Viewing 83 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

2014 NFL Draft: Fresno State QB Derek Carr will not attend event in New York CityBy Jack Jorgensen - Apr 21st, 2014 at 9:47 pm derek-carr-nfl-combine_zps0589ac4e.jpgFeb 21, 2014; Indianapolis, IN Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr speaks to the media in a press conference during the 2014 NFL Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium. Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsFormer Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr has been one of the more talked about prospects in the NFL Draft coming up in a few weeks. With every workout and visited that he’s had since the process started, he’s been raved about rather highly, and there is even a chance that he could be chosen in the first round come May 8th. However, should that happen, he will learn about it while at home in California rather than in a green room in New York City as he has chosen not to attend the event. carr_zps9d76682f.gifcarr1_zps73b25f58.gifCarr becomes the second quarterback from this past week to decline an invitation to New York, following in the footsteps of Pittsburgh QB Tom Savage, who has also been steadily rising up the draft boards in recent weeks. The decision by Carr not to attend comes as a bit more of a shock than Savage not attending, however knowing what a tremendous family man Carr is, it’s not that shocking at all actually.http://fansided.com/2014/04/21/2014-nfl-draft-fresno-state-qb-derek-carr-will-attend-event-new-york-city/#!FjR58

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t say that I blame him, honestly. I can still picture Brady Quinn sitting there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone mentioned he had “the flu” on his pro day.  Alluded to the situation as one that reeked of him being hyper anxious, nervous.And now he is staying in Bakersfield, to be with his family?  He cannot fly them to NYC on the biggest day of his professional career?  One that will make him a millionaire to provide for his posterity?Ohyeah.  Who cares.But I still don't want the guy.  Again, I would understand, but I want no part of him.  But his upside is very promising.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This guy is becoming the anti-QB.  He gets the yips on his pro-day and doesn’t show up to NYC for the draft.  This guy has “I shit my pants”  written all over him. I dont care what religion he is.  No thanks. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smart decision. You don’t want to be that guy…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Thomas didn’t attend the draft and there was no question of him falling. Some people would just rather do that low key. Maybe he is scared, I don’t know, but I wouldn’t automatically jump to that conclusion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Thomas didn't attend the draft and there was no question of him falling. Some people would just rather do that low key. Maybe he is scared, I don't know, but I wouldn't automatically jump to that conclusion.

He's showing a pattern of not liking the attention being a QB in the NFL gets you.  Crappy way to start your pro career.  Panic attack, no show at the draft.  He's got a brief future in this league IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Thomas told the NFL he had plans – and he did go fishing with his dad. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t care what he does during the draft as long as it’s not shaking roger go-to-hells hands before round 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't care what he does during the draft as long as it's not shaking roger go-to-hells hands before round 3.

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again, he has a good agent.  I’m seeing some mocks of him in the first round.  He couldn’t project worse into the league if his first name was David. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every QB not named bortles will slide.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Thomas didn't attend the draft and there was no question of him falling. Some people would just rather do that low key. Maybe he is scared, I don't know, but I wouldn't automatically jump to that conclusion.

He's showing a pattern of not liking the attention being a QB in the NFL gets you.  Crappy way to start your pro career.  Panic attack, no show at the draft.  He's got a brief future in this league IMO.

Is this real, or just trolling? I'm not a huge fan of Carr's (more on the fence than anything), but regardless of what happened - flu, panic attack, etc., he performed just fine:"I'm told Carr shined, completing 56 of 63 passes in a scripted workout that "demonstrated everything you hope to see," according to a veteran scout attending the throwing session.According to the scout, Carr "didn't have a bad throw." His only incompletions were deep balls and a few drops."“Obviously, he was very impressive today,” Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner said, via the AP.  “He came out and showed he has a strong arm, very accurate, he made all the throws.  He had a heck of a workout.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Personally think he’s going to be a Matthew Stafford type.  He’s got the best arm in this draft and is right there with TB as far as pro ready. I guess some people just want the guy with the “it factor”, whatever the hell that is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this real, or just trolling? I'm not a huge fan of Carr's (more on the fence than anything), but regardless of what happened - flu, panic attack, etc., he performed just fine:"I'm told Carr shined, completing 56 of 63 passes in a scripted workout that "demonstrated everything you hope to see," according to a veteran scout attending the throwing session.According to the scout, Carr "didn't have a bad throw." His only incompletions were deep balls and a few drops."“Obviously, he was very impressive today,” Vikings offensive coordinator Norv Turner said, via the AP.  “He came out and showed he has a strong arm, very accurate, he made all the throws.  He had a heck of a workout.”

