Viewing 62 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

2014 NFL Draft Rumors: Fourth report ties Johnny Manziel to the Buccaneers By Sander Philipse Apr 24 2014, 3:06pmjff_zps70d0b803.jpgMark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports We now have four reports linking Johnny Manziel to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Is it time to start taking them seriously?Ed Werder of ESPN reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers "would seriously consider" Johnny Manziel if he fell to them with the seventh overall pick. Yes, I know we ran a piece on a Johnny-Manziel-to-Bucs-report just yesterday, but that was a different report. In fact, this latest Ed Werder report is now the fourth report linking Johnny Manziel to Tampa Bay, with earlier reports saying that they "love" Manziel, twice. The Bucs themselves haven't been shy about their love for Manziel, either. Lovie Smith praised Manziel at the owner's meeting, albeit slightly indirectly. "I think there are mixed opinions on just about every player," Lovie said. "It’s kind of how you see him. As far as how he’ll take his game to the NFL level, most outstanding players in college, a lot of them, wind up being very good football players in the NFL. Football really is football. A lot of the things he’s done, I know he’s not your typical prototype quarterback, drop back into the pocket, but there are a lot of quarterbacks that aren’t your prototypical quarterback." That's not effusive praise, exactly, but it's fairly positive when Smith could simply have declined to talk about him. It's certainly enough to reinforce the four reports that the Bucs are interested in Johnny Manziel. They've also brought Manziel in for a visit, as they have with several other quarterbacks. These reports allow for two interpretations. Pick the one that affirms your preferred view of the Bucs and/or Johnny Manziel. 1) They're actively and widely leaking that they like Johnny Manziel in an effort to deflect attention away from players they really want. 2) They actually want Johnny Manziel, and this is coming out through various channels because the interest is so well-known and widespread that it's impossible to keep quiet. Both scenarios have happened in the past. No one knew the Bucs wanted Mark Barron when they drafted him, with everyone convinced that Morris Claiborne and Trent Richardson were their top targets in 2012. But the Bucs' interest in Johnthan Banks, Gerald McCoy and Lavonte David was very well-known well in advance of the draft -- and they still made those picks. I have no way of discerning fact from fiction in this case, and I'm not even going to try. I don't advise you to spend too much time on figuring this stuff out, either. We don't know the truth, and we really won't know it until the Bucs make their first-round selection.http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/4/24/5650034/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-fourth-report-ties-johnny-manziel-to-the

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sadly, I’m starting to think it’s all smoke. Hope it’s true, but starting to think it’s not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We Beileve – Manziel to the Bucs!!!![img width=558 height=400]http://tbo.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=TB&Date=20131117&Category=ARTICLE&ArtNo=111709997&Ref=PH&Item=20&NewTbl=1&MaxH=1600[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Almost all mock still have him in Cleveland. I guess we’ll find out in 13 days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This entire draft is a crapshoot from top to bottom.  I wouldnt be shocked if JFF goes as high as #3 or falls out of the 1st completely.  About the only thing you can bank on is that Clowney will go top 5.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can want him all we want ….he ain’t lasting until seven. Cleveland is all over that.So that being said , it doesn't really matter if the the rumors are true.I'd like to think we wouldn't be stupid enough to let the entire world know if he was our guy though . Seems ridiculous. Just inviting another team who loves him to trade up to the falcons spot and take him right before us .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can want him all we want ....he ain't lasting until seven. Cleveland is all over that.So that being said , it doesn't really matter if the the rumors are true.I'd like to think we wouldn't be stupid enough to let the entire world know if he was our guy though . Seems ridiculous. Just inviting another team who loves him to trade up to the falcons spot and take him right before us .

