Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 116 reply threads

• Author

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I thought I read something about him have a bad attitude during one of the games.

Last game
      Brown 18 targets
      Godwin 5 targets
      Evans 4 targets

I know everyone is always saying the right thing about being a selfless teammate. But do you think it is really aggravating him?

It feels like there aren’t many designed plays for him.

On a side note, I love the designed screens to OJ.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I don’t think so

He’s on pace to eclipse 1000 yards and actually leads the team in yards and touchdowns

He played on losing Bucs teams his whole career and got himself a super bowl

Brady will make sure he keeps his record in tact and the longer he’s with Brady, the better chance he has at the Hall of fame

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He gets ZERO separation. It’s his fault.

• TBChucky

Participant

He gets every team’s best DB for a reason. Think about that.. It’s more than alignment.. Mike is fine..

• Buccaholic

Participant

Mad at whom? He’s a competitor. Of course he gets mad at himself for not making plays or the DB getting away with PI. Stats look good thus far.

REC YDS YDS/REC LNG TD
      Chris Godwin
      34 409 12 28 2
      Mike Evans
      31 420 13.6 34 4
      Antonio Brown
      29 418 14.4 62 4
      Leonard Fournette
      25 213 8.5 23 0
      Giovani Bernard
      17 97 5.7 32 2
      Rob Gronkowski
      16 184 11.5 26 4

• TBChucky

Participant

Not a chance.. The only stat Mike truly cares about is 5-1..

• Boid Fink

Participant

Where does this come from? Slay had him do Brady took the underneath and weaker corners.

Evans is doing a great job this season.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No.

Why would he be? He gets paid millions of dollars to catch footballs from the goat.

Just won a sb. Hes on pace to keep his 1000 yard streak in tact.

Lifes good for me13.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Holy shit, he must be one helluva WR to put up the career stats he has with ZERO separation.

I gotta know – why the axe grinding with Evans?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Gotta know as well…Evans has been nails his career in Tampa. Likeable, good ball player with the resume, owner of a pretty
      Impressive stat, just a good player.

I don’t get it either. Makes zero sense.

Holy shit, he must be one helluva WR to put up the career stats he has with ZERO separation.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Go look at the game clinching catch by AB, Mike was fired up and the first guy waiting for AB to turn around and celebrate with him. Mike loves this area and the organization. He’s not a diva, and we have a guy named Brady.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Per nextgen stats he gets the most separation between him, Godwin, and AB. Good try though.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

How the hell is separation even a recordable stat?? Serious question.

I’ve seen every game of Mike’s career and you can’t tell me he gets more separation that AB and Godwin. Is there also some stat that says he’s faster than Scotty Miller.

Mike is overall a very good receiver and I’m happy he’s a Buc. I’m personally not a fan of his style of play, that’s all.

• Bleedspewter55

Participant

I will say, Brady doesn’t throw him a lot of those jump balls he used to get from Jameis. Evans did tend to come down with a lot of those, and it probably made him feel more important to the offense. Definitely not a bad thing that Brady doesn’t do that, but I bet Evan’s feels like there’s more he can bring to the table than what his usage is right now.

• seekpar

Participant

Evans draws a lot of attention from the defense, usually up against the best coverage guy. Brady looks for the best spots to throw to vs the coverage, and throws to the open receivers. Brown’s getting a lot of targets because defenses are focusing on Evans/Godwin.

Evans used to play with a lot of fire and it got him into some trouble with the refs. I think he’s worked on that, but sometimes he does seem casual out there.

• Runole

Participant

Ridiculous thread!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Great wrs always want the ball but Evans is also a team player. Can tell last year so happy the team was winning. I doubt that has changed. Evans is too good though he will get his mismatches.

• Mic

Participant

Evans is a top 10 wr not a top 5 who can smoke a top corner eveyr week. He needs to become a smarter and better football player to reach top 5. Learn how to catch back shoulders, better footwork to get separation,catch contested balls and to understand timing routes. He excelled on comebacks/digs and sitting in soft zones in the Koetter offense which would net 15yards acatch in c3 zone that allows sloppy route running he needs to learn how to beat man on top corners. Guys like DHop hardly get shutdown because they have all the above.

I’ve rarely seen him make the contested catch where a guy is draped all over him and he hauls it in. Brady doesn’t care about covered guys if he can make the play, did you see what he did with randy moss he would throw into double coverage with safety help all the time cause Moss was a guy who could outjump/outcontest anyone.

Brady trust AB more because he can catch the backshoulder get separation and do all the timing things right. Mike has too sloppy route running to be a top 5 wr which is why he gets shutdown by Lattimore or a top man corner every other week

• TCB2W!

Participant

How the hell is separation even a recordable stat?? Serious question.

I’ve seen every game of Mike’s career and you can’t tell me he gets more separation that AB and Godwin. Is there also some stat that says he’s faster than Scotty Miller.

