Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• The Anomaly

Participant

It was a topic on morning radio earlier in the week and I can’t help wondering if it is close to the truth.Concussions have already led to lower participation(and it is trending downward) in kids football.  Now it seems like the NFL is trying to go "yearly" with its media cycle.  Moving the draft and spreading out different things like schedule, etc.  Adding extra games to Thursday?The tipping point is going to 14 playoff teams.  No way can I support this as a fan.  Seven teams from each conference is basically HALF.  What is this the freaking college bowl system where everyone goes to a bowl game?Over-saturation is a real word here folks.  Too much NFL?  It is coming.  They might be asking that golden goose to produce too many eggs.  I never thought I would say anything close to this but MORE playoff teams is total BS.  That would be the NFL "jumping the shark" for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree. Hate the idea of adding games, as well. Starters won’t be making it through the season very often.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. They have a long way to go before the “tipping point”.  Its still the most popular sport in the USA, by a longshot. Have you seen the attendence at baseball games? Expansion is a real option too. If they were in trouble, they would be talking about dumping some non revenue producing teams instead of expansion.  They could put a team in Mexico City next season, and draw 100K plus to EVERY home game there. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NBA is growing and has done a significantly job of expanding its brand overseas. Also a lot cheaper without the injury stigma for children to pick up. Goodell is going to run this league into the ground. He’s basically just a modern day ginger roman emperor

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NBA is growing and has done a significantly job of expanding its brand overseas. Also a lot cheaper without the injury stigma for children to pick up. Goodell is going to run this league into the ground. He's basically just a modern day ginger roman emperor

They [the NBA] have screwed up their draft system big time. They are drafting young kids number 1 in the first round, that have no business going pro. They are so raw, they end up sending the #1 pick in the draft to the D-league. Its crazy.  But this is another subject for another day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. They have a long way to go before the "tipping point".  Its still the most popular sport in the USA, by a longshot. Have you seen the attendence at baseball games? Expansion is a real option too. If they were in trouble, they would be talking about dumping some non revenue producing teams instead of expansion.  They could put a team in Mexico City next season, and draw 100K plus to EVERY home game there.

You're missing my point entirely.  The NFL is much too profitable to go out of business and I never said anything close to that.  I'm saying that overexposure is going to peak the sport out in the near future.  The ratings could decline massively and it would still be the most popular sport.  You aren't understanding what I am saying at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disagree. They have a long way to go before the "tipping point".  Its still the most popular sport in the USA, by a longshot. Have you seen the attendence at baseball games? Expansion is a real option too. If they were in trouble, they would be talking about dumping some non revenue producing teams instead of expansion.  They could put a team in Mexico City next season, and draw 100K plus to EVERY home game there.

You're missing my point entirely.  The NFL is much too profitable to go out of business and I never said anything close to that.  I'm saying that overexposure is going to peak the sport out in the near future.  The ratings could decline massively and it would still be the most popular sport.  You aren't understanding what I am saying at all.

Well, your use of the phrase "tipping point"  implies something much more deadly than declining ratings.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The owners have much more advanced numbers about the trends than we do. It’s possible they see an inevitable decline and are trying to suck as much money out as they can before it happens.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Injuries are the issue. Survival which is functionally random is to much of a factor at 16 games, at 18 it gets even greater. The league would become too much of a last man standing type affair rather than best team.  It’ll also be a brutal trek for rookies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, your use of the phrase "tipping point"  implies something much more deadly than declining ratings.

Fair enough...I'm thinking more along the lines of peaking in popularity here in the US.  You'd think we'd support games Monday through Sunday because of its "popularity".  I'm saying at some point it will max out and I think they are getting close.  There's no way a seventh team deserves a playoff spot at all.  None.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The owners have much more advanced numbers about the trends than we do. It's possible they see an inevitable decline and are trying to suck as much money out as they can before it happens.