I'm 90% certain Cleveland goes Sammy Watkins. They really like Hoyer up there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These reporters/inside people are all a bunch of sheep.  If one reports something before long more will jump on board and report the same thing.  NONE of them have a clue what the Bucs will do.  Putting any credence in what they are reporting is foolish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pushing this draft out two weeks stinks.  We should have had the answer to this question yesterday!  The thing about Manziel is that he would not start right away here.  The Bucs would have to be OK with him sitting on the bench and the ridiculous media hype that would come with that.  I dont know if Lovie wants that drama.  They could have some read option plays for him this season but he wont be the guy.  That is probably the best thing that could happen for him though

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pushing this draft out two weeks stinks.  We should have had the answer to this question yesterday!  The thing about Manziel is that he would not start right away here.  The Bucs would have to be OK with him sitting on the bench and the ridiculous media hype that would come with that.  I dont know if Lovie wants that drama.  They could have some read option plays for him this season but he wont be the guy.  That is probably the best thing that could happen for him though

Johnny isn't a read option guy... that would require some structure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We love manziel and are going to draft him if he’s there lovie told me yesterday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel, if he gets to the selection, will be a Jaguar.He has talent, he sells tickets,he fills a need.No brainer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel, if he gets to the selection, will be a Jaguar.

Been sayin this all along. I'll bet he is #1 on the board for the Jags, Browns, and Raiders. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the Texans or Rams take Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jdub, I highly doubt the Texans would pick Manziel over Clowney. Clowney is the Andrew Luck of DE prospects and the Texans would be crazy to pass on Clowney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel, if he gets to the selection, will be a Jaguar.

Been sayin this all along. I'll bet he is #1 on the board for the Jags, Browns, and Raiders. I wouldn't even be surprised to see the Texans or Rams take Manziel.

Rams?  No chance Fisher pulls a boner like that.  He will take Watkins, or Mathews.Jacksonville is the most obvious landing spot for JFF for the reasons stated.  It's the Jags, if he sucks, who cares?  But he will sell tickets for a season if he is there, good, or bad.Cleveland, if they want him, will have to move around a little.I also think Evans will be gone by the time the Bucs pick.  I'm thinking the Raiders grab him after Watkins most likely goes to the Rams.Mack will go to the Falcons.Clowney goes to the Texans.If Cleveland doesn't move around to get Manziel (who I truly believe they covet), they will take Bortles who has a ton of upside.Bucs?  Robinson.  I would not mind.I can see it boiling down to that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The way I see it is there are 6 prospects that the Bucs should want before Manziel:Clowney - for obvious reasons, fills a need, albeit not one of the top 2 needsMack - a player that appears to be as good as Clowney, fills a need, albeit not one of the top 2 needs Watkins - best receiver in the draft and fills a needEvans - 2nd best receiver in the draft and fills a needRobinson - Top OL prospect, can play G as well as T and fills a needMatthews - Another top OL prospect, possibly can play G, can play T and could move someone else on the line to G (Dotson?) - fills a needAll the quarterbacks fill future needs, none fill an immediate need as McCown is clearly our quarterback for this season.So you can look at this two ways. The quarterback love IS a smokescreen because they hope that someone will take one and push one of the top 6 down to us OR the quarterback love is real, but could be based upon the real possibility that the top 6 choices that the Bucs would prefer could be gone making a quarterback choice a stronger possibility.As far as I see it - the statement is both True and False. If Manziel is there, it's likely that all the other six players that could fulfill immediate needs are gone and it's possible that Lovie really likes Manziels playmaking ability. But it's also very possible that the Bucs are hoping that Manziel is taken before their pick pushing a player that helps them out this season is available.That's my take. Our pick will be one of the top 6 players in the draft or could be Manziel (unless we get a offer to trade down).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The way I see it is there are 6 prospects that the Bucs should want before Manziel:Clowney - for obvious reasons, fills a need, albeit not one of the top 2 needsMack - a player that appears to be as good as Clowney, fills a need, albeit not one of the top 2 needs Watkins - best receiver in the draft and fills a needEvans - 2nd best receiver in the draft and fills a needRobinson - Top OL prospect, can play G as well as T and fills a needMatthews - Another top OL prospect, possibly can play G, can play T and could move someone else on the line to G (Dotson?) - fills a needAll the quarterbacks fill future needs, none fill an immediate need as McCown is clearly our quarterback for this season.So you can look at this two ways. The quarterback love IS a smokescreen because they hope that someone will take one and push one of the top 6 down to us OR the quarterback love is real, but could be based upon the real possibility that the top 6 choices that the Bucs would prefer could be gone making a quarterback choice a stronger possibility.As far as I see it - the statement is both True and False. If Manziel is there, it's likely that all the other six players that could fulfill immediate needs are gone and it's possible that Lovie really likes Manziels playmaking ability. But it's also very possible that the Bucs are hoping that Manziel is taken before their pick pushing a player that helps them out this season is available.That's my take. Our pick will be one of the top 6 players in the draft or could be Manziel (unless we get a offer to trade down).