Mike is overall a very good receiver and I’m happy he’s a Buc. I’m personally not a fan of his style of play, that’s all.

There are sensors in everyone’s helmet that tells the distance each player is.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Haha, that’s what I was thinking. I’m all for stats but a stat for separation sounds ridiculous.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Moss is on a different level. He was tall, quick, and very very fast. Twitchy jumping ability like a high level bball player. Prime Moss was better than anyone on the Bucs so the comp is not fair. Evans is getting open, Brady misses a lot of open guys because there are usually multiple options to throw it to. Evans has the most of all 3 players and was a TD machine. Evans isn’t mad. His haters are. Evans is as advertised: big and physical, makes tough catches routinely, and is tough as they come for wideouts. He is tough boy.

He isn’t an elite burner, he isn’t the cleanest route runner, but the man is a bonafide star wideout. Nails. Every team would want him. Every.

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’m all for stats but a stat for separation sounds ridiculous.

Well, without those stats, what would we do to help those with inferior opinions?

Moss is on a different level. He was tall, quick, and very very fast. Twitchy jumping ability like a high level bball player. Prime Moss was better than anyone on the Bucs so the comp is not fair. Evans is getting open, Brady misses a lot of open guys because there are usually multiple options to throw it to. Evans has the most of all 3 players and was a TD machine. Evans isn’t mad. His haters are. Evans is as advertised: big and physical, makes tough catches routinely, and is tough as they come for wideouts. He is tough boy.

He isn’t an elite burner, he isn’t the cleanest route runner, but the man is a bonafide star wideout. Nails. Every team would want him. Every.

And does the vast majority of that with best DB from every team guarding him.

I really don’t understand those that consistently gripe about Evans.

• aquilus

Participant

If anything frustrates him its that hes drawing the coverage he is. As long as we are winning I think hes fine. When Gronk gets back look for the coverage to ease up a bit for 13 and he will be back on track
      Whats really hurting him too is…I dont know…Is Godwin having a kinda MEH season to you guys? I mean if Godwin was lighting things up Evans would be seeing less coverage schemes…I mean really at this point I wouldnt be unhappy if we shipped him for a decent corner (Cameron Dantzler) move AB over and start Tyler Johnson

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by aquilus.

• RudeGuy

Participant

It reminds me of this famous quote. Yogi Berra was once asked if a certain restaurant in New York was as popular as ever. “Naw,” quoth Yogi. “Nobody ever goes there anymore — it’s too crowded.”

• Boid Fink

Participant

Uhhh…are you serious? Godwin is just fine. He had a few miscues and without those he would be leading the team in yardage.

Some of you guys need to stop.

If anything frustrates him its that hes drawing the coverage he is. As long as we are winning I think hes fine. When Gronk gets back look for the coverage to ease up a bit for 13 and he will be back on track
      Whats really hurting him too is…I dont know…Is Godwin having a kinda MEH season to you guys? I mean if Godwin was lighting things up Evans would be seeing less coverage schemes…I mean really at this point I wouldnt be unhappy if we shipped him for a decent corner (Cameron Dantzler) move AB over and start Tyler Johnson

• BadabingBucs

Participant

We are 5-1 even with a lot of injuries

This talk about trading away players is terrible

The only way we don’t maintain a great chance of repeat is if we get in our own way and that includes our front office

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

I never said Mike isn’t having a good year or that he isn’t an elite talent.

I think at times he gets frustrated on the sidelines with the gameplan, knowing he can bring more to the table with more opportunities.

He has been on some terrible Bucs teams so I’m sure the frustration quickly goes away.

If anything I think we should design more plays to get him the ball.

I love Lenny but teams are going to start keying in on these constant check downs to him.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Ummmm… Didn’t Mike address this last year? Mike said he didn’t care about catches b/c the prize is going to the playoffs and possibly as Super Bowl. With the ball spread around, the team went to the playoffs and won a Super Bowl.

Why bring his this crap now? Odd.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Surprised this thread got 28 posts, and I disappointed in myself for being number 29 as I type this

• TCB2W!

Participant

30 posts in the house!

• Jr.3

Participant

Mike said in an interview from sometime this year, that he’s always mad out there. He said it’s just the way he plays. He was smiling when he said it.

• bibfortuna

Participant

I love Mike and I am glad he is on the Bucs.

I thought it was striking that the Fins put X. Howard on AB though (and they paid dearly for it). I would love to see Mike smoke Lattimore out of the game, for once.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He’s roasted Lattimore before. But he has been stymied by him for sure. It’s tough because of a CB1 is known for being a lockdown guy, he’s usually in phase and close to his assignment. So Brady will look over and see the matchup is dicey, and will look elsewhere. Brady is a 3 read QB. To me, he is all ways at least looking at 3 targets before firing, unless it is a quick stick play.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

He’s not a lock for HOF yet like some make him out to be. Certainly not first ballot.

