Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• PewterReportED

Keymaster

What cornerback recorded two interceptions on Tuesday? Which Tampa Bay receiver is flying under the radar?  Which players sat out of practice with injuries? Get all of the answers here. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9850:&Itemid=15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never really thought of Demps as a deep route guy.  Is he catching anything?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as Cousins is on the bench I am happy about the guard situation lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Gorrer is ready to break out.From the times i seen him play he's looked solid

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is not going to win the starting job. What nutcase said that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like the Cannon was packed with powder yesterday. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon you have some learning to do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Gorrer is ready to break out.From the times i seen him play he's looked solid

Ronde loved this guy in pre-season last year before he got hurt.  I think it was the Dolphins game, he was raving about his potential.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is not going to win the starting job. What nutcase said that?

Glennon is our starting QB in September. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lbbass is usually right , but as hot as McCown is it’s hard to see Glennon winning the job unless McCown gets hurt. McCown is simply on fire. The guy doesn't even let the ball hit the ground in practice. I'm starting to feel better and better about McCown being another one of these Warner/Gannon type late bloomers .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lbbass is usually right , but as hot as McCown is it's hard to see Glennon winning the job unless McCown gets hurt. McCown is simply on fire. The guy doesn't even let the ball hit the ground in practice. I'm starting to feel better and better about McCown being another one of these Warner/Gannon type late bloomers .

Same here...lets hope our guards hold their own and keep his jersey clean.  Not nearly as worried about the edges as I am the interior.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10lbbass is usually right , but as hot as McCown is it's hard to see Glennon winning the job unless McCown gets hurt. McCown is simply on fire. The guy doesn't even let the ball hit the ground in practice. I'm starting to feel better and better about McCown being another one of these Warner/Gannon type late bloomers .

I am not sure what you are talking about, Glennon is clearly the starter!!(Kidding aside, if Glennon can beat out McCown when he appears to be playing so well then we are in great shape at QB. Who cares though which one wins, we just want a good QB)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pat Kirwan has McCown on the hot seat.  Gives him 10 games…http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/24584135/eight-nfl-qbs-look-to-be-on-hot-seat-how-long-before-a-changeI'm not sure that isn't the plan anyway...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My thinking is along these lines I just think that L&L are possibly accelerating this process.  As a coaching staff you are asking yourself is there a benefit to not starting Glennon.  It’s not a McCown is the better QB, we can win now in a more significant fashion with McCown scenario.  It’s a, if Glennon starts are we really putting ourselves in a worse situation and if not, then he should be the starter to get him the experience now for the future.  My guess is it’s going to be a tough question to answer but all things being equal, Glennon gets the nod.  No starter is named in June,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccown is the starter barring injury. We’re not playing for next year or the year after. Lovie and licht are gunning for this year. If mccown is the better player, which he clearly has been then he’s the starter. And if mccown plays as good as I think he will glennon won't be playing until his rookie contract is up. If we decide to keep him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccown is the starter barring injury. We're not playing for next year or the year after. Lovie and licht are gunning for this year. If mccown is the better player, which he clearly has been then he's the starter. And if mccown plays as good as I think he will glennon won't be playing until his rookie contract is up. If we decide to keep him.

McCown has been better in practice in June.  In the NFL every team is gunning for it every year.  The pre-season will tell us what we need to know about this competition. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let it go son, let it go. McCown is most definitely going to be our day one starter. Glennon will get his shot down the road eventually but not now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let it go son, let it go. McCown is most definitely going to be our day one starter. Glennon will get his shot down the road eventually but not now.

So you honestly believe that no matter what happens in the pre-season, that McCown is the starter?  Ok. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you honestly believe that no matter what happens in the pre-season, that McCown is the starter?  Ok.

Barring injury, I honestly believe that it would have to take some spectacularly terrible play by McCown for him to lose his starter spot in the preseason.  This is less about my not having faith in Glennon and more about my having a generally cynical attitude towards how open competition for starting spots *actually* tends to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t let ’em bully you…http://www.foxsports910.com/media/podcast-the-drive-featured-interviews-interviews/610-jason-licht-24883932/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown is going to take starters reps... not play much... he'll be expected to put together a decent drive or two and hold his helmet for the rest of the game. Glennon's preseason play will all be about getting him reps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccown is the starter barring injury. We're not playing for next year or the year after. Lovie and licht are gunning for this year. If mccown is the better player, which he clearly has been then he's the starter. And if mccown plays as good as I think he will glennon won't be playing until his rookie contract is up. If we decide to keep him.

McCown has been better in practice in June.  In the NFL every team is gunning for it every year.  The pre-season will tell us what we need to know about this competition.

Your right glennon will probably be the starter.... In the 4th preseason game. Dude isn't going to start I'm telling you. "Mah sources" have said glrnnon has been on fire in practices.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your right glennon will probably be the starter.... In the 4th preseason game. Dude isn't going to start I'm telling you. "Mah sources" have said glrnnon has been on fire in practices.

19 TDs is more than McCown has thrown for in any season he's ever played in.  Glennon did it his first season. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody know the name of the coach that got Rich Gannon’s “light to come on”? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It starts with a T?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon isn’t ready.  Why rush it when a healthy McCown is the best answer for this season.  (not a question.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon isn't ready.  Why rush it when a healthy McCown is the best answer for this season.  (not a question.)

You have no idea if he's ready or not. You have no idea if McCown is either. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True. and neither do you.I'm going off player reports as to who is their leader on and off the field.  That's not an opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DG is nothing but a practice hero. When it comes to actual gametime though, he’s a flunky. He still has some making up to do for that eagles game. But hey, at least he's not myron lewis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DG is nothing but a practice hero. When it comes to actual gametime though, he's a flunky. He still has some making up to do for that eagles game. But hey, at least he's not myron lewis.

Woah, woah, woah.  Are you talking about the other content in the article?  This is the Red Board, where all threads are Glennon threads.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lolz

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.