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a 3rd option, and that is generate a rush on QB’s so the player they really want drops to them at 7.Edit: Just seen Niteys post, we obviously agree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesn’t matter what any of us think, but if Lovie, Licht, and Tedford have come to the conclusion that Manziel (or any QB) is a legit franchise QB and they are sold on them…..then nobody makes more sense. McCown is not even part of the equation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesn't matter what any of us think, but if Lovie, Licht, and Tedford have come to the conclusion that Manziel (or any QB) is a legit franchise QB and they are sold on them.....then nobody makes more sense. McCown is not even part of the equation.

Then why did they sign him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesn't matter what any of us think, but if Lovie, Licht, and Tedford have come to the conclusion that Manziel (or any QB) is a legit franchise QB and they are sold on them.....then nobody makes more sense. McCown is not even part of the equation.

Because we aren't guaranteed to get the QB we want in the draft and they don't like Glennon. McCown was the best available option, but he is a 34 year old back up. He is something between a short term bandaid and an insurance policy. If you honestly think his presence on our roster has any affect on us drafting a QB, you're nuts. If there is a QB in this draft that L&L view as "their guy" they will not hesitate to draft him and they shouldn't. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCown can’t have any bearing on our picks. I think Lovie plans on being here for a while so why wouldn’t he grab a franchise QB while he can if he sees one he likes? At first I bought into the Manziel to Tampa hype but the more we hear it the less likely it becomes. It's got to be a smokescreen, I think. They're hoping to push someone else down or hoping to trade back. I'm perfectly happy with us taking JFF at 7 if he's there (I think Cleveland takes Watkins over any of the QBs if he's there) but I just don't believe the hype any more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The part about the QBs in this draft being a steaming pile had more to do with why they signed McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fair point and that's how it should be, but if the Bucs like Manziel as much as they say they do, why are they advertising their love? Also, all the free agent pickups and recent comments about how the Bucs are expected to contend this year doesn't truly fit with picking a development quarterback in the first round. It just gets back to that phrase I hate, picking the best player available. Manziel, or any quarterback for that matter may not be at the top of their list, but there is a real possibility that everyone at the top of their need list could be gone making a quarterback choice the best available option because while it doesn't fulfill an immediate need it does address the future need and I feel despite what GM's say, draft picks are needs driven - the needs just might not be immediate needs.The only other player I see as a possibility beyond the top 6 and a quarterback choice is Aaron Donald. Donald IMO is a 'nice to have' player. I understand all the points that have been made about why he could be a good pick, but the fact is that we don't need him, not now and not in the immediate future because there is no way McCoy isn't going to be signed to another contract. The top 6 players fill immediate needs, a quarterback pick addresses a future need. You shouldn't need a crystal ball to figure out the top 7 or 8 players that the Bucs are likely to pick. It's all down to who's left. I'm betting immediate needs will be selected before future needs, but those future needs will be addressed before those 'nice to have' players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because we aren't guaranteed to get the QB we want in the draft and they don't like Glennon.

We don't really know that they don't like Glennon. They may like Glennon, but also feel that he's not a sure thing or that the ceiling on Manziel or Bridgewater is higher than that of Glennon. My opinion is that they are happy enough with Glennon, but if the top need players are gone, then picking a quarterback high might be the best option. Quarterbacks have the potential to bring some pretty high draft picks later so why not draft a guy like Manziel, becareful with him so that he always looks good on tape (same thing with Glennon) and then when the time is right trade him for increased value? The Packers did that for years, hell the Pats make a living out of doing that.They are not going to dump Glennon IMO. They might trade him during the draft but if they do, I suspect it will be for at least the 3rd they have in him or better or they'll hold on to him. Lots of players are traded before and during training camp and a unexpected quarterback injury can make Glennon a very attractive trade. Again, JMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm 90% certain Cleveland goes Sammy Watkins. They really like Hoyer up there.

