Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• nitey

Participant

Link: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/is_glennon_showing_signs_of_tedfords_touch/16526128Just saw this article. Cool if true. I never though Glennon had that slow of a delivery, but knew it wasn't the fastest either. It will be interesting to see how much/if any Glennon improves during training camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Recent comments from McCown that Glennon was very rapidly taking in the Tedford playbook are also encouraging. Obviously the young man is hard-working, and both smart and highly coachable.     Tedford would've loved this guy. Look how quick, strong, and relaxed his delivery is. Perfection, in my book. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm3ErTOp0JQ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon can learn to turn it on in the 4th quarter then we have our guy. Can he?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best of the best get the ball out quickly. Brees, brady, rodgers..they get the ball out of there as fast as they can, AND they have the ability and foresight to do so accurately.IF glennon can be quicker after the snap, imo, he would be a much better qb, who could actually finish off games. The trick with that is consistency.

Please wait…

• shanesnyder

Participant

L&L must see something in the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

L&L must see something in the guy.

At least a little something. Though I think if they had an opportunity at Bortles we may have a different story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Recent comments from McCown that Glennon was very rapidly taking in the Tedford playbook are also encouraging. Obviously the young man is hard-working, and both smart and highly coachable.     Tedford would've loved this guy. Look how quick, strong, and relaxed his delivery is. Perfection, in my book. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm3ErTOp0JQ

I still can't believe Marino never won a Super Bowl. He had all the tools and the Marks Brothers. Maybe a little better running game is all that was needed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still can't believe Marino never won a Super Bowl. He had all the tools and the Marks Brothers. Maybe a little better running game is all that was needed.

Super Bowls are won by teams, not QBs. C'mon maaaaan :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ball coming out quickly is a function of anticipation which is mental quickness not physical, or mechanical. Being able to process information quickly is the key. By all accounts Glennon is smart we will see if that ever translates to on field success.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang man never realized how good Marino was..Anyway I think Glennon's speed in all areas of his game is underated. I'm not saying he is Vick fast or has a Romo like release, but people act like he is like Bledsoe in the pocket combined with the release of Leftwich. It doesn't look pretty at all but the guy gets it done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon’s release to me always reminded me of Matt Ryan. Not one of the fastest, but good enough. If you watch enough of Matt Ryan’s games, you can see a lot of similarities between Matt and Mike. JMO. If Glennon is as sharp as everyone says he is, he'll soak up everything McCown has to show him. McCown looked like a different quarterback under Trestman last season, he looked faster and more decisive than he looked in any season prior. He obviously learned something that hopefully he can pass on to Glennon. Mike's issues from last season were that he wasn't as decisive as he could have been with the ball and that he didn't always recognize when pressure was coming and to get rid of the ball. He'll never be mobile like McCown, but Brady does just fine with his limited mobility so Mike has a model there to look at. Hard work and dedication usually pays off in the NFL if you have reasonable talent. Mike may not be a star in the league, but I can see him doing well enough to be a starter for several years at a Matt Schuab level or better. JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Crown us!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Glennon is pressed he looks down at the pass rushers instead of looking down field. If he can learn to keep his eyes down field he might be the QB of the future. Not my pick, but I am still not HC!

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

The future is so bright , I gotta wear shades.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang man never realized how good Marino was..

I know, its even more amazing that he never won the SB. Football is truly the ultimate team sport.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The ball coming out quickly is a function of anticipation which is mental quickness not physical, or mechanical. Being able to process information quickly is the key. By all accounts Glennon is smart we will see if that ever translates to on field success.

Not all accounts. Some of the people he went to school with have said that he's not that smart when it comes to school. Maybe he has high football IQ though. At least it doesn't seem like he's stupid. Then again, even Josh Freeman sounded smart when he talked about football. It's more about mental quickness. You have to recognize and make a decision within 2 seconds.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not all accounts. Some of the people he went to school with have said that he's not that smart when it comes to school. Maybe he has high football IQ though. At least it doesn't seem like he's stupid. Then again, even Josh Freeman sounded smart when he talked about football. It's more about mental quickness. You have to recognize and make a decision within 2 seconds.

