Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• TBbuccaneer40

Participant

I don’t know, call me crazy, but I think he just may be a bit overhyped.  I mean, he had one good solid year. He went from 13 sacks his sophomore season, to just 3 total his Jr year. Is that deserving of being the top pick or even Top 5? It wasn’t until after his 40 yard dash performance at the combine that he was starting to make alot of headlines and on top of many mock drafts. I would honestly rather have Khalil Mack as my edge rusher over Clowney, even if by some miracle Clowney falls to 7, which won’t happen. Thoughts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based on the insane amount of pre-draft analysis, most top prospects are over hyped. Clowney is the consensus top prospect but not the consensus number 1 pick. I wouldn’t call him more overrated than Mack, who most people know from one college game and a few workouts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His bone spurs in his foot would scare me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know, call me crazy, but I think he just may be a bit overhyped.  I mean, he had one good solid year. He went from 13 sacks his sophomore season, to just 3 total his Jr year. Is that deserving of being the top pick or even Top 5? It wasn't until after his 40 yard dash performance at the combine that he was starting to make alot of headlines and on top of many mock drafts. I would honestly rather have Khalil Mack as my edge rusher over Clowney, even if by some miracle Clowney falls to 7, which won't happen. Thoughts?

Hes been mocked to go number 1 overrall by numerous mock draft since the beginning, middle, and end of the college season. His stats were nothing in 2013 because every single team game planned for him and literally double or triple teamed him and mostly ran plays to other side.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not to mention I’m just completely turned off by his **CENSORED**yness and arrogance.  I heard him an interview him saying that he would head to his hotel Room if his name didn’t get called in the Top 3. Really dude? Are you that full of yourself. I can total see him being a problem in the locker room. It’s a privilege to play in the NFL, whether you’re a top 3 pick or the last pick taken.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know, call me crazy, but I think he just may be a bit overhyped.  I mean, he had one good solid year. He went from 13 sacks his sophomore season, to just 3 total his Jr year. Is that deserving of being the top pick or even Top 5? It wasn't until after his 40 yard dash performance at the combine that he was starting to make alot of headlines and on top of many mock drafts. I would honestly rather have Khalil Mack as my edge rusher over Clowney, even if by some miracle Clowney falls to 7, which won't happen. Thoughts?

Hes been mocked to go number 1 overrall by numerous mock draft since the beginning, middle, and end of the college season. His stats were nothing in 2013 because every single team game planned for him and literally double or triple teamed him and mostly ran plays to other side.

That's always the excuse, being double teamed. Well what do you thinks gonna happen to him in the NFL? And no he wasn't on top of draft boards til after the combine, they were back in forth between Mack and Bortles, Bridgewater,  etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he is very overhyped.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Teams don’t question his talent. They question his desire, his motor, his heart. They question the intangibles….the most important parts of being successful. That’s why there are questions about where he is going to go. Even if the Texans end up taking, I guarantee it’s not a slam dunk, no-brainer for the decision makers in that organization. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's always the excuse, being double teamed. Well what do you thinks gonna happen to him in the NFL? And no he wasn't on top of draft boards til after the combine, they were back in forth between Mack and Bortles, Bridgewater,  etc.

Doubled and sometime tripled  and the play ran to the other side of him yet he was still a problem and disruptive nearly every play. Watch for yourself man.  He had low sack numbers but it's not like he was getting dominated. On the contrary he was causing havoc.  You really don't have to ask the question of is he overrated, actually watch his game snaps and it's obvious he's not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems a bit shallow. Arrogant past the point of confidence. And his production was tragic. Unlike Manziels.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s overrated in the fact that while he has the potential to be really, really good, he’s not so much better than every other player who ever played like people seem to think. JJ Watt, Robert Quinn, and Von Miller are already really, really good. Clowney is going to have to put up 25+ sacks to be better than them, which probably isn’t happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t watched as much of him as some, because I’m simply not interested in the guy…..but from what I read on twitter from the scouts I follow, he tries to run around or away from contact far too much. He needs to attack the blocker and beat him with hands and physicality because OTs at the next level are quicker and stronger and he won’t be able to run around them consistently. I’ve also read that at the end of games and in critical moments, teams ran right at him and singled up on him and didn’t have a problem. Outside of his actual talent level, I worry about the foot surgery he is putting off. He didn't want it to effect his draft status....but it has been bothering him since highscool, you can see him constantly walking on it gingerly in game video, and he will eventually need surgery. Will it ever be right? He also comes of as a guy that could very easily pack it in once he gets his rookie contract and has a Guaranteed $20M. He doesn't come off as a guy that loves the game or as a guy that is going to outwork anyone. He seems more like the guy who has always been bigger and stronger than everyone else, always had it come easy, and I question how he will react to a league of piers that he doesn't dominate. Will he really dig deep and put in the work needed to be better than everyone else? Or will he fold like a cheap lawn chair when he realizes his size and athleticism alone will not be enough to be great at the next level? In the end, I think the chances of him busting are much higher than the chances of him being as great as advertised. I personally wouldn't want him even if he slipped to 7 and I'll be ecstatic if the Falcons trade away their entire draft to move up for him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ummmmm, no, he’s not overrated.  If you run a scheme where, when at a critical point in the game, say 3rd down and 3 or more, you can put pressure on the QB which will result in a sack, a forced bad throw resulting in possibly an interception, a fumble or a QB that is just downright pissing himself most of the game………….that’s what you get when you draft Clowney.  He’s a game changer and one that the Texans, in a hundred years of Sundays, will never pass on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

better than all of these first round QB prospects, am I right 10lbbass? 83989485.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course.  5 years from now you will struggle to recall the name of one QB from this draft……….and if it wasn’t for cool last names and nicknames, you would forget them altogether.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is overrated…yet still the best pass rusher and prospect in this draft.  That’s how talented he is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course.  5 years from now you will struggle to recall the name of one QB from this draft..........and if it wasn't for cool last names and nicknames, you would forget them altogether.

There is no way I will struggle to remember the name of Johnny Manziel.  Not happening.  Unless I get severe alzheimers.  That guy is rock and roll and rap and bling bling pinky rings.

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.