Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• PewterReportED

Keymaster

How did the quarterbacks look on Tuesday? Which receiver caught the eye of head coach Lovie Smith? What defensive lineman struggled? Get all the answers here. https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9831

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Herron balling out as usual . No surprises here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Geez, Bowers can’t even get a simple drill down. At this rate, he’ll be gone before TC starts.     Have our QBs ever looked this sharp before? TC and pre-season are gonna be really interesting!        Too early to get real excited over Owusu, as he was the same last season too. Great in OTA's, but mostly faded during real games. HOPEFULLY he'll break thru this year.       Herron is so far sounding like a major steal. Let's hope he can get it done in games...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I knew we should have picked a cb in the 2nd or 3rd rnd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

More and more encouraged about McCown and Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same ol Bowers smfh we need to give someone else a chance

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers may lose his spot to two undrafted players and Steve means. Can’t hurt to keep him through camp. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warming up to Herron in the slotMcCown is a baller

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To answer a previous question – no, in my four years the QBs have never looked this sharp. I talked to a player off the record briefly and he pointed to McCown and told me the lack of leadership on offense the last few years is even more evident after seeing the leadership McCown has brought. Told me he took command the day he showed up. I have no idea how that will translate once September gets here, but the players on and off the record are behind McCown and appreciate his maturity. No knock on Freeman he said, told me he didn’t ever have anyone to teach him and Glennon will benefit immensely from McCown.Herron has also been extremely impressive to me so far. He has had a few drops but really makes amazing catches at times. He had great body control but also quickness and a burst lacking from previous receivers. Owusu looked good last TC but he looks even better this year. More confident and sure of himself. I credit Tedford with a lot of the improvement. Uptempo, quick hitters, and quite a bit of imagination. One last thing, the QBs are getting the ball in the hands of receivers and running backs in stride.Also Tim Wright made an amazing one handed grab today, grabbing the nose of the ball and pulling it in.I added the D-line part of the report. Bowers is frustrating somewhat. I think he sticks, based on potential, but at the same time it wouldn't shock me to see him released before the regular season. Cullen is doing what he can, coaching him up, but I believe it depends on Bowers himself. I will say he gave good effort for the most part but still too many mistakes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Awesome stuff, Mark.When you get a chance, can we get a little more on that Cumming kid? Sounds like he's making his case to be McCoy's backup.  It's early still but it's encouraging stuff from an UDFA guy who was apparently hand picked by Cullen..

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Damn Bowers can really never show us any promise. Good to hear about Glennon and McCown though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks, Mark. I’ve been to a fair number of Bucs practices open to the public over the years, and have never seen the level of consistancy we seem to be getting now. It’s still early, but darned encouraging!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I hat to admit it Bowers may get cut.  He is too busy hosting events at Bike Week at Myrtle Beach as oppose to working on his game. He should have been in Tampa working on his game as oppose to Myrtle Beach this past weekend. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Awesome stuff, Mark.When you get a chance, can we get a little more on that Cumming kid? Sounds like he's making his case to be McCoy's backup.  It's early still but it's encouraging stuff from an UDFA guy who was apparently hand picked by Cullen..

Cummings was really impressive to me today. He makes some mistakes but gives good effort and is violent. Cullen took him aside a couple times just to coach him up, but he looks promising for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks, Mark. I've been to a fair number of Bucs practices open to the public over the years, and have never seen the level of consistancy we seem to be getting now. It's still early, but darned encouraging!!

SR, Eric and myself have been in awe sometimes this offseason. Again I am not slamming Freeman, but we haven't seen a QB offseason performance or overall offense for that matter that looks as encouraging as this one. If they keep it up, fans will be blown away by the difference in this offense when practices are opened up over the last few ones you have seen in training camp. Dang I probably just jinxed them now lol. Everything is crisp and fast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still am hoping for Bowers to turn it around. I feel comfortable in saying if anyone can help him it is Cullen. I like Da’Quan a lot personally, but have been disappointed so far. But as a member of the previous regime said to me last year, some guys look better on Sunday than they do during the week. Problem is Schiano didn’t care. If you were bad during the week you didn’t play on Sunday. Still perplexed DTN started as many games as he did the last two years. But he earned it during the week, and I would imagine Lovie and his staff are going to be the same way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for all the info MC. Cant wait to see our Speed in Space meets Basketball on Grass Offense. Still tho, trying hard to temper expectations.Since we have you :), whats your opinion on our young crop of guards? Any of them stand out? About ready to throw in the towel on Nicks. Also I was surprised Meredith wasnt at RG with the 1s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for all the info MC. Cant wait to see our Speed in Space meets Basketball on Grass Offense. Still tho, trying hard to temper expectations.Since we have you :), whats your opinion on our young crop of guards? Any of them stand out? About ready to throw in the towel on Nicks. Also I was surprised Meredith wasnt at RG with the 1s.

I am not putting any stock in any offensive linemen yet since they aren't hitting or trying to block anyone. I will say this, they better get good in a hurry because McCoy will eat them up in camp. McDonald too. I'm not too high on Cousins but Warhop must have like something about him from his days coaching him in Cleveland. And yes I wouldn't count on Nicks at all. I would just look at it as a bonus if he somehow ends up returning this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am not putting any stock in any offensive linemen yet since they aren't hitting or trying to block anyone. I will say this, they better get good in a hurry because McCoy will eat them up in camp. McDonald too. I'm not too high on Cousins but Warhop must have like something about him from his days coaching him in Cleveland. And yes I wouldn't count on Nicks at all. I would just look at it as a bonus if he somehow ends up returning this year.

I figured it'd be tough to tell before TC, which btw cant start soon enough. And gotta say lovin the PR extended hours :DThx again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great stuff Mark Cook. Great stuff!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. But as a member of the previous regime said to me last year, some guys look better on Sunday than they do during the week. Problem is Schiano didn’t care. If you were bad during the week you didn’t play on Sunday. Still perplexed DTN started as many games as he did the last two years. But he earned it during the week, and I would imagine Lovie and his staff are going to be the same way.

unfortunately, bowers didn’t look good on sundays either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t knock a coach for benching a guy who doesn’t practice well during the week. If it’s a vet who coaches really know, that’s fine, but young guys need to EARN a coach’s trust during the weekly practices.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

He looks worse on Sundays , lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for the insider info, MC!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I figured it'd be tough to tell before TC, which btw cant start soon enough. And gotta say lovin the PR extended hours :DThx again.

No problem!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“… the QBs are getting the ball in the hands of receivers and running backs in stride…”Never seen before... 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

VERY VERY hard to temper enthusiam for this fan when reading this material… When does TC start again???

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.