Look at someone like TO.

I’ve said for awhile hes not elite. Above average sure. Borderline top 10-15 atm. Godwin and AB same range.

AB will be a hall of famer.

Evans possibly if he has 5 more productive years.

Godwin to early to tell.

But back on topic damn right hes happy.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’ve said for awhile hes not elite. Above average sure. Borderline top 10-15 atm.

Cool.

So give us 15 receivers better than him, doctor.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I’ve said for awhile hes not elite. Above average sure. Borderline top 10-15 atm.

Cool.

I mean i could make an argument hes #3 on this team. In our division alone id take thomas & ridley over him. If you really want 11 more I got you.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Mike Evans puts up elite numbers. Facts do not matter.

Idiots.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Idiots.

Tom Brady is elite.

Tristian Wirfs is elite.

Evans puts up elite #s? Great.

So do 20 other receivers lol.

Deandre Hopkins is elite.

Devante Adams is elite.

Mike Evans is NOT elite.

Sorry not sorry.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Your crystal ball is a meth induced hallucination. Brush your tooth and pray for Obama care.

I thought I read something about him have a bad attitude during one of the games.

Last game
      Brown 18 targets
      Godwin 5 targets
      Evans 4 targets

I know everyone is always saying the right thing about being a selfless teammate. But do you think it is really aggravating him?

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Lol Boid is big mad because I disagreed with his awful Vaughn take in the other thread.

Just here talking football man, no need to get all crazy.

Go back to obsessing over Trask.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Seven years of 1k screams elite to me. How many tuddies as well

Idiots.

Tom Brady is elite.

Tristian Wirfs is elite.

Evans puts up elite #s? Great.

So do 20 other receivers lol.

Deandre Hopkins is elite.

Devante Adams is elite.

Mike Evans is NOT elite.

Sorry not sorry.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I mean i could make an argument hes #3 on this team.

Cool. Then do it.

In our division alone id take thomas & ridley over him.

Again, cool.

I’ll take the guy who’s statistically outperformed both of them this season, and from a career perspective.

If you really want 11 more I got you.

Well, I’ve already asked you once to give me the list.

Not sure why you’re dragging your feet, doctor.

• Charles

Participant

This 7 straight 1K seasons is being made to be bigger accomplishmanet than it it.

They had to force him teh bacl in the game of the season last year.

He’s goood but not HOF material. Hall of the very good

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I mean i could make an argument hes #3 on this team.

Cool. Then do it.

In our division alone id take thomas & ridley over him.

Again, cool.

I’ll take the guy who’s statistically outperformed both of them this season, and from a career perspective.

If you really want 11 more I got you.

Well, I’ve already asked you once to give me the list.

Not sure why you’re dragging your feet, doctor.

Nfc alone: hopkins. Robinson, theilen, adams, jefferson, kupp, ridley, thomas, brown, godwin.

10. I said top 10-15.

Shall i continue with the AFC?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Robinson and Theilen are not ether than 13. Nope. Neither is Ridley, Or slant boy.

• bibfortuna

Participant

Mike means a lot to the Bucs and is our best receiver of all time. End of story.

I need me some Janoris-style reaming of a top cornerback.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Nfc alone: hopkins. Robinson, theilen, adams, jefferson, kupp, ridley, thomas, brown, godwin.

Hopkins? Sure.
      Adams? Sure.
      AB? I’d give Brown an edge.
      Jefferson? Too early to tell.
      Kupp? Nope.
      Thomas? Nope.
      Godwin? Nope.
      Theilen? Lolz…
      Robinson? You should feel embarrassed.

So, considering you have 3…maybe 4, let’s hear your AFC list, doctor.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Cool.

I mean i could make an argument hes #3 on this team. In our division alone id take thomas & ridley over him. If you really want 11 more I got you.

Lolz

• Biggs3535

Participant

This 7 straight 1K seasons is being made to be bigger accomplishmanet than it it.

I wonder if that’s because nobody’s ever done it, Chuck?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Evans 1 of 1. I guess that’s “pretty good”?

Seriously…some of these bumpkins think they know football? Even objectively he is wrong. Clown take. Delete thread.

I wonder if that’s because nobody’s ever done it, Chuck?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hopkins? Sure.
      Adams? Sure.
      Kupp? Nope.
      Thomas? Nope.
      Godwin? Nope.
      Theilen? Lolz…

Lol @ no kupp. Biased much?

Forgot Metcalf in the nfc as well.

Afc? Hill. Diggs. Chase. Kelce(technically a TE but still a superior pass catcher) keenan allen.

10-15. Easy. Are some debatable? Absolutely. Vea. Brady. Wirfs. These are all top 5 elite players. No question. Evans? Not so much.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Disagree with a lot of this.

Hopkins? Sure.
      Adams? Sure.
      Kupp? Nope.
      Thomas? Nope.
      Godwin? Nope.
      Theilen? Lolz…

Forgot Metcalf in the nfc as well.

