Viewing 8 reply threads

• Author

• yuccaneers

Participant

What Winston showed in his second career start, that stood out beyond his arm talent, anticipatory skills, throwing arc and ball placement was his ability to find ways to exploit poor pass rush principles and a pressure scheme that lacked rush lane integrity with his ornate pocket tolerance and movement skills, that many refer to as herky jerky at best.  Last Sunday all the core elements of why he was chosen number 1 overall were on full display. It will be more important for his growth as a QB that he continue to display these essential traits as a passer if he is to reach his true “potential” ceiling as an NFL QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hard to imagine the Texans will have “poor pass rush principles” and a “pass rush scheme that will lack lane integrity.”I believe the Texans will and should have a more disciplined approach to pressuring JW.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This should be a good test for Winston. He doesn’t have to beat Houston’s defense, he just has to beat Houston’s offense. We have enough on offense to score some points on the Houston defense. What we can’t do is turnover the ball to the Houston defense. Limit offensive penalties, don't turnover the ball and play for the short field. 17 points will probably win this game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, Winston definitely showed flashes of greatness last week. The anticipatory throws and his ability to read a defense are what makes me the most excited about him. I feel like we never had a QB who can do this and the fact that he is already showing signs as a rookie of doing that is just awesome.With that being said, I expect Winston to take a step back this week. This no problem as he is a rookie and we all should be expecting up and down performances from him (His first 2 games are perfect examples of each). I just don't like the matchup and think the Texans d-line is gonna be too much for our o-line to handle. Winston is gonna be under a lot of pressure and is probably going to make some rookie mistakes. Hopefully Koetter has a good gameplan in store that can get the ball out of Winston's hands quickly.If Winston has a good game or just doesn't even turnover the football, I would be VERY impressed. This Texans defense is no joke, especially for a rookie QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What Winston showed in his second career start, that stood out beyond his arm talent, anticipatory skills, throwing arc and ball placement was his ability to find ways to exploit poor pass rush principles and a pressure scheme that lacked rush lane integrity with his ornate pocket tolerance and movement skills, that many refer to as herky jerky at best.  Last Sunday all the core elements of why he was chosen number 1 overall were on full display. It will be more important for his growth as a QB that he continue to display these essential traits as a passer if he is to reach his true “potential” ceiling as an NFL QB.

Help me yucc.  Is that a typo?  innate? Really, just define picket tolerance for me plz.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston had a great game vs. NO but I expect that this week will be a struggle against the Texans defense. Winston really needs to put the game manager cap on again this week. As others have said, the Texans defense is legit. There will be lots of opportunity for our rookie QB to make huge mistakes. That being said, this game is winnable. If we can run the ball we will have a chance to win. If Winston doesnt make any game changing mistakes we can win. It's a rarity when our offense is better than the opponent but that is surely the case this week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we need to remember that Winston is a rookie and not many rookie QB’s have much success. When Winston gets a season or two under his belt I think he is going to be an amazing QB. He might even start showing his worth by seasons end.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey, yucc…nice seeing your posts.  I’m sure there are others, but one pass that I loved that Winston threw was his td pass to Vincent Jackson.  If you look, he throws that ball before Jackson is open and before he passed the safety.  He anticipated Jackson being open in the back on the endzone when from a laymen’s perspective it was not a super easy read.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

OL play and penalties are the keys to  a Wcombined sacks and penalties can't exceed 10

Please wait…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.