Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/is-this-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-lovie-smith-in-tampa/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know what started the beginning of the end.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know what started the beginning of the end.

being brought off his couch was a good start to the beginning of the end.Lovie should have been left on his couch to rot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes.  And I am not overreacting.  The game has passed him by.  Lovie is washed up.  This is his 17th game here.  He’s coached how many games?  And this is the product he puts on the field.The guy hasn't done anything of note in almost a decade.  Inexcusable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you Scott.  I hope the local media really asks Lovie tough and specific questions about his scheme this week.  I would really like to know what we wanted to take away from their offense going into the game, and how we planned to do it.  I would like Lovie to be asked specific questions about how he was thinking of adjusting in game, and what changes he did make and at what point(s).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well SR, I have to give it to you, I didn’t think you would call out Lovie like that. Since Lovie has been here, this place has had the feel of the Lovie Public Relations puppet.  You just put that to bed.  Kudos and Thank you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who knows really. What I can say is that when Winston was drafted, the entire staff was put on the clock. If Winston fails, we’ll clean house and start over again. I would imagine Winston will get three years to succeed or fail.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is even more screwed if Lovie can’t put it together and gets canned.He'll be getting a new HC, new OC, new QB coach and a new offense to learn. All after his ROOKIE year.Ouch.Zero continuity for the young guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who knows really. What I can say is that when Winston was drafted, the entire staff was put on the clock. If Winston fails, we'll clean house and start over again. I would imagine Winston will get three years to succeed or fail.

Lovie, Licht, and Winston are joined.  When L & L go, the new HC has to be allowed to choose his own QB, whether Winston is still on the roster or not.  Three years?  No way he gets into year two if the siege continues.

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

tumblr_n291q6GwAu1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not a Winston fan… but, that game was lost before he even took his first snap.  Lost in the hype.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I’m not sure who was worse on Sunday – Lovie Smith the head coach or Lovie Smith the defensive coordinator.”  -SRDon't forget Lovie Smith the personnel head honcho.  The guy who decided on 3 FA busts over a perennial pro bowl CB.  The guy who will always be known for choosing Winston over Mariota. They were all 3 impactful in the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tough to say.  The D closed out last year pretty strong but nothing carried over.  Was that the result of the other 2-14 team having MM and not us?  They had an embattled coaching staff too.  The 12 penalties are on coaching.The offense added Dirk which should have been a plus, but they also added Smith, Marpet, and the off the charts disaster in Winston, which most of us knew were all REALLY bad moves.  Then throw in injuries to Dotson and Evans, and you had the makings of a terrible group.  Lovie is not the answer.  I was a fan but he has lost me.  The combination of Lovie and Winston simply wont get it done in this league.  I think we all know that now.  Can Lovie, and see if the Bucs can pull a Trent Richardson and dump him on someone before they know he is hot garbage?  But can you trust a FO/ownership group to pick a new coach when they have so clearly whiffed on every big decision they have made since 2003? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not a Winston fan... but, that game was lost before he even took his first snap.  Lost in the hype.

Thats true, but we were lead to believe Winston was the real deal.  MM could have picked apart the Bucs for 60 yesterday, so the game was lost just by having him playing against us.  The problem I have was the one thing Winston was supposed to possess - we knew he wasnt very athletic, and his release was horrible - but he was the guy teams rallied around and played at max effort for.  I wanted to see a 2nd half where he made a real effort to gut it out and make it interesting.  The results speak for themselves.  He is Leftwich.  That's what we thought he was, and thats what he is. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I’m not sure who was worse on Sunday – Lovie Smith the head coach or Lovie Smith the defensive coordinator."  -SRDon't forget Lovie Smith the personnel head honcho.  The guy who decided on 3 FA busts over a perennial pro bowl CB.  The guy who will always be known for choosing Winston over Mariota. They were all 3 impactful in the game.

Thats so true.  We gave up Revis and MM and wound up with a ton of dead cap space and Winston.  Ouch. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is even more screwed if Lovie can't put it together and gets canned.He'll be getting a new HC, new OC, new QB coach and a new offense to learn. All after his ROOKIE year.Ouch.Zero continuity for the young guy.

He'll get zero sympathy from me. Glennon is on his 2nd HC, 3rd OC, 3rd QB coach and 3rd offense to learn in 3 years and the haters declared him unfit for purpose almost immediately without thinking about the continuity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is even more screwed if Lovie can't put it together and gets canned.He'll be getting a new HC, new OC, new QB coach and a new offense to learn. All after his ROOKIE year.Ouch.Zero continuity for the young guy.