Afc? Hill. Diggs. Chase. Kelce(technically a TE but still a superior pass catcher) keenan allen.

10-15. Easy. Are some debatable? Absolutely. Vea. Brady. Wirfs. These are all top 5 elite players. No question. Evans? Not so much.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Lolz @ the Evans haters.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Yeah, I’m bias. I’m biased towards the guy who has higher career per game TD and yardage averages. And, who also has a higher YPC average.

Hill? Sure.
      Diggs? Nope.
      Chase? Way too early to tell.
      Allen? Lol.
      Kelce? Surrender noted.

10-15. Easy.

Whatever you say, doctor.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Lolz @ the Evans haters.

The red board’s resident physician has it on good authority that Mike’s above average.

Lolz…

• Boid Fink

Participant

There is a sticker of that kid pissing on Evans Hater.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Yet another clown take. This dude thinks me for hating on Vaughn, critiques my correct commentary, and then creates dumb ass threads like this.

Mike telling you to suck his ass right about now. All of you clown haters. Arguing to argue. Idiots.

Who says dumb shit like that? And from their own fanbase? What a cancer.

Last game
      Brown 18 targets
      Godwin 5 targets
      Evans 4 targets

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

Like I said earlier. Boid is big mad.

I just mad the point Evans wanted the ball more.

Never said anything about him not being an elite WR.

You get all butt hurt when someone points out your awful take.

Aren’t there kids on your grass you should be yelling at.

Lol Boid is big mad because I disagreed with his awful Vaughn take in the other thread.

Just here talking football man, no need to get all crazy.

Go back to obsessing over Trask.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Looks like the “mad and upset” receiver is having quite the “above average” game.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Perfect! Lolz!

• Charles

Participant

He gave #600 to a fan…wtf

• Shelby T Mitchell

Participant

Now more of a gun ho type kind of WR!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Remember guys, SWARMINGDEFENSE thinks Evans is mad. And not very great. He does think Key Vaughn is a stud though. What an idiot. Drink less. Lift more.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Boid Fink.

• Donkey

Participant

He mad!

• seekpar

Participant

M1K3 got his today!

• Boid Fink

Participant

I love that he literally shoved his foot down his haters throats. Just STFU. He’s a future HOFer. He isn’t regressing and his game is about being very difficult to match up with as a result of his ability to separate over the lid, and his ability to high point footballs with his solid vertical leap.

He is a stud. Now you guys who talked shit bury your heads for a week. No posts for you.

• SwarmingDefense

Participant

When did I say Mike wasn’t good? Go ahead and find the quote and post it.

I’ll wait…

You literally just troll and make stuff up.

You seemed bored and just need something to obsess on. Go back to make 100 Trask threads.

Swarm

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lol first quarter I was like does mike have any catches? He’s a ghost. Shocker.

1 td. Woot. Brady 600.

2 tds. Ok elite type game. Props.

3? Damn. Here to eat crow. He was elite yesterday.

Still a handful of receivers I’d take over him. He does disappear far too often. 2 for 23 last week iirc? It happens to everyone obviously but a lot for him being an “elite” receiver.

Jameis being his qb and us throwing so much certainly make his #s look better. He was our only WR not a jag for awhile before we got godwin. Now some of it is there are plenty of mouths to feed.

I’d love Evans to he a hof as much as anyone. I have roughly $500-1kish of rookie cards/autos/patches of his. Same with godwin.

Is he elite? Close. Hes not in the same breath as a hill hopkins or adams. Never will be.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by DEBUCSOWN.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Evans joined some elite Buccaneers company with his 3 TD games.

Hes done it twice now.

Others? Breshad perriman, morris owens, & jimmie giles.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Is he elite? Close. Hes not in the same breath as a hill hopkins or adams. Never will be.

Here are the career statistics of the three WR’s. Can you tell me which one isn’t elite and doesn’t belong in the same breath as the other two based on these facts and not your inferior opinion?

Player A: 7,312 Yards, 598 Receptions, 65 TD’s, & 12.2 YPC
      Player B: 8,762 Yards, 569 Receptions, 68 TD’s, & 15.4 YPA
      Player C: 10,429 Yards, 780 Receptions, 67 TD’s, & 13.4 YPA (1 extra season)

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

So, went from 15 players to 3 of them.

Surprised to see there’s only 3 “elite” receivers.

Glad we got that figured out.

• bibfortuna

Participant

Chicago was pretty decent in coverage too.

And Mike should run at least 10 go routes every game.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by bibfortuna.
      • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by bibfortuna.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

So, went from 15 players to 3 of them.

Surprised to see there’s only 3 “elite” receivers.

Glad we got that figured out.

Lol not saying hes #4 but plenty are debatable.

Id take jefferson and chase over him in a heart beat.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Here are the career statistics of the three WR’s. Can you tell me which one isn’t elite and doesn’t belong in the same breath as the other two based on these facts and not your inferior opinion?