I like this line of thinking but look at all the CSI's and NCIS's...sucks as much as you can as fast as you can.  Geographic loyalty though plays a part in sports so I'm not sure how that would factor in but the NFL seems like they are really trying for cash grabs right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NBA is growing and has done a significantly job of expanding its brand overseas. Also a lot cheaper without the injury stigma for children to pick up. Goodell is going to run this league into the ground. He's basically just a modern day ginger roman emperor

They [the NBA] have screwed up their draft system big time. They are drafting young kids number 1 in the first round, that have no business going pro. They are so raw, they end up sending the #1 pick in the draft to the D-league. Its crazy.  But this is another subject for another day.

That is so incredibly inaccurate

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and no, more playoff games just means more money and more tv viewership

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I think the rumors of it’s demise are greatly exaggerated I do think Goodell should let things happen a little more organically.  Everything is starting to feel like a product, shrink wrapped and handed to us the fans for consumption. It has it’s positives but it also takes some of the fun away from the game.  I’m a fan and will be for the foreseeable future but I dont need a team in London or turning the combine into a reality show.  Goodell needs to put the brakes on a little bit IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look up Anthony Bennett. The #1 pick in the draft last year IIRC.  He never was all that at UNLV, gets picked #1 and is so fundamentally bad, he got sent to the D-league.  Not blaming him, its the system that is whacked.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look up Anthony Bennett. The #1 pick in the draft last year IIRC.  He never was all that at UNLV, gets picked #1 and is so fundamentally bad, he got sent to the D-league.  Not blaming him, its the system that is whacked.

The NBA needs to adopt the baseball way...straight to the pros or 3 years at a school.  The issue is there are only 13 roster spots on an NBA team.  Plus there's overseas leagues now that players get drafted from.  It is almost impossible to make an NBA team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He never went to the D-League and he was pretty good in college. 16 pts and 8 reb per game while shooting 53% from the field and 37% from 3 is really good for a power forwardThe "problem" is there are 11 players for 30 teams in the NBA, not 50+ players for 32 teams like the NFL. NBA players have longer careers, there is less room on rosters for players, and there are fewer positions. That means that finding a rookie who is better than the 2 people a team already has at a certain position is extremely rare, and why only a handful of rookies from each class end up being successful picks.The NBA, like the NFL, likes prospects to be younger so they can develop them in their own terms. 2013 was an unlucky year for the NBA Draft for multiple reasons: The top prospect blew out his ACL, ended up going 6th. The 2nd prospect defied the general consensus and returned to school for his sophomore year. So in a system that already produces a low amount of impact players just due to the sheer difficulty of making a career in the NBA, the top two players are effectively removed. At the end of the day, Anthony Bennett is a 21 year old playing behind two people who are already better players than him. So, no the NBA Draft system is fine. Its just way, way harder to make an impact as a rookie or even as a player in the NBA than it is in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason attendance at baseball games is so low is because MLB oversaturates its schedule. Who the hell is going to go to 162 games a season?? Not to mention those games are played sunday thru saturday. Most people have things to do other than tagging along behind their favorite team everyday of the week. You see, the ritualistic nature of going to football games (or watching those games on TV)  on Sundays, over the years, has become an American tradition and that tradition is what has made the game so great. It was cool when the networks came out with Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football, as those programs usually showcased the game of the week, but I think the general consensus is that the whole Thursday Night Football thing is getting to be a bit much.... I mean, does anybody actually watch every TNF game? I would say that the average football fan does not watch that program unless they are a football junkie or are a fan of whatever team happens to be playing that night..... And now the NFL wants to expand into Tuesday, Friday and Wednesday nights? Of course, the move will initially generate more dollars but I fear that the cost of doing so will be an upward trend of apathy. Just my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He never went to the D-League and he was pretty good in college. 16 pts and 8 reb per game while shooting 53% from the field and 37% from 3 is really good for a power forwardThe "problem" is there are 11 players for 30 teams in the NBA, not 50+ players for 32 teams like the NFL. NBA players have longer careers, there is less room on rosters for players, and there are fewer positions. That means that finding a rookie who is better than the 2 people a team already has at a certain position is extremely rare, and why only a handful of rookies from each class end up being successful picks.The NBA, like the NFL, likes prospects to be younger so they can develop them in their own terms. 2013 was an unlucky year for the NBA Draft for multiple reasons: The top prospect blew out his ACL, ended up going 6th. The 2nd prospect defied the general consensus and returned to school for his sophomore year. So in a system that already produces a low amount of impact players just due to the sheer difficulty of making a career in the NBA, the top two players are effectively removed. At the end of the day, Anthony Bennett is a 21 year old playing behind two people who are already better players than him. So, no the NBA Draft system is fine. Its just way, way harder to make an impact as a rookie or even as a player in the NBA than it is in the NFL.