Who is "they"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO the reports are generating the trade interest…  Just don't see these guys pulling the trigger on him.and I'm very okay with it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#1 - He's a cheap insurance policy #2 - They have no faith in Glennon #3 - There's no guarantee that the guy they covet will be there at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#1 - He's a cheap insurance policy #2 - They have no faith in Glennon #3 - There's no guarantee that the guy they covet will be there at 7.

He's not as cheap as a Caleb Haney, who Lovie knows.  The "no faith" is just purely speculation, and can easily be part of a smokescreen.  There is no way to know if they "covet" a QB in this draft.  As we've seen, you don't last long if you roll the dice and miss when your first pick is a bust QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I firmly believe that the Buccaneers are creating a smokescreen about JFF…they really can’t that be THAT bad at letting information get out about who they want at #7…can they? If it were #1…that is just different…it doesn’t matter as muchI think this has more to do with the extended period of waiting for the draft...thx Godell for that horrible ideaI predict that JFF is NOT a Buccaneer after the NFL Draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. The first thing they do is sign a 34 year old back up and name his starter…..but “The ‘no faith’ is just purely speculation”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is anybody listening????  We have the most gullible fan base in all of sports.  Let’s pretend we had the 4th pick in this draft.  JFF is still not going to be available when we select.  In the dumbest Central Florida hayseed voice possible – “Uh, yeah, the Jaguars, Browns and Raiders all seem to be interested in other positions.  They are not looking at this like we are.  Shaub is the long term answer in Oakland. Jacksonville isn’t in the business of selling tickets.  Cleveland has that local kid that they are happy with and they dont like the forward pass that much anyways.”  All of the pre-draft tall on Manziel is worthless because he is as good as the enemy, he will be QBing another team.  We are not in position to get him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. The first thing they do is sign a 34 year old back up and name his starter.....but "The 'no faith' is just purely speculation"

Are you even thinking when you type?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's not as cheap as a Caleb Haney, who Lovie knows.  The "no faith" is just purely speculation, and can easily be part of a smokescreen.  There is no way to know if they "covet" a QB in this draft.  As we've seen, you don't last long if you roll the dice and miss when your first pick is a bust QB.

Caleb Haney?"Haney, 28, hasn't appeared in a game since compiling an 0-4 record for the Bears in 2011, completing just 50 percent of his passes for 613 yards, three touchdowns, and nine interceptions. "-Rotowordl-Haney sucks that's why he is not here....McCown is insurance....A QB will be drafted this year....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sometimes when I’m playing poker, I will look an opponent straight in the eye and tell him exactly what cards I have leaving them dumbfounded as if now I couldn’t possibly have those cards because what kind of idiot would literally just say it out loud? As a Manziel fan, this is my only hope that the Bucs will take him if they find themselves in a position to do so. Now with every fan and NFL team thinking this is very clearly a smokescreen, the Bucs could operate as if nobody believes they’re actually interested in Manziel.Now with all of that being said, I suck at poker, so its probably a smokescreen and we're going to end up with Evans or Robinson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is anybody listening????  We have the most gullible fan base in all of sports.  Let's pretend we had the 4th pick in this draft.  JFF is still not going to be available when we select.  In the dumbest Central Florida hayseed voice possible - "Uh, yeah, the Jaguars, Browns and Raiders all seem to be interested in other positions.  They are not looking at this like we are.  Shaub is the long term answer in Oakland. Jacksonville isn't in the business of selling tickets.  Cleveland has that local kid that they are happy with and they dont like the forward pass that much anyways."  All of the pre-draft tall on Manziel is worthless because he is as good as the enemy, he will be QBing another team.  We are not in position to get him.

we can only hope and pray that he is.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“…We have the most gullible fan base in all of sports…”Nope.  We are just like all the others.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Caleb Haney?"Haney, 28, hasn't appeared in a game since compiling an 0-4 record for the Bears in 2011, completing just 50 percent of his passes for 613 yards, three touchdowns, and nine interceptions. "-Rotowordl-Haney sucks that's why he is not here....McCown is insurance....A QB will be drafted this year....

I'm not saying a QB won't be drafted.  In fact, I hope they get one on day 3.  Your description of Haney is exactly what an insurance QB is.  The best QB in free agency... really gotta be a strong contender to start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel, if he gets to the selection, will be a Jaguar.He has talent, he sells tickets,he fills a need.No brainer.