Thanks for sharing the numbers, you are correct. I think I would define elite being a receiver on a team with 2 other number 1 receivers and a number 1 HOF TE (at least for the past 2 seasons and Godwin as a number 1 receiver since 2017) and still score double digits in TDs, go over 1,000 yards season after season. That YPA for Evans is also incredible.

Wow I was surprised to see that Hopkins only has 2 more TDs than Evans after playing a full extra season and Devante Adams having Aaron Rodgers (indisputably HOF QB) throw to Adams his entire career and being the only number 1 receiver is that far below Evans in stats. Evans was stuck with Jameis for most of his career.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Maybe Mike read this thread before the Bears game.

Quick, let’s post a new one before the Saints game.

• bucshot420

Participant

I wonder if this site will actually post today ?

List of QBs to throw to Mike Evans in his career

Josh McCown
      Mike Glennon
      Jameis
      Fitztragic
      and Brady

With the obvious exception of Brady those other arms are a far cry from anything elite.

As others have mentioned the other receivers have had far superior talent feeding them the ball most of their careers.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He’s so mad.

(Absurd thread needs to be addressed as such)

I am not sure why the wavering confidence in Big Mike, but I am sure a lot of that ha s been out to rest. Bears have a very good secondary, and he was basically the offense. Mike, as someone alluded to, thrives in those deep ball routes. Not the fastest but he usually gets very good separation and his size allows him to track the ball in a way to almost make him indefensible in those situations. He’s such a smooth runner, and I love how strong he is around the end zone.

• m_j

Participant

he was so mad ge gave away that ball :-)

honestly, I’m truly sorry for that guy, he gave a house back

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

What is wrong with this board?

Evans is a WR1. He demands double teams and if he isn’t being double teamed, then he burns you for 3 TD’s. It’s just straight crazy that people forget that we had Vjax taking the brunt of the coverages when Evans was a rookie. Now, Evans is in that Vjax role and taking the double teams so someone else on the team can be open. Why are the few mad Bucs fans and not use any freaking context here that Evans in our lineup makes all of our other receivers (TE’s included) better.

Is this Karen-type nagging what we get when we’ve won a Super Bowl and looking to two-peat? Why TF some people want to be angry all the effing time instead of being in awe of what we’re doing now that we’ve found a QB that can best utilize our passing options?!

We need to close this freaking thread b/c this thread makes no effing sense!!!

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Tom Brady changes more plays at the LOS than most QBs. I’ve noticed before Evans has appeared to run the wrong route, which I attribute to Brady changing the original play at the LOS, and Evans didn’t get it. When Brady detects a blitz and Evans was the ‘hot’ receiver, Evans has been known to not ‘get it’. That was even talked about by the TV announcers. They even mentioned Brady has talked about it; they are working it out. A QB in a ‘hot read’ situation is naturally gonna throw to a guy he trusts to run the correct route, as interceptions of our QB are never good…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by NotDeadYet.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

He does disappear far too often. 2 for 23 last week iirc?

Hopkins
      Week 3 = 3 catches for 21 yards

Hill
      Week 2 = 3 catches for 14 yards

Guess your “elite” receivers didn’t get the message.

• theknees

Participant

Tom Brady changes more plays at the LOS than most QBs. I’ve noticed before Evans has appeared to run the wrong route, which I attribute to Brady changing the original play at the LOS, and Evans didn’t get it. When Brady detects a blitz and Evans was the ‘hot’ receiver, Evans has been known to not ‘get it’. That was even talked about by the TV announcers. They even mentioned Brady has talked about it; they are working it out. A QB in a ‘hot read’ situation is naturally gonna throw to a guy he trusts to run the correct route, as interceptions of our QB are never good…

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by NotDeadYet.

Lolz. This is just stupid.

• BucHarbour

Participant

This thread started with an interesting question, and turned into the most ridiculous line of posts I think I’ve ever seen here. Dude is on his way to 8 straight 1,000+ yard seasons. NOBODY has done 7, much less 8. Just him. And some of you think he’s not elite and not HOF material. OK boneheads. Ask the opposing teams why they keep doubling him and putting their number 1 corner on him all the time. The plays he made yesterday were fantastic, especially the TD when he turned and the ball was already there. Very tough to catch it under that situation, especially with a corner draped all over you and committing a PI that didn’t get called (like it mattered since it was a TD). Mike Evans is already the greatest receiver this team has ever had, bar none. By the time he’s done playing, he’ll likely have a record that will stand for decades, when the extra game is factored in.

Somebody shoot this thread and put it out of its misery.

• Boid Fink

Participant

+1.

This thread is the savory umami missing in these parts. I like the wording, the passion, and objective vantage. God bless this post.

Mike Evans for president. Back to the future reference.

