Viewing 53 reply threads

• Author

• youngone

Participant

Arrested again.DUI, hit and run, and vandalism.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/07/aldon-smith-arrested-for-dui-hit-and-run-and-vandalism/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yikes…..he’ll be working out with Josh Gordon for the next 12 months

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn’t he on probation or am I imagining that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw that earlierhes got to be the dumbest player in the league and thats saying somethingyou cant fix stupid

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is it too early for me to start campaigning on his behalf?  Right end people.  Right end.  When he comes off that league suspension in 2017 and goes right into the rotation of our then contending franchise you will thank me.  Just cause he can't turn the corner in his ride when tipsy doesn't mean he can't turn it on left tackles anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally, I’d be much more open to giving him a second chance with a new start than a guy like Hardy or Galette. I doubt the Bucs will and even if they did, I doubt he plays for anyone until 2017.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hes got to be the dumbest player in the league and thats saying something

right up there with JPP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally, I'd be much more open to giving him a second chance with a new start than a guy like Hardy or Galette. I doubt the Bucs will and even if they did, I doubt he plays for anyone until 2017.

Second chance?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally, I'd be much more open to giving him a second chance with a new start than a guy like Hardy or Galette. I doubt the Bucs will and even if they did, I doubt he plays for anyone until 2017.

Second chance?

Well, second team, new start, whatever. I understand that he has had second chances and blown them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Second chance?

Second chance, fifth chance...............whatever

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. That guy might be done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

right up there with JPP

What did jpp do? I forget, or ive been living in a cave or something.  :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

right up there with JPP

What did jpp do? I forget, or ive been living in a cave or something.  :P

Bought a van full of fireworks, blew off his finger before he signed the 60 million dollar contract he had on the table or the 14 million franchise tag offer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what JPP did was stupid but not even close to Smith’s level. JPP made a judgement lapse and had an accidentSmith has repeatedly broken the law and obviously has a substance problem as this is potentially his 3rd DUI. not to mention his fake bomb threat, possessing illegal weapons and discharging them at a party

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jim Trotter ?@JimTrotter_NFL  2m2 minutes agoFILED TO ESPN: 49ers to release Aldon Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

9ers cut him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

cut

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Christ.  What a waste of talent and opportunity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what JPP did was stupid but not even close to Smith's level. JPP made a judgement lapse and had an accident

buying a van full of explosives isn't an accident. Both are stupid....both will pay the price for poor decisions.Someone just tweeted that Smith shouldn't be condemned for having a sickness. I'm not buying that. Dude is mentally weak and deserves what he's about to get.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I could buy that he’s ill and shouldn’t be condemned for it.  But he sure the hell shouldn’t be rewarded for it either.  Dude gets help and turns his life around, awesome.  He isn’t owed anything by the public though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone just tweeted that Smith shouldn't be condemned for having a sickness.

you need to put that tweeeter on ignore!  America is just too soft.  if he was sick hed be bent over the toilet not out behind the wheel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Putting people’s lives in danger and he should be coddled for it.

Please wait…

• farzillo

Participant

/smh You make millions of dollars… pay for a damn taxi.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what JPP did was stupid but not even close to Smith's level. JPP made a judgement lapse and had an accident

buying a van full of explosives isn't an accident. Both are stupid....both will pay the price for poor decisions.Someone just tweeted that Smith shouldn't be condemned for having a sickness. I'm not buying that. Dude is mentally weak and deserves what he's about to get.

buying a van of fireworks isnt that stupid. millions of people shoot off fireworks every year. theres an inherent risk to it that he should probably avoid but i wont crucify him for doing something that tons of people do every year. he should probably avoid it but its not anyhing like what Smith doeslosing fingers is an accident. now i dont know what he was doing since i wasnt there but if he was lighting an unmodified firework and it went off them its not really his fault. if he was just holding it too long then he needs to be blamed. i wasnt there so i cant make that determinationSmith should be blamed for being an idiot. his "sickness" is totally avoidable. if you want to drink thats fine, but get a goddamn taxi, an Uber or call the freaking number the NFL provides players to avoid situations like this. hell, hire a guy and pay him 100 bucks to drive you home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

/smh You make millions of dollars... pay for a damn taxi.

you don't even have to do that.....the league provides a drive service!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

right up there with JPP

Get out of here. If stupid applied to the diamond, JPP is standing on first and Aldon is swerving into home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apparently Smith was parking his vehicle and hit another, left and came back to talk to the cops. Cops suspected he was under influence, performed a field sobriety then arrested him. The vandalism charge came from when he opened his car door and hit the other car.Source

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apparently Smith was parking his vehicle and hit another, left and came back to talk to the cops. Cops suspected he was under influence, performed a field sobriety then arrested him. The vandalism charge came from when he opened his car door and hit the other car.Source

so he hit a car, left the scene, and then came back and hit another car?another question would be why did he leave if he was parking?sure hope that source link doesnt have all my answers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so he hit a car, left the scene, and then came back and hit another car?another question would be why did he leave if he was parking?sure hope that source link doesnt have all my answers.

The answer to all your questions is alcohol (and/or drugs).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have found it to be the answer to all of my questions as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have found it to be the answer to all of my questions as well.