They passed on tebow (who would've filled their stadium) twice.Maybe they learned their lesson, or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They passed on tebow (who would've filled their stadium) twice.Maybe they learned their lesson, or not.

Manziel is also 37 times the quarterback that Tebow was on account of Tebow is actually a FB in disguise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not saying a QB won't be drafted.  In fact, I hope they get one on day 3.  Your description of Haney is exactly what an insurance QB is.  The best QB in free agency... really gotta be a strong contender to start.

That is totally azz backwards....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is totally azz backwards....

No it isn't.  If McCown is only insurance, Haney wouldn't have a job.  Insurance QBs are the guys you hope you never see on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m mostly on track with Hate, except I do think that Lovie truly believes in McCown. That said, his admiration for McCown won't stand in the way of taking a QB if they truly think the long-term option is there. We are in the market for the QB of the future, but we won't force it.With regard to where or when Manziel will go, I think that barring someone trading up he's likely to be there at 7. I say that for a couple of reasons:1 - While I do like Manziel - maybe not as much as the super-gung-ho group, but still quite a bit - I think people would have to be willfully blind to the notion that there are risks that go beyond typical risks. He's not the proto-type size, arm, style, nor did he really play in a normal pro-style offense. Those are going be obstacles to overcome, and NFL teams are going to have a variety of opinions about how likely he is to overcome them. 2 - To paraphrase Batman, NFL teams are a cowardly, superstitious lot. How many times did you hear that if Russell Wilson was 2 inches taller, he'd have been a first rounder? And realistically, he was far more advanced than Manziel in terms of experience/offense, and had much fewer intangible questions. He was safer than Manziel is. Sure, some teams are going to see what happened with Wilson and see that as evidence that it works. But didn't teams have that evidence with Drew Brees? And yet Wilson still went in round 3. Now, I'm not saying that he's going in round 3 - I'm just pointing out how stubborn teams can be about players who buck convention. 2 - The teams in position to take Manziel early are largely the same teams that got burned badly by the draft of 2011. Most of those staffs got canned. Think the new guys are eager to jump in feet first with one of the riskiest players in the draft? 3 -  There are no Lucks, but there are quite a few intriguing QB options in this draft - I think that's going to tempt teams into thinking they can wait until the top of round 2 or trade into the bottom of round 1. I'm sure more than one of those teams will be left without a chair when the music stops, but they'll convince themselves otherwise. 4 - There are too many elite players at the top of the draft. I'm anticipating that Houston (or someone) takes Clowney #1 (I follow lots of draft/NFL stuff from Houston-based sources and it would surprise me if Manziel was an option there at all) . I think the Rams take Watkins or one of the OTs. Jags are definitely an option, but I think that Bradley is going to have a very difficult time passing up Khalil Mack. Cleveland is an option of course, but again - it's a team that was recently burned, and if anyone on the planet is sensitive to that it's Ray Farmer, the lone survivor of that purge. I'm skeptical he's going to take a risk on Manziel when he knows that he's got the 22nd pick to use on a QB (and once you get past 11, there are a lot of non-QB teams in a row, so he'll likely have some options). Oakland is one I could see, but really they are a major wildcard. Atlanta no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best thing about JFF at 7 is the trade offers.    Cardinals.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Caleb Haney? Umm.....ok. When you bring in McCown and anoint him the starter, that's tells me all i need to know as far as their faith in Glennon. If you can't see that, well i don't know what to tell ya.I've made no suggestion that they covet a QB in the draft though they do seem to be parading every available candidate thru the halls of 1Buc.As for drafting a bust qb, it happens....as does every new coach wanting his own guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Caleb Haney? Umm.....ok. When you bring in McCown and anoint him the starter, that's tells me all i need to know as far as their faith in Glennon. If you can't see that, well i don't know what to tell ya.I've made no suggestion that they covet a QB in the draft though they do seem to be parading every available candidate thru the halls of 1Buc.As for drafting a bust qb, it happens....as does every new coach wanting his own guy.This is exactly the type of stuff I am talking about.  Aside from the fact that Lovie has said some mistruths about Williams and Revis, there is more than enough evidence to indicate that Lovie said this to get McCown to Tampa.  We needed someone other than the dude that wrote The Castle as our backup.  If this move alone is what you are basing Lovie's faith in Glennon on then I dont think you've been around the game that long. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only time we ever took a player that we supposedly loved this much it was 2005, and the player was Caddy. And even then we tried to smoke-screen by having it leak that Allen was having dinner the night before the draft with Big Mike Williams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly the type of stuff I am talking about.  Aside from the fact that Lovie has said some mistruths about Williams and Revis, there is more than enough evidence to indicate that Lovie said this to get McCown to Tampa.  We needed someone other than the dude that wrote The Castle as our backup.  If this move alone is what you are basing Lovie's faith in Glennon on then I dont think you've been around the game that long.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Bucs brought in McCown to be the backup to Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is exactly the type of stuff I am talking about.  Aside from the fact that Lovie has said some mistruths about Williams and Revis, there is more than enough evidence to indicate that Lovie said this to get McCown to Tampa.  We needed someone other than the dude that wrote The Castle as our backup.  If this move alone is what you are basing Lovie's faith in Glennon on then I dont think you've been around the game that long.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Bucs brought in McCown to be the backup to Glennon?