REPLY |
      This thread started with an interesting question, and turned into the most ridiculous line

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hopkins

Hill

Conveniently cut out where I said every reviever has those games.

You sir remind me of the government.

I see your agenda, big fella.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

No agenda.

Just exposing your awful take, doctor.

• Mic

Participant

Sorry to be Debbie downer but Marqui Christian kindle vidor are who evans scored on. This is gonna ruffle some feathers but Lattimore is gonna own his ass Sunday, benching evans this week on fantasy. I hope evans proves me wrong in the biggest way because lattimore has been his daddy.

Ab an elite wr is gonna go off this week though.

• Boid Fink

Participant

So
      Much wrong with this.

AB may not play.

Evans is dealing with Lattimore with a busted hand and he will catch four or five but they will be for big yards or points. Lattimore has been handled by Evans before. You guys have slim
      Memories.

Sorry to be Debbie downer but Marqui Christian kindle vidor are who evans scored on. This is gonna ruffle some feathers but Lattimore is gonna own his ass Sunday, benching evans this week on fantasy. I hope evans proves me wrong in the biggest way because lattimore has been his daddy.

Ab an elite wr is gonna go off this week though.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No agenda.

Just exposing your awful take, doctor.

Oh noes. Im exposed!

Lawl. Lots of people agree with me.

1 game wont change it.

7 years of work speaks for it self.

Hope im wrong! My Evans collection would increase significantly if he is indeed a HOF receiver.

Fingers crossed!

• Biggs3535

Participant

It should, but there are lots of simpletons out there.

Hope im wrong!

I think this has already been clearly established, doc.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I think this has already been clearly established, doc.

I think my favorite part of his horrible take was this gem…

1 game wont change it.

It sure does, doctor. It sure does.

• Mic

Participant

The only game Evans outplayed Lattimore was week 1 fitz vs saints, every other game since has Mike shutdown, 2 yard routes for a td don’t really count if he puts up 2 catches for the game.

If Mike is this “HOF” receiver hes gonna have to beat one the best corners in Lattimore more than 1/9 games. This is why people sleep on Evans and why he is not a known top 5 wr

• BadabingBucs

Participant

The only game Evans outplayed Lattimore was week 1 fitz vs saints, every other game since has Mike shutdown, 2 yard routes for a td don’t really count if he puts up 2 catches for the game.

If Mike is this “HOF” receiver hes gonna have to beat one the best corners in Lattimore more than 1/9 games. This is why people sleep on Evans and why he is not a known top 5 wr

Kurt Warner is a hall of famer

Frank Gore will be in the hall of fame.

If Mike Evans keeps playing like this for another 6-7 years, i dont see how he doesn’t get into the hall of fame

this isn’t baseball where you have to be a generational talent to get in; hall of fame in football is a little more lenient and Evans continuing to rack up 1000 yard seasons and double digit touchdown seasons will get him in there

Winning helps too, get another superbowl win and it’s almost a lock.

Michael Irvin has 750 recs for 11,904 yards and 65 touchdowns in 159 games

Mike Evans has 569 recs for 8,762 yards and 69 touchdowns in 113 games.

• Mic

Participant

Warner was a 2time MVP led 2 different teams to superbowls and led league in passing categories with a few all pros. Warner isn’t the best example.

Gore arguable but so are some these guys I list below.

Boldin, Steve smith, Hopkins, Julio(lock), Fitz(lock), Davante adams, AB(lock), Keenan allen,

These are the guys hes gonna have to beat out and thats without the future star receivers we dont know about yet, J chase who torched Marlon Humphries

If they let Smith or Boldin in then Evans will probably be HOF one day but he’s not yet until he starts beating those elite corners and builds his resume

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

This thread title is beyond cringe. Can y’all let this eye sore go away, please?

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Warner was a 2time MVP led 2 different teams to superbowls and led league in passing categories with a few all pros. Warner isn’t the best example.

Boldin, Steve smith, Hopkins, Julio(lock), Fitz(lock), Davante adams, AB(lock), Keenan allen,

These are the guys hes gonna have to beat out and thats without the future star receivers we dont know about yet, J chase who torched Marlon Humphries

If they let Smith or Boldin in then Evans will probably be HOF one day but he’s not yet until he starts beating those elite corners and builds his resume

Kurt Warner is not hall of fame worthy. He has 1 superbowl win and his numbers were ehh

He got in for doing the extracurricular activities on NFL network, ala why Ronde Barber will get in; why John Lynch got in, and coach Jimmie Johnson, etc.

but the argument to me is more of Evans being a great player and that is why he will get in with the assumption he plays at this level for another 6 years. Most players fall off a cliff once they hit their 30s.

Fitzgerald will be in the HOF before Evans even retires.

Evans will surpass Boldins numbers – 1076 rec, 13,779 yards, 82 touchdowns. . He will also surpass Steve Smith – 1031 rec, 14,731 yards and 81 touchdowns.