Ya my bad, I just checked and although everyone in the league thought it was a good idea, including Bennett and his agent, they never actually pulled the trigger on the move. But missing his first 16 shots as a NBA player had to have them considering it.  LOLThose numbers you posted on him in college, are from the Big West though. Not exactly a power conference in NCAA basketball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason attendance at baseball games is so low is because MLB oversaturates its schedule. Who the hell is going to go to 162 games a season?? Not to mention those games are played sunday thru saturday. Most people have things to do other than tagging along behind their favorite team everyday of the week. You see, the ritualistic nature of going to football games (or watching those games on TV)  on Sundays, over the years, has become an American tradition and that tradition is what has made the game so great. It was cool when the networks came out with Sunday Night Football and Monday Night Football, as those programs usually showcased the game of the week, but I think the general consensus is that the whole Thursday Night Football thing is getting to be a bit much.... I mean, does anybody actually watch every TNF game? I would say that the average football fan does not watch that program unless they are a football junkie or are a fan of whatever team happens to be playing that night..... And now the NFL wants to expand into Tuesday, Friday and Wednesday nights? Of course, the move will initially generate more dollars but I fear that the cost of doing so will be an upward trend of apathy. Just my opinion.

Can't disagree with any of that really.  I am 27, and can't sit through a 9 inning baseball game. And I think fans younger than me, are even less likely to attend.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was a topic on morning radio earlier in the week and I can't help wondering if it is close to the truth.

My apologies for hijacking your thread with NBA talk, it was unintentional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a good topic.  Not that they are going into a rapid decline but I do believe they are at or near their peak.  An NFL game on TV doesn’t seem special any more.  More playoff games, more Thursday night games, 18 games schedules, teams in London and TV coverage of everything related to the NFL is going to hurt instead of help.The NFL is bound and determined to triple their revenue over the next 10 years.  Any large, established organization that attempts to do that is asking for trouble.  Too much of a good thing eventually leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  Slow steady growth would serve them better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was a topic on morning radio earlier in the week and I can't help wondering if it is close to the truth.

Don't mind at all.  A lot of their marketing strategies are similar.  The drafts are not though.  NFL has it right.  Baseball is close.  I don't think the NFL will be able to push their 24/7 agenda on the fans.  I for one will lose some respect for the sport if they add another playoff team.  That's stupid. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a good topic.  Not that they are going into a rapid decline but I do believe they are at or near their peak.  An NFL game on TV doesn't seem special any more.  More playoff games, more Thursday night games, 18 games schedules, teams in London and TV coverage of everything related to the NFL is going to hurt instead of help.The NFL is bound and determined to triple their revenue over the next 10 years.  Any large, established organization that attempts to do that is asking for trouble.  Too much of a good thing eventually leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  Slow steady growth would serve them better.

The NFL earns multiple billions of dollars per year.... why the hell do they need to triple their revenue?? Greedy greedy greedy ass people.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't mind at all.  A lot of their marketing strategies are similar.  The drafts are not though.  NFL has it right.  Baseball is close.  I don't think the NFL will be able to push their 24/7 agenda on the fans.  I for one will lose some respect for the sport if they add another playoff team.  That's stupid.