I've been on vacation the last few weeks. I'm pretty sure alcohol has helped me catch more fish and lobster than in previous years...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whatever the story is, I hope the guy finds help to get those demons out of his head.  Just threw away a life dream for a couple of drinks….Can call it idiotic if you want, because it is.  But it’s also incredibly unfortunate to see someone waste their life like that.  Doesn’t matter who it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no source for this, but the scuttlebutt is, his girl just dumped him. She is some San Fran TV hottie.  Then she started dating Kaepernik and that really ticked off Smitty.He saw Kaepernik out on the town in his new Mercedes, and decided to slam the (censored) out of it with his Land Rover. Getting suspended is the least of his problems. He is facing jail time. Edit    This is the babe they are supposedly fighting over.20196222790_e1f0ab1ecb_o.jpg84723188 by anti java, on FlickrLOS ANGELES, CA – APRIL 12: NFL player Aldon Smith (L) and TV personality Nessa attend the 2015 MTV Movie Awards at the Nokia

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Real question here is would you sign him……I'd green light it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Real question here is would you sign him......I'd green light it

Why? Its very unlikely he plays one snap in the 2015 season. This is his 5th arrest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign him up. If he doesn’t play then no cap hit.Get it Bucs. Hire a driver for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Real question here is would you sign him......I'd green light it

Why? Its very unlikely he plays one snap in the 2015 season. This is his 5th arrest.

Sounds like a bargain.  Buy low I say.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From what I hear hes not a bad guy, guy was out of the news for a good portion til Kaep did a mista steal yo girlKid just seems distraught over a girl and kept clean for majority of last season, thinks he needs a change of scenarioHe only gets a fifth chance because he posted 33.5 sacks in 2 years, and we need a stud at endEdit* Wanted to add, Adding a player like Galette, or Hardy on the roster, made the team feel dirty but Aldon just seems young, dumb, immature, needs guidance

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Newest story about what happened: (From local PD)http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/49er-Aldon-Smith-Booked-at-Santa-Clara-County-Jail-Bail-Set-at-26000-321037771.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrandSmith hit a neighbors (?) car, they had some words and Smith left (on foot). He later came back while cops was there. I see what he means about the DUI. The PD said Smith looked drunk and arrested him an hour and half after he left the scene. During which his car was left at the scene. Not sure how the DUI is going to stand when he was walking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From what I hear hes not a bad guy, guy was out of the news for a good portion til Kaep did a mista steal yo girlKid just seems distraught over a girl and kept clean for majority of last season, thinks he needs a change of scenarioHe only gets a fifth chance because he posted 33.5 sacks in 2 years, and we need a stud at endEdit* Wanted to add, Adding a player like Galette, or Hardy on the roster, made the team feel dirty but Aldon just seems young, dumb, immature, needs guidance

No offense Sir, but someone who is "not a bad guy" doesn't get arrested 5 times.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s an incredible pass rusher. We don’t have one of those.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's an incredible pass rusher. We don't have one of those.

He may not be so incredible, after sitting out a year or more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, how quickly the 49ers have disintegrated...  The hottest head coach, franchise(ish) QB, killer defense and swagger- they seemed to be on their way to a run of dominance.  Now they are a train wreck...And Aldon Smith- what a waste of such potential. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, how quickly the 49ers have disintegrated...  The hottest head coach, franchise(ish) QB, killer defense and swagger- they seemed to be on their way to a run of dominance.  Now they are a train wreck...And Aldon Smith- what a waste of such potential.

I read today that they've lost 13 starters this offseason. That's crazy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I read today that they've lost 13 starters this offseason. That's crazy.

that's insane, I had no idea the number was that high.I swear, this whole collapse began with all those videos of their fans fighting and making asses of themselves in other stadiums- not to mention the one of the fight in the men's room where the guy gets pummeled.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone just tweeted that Smith shouldn't be condemned for having a sickness.

you need to put that tweeeter on ignore!  America is just too soft.  if he was sick hed be bent over the toilet not out behind the wheel.

Although I doubt Smith's troubles can be tied back to a mental illness or sickness, making a blanket statement of "America is just too soft" in response to something regarding mental issues, only makes such situations worse. Mental health is certainly an issue and simply brushing things off with the attitude of "man up" or "get tough" is anything but productive and a lot of mental treatment is ignored because of this sentiment. Do we have issues where people need to grow up and not be so knee jerk about things that aren't PC, or a tendency to coddle? Absolutely, but there are plenty of mental health issues that do not cross into those lanes of "softness".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

interesting info.  ive always thought he played off justin smith, but thats a little harsh, the guy is still real good.  weve got jack smith to get the real lowdown.  aldon does seem like a chris carter than a rae carruth.  if i were LiLo, id be looking into this one real intently.feel bad for tomsula, hes got a pretty good story.  stinks that this is what hes gonna be remembered for.  and kaep?  that guy needs to be hanging with galette.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Although I doubt Smith's troubles can be tied back to a mental illness or sickness, making a blanket statement of "America is just too soft" in response to something regarding mental issues, only makes such situations worse. Mental health is certainly an issue and simply brushing things off with the attitude of "man up" or "get tough" is anything but productive and a lot of mental treatment is ignored because of this sentiment. Do we have issues where people need to grow up and not be so knee jerk about things that aren't PC, or a tendency to coddle? Absolutely, but there are plenty of mental health issues that do not cross into those lanes of "softness".

probably better discussion for the Cove. 

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I wouldn’t mind signing him but doesn’t seem like a Lovie guy. I don’t recall Lovie signing any jailbirds in Chicago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the more i think about it, hes a guy i hope the team reaches out to.  (assuming jack smith gives the thumbs up).  tomsula is going out of  his way for the guy.  much of the stuff (while still unwise) is worth the shot at a young solid passrusher.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won’t be busting caps (or Kap) in a Bucs uniform. He is a loon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won't be busting caps (or Kap) in a Bucs uniform. He is a loon.

Agree.  And a bit radioactive at the moment.

Please wait…

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.