wrong,  I didn't like Glennon at first and then he grew on me.

Hope I'm wrong too, Stan. 

I like Glennon a lot to. With an improved oline and another off-season, I expect considerable improvement from him.  IMO, he has been somewhat devalued in the mind of many because he was a 3rd round pick. Many forget that Mike Mayock had him rated as a middle of the first round player.

Agreed, bucjoe.  I'm wondering how many of the QB rookies this year, could/will start by game 4 and finish with a qB rating of 83.9  and a TD/Int ratio of 19/9, all while having an offensive injury list two miles long?  I think as the running game goes, so goes Glennon.  That's true for many qB's not named Manning, Brady, or Brees, but I really wanted to see Glennon get an opportunity to improve on the long ball. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he DID improve on the long ball. Early in the season he seemed to,throw,them all out of bounds. Later he actually threatened the secondary occasionally withit.  Not nearly well enough but better. Also, it should be remembered that he was essentially “thrown to the wolves” in that 4th game. Although he got snaps in the preseason games, he didn’t get much attention in practice as they attempted to bring Freeman along and salvage him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Totally agree, bucjoe.  I’m still not over the Cardinal game.  Glennon acutally had done enough to win until the fumbled handoff to Doug at midfield early in the 4th quarter with a 10-0 lead.  Totally downhill from there.I think due to major offensive injuries to all players essential to a consistent running game, i.e., Oline, TE's, and RB's, plus the injury to MW, Glennon was not able to throw downfield as often as I would have liked him to.  A 10.6 y/c avg was too low for coach Schiano's offense and i don't blame Glennon for that.  I blame major and multiple injuries.Maybe Lovie will surprise me and he's going to give Glennon the chance to be THE guy in a year or two.  I really doubt it though.  Too bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From my view there are several qbs in this draft class that would provide more than offered by Glennon – and they will likely be on the board from the third to the 7th round I suspect.  Glennon didn’t get a fair short – that is accurate.  The Offensive coaching staff was at best iffy, and saying the Oline underperformed is an understatement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just spit balling here, but what if Lovie and Licht actually do like Glennon?  It doesn’t seem like it, but just from the off chance they do, there would be no reason to make that point known right now.  Especially with them sitting at 7, potentially wanting a Khalil Mack or a Sammie Watkins type to fall to them.  Why not play like they will draft one of the QBs there forcing other teams to move in front of them.  If 3 QBs are taken ahead of the Bucs pick, that’s 3 additional players who fall to them.Just playing devil's advocate here.  My guess if I had to make one is that you are right - Glennon isn't long for the Bucs.  But we can't automatically assume they don't like Glennon and aren't potentially trying to get teams to jump in front of them in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just spit balling here, but what if Lovie and Licht actually do like Glennon?  It doesn't seem like it, but just from the off chance they do, there would be no reason to make that point known right now.  Especially with them sitting at 7, potentially wanting a Khalil Mack or a Sammie Watkins type to fall to them.  Why not play like they will draft one of the QBs there forcing other teams to move in front of them.  If 3 QBs are taken ahead of the Bucs pick, that's 3 additional players who fall to them.Just playing devil's advocate here.  My guess if I had to make one is that you are right - Glennon isn't long for the Bucs.  But we can't automatically assume they don't like Glennon and aren't potentially trying to get teams to jump in front of them in the draft.

they said Revis was a good fit and Williams wouldn't be held accountable when he was a "victim."

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.