Well go ahead and start your buffer period because, according to Goodell, a playoff expansion is "without question" going to be implemented within the next year or two.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For the NFL to be toppled off the perch, something has to replace it. What, the NBA? Maybe with the urban communities but its hardly a mainstream. The NFL Network’s Schedule Release show actually challenged an NBA playoff games in ratings and won in many major markets. Baseball? Have you seen the stands at those games? They complain about the Rays but its widespread. Hockey? It will always be Canada’s sport.The NFL's formula is simple - they give you a bevy of games from Thursday-Monday that you can schedule your weekend around. They do it for 17 weeks, then have playoff games. It's very television friendly and people continue to watch in droves.Are there less kids playing football? Perhaps that's true - but considering that very few individuals are ever good enough to play in the NFL anyway, I'm not sure that's as much of a detriment to the league as it is to youth football programs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a good topic.  Not that they are going into a rapid decline but I do believe they are at or near their peak.  An NFL game on TV doesn't seem special any more.  More playoff games, more Thursday night games, 18 games schedules, teams in London and TV coverage of everything related to the NFL is going to hurt instead of help.The NFL is bound and determined to triple their revenue over the next 10 years.  Any large, established organization that attempts to do that is asking for trouble.  Too much of a good thing eventually leaves a bad taste in your mouth.  Slow steady growth would serve them better.

The NFL earns multiple billions of dollars per year.... why the hell do they need to triple their revenue?? Greedy greedy greedy ass people.

Why? Really? Because it's a business. You try to grow your business and earn more revenue. That's what having a business is all about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard that baseball is returning to “urban” areas because of the salaries, longevity, and health.  Athletes are athletes and the data supports a shift to baseball.  You won’t see it now or in five years but long term?  Expect it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard that baseball is returning to "urban" areas because of the salaries, longevity, and health.  Athletes are athletes and the data supports a shift to baseball.  You won't see it now or in five years but long term?  Expect it.

I love the game but you can stick a fork in baseball. It's not about what demographic is playing it, it's that we have evolved past the viewership.  We can't dedicate that kind of time to something as slow paced as baseball.  Soccer stands a better chance of improved ratings and league play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard that baseball is returning to "urban" areas because of the salaries, longevity, and health.  Athletes are athletes and the data supports a shift to baseball.  You won't see it now or in five years but long term?  Expect it.

I love the game but you can stick a fork in baseball. It's not about what demographic is playing it, it's that we have evolved past the viewership.  We can't dedicate that kind of time to something as slow paced as baseball.  Soccer stands a better chance of improved ratings and league play.

When the next wave of players brains turn to mashed potatoes, I'm pretty sure you'll see some staggering numbers.  Participation is down for 3-4 straight years in youth football.  The NFL has been suppressing concussion data for years(kinda like big tobacco).  It is a matter of when not if...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? Really? Because it's a business. You try to grow your business and earn more revenue. That's what having a business is all about.

You are right, its a business.... Already one of the most lucrative businesses on this planet. Past tense. They have already grown.... all the way up to their potential. All of us can already see that. Their strategy to get even bigger is going to result in a **CENSORED**ty product which they will try and force feed to the fans, who are the ones truly responsible for the league's prolific reign over the sports world.At this stage of success, a business should be focusing on consumer satisfaction and public relations, not growth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are facing a few serious threats to the game. Such as brain injuries. And they are doing their best to correct all that. With the new safety rules. And I am not a big fan of mid week games, Sun-Mon is good, and maybe a few Saturday games late in the season. And I would hate to see the playoffs diluted to where most everyone gets in. It makes the reg season pointless. They have done a good job eliminating Ryan Leaf type contracts. So, sure they are facing a few probs, but I think they will handle them. Like they have everything else that comes along. It may not be the perfect sport, but who is going to de-throne the NFL?Baseball?Basketball?Futbol?Hockey?Please.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NFL is sort of limited to the US market. And it’s struggling to break out of that. The sport doesn’t have the presence internationally that other American sports like baseball, hockey, or basketball have. They keep talking about putting a franchise in Europe, but there are obvious logistical problems with that. They can restart a developmental league, but that’s not going to bring in much profit and might even be a loss for awhile.There is really not many places for them to grow. And if you go to the games, you can tell they've maxed out. I mean they are resorting to having fans being able to order cheerleaders to come to their seats.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NFL is sort of limited to the US market. And it's struggling to break out of that. The sport doesn't have the presence internationally that other American sports like baseball, hockey, or basketball have. They keep talking about putting a franchise in Europe, but there are obvious logistical problems with that. They can restart a developmental league, but that's not going to bring in much profit and might even be a loss for awhile.There is really not many places for them to grow. And if you go to the games, you can tell they've maxed out. I mean they are resorting to having fans being able to order cheerleaders to come to their seats.

