Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Robert Griffin III's locker is full of superhero action figuresBy Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.comMay 5, 2014 3:09 pm ETrg_zps097da21b.jpgRobert Griffin III loves him some superheroes. (Instagram)After a forgettable 2013 season, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III gets a fresh start under new coach Jay Gruden. Also helping him along the way: His five favorite superheroes, who will greet him every time he goes to his locker. "This is what I will see everyday when I walk to my locker," RG3 wrote on Instagram. "This is what my teammates expect out of me and what I expect out of them. #KnowYourWhy #Ambition @wale @redskins."We'd like to imagine that just out of camera shot is an action figure of Mike Shanahan dressed up as the the Joker.Sports Bog notes that Griffin's affinity with action figures isn't a new thing, though the Redskins quarterbacks' tastes have changed over the years. From a 2012 Associated Press story:The Washington Redskinsopened their locker room to reporters for the first time Tuesday, revealing an RGIII cubbyhole with six figurines, including Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, an extra-muscular version of Captain America and, of course, a Baylor Bear.Underneath each figurine is a slogan. Spider-Man is ”Amazing.” Others include ”Conquer Every Obstacle,” ”Sacrifice” and ”Army Strong.” The bear, a nod to his college team, gets a simple ”BU.” The Hulk is so large he's on a shelf by himself, accompanied by the words ”Be Unstoppable.”Here's the thing: As long as the Redskins win, nobody cares what RG3 keeps in his locker. If they stumble to two wins, this is all we'll be talking about come December.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok.. to each is own I guess..

• majbodoh

Participant

Doesn’t bother me. He seems to be a pretty level headed guy. If this is one of the things he’s interested in off the field, then it’s one thing that does no one any harm. If they only win two games I don't see how what he keeps in his locker will be of any importance. I suppose they could say he's immature, but if he sucks on field, then that is more down to his preparation, training and performance on field to what he keeps in his locker.

• Anonymous

Inactive

SO what if he has some action figures in his locker? What would they rather him have? The decapitated heads of 6 hookers?

• Anonymous

Inactive

SO what if he has some action figures in his locker? What would they rather him have? The decapitated heads of 6 hookers?

Well this escalated quickly

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the decapitated heads would show that he was a type A personality and a real leader of men willing to be the face of a franchise. That is a man who is goal driven, not afraid to grab someone by the facemask (or hair) and let them know what he wants an there are consequences if if you don’t.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This movie quote comes to mind."When you win 20 in the show, you can let the mold grow on your shower shoes and the press will think you're colorful.  Until then, it just means you're a slob."

• Anonymous

Inactive

This hurts his street cred….

• Anonymous

Inactive

that’s for kids.  real men QBs behave like this:[img width=327 height=400]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm6foFQIUAA0gkx.jpg:large[/img]

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good scout would see competition at LS…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the decapitated heads would show that he was a type A personality and a real leader of men willing to be the face of a franchise. That is a man who is goal driven, not afraid to grab someone by the facemask (or hair) and let them know what he wants an there are consequences if if you don't.

Yup. Any QB who doesn't have decapitated hooker heads in their locker is definitely not Type A, and definitely can't lead a football squad....

• kenminio

Participant

I mean, he’s no Marv Albert. To each their own.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its strange IMO. Does he also wear his spiderman underoos to bed?He is a good player if he can stay healthy. But the Skins gave up WAY to much to get him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the labeling under each puts it over the top

• Anonymous

Inactive

With as much biotching going on about manziel, I bet 2/3rds of you thought this thread title was about him. Lol.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have a DT, who ia kind of into the same thing, I think……. its better than having a player who is interested in nothing but drinking/drugs.

• dalbuc

Participant

I see no problem in it.  Its his personality.  The question is how do his teammates feel about it?  I understand what he is doing, but do his teammates see it as a way of communicating with a 5 year old and trying to get a point across or what?  The guy is still young he does stuff like this with his party sleeve, socks and all that stuff.  He will laugh about it in the future.  Personally I would have Voltron in my locker…lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccoy loves him some little mermaid.But I doubt he has "action figures" of the show in his locker.I'll poke fun about it, but it's really not a big deal. Now, if he was a bronie... completely different. Cut his ass.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now, if he was a bronie... completely different. Cut his ass.

Hey, who knew we'd finally see eye to eye on something!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now, if he was a bronie... completely different. Cut his ass.

Hey, who knew we'd finally see eye to eye on something!

Hallelujah!No, seriously..those people totally creep me the hell out. It's worse than those crazy old cat-ladies in every neighborhood, or Mormons..

• Anonymous

Inactive

What *IS* appropriate behavior for men running around in spandex playing a game that kids play?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mccoy loves him some little mermaid.But I doubt he has "action figures" of the show in his locker.I'll poke fun about it, but it's really not a big deal. Now, if he was a bronie... completely different. Cut his ass.

He is also into comic books and stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if he did own action figures, but he probably doesn't.

• Anonymous

Inactive

that's for kids.  real men QBs behave like this:[img width=327 height=400]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm6foFQIUAA0gkx.jpg:large[/img]

Lol...  and are smart enough to not let a pic like this out in public for his new employer to see.

• Anonymous

Inactive

that's for kids.  real men QBs behave like this:[img width=327 height=400]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bm6foFQIUAA0gkx.jpg:large[/img]

Lol...  and are smart enough to not let a pic like this out in public for his new employer to see.

That girl has an ass like a 14 year old boy. Not impressive.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.