Its a Bucs life. And we wonder why we have never had a franchise QB. Those only seem to develop on stable teams. I can see how everyone would be down on Lovie right now because I am myself for the first time questioning how we could be so stale and unprepared out there. Or......the defense could have even been overprepared to the point of thinking instead of reacting. It sure looked like that to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was so easy to see that Winston was a project QB even in college, he has awful foot work and his accuracy is not very good at all, why is this such a surprise to everyone?? I don’t get it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The defense was extremely unprepared for what the titans offensive gameplan. It honestly looked like the Buc defenders were having new plays sprung on them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn’t a fan of Lovie being hired originally but accepted it and hoped for the best. He still has not shown anything that would indicate there is hope for the future. I can’t recall the team seeming to make adjustments to the game plan when it’s not working or to try and take away what is working for the other team during a game. I can’t recall a game outside of the Washington game last year where the team looked prepared (I put this one more on the dismal Washington team than on Lovie’s coaching). There’s nothing I can point to that I can think of where I can say Lovie has improved this team from the team he took over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He'll get zero sympathy from me. Glennon is on his 2nd HC, 3rd OC, 3rd QB coach and 3rd offense to learn in 3 years and the haters declared him unfit for purpose almost immediately without thinking about the continuity.

Way to completely miss the point.Like it or not, WINSTON is the QB of this team. A young QB with zero continuity because of constant turnover is not something that tends to lead to success.Again, if Lovie cannot get this shit together, he will be gone and Winston will be put behind the eight ball even more so than a young QB already is...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If this season is anything close to last year, it should be over for Lovie. This trash product he trotted out on defense is 100% on him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope its the ending of the ending.Lovie needs to be fired to make an example to the next coaching staff. Just say no to incompetence!Let him rack up the losses, and when he does, fire him. Tampa bay apparently DID need schiano, because the "improvement" has been clownshoes.He made me put up with a season of mccown/glennon, and now this? Wtf was he doing, instead of training these guys? Did he not say he had practiced for the titans all offseason? I hope that was another lovie lie.Bears fans were right, it was a piss-poor choice and the glazers should be publically whipped for it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/is-this-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-lovie-smith-in-tampa/

"Siege the day? Smith’s Buccaneers were sieged, seized and slaughtered by the Titans. Even if they weren’t “Tennessee-ready” no one in Tampa Bay saw that pathetic attempt at football coming."Someone on these boards can correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't exactly true.  The "jerk off" and "douche" that I've been called by many, was because I've been saying that this exact thing is happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way to completely miss the point.Like it or not, WINSTON is the QB of this team. A young QB with zero continuity because of constant turnover is not something that tends to lead to success.Again, if Lovie cannot get this (censored) together, he will be gone and Winston will be put behind the eight ball even more so than a young QB already is...

And you missed the point too. We already have no continuity, in the fact we keep changing everything. In 3 years another young QB on this team has had 3 different OCs, we are currently heading for potentially year 4 with a new HC/OC etc if Lovie fails. Like it or not, if Lovie goes a new coach may well get rid of Winston and move on. This isn't something new for this team, it's another mark against the owners and FO. We cannot develop anyone because we never give anyone a chance. I don't see it being any different with Winston if Lovie gets canned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes.  And I am not overreacting.  The game has passed him by.  Lovie is washed up.  This is his 17th game here.  He's coached how many games?  And this is the product he puts on the field.The guy hasn't done anything of note in almost a decade.  Inexcusable.

Agree 100%

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not a Winston fan... but, that game was lost before he even took his first snap.  Lost in the hype.

Thats true, but we were lead to believe Winston was the real deal.  MM could have picked apart the Bucs for 60 yesterday, so the game was lost just by having him playing against us.  The problem I have was the one thing Winston was supposed to possess - we knew he wasnt very athletic, and his release was horrible - but he was the guy teams rallied around and played at max effort for.  I wanted to see a 2nd half where he made a real effort to gut it out and make it interesting.  The results speak for themselves.  He is Leftwich.  That's what we thought he was, and thats what he is.

