Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• Skull and Bones

Participant

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?485545-Buffalo-obtains-WR-Mike-Williams-from-Tampa-for-a-6th-round-pick

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will do nothing there until they get a QB. E.J. Manuel is a nobody.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t read the whole thread but they aren’t exactly doing cartwheels over it.  most say hes better than anything we would get in the 6th so they are good with it but still not sensing any great excitement over it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They seem reasonably happy.  I do like how several of them are excited about getting yet another Williams on their roster.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

He’s worth the risk for a sixth round pick. Not sure how he’ll do with Manuel as his QB, but he should slot in well with their existing guys like Johnson and Woods. Potentially a decent enough trio of receivers. Though I wonder if they’ll try to redo his contract?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’re already pretty talented at WR with Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods.  I’m not sure Williams could beat either of those two.  Not to mention speedster Marquise Goodwin, and they have a big guy who improved every season he was with the Giants in Ramses Barden.  I’m not sure where Mike Williams will fit in?

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

They're already pretty talented at WR with Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods.  I'm not sure Williams could beat either of those two.  Not to mention speedster Marquise Goodwin, and they have a big guy who improved every season he was with the Giants in Ramses Barden.  I'm not sure where Mike Williams will fit in?

I think he fits in because he'll be on the outside with either Johnson or Woods, and then Johnson or Woods plays in the slot. I suspect Goodwin will play a similar role to he did last season where he's used in KR and PR, and to come in to bring for impact, similar to how the Panthers used Ginn last season.Johnson, Williams, Woods, Goodwin gives their young QB weapons to work with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t most of us say the same thing last year when we traded our 6th to Chicago for Gabe Carimi? Most of us thought that for a 6th it was a good signing as most teams really don’t get a lot of impact players in the 6th round of the draft. I’m glad we got the 6th for a guy that it sounds like we were going to release, but from a football impact position, I’d rather have the game day Mike Williams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you trade the value is about the player AND contract. Revis clearly has trade value, Revis plus $16m per year doesn’t. MW has trade value as a player, value is hurt by the stupid factor plus the contract. He should do fine because Manuel is a bit like Freeman in that he isn't a precision guy so he needs a dude who he can toss it in the neighborhood to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Settle down Orange and Blue.  Like used neutrogena you are quite transparent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some may like it now but they won’t when they realize he’s slated for $6.8M next season.  Enjoy your 1 year rental.  We know all about those.  And thanks for the 6th rounder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same coach he quit on in college. Shocked he wanted this move to happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buffalo have a steal if he gets his shit straight. They are gambling though given his history and being near his hometown. The deal is perfect for the bills because they get a solid player for a cheap pick. If it works out they sit pretty, if it doesn’t they only lost a 6th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buffalo have a steal if he gets his **CENSORED** straight. They are gambling though given his history and being near his hometown. The deal is perfect for the bills because they get a solid player for a cheap pick. If it works out they sit pretty, if it doesn't they only lost a 6th.

Until the Bucs land the next Tom Brady with that 6th rounder. Quote this now. I am the messiah. I predicted this  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, you’ve never been right about anything else, so you are due.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is he better than a player you’ll draft in the 6th round? …probably …..but players in the 6th round don’t cost 8 million a year and act like complete idiots in the community . Enjoy Buffalo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, you've never been right about anything else, so you are due.

Welcome back Java. How those glass eyed lady boys treating you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Strange how that board has similar characters.I think majority is. Meh, good deal for 6thWake up Mike.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, you've never been right about anything else, so you are due.

Welcome back Java. How those glass eyed lady boys treating you?

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some may like it now but they won't when they realize he's slated for $6.8M next season.  Enjoy your 1 year rental.  We know all about those.  And thanks for the 6th rounder.

This is what caught my eye the most about the entire Bills thread. When you look at it this way and the fact MW has behavior issues, I think we got the better deal with a 6th Rd pick in a deep draft. The pick might turn out more like a late 4th or early 5th as far as talent goes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And thanks for the 6th rounder.

Mike Williams is a very very solid receiver in this league IF this trade acts as a wake up call for him.    The Bills likely got the better of this deal by a landslide.  But he needed a change of scenery.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they get the Mike Williams of a couple years ago then it’s hard to argue that we got the better end of the deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully for him his Momma will be around in his hometown to slap some sense into his coconut head. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully for him his Momma will be around in his hometown to slap some sense into his coconut head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKYjc78iR2Q

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't most of us say the same thing last year when we traded our 6th to Chicago for Gabe Carimi? Most of us thought that for a 6th it was a good signing as most teams really don't get a lot of impact players in the 6th round of the draft. I'm glad we got the 6th for a guy that it sounds like we were going to release, but from a football impact position, I'd rather have the game day Mike Williams.

Difference is Gabe Carimi is a proven talentless hack in the NFL, Williams is a proven talented headcase. I dont see the comparisonEJ Manuel > GlennonGlad Williams is gone. Not glad theres no replacement on the roster. Dont like the idea of being forced to draft WR in the first 3 rds, although thats probably been the case for awhile anyways

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be fair, Wiliams was pretty good with Freeman as his QB.  So he could put up decent numbers with Manuel.  That being said, I am still glad we got rid of him. Any player who skips meetings and ignores rehab doesn't belong.  I think Lovie is taking the approach that players can prepare to be part of a culture change or get run over by it.  That is the way it has to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon > Manuel

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“in case you are wondering what Bill fans think about this”The Bills have fans?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Settle down Orange and Blue.  Like used neutrogena you are quite transparent.

It doesnt take a Gator fan to know Manual is a nobody. Im as big a Nole fan as they come and I nearly choked when Buf drafted that bum where they did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As far as the trade goes, Its no secret the talent of MWill is far and away worth more than a 6th.Hell, it was worth more than the 3rd we spent on him.The question is, is he worth the trouble?Hell, is he gonne be in the NFL for long? At the rate he's been going, I dont think we can count out prison or permanent injury.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As far as the trade goes, Its no secret the talent of MWill is far and away worth more than a 6th.Hell, it was worth more than the 3rd we spent on him.The question is, is he worth the trouble?Hell, is he gonne be in the NFL for long? At the rate he's been going, I dont think we can count out prison or permanent injury.

We spent a 4th :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKYjc78iR2Q

You can tell he is the party type. He has a little growing up to do. So sad he was not able to make it work here.

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.