No, I'm saying Glennon, who had more yards and TDs last year (in his rookie season with the worst offensive cast in modern NFL history) than McCown has any year he's played, will be part of an open competition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is also 37 times the quarterback that Tebow was on account of Tebow is actually a FB in disguise.

+100000000

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that equals three hundred and seventy million.  C’mon guys…  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, I'm saying Glennon, who had more yards and TDs last year (in his rookie season with the worst offensive cast in modern NFL history) than McCown has any year he's played, will be part of an open competition.

You should give those stats to Lovie - I'm sure he's never heard that line before. If it's an open competition, 60-30-10 QB reps seems like a funny way of showing it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You should give those stats to Lovie - I'm sure he's never heard that line before. If it's an open competition, 60-30-10 QB reps seems like a funny way of showing it.

What was the breakdown on those percentages last year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And just for the record – I think there’s a decent chance Glennon is still the #2 come week 1. I just get the impression that Glennon doesn’t fit what they want to do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know, but who was the starter in week 1?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, they didn't have an extra mini-camp last year... But by your question, maybe you do understand that the vet gets priority over a rookie by default.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, they didn't have an extra mini-camp last year... But by your question, maybe you do understand that the vet gets priority over a rookie by default.

Is that the rule? Gosh, somebody should have told Dan Orlovsky about that rule.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Glennon took 30% of the snaps this week?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And just for the record - I think there's a decent chance Glennon is still the #2 come week 1. I just get the impression that Glennon doesn't fit what they want to do.

I hear that.  Long completions, solid TD to interception ratio.  These are things that generally piss an OC and head coach off. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is that the rule? Gosh, somebody should have told Dan Orlovsky about that rule.

They cut the Big O last year... had to bring him back when they saw how their vet was acting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And just for the record - I think there's a decent chance Glennon is still the #2 come week 1. I just get the impression that Glennon doesn't fit what they want to do.

I hear that.  Long completions, solid TD to interception ratio.  These are things that generally piss an OC and head coach off.

I'm not a Glennon hater, but please. Next you are going to tell me how he was the best rookie QB in the NFL last year. Lovie has said a few times that he's looking to get more athletic at the position. Does that sound like an endorsement of Glennon as his vision of the ideal QB? It's the same reason I would be surprised if the Bucs were interested in guys like Zach Mettenberger or Tom Savage. I've said it before, I'll say it again. I think the Bucs are in the market for a college QB, but I don't think they'll force it. I think they feel pretty comfortable with McCown in the short-run, and see Glennon at least as a solid backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure if the Bucs are 100% sold on any top QB enough to take one at #7….but I would bet money that whether they are or aren’t, they do have one or two QBs they like in rounds two thru seven.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We all want Super Bowl wins.  I want to address the glaring holes and embarrassing depth at positions outside of QB.  Others think that nothing good happens until a QB on the level of at least Eli shows up.  I think that QB may already be on our team.  We will know what the franchise thinks soon enough.  Our schedule has more wins on it than last year if we can get back to being as talented on O as we were before MWill got chopped.  Looking forward to the draft. 

Please wait…

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.