Is McCown the next Rich Gannon?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Glennon sucks why anyone is butthurt he's not starting is beyond me. He slow and he's scared not a good combo at qb.

No one is butt hurt as you say. What I very clearly pointed out is that the pass defenses faced by McCown and the Bears in NFC North are a far far cry from that in the NFC South. The passing defences of the NFC South (Lions, Packers, Minnesota) are all very very poor. Let's say McCown is our starter. He'll face the saints #2 and the Panthers #6 and the Falcons #21 opposed to 23, 24 and 31 respectively. You have to see that right? Even the sucky Glennon, as you put it, tore the Falcons apart. The falcons bad pass defense would still be the tougher than any of the competition McCown would face as the bears QB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a shame we already dished out the cash to sign McCown. Ryan Fitzpatrick was just released and he is an upgrade on Josh.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand signing McCown, I  even understanding making him #1 on some fictional depth chart at this point in the offseason. I just don’t see him having any upside and I see his stand of game last year as a very obvious aberration in a career of suck. He is the definition of a guy I do NOT want to see starting and rather that means Glennon surpasses him or some rookie does I really don’t care but McCown isn’t the road to a Super Bowl and likely not even one to the playoffs. He’s a dead end that needs to lead to a better QB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Agreed. Not sure what there is to gain by starting McCown.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Not losing as many games while you look for and/or groom your QB of the future.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm all for starting the best QB, regardless of ceiling or potential. I want, no I demand, a truly open competition. If we had that last year,  might have won one of those first 3 nail bitters. I want the best player present at every position, period. I hope Lovie isn't playing favorites.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

So maybe one or two more victories. Got it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm all for starting the best QB, regardless of ceiling or potential. I want, no I demand, a truly open competition. If we had that last year,  might have won one of those first 3 nail bitters. I want the best player present at every position, period. I hope Lovie isn't playing favorites.

An open competition, we start 1-0, don't have the Josh drama 1/4 of the way into the season and avoid a lot of headaches.McCown in every way was a waste of money.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm worried about the amount of fumbles he's had in his career. That can be a deadly habit at the QB position.

You should be, its insane. In 1,339 passing attempts, he has 79 fumbles/int. Do the math, it isn't very good.

Your stats are old and outdated.McCown has had exactly 1 fumble since 2008. ONE!!!!!!!15 TD and 5 INT since 2008. 13 TD and 1 INT last year with 1 fumble. But go ahead and throw out his recent accomplishments and focus on his career stats which includud playing on some terrible terrible teams. Your Java impersonation is getting really old.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just watched the video posted earlier...Did we get Alshon Jeffery as part of a package deal, or can Owusu do all of that?

Chicago has Marshall Jeffery and Forte.We have VJax MW19 and Martin.These are very similar skill players.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Just watched the video posted earlier...Did we get Alshon Jeffery as part of a package deal, or can Owusu do all of that?

Chicago has Marshall Jeffery and Forte.We have VJax MW19 and Martin.These are very similar skill players.

Poor man's version of each

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Trouble is, we cannot hang our hat with him at qb.Even IF he is a baller..what then? You got two years, good luck?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Trouble is, we cannot hang our hat with him at qb.Even IF he is a baller..what then? You got two years, good luck?

At his age, everyone is aware he isn't the long term answer. Maybe win some while grooming a young guy is exactly why he is here and exactly something he would love to do.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

At his age, everyone is aware he isn't the long term answer. Maybe win some while grooming a young guy is exactly why he is here and exactly something he would love to do.

I agree.Because what were the other options?Everyone is screaming about his age, so to all of the detractors here give us the name of the young up and coming QB we could have signed? ???McCown gives us the best chance to win now. Isnt that the whole idea? I would rather win some games until we find our franchise QB. Thank God the only people who matter agree with me.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree.Because what were the other options?Everyone is screaming about his age, so to all of the detractors here give us the name of the young up and coming QB we could have signed? ???McCown gives us the best chance to win now. Isnt that the whole idea? I would rather win some games until we find our franchise QB. Thank God the only people who matter agree with me.

Did you see my posts about strength of defense in the NFC south VS. NFC North? The worst defense he'll face in the NFC South in still better than the best one he faces in the NFC North, passing defense i'm talking.You can't be more objective. Honestly, the passing defense he faced were piss poor as a whole. But I guess how good the opposing team is has little to do with success. I mean he was on shit teams so of course he sucked before right? Glennon was on a shit team this year and played against much stiffer competition and did better than McCown in every year of his sorry career. I guess you could be right should. I mean i guess he could have gotten like 60% better from year 11 to 12. That happens all the time right? After 14 games you're sure you know what Glennon is and isn't but it apparently takes 11 years for McCown? Why don't you go back through and read the whole thread. I'm sure you won't so i'll summerize. You should expect a lot less from McCown than his 109 passer rating he had last year, a lot less. Thus it should be an open QB competition.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.