Again, this projects that Evans wont break down and continue playing at a high level. Add about 7,000 yards to Evans current numbers along with 60 touchdowns. This would put him in top 5 all time receiving and top 5 in touchdown catches right around chris carter and marvin harrison in the 128-130 range.

he compiles those stats, adds another Superbowl title and no one will care about him getting shut down by a corner here or there.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Hopkins

Hill

Conveniently cut out where I said every reviever has those games.

You sir remind me of the government.

How about this? If you take out the two RIDICULOUS games Tyreek h
      Hill had (like the 1st quarter against us during the regular season) he is averaging 56 yards per game in the other 5.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Kurt Warner is not hall of fame worthy. He has 1 superbowl win and his numbers were ehh

He got in for doing the extracurricular activities on NFL network, ala why Ronde Barber will get in; why John Lynch got in, and coach Jimmie Johnson, etc.

but the argument to me is more of Evans being a great player and that is why he will get in with the assumption he plays at this level for another 6 years. Most players fall off a cliff once they hit their 30s.

Fitzgerald will be in the HOF before Evans even retires.

Evans will surpass Boldins numbers – 1076 rec, 13,779 yards, 82 touchdowns. . He will also surpass Steve Smith – 1031 rec, 14,731 yards and 81 touchdowns.

Again, this projects that Evans wont break down and continue playing at a high level. Add about 7,000 yards to Evans current numbers along with 60 touchdowns. This would put him in top 5 all time receiving and top 5 in touchdown catches right around chris carter and marvin harrison in the 128-130 range.

he compiles those stats, adds another Superbowl title and no one will care about him getting shut down by a corner here or there.

Gore is 3rd all time rushing. AP is 5th. Every running back with more than 12k are in the HoF. They will get in due to yards.

Michael Irvin played in a time where CB could almost mug you on the field. I am sure he would have both played longer and had at least 40% more yards. Compared to rushers, 19 players have more receiving yards than Irvin and are not in the HoF. Hines Ward, Derrick Mason, Jimmy Smith, Irving Fryer, Torrey Holt, Henry Ellard, and Reggie Wayne are among those. Which of these are definitely going to get in at this point?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Ask Hill to block, or run a slot route into traffic, or be as effective a weapon in the RZ as Evans is. Reek is a child beating, woman beating football player with speed. Evans whups him as an NFL receiver behind the woodshed.

Reek is fast. That’s it. Good hands and fast. QB has a cannon.

Evans has a title, has tons of yards, tons of TDs, tons of tough catches in the sideline, tons of explosive downfield plays, tons of proven toughness.

Evans haters just shut the hell up. Arguing just to argue, and losing is like drowning. Stop flailing around and let us help you.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Ask Hill to block, or run a slot route into traffic, or be as effective a weapon in the RZ as Evans is. Reek is a child beating, woman beating football player with speed. Evans whups him as an NFL receiver behind the woodshed.

Evans has a title, has tons of yards, tons of TDs, tons of tough catches in the sideline, tons of explosive downfield plays, tons of proven toughness.

Evans haters just shut the hell up. Arguing just to argue, and losing is like drowning. Stop flailing around and let us help you.

I hope you weren’t including me. I was trying to counter DEBUCSOWN’s dismissal of Hill disappearing. I still think he need 5 more seasons to make it in.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I hope you weren’t including me. I was trying to counter DEBUCSOWN’s dismissal of Hill disappearing. I still think he need 5 more seasons to make it in.

Every receiver disappears. Randy moss. Jerry rice. It happens.

Happens to Evans far more then other “elite” receivers.

Mike has and never will be top 5 at his postion. Is he borderline top 10-15? Absolutely. Hes a WR1, sure. Then again plenty of receivers are. Hell we have 3 of them!

Evans has stayed healthy. If he continues to he will likely be a HOF. Today’s passing league certainly helps his 7 straight 1000 yard seasons. Impressive? Absolutely. How many receivers get 1000 yards a year? Just guessing but 20+?

• Boid Fink

Participant

How many receivers get 1k every year for 7 years straight? Consistency seems to show he indeed IS dependable and regularly is a factor in opposing schemes. Defensive Ends disappear. Sometimes no stats, limited pressures. But receivers like Mike are always taking their best defender and playing with one over the top. You leave him alone he punishes you. That is a stud WR by definition. Mike has been doing it for almost a decade. Can’t argue with that.

Every receiver disappears. Randy moss. Jerry rice. It happens.

Mike has and never will be top 5 at his postion. Is he borderline top 10-15? Absolutely. Hes a WR1, sure. Then again plenty of receivers are. Hell we have 3 of them!

Evans has stayed healthy. If he continues to he will likely be a HOF. Today’s passing league certainly helps his 7 straight 1000 yard seasons. Impressive? Absolutely. How many receivers get 1000 yards a year? Just guessing but 20+?

