Viewing 39 reply threads

• Author

• All About That Bucs

Participant

First and foremost, I am not one to keep hiring and firing coaches. That sets your franchise back at least two years. Lovie and Licht sold all of us last year that this team was ready to win now. 2-14 and one year later they are leading us to believe that this team can still be a winner. While it very well could be, it seems the probs that occured last year are still major issues. The OL is a disaster, no pass rush, and the secondary is lost. All we have heard about the defense is that we were top 10 in every category after the bye week last year, it takes at least a year to adjust to Lovie’s scheme. Ok I’ll give them time. As far as the OL, why haven’t we called Evan Mathis? Why didn’t we go after Mike Iupati in FA? The offense is only as good as the OL takes em. With Lovie and Licht still having Koenen on the roster, and still not calling Evan Mathis. I have to question Lovie’s football knowledge and his ability to lead a team. He has absoluteley no clue about offense. He has NEVER had any sort of offense in his head coaching career. Perhaps I’m not real happy with Sat night’s game, but I have no reason to beleive we will be any better than last year. Signed fed up and frustrated Bucs fan. Go Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was talking football with a friend who happens to be a Dolphins fan earlier today. We were talking about the preseason so far and began to discuss the expectations for each of our teams. I told him that I expect the Bucs to go about 8-8. He said we are going to be horrible this year and that 8-8 is a very lofty expectation. I went on to tell him that I worry about the Bucs losing a significantly higher amount of games than 8 games this year, that I believe it would result in the loss of our HC's (and possibly our GM's) job. He told me the owners would be complete idiots to fire the HC, regardless of what happens.The fact is, we are staring a rookie QB, who WILL make mistakes. Who is EXPECTED to make mistakes that will cost us games. That alone will earn Lovie at least one more year with this team. As far as Lovie being a coach who can't lead a team, that's just nonsense. The guy has been to the Superbowl. You've never heard a player say that he's a bad coach or that he doesn't know what he is doing. We have solid guys at both OG positions and the likes of an overpriced Evan Mathis is not going to benefit the position in either the long or short term.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, you don’t fire anyone, almost regardless. When everyone was convinced this team just needed a good coach and fired another HC it meant whoever they hired had to stay for at least 4 years. Lovie Smith is our HC and should be for the duration of his contract. He isn’t the best coach, he isn’t the worst coach. He is the Bucs coach for better or worse after now. Wanting him fired because this team looks like it did last in the first preseason game is not good reasoning. This team has been re-tooled. Patience is a virtue and a virtue this franchise needs badly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amen, BucNY.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trenches will hold the team back this year. I don’t have faith in the o-line at all and Warhop is one of the worst coaches in the league. Can’t believe he’s still around after last year’s mess. I’m a Lovie fan but keeping Warhop around is mind boggling. Just gotta hope that they don’t Jameis killed which I’m very worried about with Dotson probably missing the first few games. Hopefully we bring in Cherlius and he can be a respectable starter. D-line isn't as bad as the o-line but we have no outside rush. Unless Jacquies Smith plays like he does the second half of last year or George Johnson breaks out, we're in big trouble. Hopefully Lovie and Frazier can get creative with the line and move some of our DT's around. We're loaded there with McCoy, McDonald, Melton and McDaniel. Pretty sad that I have more faith in our interior guys getting pressure than I do with our ends. With that being said, a lot of young guys are gonna be getting playing time and I'm interested to see who can step up in the next few weeks and throughout the season. Kwon Alexander sounds like he could have been a big steal for us in the 4th and watching the rookies on the o-line will definitely be interesting. Also excited to see if guys like McDougald, ASJ and Edwards/Pamphile can earn their starting roles on this team. Anyways, I think we're still another year or two away from competing for the playoffs and Lovie has us headed in the right direction. We've got some great pieces for a core to build around and have definitely improved the depth in some areas. Just gotta draft a lot in the trenches the next two drafts and I think we'll really be in the business.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wont say the secondary is lost. The starters in the secondary are fine, and LBs are more than fine. But there are two major problems and theyre the same major problems weve had with the last 2 coaches as well. The Oline and Dline are functioning well below average. The Oline by now should have had way more resources invested in it, and the Dline should have had a lot more success by now as well. Multiple regimes are to be blamed I think, but its crazy how we're still talking about both units. It was just one pre-season game though. I actually was most disappointed with the DLine performance. The Oline looked slightly better in run blocking, and pass protection wasnt good but besides the D.Smith whiff, at least our QB is good enough to get the ball off quick and mobile enough to extend plays. As far as Winston is concerned, it wasnt a grand opening for him, but I really have no worries there. So long as he survives health wise, hes going to be a good QB and hes the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our fans.  ::)4065890.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am with the notion that you can’t pull the plug early and often…But, I don't see any inkling by L&L that they know how to dig out of this rut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOVIE & LICHT record including pre-season for the Bucs is 3-18. They have yet to win 1 home game in pre-season or regular season. I would be surprised if one of them doesn’t get fired if they don’t win a game at home this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOVIE & LICHT record including pre-season for the Bucs is 3-18. They have yet to win 1 home game in pre-season or regular season. I would be surprised if one of them doesn't get fired if they don't win a game at home this year.