There is a reason that few are really fawning over these QBs.  It's a bad class. From Manziel being too slight, Bridegwater being less that stellar at his pro-day and avoiding the combine, Borltes playing at UCF and having just one year, Carr playing at Fresno where he was a huge fan of the screen pass.  What happens with classes like this is people start making **CENSORED** up in their heads that they think they see.  None of these guys grade out very high so wasting our time as a franchise on any of them makes my blood boil.  i'm not trolling, Derek Carr has too much to overcome to be ready right away.  He's a third to fourth round pick if you are grading players correctly based on talent not want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well if you don’t like his play, then say that. Ripping him for what you deem "a panic attack" and this non-story of not wanting to go to New York on draft day is just silly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These are the things GMs have to keep an eye on.  I didn’t deem it anything I just read that was probably the case. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

GMs have to keep an eye on where the players are watching the draft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have to keep an eye on his overall approach to everything.  Fresno is not the ideal school to play at if you want to go to the NFL for example. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What was the panic attack ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What was the panic attack ??

The panic attack was the "flu" he had the night before the pro day. You remember the pro day, where he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and all the coaches and scouts called it the worst pro day ever? So panicked he couldn't handle a snap. Oh wait.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They have to keep an eye on his overall approach to everything.  Fresno is not the ideal school to play at if you want to go to the NFL for example.

Why not?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are comparing not going to NY for the draft with the school he played for? Wow. I'm starting to understand why you compared Bridgewater to Kellen Moore in another thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are comparing not going to NY for the draft with the school he played for? Wow. I'm starting to understand why you compared Bridgewater to Kellen Moore in another thread.

We can go back and re-visit this in four years.  If you think there are no red flags regarding this QB class then that's your prerogative (que Bobby Brown) to keep your head in the sand.  But I happen to think its a below average class that has been elevated by the need for us to talk about QBs as fans and in the media.  We simply want to see something that isn't there.  I wasn't comparing the two actions I was simply stating that all of his decisions need to be evaluated and those are two of them, love them or not. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can go back and re-visit this in four years.  If you think there are no red flags regarding this QB class then that's your prerogative (que Bobby Brown) to keep your head in the sand.  But I happen to think its a below average class that has been elevated by the need for us to talk about QBs as fans and in the media.  We simply want to see something that isn't there.  I wasn't comparing the two actions I was simply stating that all of his decisions need to be evaluated and those are two of them, love them or not.

I think there are plenty of red-flags for this QB class, and even for some of the QBs I like. But it's not because of the phantom reasons you seem to want to throw out there in every thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would want to be home with my family and friends. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can go back and re-visit this in four years.  If you think there are no red flags regarding this QB class then that's your prerogative (que Bobby Brown) to keep your head in the sand.  But I happen to think its a below average class that has been elevated by the need for us to talk about QBs as fans and in the media.  We simply want to see something that isn't there.  

the irony of the part in bold made me laugh . . .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every QB not named bortles will slide.

Even Bortles is being mentioned as sliding to Minny at #8.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can go back and re-visit this in four years.  If you think there are no red flags regarding this QB class then that's your prerogative (que Bobby Brown) to keep your head in the sand.  But I happen to think its a below average class that has been elevated by the need for us to talk about QBs as fans and in the media.  We simply want to see something that isn't there.   the irony of the part in bold made me laugh . . .Ok Vin explain.  I'm not a Glennonite so much as I dont like this QB class to find a better option.  There are many holes on this boat dont focus on one that hasn't burst yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can go back and re-visit this in four years.  If you think there are no red flags regarding this QB class then that's your prerogative (que Bobby Brown) to keep your head in the sand.  But I happen to think its a below average class that has been elevated by the need for us to talk about QBs as fans and in the media.  We simply want to see something that isn't there.  

the irony of the part in bold made me laugh . . .Ok Vin explain.  I'm not a Glennonite so much as I dont like this QB class to find a better option.  There are many holes on this boat dont focus on one that hasn't burst yet. I was laughing at the irony, not the substance. Weren't you seeing things that weren't there to justify your lack of faith in Carr?  Wasn't that sort of the point of BR's comments? In other words, if you don't like the guy's play fine, but he had a "panic attack" and not going to NY is some sign of weakness? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who knows where he will go.  You can make a valid argument he could go top 10 and others can make a solid argument late 1st to early 2nd. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These are the things GMs have to keep an eye on.  I didn't deem it anything I just read that was probably the case.