Yet, it's the most successful league in the US by a long shot. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This years superbowl broke the record for most watch TV event in US History, it was a blow out. We’re getting more and more coverage simply because we are demanding it. In the day and age were stupid azz “reality” shows are flooding the market, football is real and not scripted. Everything that has the NFL logo attached to it has an amazing number of people watching and interested. The league may one day saturate the market, but until then, they’ll keep giving us more and more until we stop watching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not calling for the league to dissolve tomorrow.  I’m saying that here in the near future the popularity is going to max out.  Everything does.And being the most watched show while being the most populous the country ever has been...sounds pretty DUH to me.  That's like saying a movie from 2014 GROSSED the most ever.  No shit.  Ticket prices are more than ever.Percentage of the overall share of households tuned into an event or program is a better gauge.  I bet the SB is still very high.  But we're not talking about the Super Bowl.  I am talking about the oversaturation of the rest of the year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not calling for the league to dissolve tomorrow.  I'm saying that here in the near future the popularity is going to max out.  Everything does.And being the most watched show while being the most populous the country ever has been...sounds pretty DUH to me.  That's like saying a movie from 2014 GROSSED the most ever.  No **CENSORED**.  Ticket prices are more than ever.Percentage of the overall share of households tuned into an event or program is a better gauge.  I bet the SB is still very high.  But we're not talking about the Super Bowl.  I am talking about the oversaturation of the rest of the year.

The real question is: What's the max? It's only a small part of non US countries so do you include world max or just US max? I'm pretty sure the league knows the US is doing what it wants hence why they are focused on international growth. There's really no end in sight there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

thanks for tha dsend post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the NFL remains at the status quo financially – no owner is going to complain and the fans won’t either.  People need to put their Malcom Gladwell books down for a minute and realize that the game isn’t going anywhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not calling for the league to dissolve tomorrow.  I'm saying that here in the near future the popularity is going to max out.  Everything does.And being the most watched show while being the most populous the country ever has been...sounds pretty DUH to me.  That's like saying a movie from 2014 GROSSED the most ever.  No **CENSORED**.  Ticket prices are more than ever.Percentage of the overall share of households tuned into an event or program is a better gauge.  I bet the SB is still very high.  But we're not talking about the Super Bowl.  I am talking about the oversaturation of the rest of the year.

Look up the nielsen ratings. The worst game of the weekend still gets better numbers than the best game of the weekend in any other sport. Hell, the crapfest probowl gets better rankings than baseball and basketball playoff games for crying out loud. The numbers keep going up which means people are still watching. Football Sunday is becoming an event rather than a TV show.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NBA needs to adopt the baseball way...straight to the pros or 3 years at a school.  The issue is there are only 13 roster spots on an NBA team.  Plus there's overseas leagues now that players get drafted from.  It is almost impossible to make an NBA team.

3 years at a school is not "the baseball way".  College baseball players can leave at any point in school and it is not uncommon for a senior to have been drafted every year since graduating high school. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

3 years at a school is not "the baseball way".  College baseball players can leave at any point in school and it is not uncommon for a senior to have been drafted every year since graduating high school.

You sure that that's the current rule?