soo.. pretty much your just telling us that we were 2-14 last year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOVIE & LICHT record including pre-season for the Bucs is 3-18. They have yet to win 1 home game in pre-season or regular season. I would be surprised if one of them doesn't get fired if they don't win a game at home this year.

I’m giving them a benefit and including practice games.  Just saying they have yet to win a home game in regular or pre-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks more like you are trying to exaggerate their already bad 2014 season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’ll be another huge mistake if they hire a new HC who is forced to go with Winston as his starting Qb.  That would eliminate some very qualified HC’s who won’t come here due to Winston.  Lovie should only be replaced when a new HC is allowed to have his own QB, whether through the draft or FA.  If that’s after this season fine, but if not wait till the end of next season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not winning 1 game at home is not a exaggeration.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would be surprised if one of them doesn't get fired if they don't win a game at home this year.

i will be surprised if we go winless at home this season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes we were awful last season. We didn't win a home game. We were the 32nd place team. But when you start using preseason win/loss totals to make a point, you are exaggerating.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes we were awful last season. We didn't win a home game. We were the 32nd place team. But when you start using preseason win/loss totals to make a point, you are exaggerating.

Kinda like charging full price for those practice games?

Please wait…

• wesleyc

There has to be some continuity. Give Lovie and the front office enough time to put their vision in place, if we go with someone else we’re just going to be right back where we started.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First and foremost, I am not one to keep hiring and firing coaches. That sets your franchise back at least two years. Lovie and Licht sold all of us last year that this team was ready to win now. 2-14 and one year later they are leading us to believe that this team can still be a winner. While it very well could be, it seems the probs that occured last year are still major issues. The OL is a disaster, no pass rush, and the secondary is lost. All we have heard about the defense is that we were top 10 in every category after the bye week last year, it takes at least a year to adjust to Lovie's scheme. Ok I'll give them time. As far as the OL, why haven't we called Evan Mathis? Why didn't we go after Mike Iupati in FA? The offense is only as good as the OL takes em. With Lovie and Licht still having Koenen on the roster, and still not calling Evan Mathis. I have to question Lovie's football knowledge and his ability to lead a team. He has absoluteley no clue about offense. He has NEVER had any sort of offense in his head coaching career. Perhaps I'm not real happy with Sat night's game, but I have no reason to beleive we will be any better than last year. Signed fed up and frustrated Bucs fan. Go Bucs

3DCZy.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm giving them a benefit and including practice games.  Just saying they have yet to win a home game in regular or pre-season.

How much do preseason games count?  How much more does a home win count than a road win?

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Problem is Oline and Dline but adding Cherilus gives us depth and experience

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There has been a upheaval of coaching since the ownership decided to fire Gruden – I wasn’t wowed by the Lovie/Licht hirings but at this point the franchise needs a bit of stability.  Just my .02

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It'll be another huge mistake if they hire a new HC who is forced to go with Winston as his starting Qb.  That would eliminate some very qualified HC's who won't come here due to Winston.  Lovie should only be replaced when a new HC is allowed to have his own QB, whether through the draft or FA.  If that's after this season fine, but if not wait till the end of next season.

Agree. Lovie and Winston are practically married. Schiano up until that meeting with the Glazers was forced to go with Freeman. A veteran coach probably would not have taken the HC job here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie’s record speaks for itself.  He makes the playoffs every year.  He has a very modern football vision.  He’s a winner.  We’re lucky to have him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…and 2-14 is stability…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm giving them a benefit and including practice games.  Just saying they have yet to win a home game in regular or pre-season.

How much do preseason games count?  How much more does a home win count than a road win?