If your sayin a GM would not draft a guy that didn't attend the draft, that is crazy talk.  I may have misread that. Maybe you meant something else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st or 101st, I admire someone who would rather enjoy the process at home surrounded by family versus the media whore process in NY.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I just meant that every decision you make is evaluated.  Like a decision not to go to a pro day. Or not try hard every play your senior year for fear of injury. These are all glimpses into how a player thinks.  I think most want a QB that embraces the spotlight, the attention that comes with the position, ESPN.  If he was playing another position maybe that’s not a big deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I just meant that every decision you make is evaluated.  Like a decision not to go to a pro day. Or not try hard every play your senior year for fear of injury. These are all glimpses into how a player thinks.  I think most want a QB that embraces the spotlight, the attention that comes with the position, ESPN.  If he was playing another position maybe that's not a big deal.

Or they may prefer a more family oriented man, who doesn't crave the attention, and just wants to work.  I'm not supporting drafting Carr (he's my least favorite of all of the possible scenarios), just saying not all GM's and HC's prefer an attention seeker.  I could see Lovie as being one of those.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. I’m starting to understand why you compared Bridgewater to Kellen Moore in another thread.

i did that, but more as a question. I do see some similarities.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I just meant that every decision you make is evaluated.  Like a decision not to go to a pro day. Or not try hard every play your senior year for fear of injury. These are all glimpses into how a player thinks.  I think most want a QB that embraces the spotlight, the attention that comes with the position, ESPN.  If he was playing another position maybe that's not a big deal.

Or they may prefer a more family oriented man, who doesn't crave the attention, and just wants to work.  I'm not supporting drafting Carr (he's my least favorite of all of the possible scenarios), just saying not all GM's and HC's prefer an attention seeker.  I could see Lovie as being one of those.

The QB you are describing sounds like Glennon.  Sometimes I feel like that's the only reason fans dont like him is because he's low key, hard working and does what he is told. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Talent tops anything else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st or 101st, I admire someone who would rather enjoy the process at home surrounded by family versus the media whore process in NY.

You bring your family with you to New York . You're gonna be a millionaire in a few weeks. Put it on the credit card.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The QB you are describing sounds like Glennon.  Sometimes I feel like that's the only reason fans dont like him is because he's low key, hard working and does what he is told.

not so.  I love the fact he got demoted and took it like a champ.  He’s the perfect backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I just meant that every decision you make is evaluated.  Like a decision not to go to a pro day.

you don't like Carr on the field so you viewed this fact ("a decision not to go to a pro day") as a sign of weakness

This guy is becoming the anti-QB.  He gets the yips on his pro-day and doesn't show up to NYC for the draft.  This guy has "I **CENSORED** my pants"  written all over him. I dont care what religion he is.  No thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I just meant that every decision you make is evaluated.  Like a decision not to go to a pro day.

you don't like Carr on the field so you viewed this fact ("a decision not to go to a pro day") as a sign of weakness No, I was stating the different decisions made by the top picks.   

This guy is becoming the anti-QB.  He gets the yips on his pro-day and doesn't show up to NYC for the draft.  This guy has "I **CENSORED** my pants"  written all over him. I dont care what religion he is.  No thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt any team cares whether a player wants to go to the draft or stay home with their family.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you don't like Carr on the field so you viewed this fact ("a decision not to go to a pro day") as a sign of weakness No, I was stating the different decisions made by the top picks.   

No, I was stating the different decisions made by the top picks.   

This guy has "I **CENSORED** my pants"  written all over him. 

um . .  okay

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except he DIDN’T get “yips” at his pro day. By all accounts he had a great pro day – it’s his tape the concerns people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except he DIDN'T get "yips" at his pro day. By all accounts he had a great pro day - it's his tape the concerns people.

Nothing more needs to be said beyond this. Carr has highly concerning flaws in his game and will likely be a Freeman-like QB or worse with better work ethic. All the other allegations regarding yips and draft day are immaterial. Lol @ those who would not mind Carr to the Bucs in 1st round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would gladly take Freeman with a better work ethic!EDIT: Not that I agree with the comparison.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Except he DIDN'T get "yips" at his pro day. By all accounts he had a great pro day - it's his tape the concerns people.

Nothing more needs to be said beyond this. Carr has highly concerning flaws in his game and will likely be a Freeman-like QB or worse with better work ethic. All the other allegations regarding yips and draft day are immaterial. Lol @ those who would not mind Carr to the Bucs in 1st round.