Curt, I respect you as a poster, but how many rookie QB debuts have you actually seen? What Winston did out there was pretty normal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good of SR to call Lovie out, but how on earth did he not call out our turd of a GM as well? This is exactly what happened with Raheem and Schiano. PR going for the head coach’s head, but giving the GM’s a pass. My guess is it’s because the GM’s are the ones pedaling info to the media, including PR, so they don’t want Mark Dominick or Jason Licht to get fired. If that's true, PR is getting the raw end of that deal because going all in on Jameis Winston and ramming that pick down our threats (probably because Licht and the Bucs were ramming it down the media's throats) is making PR and a lot of other local media look pretty stupid today. And my biggest concern with PR going all in on Winston was that even when dude played poorly, it would mean PR defending him in an effort to defend themselves and the stance they took all offseason long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boohoo, the pitchfork is already out. Too late. Bye lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Lovie goes he needs to take Licht with him. He’s making Mark Dominik look like a HOF GM.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully the Glazers interview more than one coach this time

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If they don’t bring in an offensive coach after this…. good bye! They won’t have me to disappoint any more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it’s not then it should be. There have been far to many games under lovie to were we don’t even look like we’re a professional team. His defense continues to get lit up doesn’t matter if your a vet,rookie,back-up,backups backup(Austin Davis,is he still even in the league?) They all shred it. No one has gotten better since lovie has got here. Verner was all pro now he sucks, lavonte made plays when schiano coached him now all he does is get tfl which he did then also, McCoy is the same,vjax same, eds was a decently c in green bay sucks now. Countless mistakes. O and I didn't get to releasing Penn trading zuttah releasing Revis for nothing. Signing mccown (lol) Johnson (lol) and Collins(who is out of football and didn't even get bought in for a look by any team) btw these guys were all STARTERS LAST YEAR!! lovie sucks. He should be fired if he doesn't get this to work this year and if he gets blown out 1 more game just fire him directly after and start over. This is ridiculous I'm tired of wasting my (censored)ing Sundays on this (censored) to a team that can't even compete half the time getting blown out first quarter. Can't justify spending my time and energy and money watching this crap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It has to be the beginning of the end, although I suppose he could turn it around.  Given the current record and the play yesterday that seems unlikley

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just give him another year, they said.He didn't have an OC, they said.He inherited a $h*t roster, they said.The defense started to look better last year, they said.How many more excuses will we allow Lovie Smith to get away with? How much more of this Mickey-Mouse bull$h*t will we have to put up with before the Glazers (who bear ultimate responsibility for this $h*tshow) get out of this franchises way? I wish I could say yesterday's results were a shocking development, but the truth is this is about what I expected from the head coach who never seems to run out of excuses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really is easy.  Fans vote with their wallets.  Although some here might call us not real Buc’s fans, well they can suck it.  I will continue to watch every Buc’s game for this year and beyond, regardless if Lovie is fired or not.  But I will not be buying any jerseys or other merchandise and certainly not going to any games in person until this thing is fixed.  I’ll be using the money instead on large quantities of alcoholic products that help me tolerate the performances.It sure would be nice if it could happen, but I just don't see Lovie coaching a competitive team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It really is easy.  Fans vote with their wallets.  Although some here might call us not real Buc's fans, well they can suck it.  I will continue to watch every Buc's game for this year and beyond, regardless if Lovie is fired or not.  But I will not be buying any jerseys or other merchandise and certainly not going to any games in person until this thing is fixed.  I'll be using the money instead on large quantities of alcoholic products that help me tolerate the performances.It sure would be nice if it could happen, but I just don't see Lovie coaching a competitive team.

and the part in bold is why Lovie is REALLY on the hot seat.  The Glazers had a fairly crowded stadium, largely owing to the Bucs' new 1st round pick. Winston struggled, but Lovie's awful defense was an even bigger disappointment.  That combination combined with last season has to put Lovie in the crosshairs of the owners. There's still time for him to turn it around, but not sure he could do it.  Again, that was HIS defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Raheem Morris was a bust…he just didn’t do well for whatever reason.  Greg Shiano was a quick decision hire, and an even quicker exit...he never stood a chance, but I blame the ownership for not putting him in a position to succeed.  Lovie Smith is thought to be a well thought out decision by the ownership, but again, I never saw this.  They bring a guy in with a resume that has not changed one bit here in Tampa...just gotten worse.So in the end I blame the ownership...for being too quick to pull the gun on Schiano and not thinking things through on Lovie.  It's a Bucs Life.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Shiano was a quick decision hire