Question:What are the basic eligibility rules contained in the High School, College or Junior College Rules in Major League Rule 3? Answer:High School -- Generally, only those high school students in the United States or Canada who have exhausted their eligibility to participate in high school athletics are eligible for selection. College -- Generally, a student at a four-year college is eligible after completion of their junior year or if the student is at least 21 years old.Junior College -- All junior college students are eligible for selection. The applicable Major League Rules are more specific than this general answer. Players with specific questions about eligibility should consult a Major League scout or Office of the Commissioner of Baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/faq.jsp

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You sure that that's the current rule?

Question:What are the basic eligibility rules contained in the High School, College or Junior College Rules in Major League Rule 3? Answer:High School -- Generally, only those high school students in the United States or Canada who have exhausted their eligibility to participate in high school athletics are eligible for selection. College -- Generally, a student at a four-year college is eligible after completion of their junior year or if the student is at least 21 years old.Junior College -- All junior college students are eligible for selection. The applicable Major League Rules are more specific than this general answer. Players with specific questions about eligibility should consult a Major League scout or Office of the Commissioner of Baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/faq.jsp

Then one of two things happened...they changed that a few years back or there are loopholes galore.  I know for a fact in the early 2000's that a few of the baseball players at our school were drafted repeatedly throughout our living together in the athlete dorms.  Now, I dont get much into the MLB draft since it seems like a stress test gone haywire so it could have changed but I know it was that way not too long ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wrong.  Honestly...you need to do some research.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wrong.  Honestly...you need to do some research.

3 years at a college is still not necessarily "the baseball way" as you put it.  There are multiple roads they can travel to get there even if the rules have changed to where a university player has to hit his 3rd year or be 21.  I know for a fact guys I lived in the dorms with got drafted their freshman and sophomore years...but honestly dont care enough about the MLB draft to find out when things changed or what loop holes were used.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look up the nielsen ratings. The worst game of the weekend still gets better numbers than the best game of the weekend in any other sport. Hell, the crapfest probowl gets better rankings than baseball and basketball playoff games for crying out loud. The numbers keep going up which means people are still watching. Football Sunday is becoming an event rather than a TV show.

Numbers keep going up because our population is going up.  I would venture that more people watch because there are MORE freaking people.  I'm not saying that the NFL hasn't increased in popularity because it has.  I'm saying that eventually it will plateau and possibly decrease.  That doesn't mean going out of business or not be profitable.  Football Sunday?  You're making my point btw.  When they start showing games 4-5  days a week does Football Sunday mean as much?  When you start oversaturating the market with your product at some point the public's belly is full.  I'm sorry you can't grasp this. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Numbers keep going up because our population is going up.  I would venture that more people watch because there are MORE freaking people.  I'm not saying that the NFL hasn't increased in popularity because it has.  I'm saying that eventually it will plateau and possibly decrease.  That doesn't mean going out of business or not be profitable.  Football Sunday?  You're making my point btw.  When they start showing games 4-5  days a week does Football Sunday mean as much?  When you start oversaturating the market with your product at some point the public's belly is full.  I'm sorry you can't grasp this.

Nielsen ratings are based on percentages, not absolute numbers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I totally agreed that the NFL has been increasing in popularity for a long time.  The whole point of this thread is at what point does is max out?Am I typing English here?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At some point...everything hits a point to where there is over saturation.  The more they tweak and play with the formula, the closer they come to potentially killing the cash cow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The NFL is sort of limited to the US market. And it's struggling to break out of that. The sport doesn't have the presence internationally that other American sports like baseball, hockey, or basketball have. They keep talking about putting a franchise in Europe, but there are obvious logistical problems with that. They can restart a developmental league, but that's not going to bring in much profit and might even be a loss for awhile.There is really not many places for them to grow. And if you go to the games, you can tell they've maxed out. I mean they are resorting to having fans being able to order cheerleaders to come to their seats.

Mexico City?It has a couple advantages over London.  Same time zones as the US.  And Mexico City has a great stadium that holds more than 100k fans. And I think they would fill it every Sunday or Monday night for a NFL game.

Please wait…

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.