We are assuming his work ethic is better. I always question a QB, particularly one whose brother was a first round draft pick, playing for someone like Fresno.  Just doesn't add up.  It's not like this guy was flying under the radar or something like Bortles.  Carr has had the spotlight on his game since high school and yet he goes to a smaller FBS school instead of a more prominent program. Wouldn't take the risk in the first three rounds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude.  It’s near his hometown of Bakersfield and he probably dreamed of going there since he was a young kid watching his brother play.  And say what you want about the program but they have put 4 QBs in the NFL in the last 20 years.  Can almighty Alabama even say that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude.  It's near his hometown of Bakersfield and he probably dreamed of going there since he was a young kid watching his brother play.  And say what you want about the program but they have put 4 QBs in the NFL in the last 20 years.  Can almighty Alabama even say that?

He can choose to go to school wherever he wants but I think it's a real concern why no big school offered him a scholarship. Most of the good NFL QBs who went to small schools had a reason for that. Joe Flacco started out at a real school in Pitt but then Dave Wannstedt decided Tyler Palko was better so he transferred. Alex Smith played in a running offense with Reggie Bush so no one hardly saw him pass the ball. Ben Roethlisberger was on the bench behind the head coach's son until his senior year. USC, UCLA, Stanford, and the big west coast schools should have been interested in Carr but they weren't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I do know Cal offered him a scholarship

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a 3 star recruit on Rivals and had offers from SMU and Utah as well. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also think he was recruited by Bouse State and UCLA.  And from what I can tell he showed no interest in any program other than Fresno.  As a senior in Hugh school he threw for over 4,000 yards in 13 games with 46 TDs and another 5 on the ground. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I also think he was recruited by Bouse State and UCLA.  And from what I can tell he showed no interest in any program other than Fresno.  As a senior in Hugh school he threw for over 4,000 yards in 13 games with 46 TDs and another 5 on the ground.

Rivals shows that Boise, UCLA, and USC did not offer him and schools offer players all the time they think is going to go to another school. http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Carr-69877

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alex Smith played in a running offense with Reggie Bush so no one hardly saw him pass the ball. .

?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Scouts had him as a 4 star recruit and the 16th best QB,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alex Smith played in a running offense with Reggie Bush so no one hardly saw him pass the ball. .

?

What's your question?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rivals shows that Boise, UCLA, and USC did not offer him and schools offer players all the time they think is going to go to another school. http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Derek-Carr-69877

but there was some recruitment effort or they wouldn’t be listed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

but there was some recruitment effort or they wouldn't be listed

I'm sure they talked. They just ultimately decided not to offer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

as indicators go, isn’t the college recruiting a pretty small indicator?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

as indicators go, isn't the college recruiting a pretty small indicator?

Of course. But it's still an interesting discussion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And which QBs that got scholarships  to those schools in 2010 are going to be drafted into the NFL before him?  They are the ones that lost out.  Whether you like him or not as a pro prospect the guy had a prolific college career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agreed. I wonder about the inverse, guys who were blue chip recruits went to big schools and flopped in the NFL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

?

What's your question?

didn’t realize you were talking high school, and also didn’t realize smith and bush played together, so I was just confused. Wikipedia to the rescue

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is when you are talking about being drafted.  It isn't when you are talking about being drafted in the first round.  Once again, he may be the next Joe Montana, I'm not taking him in the first three rounds for a myriad of reasons.  His college football choice is just one of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah as I said I agree it is an indicator, I was just wondering about Mark Sanchez et. al.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agreed. I wonder about the inverse, guys who were blue chip recruits went to big schools and flopped in the NFL

It's really pretty irrelevant because at any given time there are roughly 20 good QBs in the NFL and the oldest ones go back about 15 years. So every given class of draft eligible players, there's only 1-2 legitimately good NFL QBs while depending on your definition, there are 15, 20, or 25 "big" schools. It's impossible for any one school to go on any kind of run for NFL QBs. They're just too scarce.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I may not follow, but I meant as indicators go is it that helpful when each year there are people who count as a POSITIVE indicator that a guy is, say, from USC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I may not follow, but I meant as indicators go is it that helpful when each year there are people who count as a POSITIVE indicator that a guy is, say, from USC

I think I follow. While getting a good offer is obviously no guarantee of success, with every school recruiting usually one QB every year, you just have to wonder why any particular QB who turns out to be good at a smaller school slips through the cracks. As I mentioned above, sometimes there are legitimate reasons. It's just one small step in the total process.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is when you are talking about being drafted.  It isn't when you are talking about being drafted in the first round.  Once again, he may be the next Joe Montana, I'm not taking him in the first three rounds for a myriad of reasons.  His college football choice is just one of them.

so were you a fan of drafting Doug  Martin in the first round?  He played college football in the same conference as Fresno.  Fresno even beat them this last year. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so were you a fan of drafting Doug  Martin in the first round?  He played college football in the same conference as Fresno.  Fresno even beat them this last year.

