Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

A hidden possession receiver gem for this team? Is he just waiting to show case his talents as a major 3rd down receiver? I think he is ready to shine.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He’s buried on depth chart that contains future HOFers. He has talent as we have all seen.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Him and miller could both be #2 or #3s on other teams.

We truly have one of the deepest WR cores in league history.

I’d put our top 3(4 if you include gronk) vs any trio or foursome in league history as well!

• garfield

Participant

Dude was an amazing college receiver, it’s not surprising at all. He will be another Godwin type steal, it’s baffling how he fell so far.

• BucBit2

Participant

That catch was unbelievable

• Watchman

Participant

Such a clutch, difficult, catch. At such a critical moment in the game too.

He also had a nice block on a run in the 1st half.

The dude is buried on the depth chart, and it is unfortunate, but he clearly has the talent and a bright future.

Godwin has struggled that last two games, but I think he has the skill set to be the best WR in the league. I am hopeful Johnson can be a solid #2.

At a certain point contracts will force the Bucs to make decisions on the apparent embarrassment of riches at the WR position. Good to know they have a talented young WR on the roster already.

• TBChucky

Participant

TJ will get his chances next season. Especially if Brown leaves.. I’m confident we have a gem with him!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Hes looked pretty good when given a chance. If ab has trouble going we need to give him some more opportunities. Good player.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

A hidden possession receiver gem for this team? Is he just waiting to show case his talents as a major 3rd down receiver? I think he is ready to shine.

I wouldn’t say hidden, but rather buried. It was exacerbated when he was injured during pre-season. He has talent to be a possession receiver because of his hands, attitude for winning the ball, and route running.

It took Godwin a while to get to where we think he’s a consistent WR2 because he was sheltered by Evans and Djax.

Dude was an amazing college receiver, it’s not surprising at all. He will be another Godwin type steal, it’s baffling how he fell so far.

A 6’1, 205 lbs possession receiver with no burst nor speed? It isn’t uncommon for talent like this to fall through the cracks because teams are looking for WR2 gems. In my 4-round mock without trades, I had selected Johnson at the bottom of the 4th round with pick 139. He went in the fifth round at pick 161.

To add more context, WR Justin Watson is 6’3, 216 lbs, and had a 4.42/40-yd time at his pro day. We drafted him in the 5th round, pick 144. Watson is taller, bigger, and faster than Johnson, but Watson played in the Ivy league. Penn isn’t known for developing NFL players nor is it’s competition.

What makes Godwin, Miller, and Johnson steals was the fact they where sheltered when they came in. This allowed them to develop at their pace. Under former HC Koetter, we went full vertical offense and that required having competent WR’s. In collecting so much WR talent, that’s what intrigued Brady to come to Tampa. We’re fortunate enough to have AB to fill in at WR2 spot so as not to rush Johnson. So far, we’ve hit on 2 out 3 later round WR’s between Watson, Miller, and Johnson.

• G.O.A.T. Pellets

Participant

As I said when we drafted him this kid has Chris Godwin written all over him…No traits that jump off the page but a high level of game intelligence, 100% effort and the heart of a lion.

I am a scared to say it but this is the guy that could make Chris G expendable morning if we’re cash strapped.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He doesn’t have that dog in him like Godwin has.

As I said when we drafted him this kid has Chris Godwin written all over him…No traits that jump off the page but a high level of game intelligence, 100% effort and the heart of a lion.

I am a scared to say it but this is the guy that could make Chris G expendable morning if we’re cash strapped.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

You know that special place in your heart where Jurevicius is for that catch & run he made vs Philly? TyJo is now in that same place for me.

• RW

Participant

Him and miller could both be #2 or #3s on other teams.

We truly have one of the deepest WR cores in league history.

I’d put our top 3(4 if you include gronk) vs any trio or foursome in league history as well!

I’ll take Johnson over Miller. Johnson is going to be a top 2 receiver on some team ; great hands and runs great routes. Miller is a speed guy that takes advantage of weaker coverage. I just don’t see Miller competing for and winning 50/50 balls like Johnson.

• deltdave

Participant

He has also been an excellent blocker. He’s had some huge blocks coming in motion and almost acting like a fullback in certain plays. He’s extremely physical.

• seekpar

Participant

I look for Johnson to take AB’s spot next season. Chances are that AB cashes in with another team. TB can’t afford AB with Evans and Godwin getting the high dollars at the WR position, and Johnson will still be on his rookie contract.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

TJ will get his chances next season. Especially if Brown leaves.. I’m confident we have a gem with him!

Brown will be here as long as bradys here. Book it.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You know that special place in your heart where Jurevicius is for that catch & run he made vs Philly? TyJo is now in that same place for me.

Yes sir!

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.