Is McCown the next Rich Gannon?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If he did good with the bears cast, he'll do good with our O as long as Tedfords scheme fits him

This is the correct answer.  If Tedford's O is a fit for the NFL and he and McCown work well together, this will be a nice offense.  If not, it wont matter if we draft Watkins or not. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love that McCown not playing anywhere other than the UFL is now a positive because he didn’t suck in those year. Excusing his pay because his teams sucked is equally silly, those teams lost games because their QB sucked rocks…just like most teams do. The Gannon comparison is silly because Gannon played and started 32 games for KC (3 years) before going over to OAK and had clearly outplayed Grbac but Grbac was the big money FA from SF. McCown started 7 games in the last 3 years and was inept in the 2 prior to 2013. It isn't odd to have a decent streak of games. You want the better comparisons look at spares who go on hot streaks. Dear god Freeman should have proved that to you. If not what about Damon Huard and his 244 passes (2006) and 1 INT that looks a lot like the 224 passes with 1 pick for McCown.  Derek Andersen had a great 8 games to start 2007. Scott Mitchell was good to finish out 1993.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Jesus christ eating a sandwich Gmac, have you posted ANYTHING positive since FA? You've been horrid!

Because I've despised basically every move we've made. The best move we made was still a downgrade in talent from the guy we had before so I find it hard to look at this offseason in a positive light. I liked the Collins signing though. Just sad to see Penn gone. Always been one of my favorite players. The DT was a good signing too.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Also we are no where close to Chicago. Both of their receivers are better than VJAX (and VJAX is a stud, he’s just not as good as the guys Chicago has). Their running back is better, and their head coach was offensively oriented compared to ours. McCown is going to stink up the joint at worst and be mediocre at best. Why anyone is excited or believes in the direction he's taking us in is beyond me.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Keep in mind Trestman was OAKs offensive coordinator and QBs coach from 2001-2003. I hope Tedford is watching a boatload of tape on Trestman's chicago offense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

There is little speculation about the stats he put up, they’re great. The question if he can put those same type of stats up in Tampa. Draw your own conclusions….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJhGgnM28Qo

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m worried about the amount of fumbles he’s had in his career. That can be a deadly habit at the QB position.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A little more perspective. Here are the passing defenses that Mr. McCown faced during his 8 games….Washington: 20thGreenbay: 24thDetroit: 23rdBaltimore: 12thSt. Louis: 19thMinnesota: 31stDallas: 30thPhildelphia: 32ndNot exactly murders row is it?Let's compare the bucs....New Orleans:  2nd (X2)Carolina: 6th (X2)NY Jets: 16thNew England: 18thArizona: 14thEagles: 32ndFalcons: 21st (X2)Seahawks: 1stDolphins: 16thDetroit: 23rdBuffalo: 4th49ers: 7thSt. Louis: 19thBucs: ave 13McCown: ave 24I know you can't really average the defenses but you get the idea. The defenses Glennon played against are MUCH MUCH more adept at pass defense. He faced one team in the top half of the league in pass defense. The bucs faced 7 defenses in the top 10. What a world of difference that makes.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm worried about the amount of fumbles he's had in his career. That can be a deadly habit at the QB position.

You should be, its insane. In 1,339 passing attempts, he has 79 fumbles/int. Do the math, it isn't very good.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is he the next rich gannon, or the next luke mccown?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Glennon sucks why anyone is butthurt he’s not starting is beyond me. He slow and he’s scared not a good combo at qb.Onto mccown I think he fits what tedfords offense is going to ask for mot claiming to be a expert on his offenses but the qbs he has managed have had some form of athletic ability can push the ball downfield and play within the offense(not improvisers). I think mccown will surprise imo.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Most of the fumble issues were really early in his career and then in 2007 when he played through a series of injuries in Oakland. He had 5 in Chicago in 322 drop-backs (attempts + sacks) + rushing attempts. Keep in mind backup QBs don't get the work in with the starting C as much - botched snaps are not abnormal.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just watched the video posted earlier…Did we get Alshon Jeffery as part of a package deal, or can Owusu do all of that?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is he the next rich gannon, or the next luke mccown?

83945362.gif

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You are creeping me out man…haha!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.