If you believe in the planet theory, you believe that athletes with exceptional physical abilities stand out at a young age and don't slip through the cracks very often. You're really talented offensive and defensive linemen and quarterbacks usually get identified early. Running back is not one of those positions. There are a million kids who are 5'10" 190 lbs in high school. They slip through the cracks all the time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think I follow. While getting a good offer is obviously no guarantee of success, with every school recruiting usually one QB every year, you just have to wonder why any particular QB who turns out to be good at a smaller school slips through the cracks. As I mentioned above, sometimes there are legitimate reasons. It's just one small step in the total process.

maybe same reason "any particular QB who turns out to be [bad]" slipped into the cracks, so to speak

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you believe in the planet theory, you believe that athletes with exceptional physical abilities stand out at a young age and don't slip through the cracks very often. You're really talented offensive and defensive linemen and quarterbacks usually get identified early. Running back is not one of those positions. There are a million kids who are 5'10" 190 lbs in high school. They slip through the cracks all the time.

This is so true.  Do you realize that Brian Westbrook probably never would have played pro football if Andy Reid didn't know of him at Villinova?  No one else was even considering him.  Running Backs are completely different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we just stop about Derek Carr? His brother was a better pro prospect and was awful. Not saying that he will be because of that… He just doesn’t excite me. At all. Not even if I was playing pickup 7 on 7 and she showed up to be all time QB…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For whatever reason, the USC record of successful NFL QB's is pretty dismal.  I think Carson Palmer was the last one who achieved a little success in the NFL. And he wasn't really all that. Great school, great history, and they have had some great teams. But when it comes to QB's, I would have to think twice before drafting one from USC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope the NFL is happy.  Pushing the draft back a couple weeks has forced fans to debate the relevance of a draft prospect’s high school career and his potential from 3-5 years ago.  Its as relevant as bird crap in a hurricane, but we are debating it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope the NFL is happy.  Pushing the draft back a couple weeks has forced fans to debate the relevance of a draft prospect's high school career and his potential from 3-5 years ago.  Its as relevant as bird crap in a hurricane, but we are debating it.

If the draft wasn't pushed back it would be starting tonight . So you are hearing the same stuff you'd have heard if it was on schedule.Next week starts the real crazy talk , LOL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope the NFL is happy.  Pushing the draft back a couple weeks has forced fans to debate the relevance of a draft prospect's high school career and his potential from 3-5 years ago.  Its as relevant as bird crap in a hurricane, but we are debating it.

If the draft wasn't pushed back it would be starting tonight . So you are hearing the same stuff you'd have heard if it was on schedule.Next week starts the real crazy talk , LOL.

None of our discussions are going to effect the draft one iota.  The beauty of a message board is now we can revisit in a few years and see who is right and who knows very little about the QB position. Bortles and Mettenberger are the only two QBs in this draft that have any long term teeth IMO.  Derek Carr has very little chance at success for a lot of reasons. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly can’t wait to see the Red Board’s reaction when he’s the Bucs pick at 7. LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly can't wait to see the Red Board's reaction when he's the Bucs pick at 7. LOL

I'll be disappointed initially...but I'll give every draft pick a chance. At the end of the day anyone could turn out to be a stud and anyone could be a bust. Crapshoot , so why act like the world is coming to an end ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly can't wait to see the Red Board's reaction when he's the Bucs pick at 7. LOL

Let's face it.  I dont have any control over who we draft and I dont have a choice but to root for Tampa (I literally watched Hugh Culverhouse unveil Bucco Bruce back in 1975).  I have always been all in on everything Tampa.  Carr would be tough for me, I would actually understand just about any other QB selection (abhorrent to my football conviction but I would understand it) but Carr seems like a dud right out of the gate and a late round project at best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr already seems like a deer in headlights.Not going to be happy when/if they select him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL is getting what it wanted. People are talking, crazy or not, about the NFL for a few more weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL is getting what it wanted. People are talking, crazy or not, about the NFL for a few more weeks.

Totally agree.  While my franchise seems to be lost on a mescaline more often then not, the league knows exactly what it is doing.  They own this country sports wise.

Please wait…

Viewing 83 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.