I don’t care if they count or not.  They need to start learning how to WIN! When I pay to see them, it’s more important to see them win over watching this team lose ever f’ing time. I don’t know about you, but its been waaaay too long for me to enjoy yelling the TAMPA BAY chant leaving RAY JAY.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Negatives:Lovie wanted mccown as qb.Had no competition for qb.Sent revis packing for players that are gone already.20mil under cap(not spending).Signed jane to de.Signed another jane again this offseason.Stinked enough for the first overall.Didnt replace the 35 year old nobody oc.Kept warhop around after a horrid season.Wont get rid of guys like stocker and koenen.Everyone besides evans from last draft looks "eh."Wasted a third round pick on a backup/project rb.Never will change to anything new.Said over and over about speed, but didnt get any.Allowed for one of the worst olines in football.Positives:Defense did improve throughout.Verner has been alright.Re-signed david.Re-signed mccoy.Drafted a qb at one.Tanked for it.Drafted two linemen behind him in the draft order.Selecting evans.Filling spots with players that had experiance in lovies d.Kept caproom(?).Kept glennon around as a backup.Hired koetter.So there is some good, ..and some bad. Obviously we were not going to win the sb in one season, but that was a pretty large stinker of a season. One that shouldnt have happened the way it did. Not with an experianced playoff winning coach. I expected more.Still, even though he is an old dog with old tricks, i think it would be wise to give him the benifit of the doubt. At least for another season.Im not thrilled, and expected more in the first outting. Even though i know better, and it probably wont work out for us, i understand the nature of the situation cannot call for immediate lovie release. Now, AFTER this season, i think its a different story. If the offense looks great and the defense looks poor, they should phase lovie out for koetter to take the drivers seat. There is no point in having lovie around if he makes rookie mistakes and cannot field a ok defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kinda like charging full price for those practice games?

Can't understand why people bitch about this. If you don't like to pay full price for preseason games don't go. Sell your tickets. 90% of the time you'll get your money back. But maybe I'm just lucky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There has to be some continuity. Give Lovie and the front office enough time to put their vision in place, if we go with someone else we're just going to be right back where we started.

I know...for real. Keep calm people. It takes a little more time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care if they count or not.  They need to start learning how to WIN! When I pay to see them, it's more important to see them win over watching this team lose ever f'ing time. I don't know about you, but its been waaaay too long for me to enjoy yelling the TAMPA BAY chant leaving RAY JAY.

I made it more fun last season by mockingly letting out a deflated, "It's a Bucs life" repeatedly throughout the games.  It actually made me feel a little better.  That and the last third of the season I didn't really want them to win even though I wanted them to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Warhop is very close to being in the redzone (and I don’t mean that in a positive manner.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie's record speaks for itself.  He makes the playoffs every year.  He has a very modern football vision.  He's a winner.  We're lucky to have him.

Blue font missed?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie's record speaks for itself.    He has a very modern football vision.  He's a winner.  We're lucky to have him.

He does. His record say not2004  5-112007  7-92009 7-92011 8-8He is an excellent DC - period.He knows little about offense and his history supports it.2 years building an OL after decimating what we had. No new player has shown he is better than what we got riid of when he decimated it, shortly after he got here, nor is the OL staff.If Warhop, Cousins and Gilkey are examples of building we are in deeper trouble than I thought.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Yea lets fire him tomorrow. See if Gru is willing. He would defitnitly start Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remind me why we aren’t saying fire Lovie?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Remind me why we aren't saying fire Lovie?

I was looking for this thread just surprised it took so long to pop up. Was it 2 days after the game? You guys are slackers. Next game lets get it up and running a little sooner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good god.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good god.

Based on what we have seen thus far, he should be fired.He was actually worse than schiano and raheem. Honestly, that is kind of amazing. Still though, the world doesnt work that way and a fraction of hope is still there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on what we have seen thus far, he should be fired.

please, you dont fire a head coach after 1 season.  thats nonsense.  there better be some kind of mutiny or personal/criminal disgrace to fire a coach after one season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on what we have seen thus far, he should be fired.

please, you dont fire a head coach after 1 season.  thats nonsense.  there better be some kind of mutiny or personal/criminal disgrace to fire a coach after one season.

2-14, Josh McCown (twice), Collins, M Johnson, allowing a qb coach to be OC, his outdated system... you could almost say what Lovie did coming off the couch was criminal :)

Please wait…

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.