Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Buc45

Participant

This comes from CNNSI:After acing free agency like no other team, the Bucs started out hard in the draft, bagging Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans and Washington tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins with their first two picks. Adding them to Vincent Jackson will give Tampa Bay’s quarterback — whoever he may be — all kinds of tall targets. Running back Charles Sims is a player with interesting potential who might find himself in a rotation with Doug Martin, and a lot of people think that Tennessee State guard Kadeem Edwards is one of the more underrated blockers in this class. Purdue OT Kevin Pamphile, taken in the fifth round, is a personal favorite based on his tape. He doesn’t have a lot of experience, but could be great with the right coaching.Grade: B-plus

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes they are developmental guys with potenial to be good players. Problem is potential is a dangerous word in the nfl. The good thing is we took them in the 5th round. You can take more boom bust players in that round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If expectations are held in check, I think we’ll see them all do well over time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be happy if we get an average starter from one of the two

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warhop is the OLine coach and he is good. I expect a lot from the line this year. Marked improvement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looking foward to seeing them grow under Warhop’s watchful eye. Licht did say in a PC his intel was indicating Pamphile was close to being taken, prompting him to use next year's Zuttah-acquired 5th to get back into the 5th round and nab him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes they are developmental guys with potenial to be good players. Problem is potential is a dangerous word in the nfl. The good thing is we took them in the 5th round. You can take more boom bust players in that round.

+1 Most don’t pan out. So if any do anything, I’d be pleasantly surprised.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both of these guys remind me a lot of Jordan Mills, who was a steal for the Bears last year in the 5th. He seemed to be a bit more developed of a player though. Bucs have enough talent on the line that if they had to hide these guys lack of technique for a few games this year they probably could.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Edwards looks like a beast, he just needs to develop his game at the pro level. I don’t expect much from Pamphile though. But I hope we pick up some veteran fill-in this summer who can step in a be serviceable at G for a year or so until we find or develop a guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both of them are intriguing players with potential. We need a starter or two though. I sure as hell hope it works out because having two guys on the bench with potential while the QB is getting killed isnt going to help.We just have to hope that Nicks plays and one of these guys steps up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know nothing of either.I will come Sunday though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone is discounting Jamon Meridith at RG. Played well in Joseph’s absence, no reason why he can’t repeat that performance. If, and it’s a big if, Nick’ can play the whole season a 80% and the young draftees can get into the rotation as a transition year, it could be all good. Warhop will be earning his money. On paper we look thin but the Bucs brass doesn’t seem worried. I do expect a FA signing soon though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pamphile seemed sluggish off the line to me. I don’t think he’ll be able to handle a swing tackle role in the NFL, he’ll either go inside or play exclusively right tackle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everyone is discounting Jamon Meridith at RG. Played well in Joseph's absence, no reason why he can't repeat that performance. If, and it's a big if, Nick' can play the whole season a 80% and the young draftees can get into the rotation as a transition year, it could be all good. Warhop will be earning his money. On paper we look thin but the Bucs brass doesn't seem worried. I do expect a FA signing soon though.

Assuming Nicks plays, which is dangerous, I have no issues with Meredith at RG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

dal, Nicks is certainly the XFactor.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.