• Biggs3535

Participant

I would ask you to prove this, as opposed to just saying it over and over despite being shown evidence to the contrary, but I know that would be a fools errand. Some folks just like wallowing in their inferior opinions instead of accepting new information provided to them.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Completely true, especially regarding this site. A lot of old timers aren’t that clever as I am discovering. Evans is a beast. Of all people, we have Buc fans slandering Bug Mike. Stupidity at its finest.

I would ask you to prove this, as opposed to just saying it over and over despite being shown evidence to the contrary, but I know that would be a fools errand. Some folks just like wallowing in their inferior opinions instead of accepting new information provided to them.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I would ask you to prove this, as opposed to just saying it over and over despite being shown evidence to the contrary

Oh, I already gave him samples.

I’ve got plenty more.

But, then again, this is the same good doctor who said Allen Robinson was better.

L…O…L…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I would ask you to prove this, as opposed to just saying it over and over despite being shown evidence to the contrary

Oh, I already gave him samples.

I’ve got plenty more.

But, then again, this is the same good doctor who said Allen Robinson was better.

L…O…L…

Honesty just far too lazy to prove anything lol.

Hes playing at an elite level this year. Hope he keeps it up!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Also Brady is BIG for Evans HOF case. How many potential HOFers have missed out due to no ring/losing teams?

Having 1(hopefully 2) rings will help evans tremendously. Just needs to stay healthy!

Go Bucs!

• Boid Fink

Participant

Evans is a beast. Nuff said.

• Biggs3535

Participant

That happens a lot to folks with opinions that they aren’t able to back-up.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

That happens a lot to folks with opinions that they aren’t able to back-up.

And potheads who have nothing to prove nor cares what complete strangers think!

Go Bucs!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

And potheads…

think Allen Robinson is a better receiver than Evans.

Such a great doctor you are.

Please don’t ever leave us. You’re the best entertainment left on these boards.

• theknees

Participant

All-time Bucs

Brooks, Sapp, Evans. He’s never been mad his entire career in Tampa. Dude is everything you want from a football player.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

He’s never been mad his entire career in Tampa.

Exactly.

Though, it was most telling him mentioning that last season was his favorite.

Finally having a real QB. A real leader on the field and in the locker room. Finally experiencing playoff games. And, capping it off with a Lombardi.

His latest interview talking about the last 2 seasons being the greatest of his life were quite telling.

Dude is stoked.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

And potheads…

think Allen Robinson is a better receiver than Evans.

Such a great doctor you are.

Please don’t ever leave us. You’re the best entertainment left on these boards.

It’s sure up for debate. As is most WR1s.

This year isnt as close as prior years.

Take off your bucs hat for a second.

If robinson was on tampa and evans was on Chicago this would be a different discussion I can promise you that.

• Biggs3535

Participant

If robinson was on tampa and evans was on Chicago this would be a different discussion I can promise you that.

Probably not, and your promises are valid as your medical analysis.

Here are the career statistics of the four WR’s, three of whom started in 2014. Can you tell me which one isn’t elite and doesn’t belong in the same breath as the other two based on these facts and not your inferior opinion?

Player D: 6,249 Yards, 480 Receptions, 40 TD’s, & 13.0 YPC

FFS dude, quit embarrassing yourself.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Probably not, and your promises are valid as your medical analysis.

Here are the career statistics of the four WR’s, three of whom started in 2014. Can you tell me which one isn’t elite and doesn’t belong in the same breath as the other two based on these facts and not your inferior opinion?

Player D: 6,249 Yards, 480 Receptions, 40 TD’s, & 13.0 YPC

FFS dude, quit embarrassing yourself.

Lawlz @ embarrassing myself.

Oh noes strangers on the interwebz are judging me! Woe is me.

Fuck off clown. Im just here to talk the bucs. Nothing more Nothing less.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Lawlz @ embarrassing myself

On the reg…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lawlz @ embarrassing myself

On the reg…

Opinions are like ass holes..everyone has one.

Wisb this board still had the ignore feature. Yawn.

• Biggs3535

Participant

All opinions aren’t created equal. Some folks know what they are talking about and others don’t. Facts tend to weed out the folks with inferior opinions, as we’ve seen in this discussion – at least the ones with any modicum of shame.

And then there’s you.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

It’s sure up for debate.

Lol.

Both started their NFL careers at the same juncture.

Evans has over 2,500 more yards and nearly 30 more TD’s than Robinson.

Through 7 seasons, Evans has eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark every season. Robinson has done it 3 times.

So, no, there isn’t a debate on who’s better, doctor.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

All opinions aren’t created equal. Some folks know what they are talking about and others don’t. Facts tend to weed out the folks with inferior opinions, as we’ve seen in this discussion – at least the ones with any modicum of shame.

And then there’s you.

You know me so well, huh?

My opinion differs then yours so im automatically wrong or stupid.

Internet bullies are the most insecure pussies there are. Congrats.

Viewing 116 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.