No he wasn't - we interviewed 10 coaching candidates. He was hired 3 weeks after Raheem was let go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everything about this team sucks. The coaches, the players with the exception of a couple, the media who shoved Winston down our throats and the fans who have been nonexistent since we won the Super Bowl but to give the fans benefit of the doubt why support such a god awful team that is so consistently bad? Don’t blame them anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you guys remember chip jelly turned us down before we hired shiano.  I wanted Marty shottenheimer for the hire( who we interviewed).  We had a franchise coach and we fired him after going 10-6 when Monte decided to walk mid season and replaced him with the DB coach.  This is how basement dwellers are built.  If Lovies lads get blown out in NO we should fire him immediately.  I think all of us feel a bit foolish for being upbeat about the season.  I am not saying Winston is a bust after one game because if we had Mariota and the Titans had Winston there probably would have been a very similar outcome due to our coaching staff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you guys remember chip jelly turned us down before we hired shiano.  I wanted Marty shottenheimer for the hire( who we interviewed).  We had a franchise coach and we fired him after going 10-6 when Monte decided to walk mid season and replaced him with the DB coach.  This is how basement dwellers are built.  If Lovies lads get blown out in NO we should fire him immediately.  I think all of us feel a bit foolish for being upbeat about the season.  I am not saying Winston is a bust after one game because if we had Mariota and the Titans had Winston there probably would have been a very similar outcome due to our coaching staff.

I was worried when we drafted him. Hate an i had hashed it out quite a few times.But my worry was more about him standing on a table screaming obscenities, or the rape case come back to haunt him, not because he was a bad qb.He wasnt better then Marcus either, so that was another reason. Imo, winston was a lot like freeman, but with a better team to help him out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Scott, where does Licht fit into this clusterfudge?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will end him unless he finds a way to win at least 7 games this season.It may end the Bucs (move them somewhere) if this product keeps sucking.    Our fans are mostly casual and will be lost unless they win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It will end him unless he finds a way to win at least 7 games this season.It may end the Bucs (move them somewhere) if this product keeps sucking.    Our fans are mostly casual and will be lost unless they win.

They sliced their own neck. It has nothing to do with fans.And good, they can get their sh1tty ass team out of my backyard. Thats our stadium, not the glazers, so it would have another team. Team come in, or be inserted when they add those two other teams.I imagine a smart group would use the tax advantages to help and create, unlike the glazers, who own other venues more important than the bucs.See ya glazers! Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. Or, better yet, aloha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you guys remember chip jelly turned us down before we hired shiano.  I wanted Marty shottenheimer for the hire( who we interviewed).  We had a franchise coach and we fired him after going 10-6 when Monte decided to walk mid season and replaced him with the DB coach.  This is how basement dwellers are built.  If Lovies lads get blown out in NO we should fire him immediatelyI think all of us feel a bit foolish for being upbeat about the season.  I am not saying Winston is a bust after one game because if we had Mariota and the Titans had Winston there probably would have been a very similar outcome due to our coaching staff.

If???? Drew Brees will have a field day next week as he always does. Know why? Because we'll still run this joke defensive scheme w/o a passrush and wonder why guys are so wide open.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We had a franchise coach and we fired him after going 10-6 when Monte decided to walk mid season and replaced him with the DB coach.

The Gruden hurt is strong my friends

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tennessee had a good game plan and they executed it. When was the last time someone said that about the Bucs? 2003?Of course it's the fault of the Glazer boys. Raheem, Schiano, Lovie... Those dopes don't know a thing outside of slumlording and soccer.

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

Give me Kevin Sumlin please. Offensive minded coach whose system turned Johnny Manziel into a 1st round draft pick.

Please wait…

• meadorsp

Participant

And this just in from the front steps of OPB…

2685111-an_angry_mob.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me Kevin Sumlin please. Offensive minded coach whose system turned Johnny Manziel into a 1st round draft pick.

Not with Winston here.  I'd rather it be someone from the Packers organization or possibly Todd Haley.  Maybe Pete Carmichael or  Josh McDaniels.  Yeah, I know all the hub-bub around McDaniels and Haley, but neither will be picking their QB or shipping anyone out.  Haley managed to get Matt Cassel into the playoffs.  McDaniels managed to have average offenses with Kyle Orton as his QB.This offense has weapons.  They need someone who can coach them in the right direction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We had a franchise coach and we fired him after going 10-6 when Monte decided to walk mid season and replaced him with the DB coach.

The Gruden hurt is strong my friends

Gruden had his flaws, but wouldn't you rather have Calvin Johnson than Gaines Adams too?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i so HATE that we missed out on Arians, geezus!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was a joke that he wasn't even interviewed here

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Same. That guy is awesome.

Please wait…

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.