So who are these some people?Here is what some other people said...He also will depart with a stellar academic record that includes two degrees – his undergrad degree in business management and a masters from MALS -- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies.So just as the 6-6 senior stood tall in the pocket on many fall Saturdays, Glennon will stand tall in a cap and gown during a graduation ceremony Friday afternoon.Overall he handled the books about as well as he threw the football, posting a 3.1 grade point average in his undergraduate major.His GPA in the MALS masters study, which centered largely on leadership and sports management, was in the 3.8 range on a 4.0 scale.http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121412aaa.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to agree with Freddy, this is exactly opposite of everything I know and have heard. The guy was taking Masters classes at the same time he was getting his bachelors degree. That takes plenty of smarts and hard work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rookie QB's tend to struggle even with a decent supporting cast.  Freeman sounded smart?  That's news to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything reports contrary to Glennon being smart and a very hard worker are fallacious.  He is a grinder film rat that always wants to get better.  He’s going to be good real soon. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually it would be Arroyo’s touch.  Mike has a decent delivery already.  Tweaked where it flicks out closer to his skull will do wonders when added to his developing mental game. A change like that will require a lot of work, good thing the young man is driven to succeed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to agree with Freddy, this is exactly opposite of everything I know and have heard. The guy was taking Masters classes at the same time he was getting his bachelors degree. That takes plenty of smarts and hard work.

I'm just going off stuff I read on Reddit and footballsfuture. I don't personally believe it myself, but i just find it weird that on 3-4 different posts I've seen people say something like "I had a few classes with Glennon, the guy is dumb as bricks."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dang man never realized how good Marino was..

I know, its even more amazing that he never won the SB. Football is truly the ultimate team sport.

the sole reason Marino never won the big one?.................Tom Olivadotti !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From what I’ve read thru the years,  a lot of it was Marino’s own fault. They never had much of a running game, and a lot of it is because Marino wouldn’t allow it. If you ever watched him, you know he was in control of that team. Shula has been on record that Marino would often change run plays to pass plays, and was a bit of a prima  donna.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally would rather have had Brad Johnson’s career than Marino’s.  You wake up everyday as a pro football player with one thing in mind.  Marino never got to drink from the sweet chalice. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally would rather have had Brad Johnson's career than Marino's.  You wake up everyday as a pro football player with one thing in mind.  Marino never got to drink from the sweet chalice.

Yeah Marino is ONLY a HOFer, you turd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally would rather have had Brad Johnson's career than Marino's.  You wake up everyday as a pro football player with one thing in mind.  Marino never got to drink from the sweet chalice.

Trust me, he'd give up his HOF induction for a ring.  Fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're a liar. FACT. When people bring up superbowl wins, Brad Johnson is NEVER, and I mean NEVER mentioned. It is all about Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber and Gruden. Johnson is an afterthought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From what I've read thru the years,  a lot of it was Marino's own fault. They never had much of a running game, and a lot of it is because Marino wouldn't allow it. If you ever watched him, you know he was in control of that team. Shula has been on record that Marino would often change run plays to pass plays, and was a bit of a prima  donna.

I heard Jimmy Johnson would get livid with Marino for the same reason.  I think the point has merit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not all accounts. Some of the people he went to school with have said that he's not that smart when it comes to school.

huh? didnt he get his masters? while play DI football?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're a liar. FACT. When people bring up superbowl wins, Brad Johnson is NEVER, and I mean NEVER mentioned. It is all about Sapp, Brooks, Lynch, Barber and Gruden. Johnson is an afterthought.

Who gives a crap about who they talk about.  Johonson's Super Bowl ring is eternal and he was under center for one of the best offensive displays ever seen in the playoffs.  When people bring up Super Bowl wins, they never bring up Marino, because he doesn't have any.  Meep.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm just going off stuff I read on Reddit and footballsfuture. I don't personally believe it myself, but i just find it weird that on 3-4 different posts I've seen people say something like "I had a few classes with Glennon, the guy is dumb as bricks."

Sounds like a Dexter Manley clone. His girlfriend probably did his homework.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like a Dexter Manley clone. His girlfriend probably did his homework.

Did he get a look-alike to take all his exams for him?

Please wait…

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.