Monday, August 19, 2019

Is Winston worth 5 years 150 million?

This topic contains 104 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Roy May. 26, 2019 at 2:23 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)
  • Author

GameTime
    Participant

you cant honestly sit there and tell me you would say “give me 20mil when the offer is 30mil” . it would be foolish of you especially in a sport where you’re 1 snap away from retirement

I can honestly say I’d take the 20 mil deal.  I’d just get more guaranteed.  Plus endorsement money flows much more freely when you play for a winner, due to having cap space to pay for more quality/quantity.

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

Bootz2004
    Participant

you cant honestly sit there and tell me you would say “give me 20mil when the offer is 30mil” . it would be foolish of you especially in a sport where you’re 1 snap away from retirement

I can honestly say I’d take the 20 mil deal. I’d just get more guaranteed. Plus endorsement money flows much more freely when you play for a winner, due to having cap space to pay for more quality/quantity.

You’re an idiot then.

+2
    Rating: -2. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

GameTime
    Participant

You’re an idiot then.

Never denied that.  But when I only bought 1 car, 1 watch, 1 house I’d probably end up ahead of the guy making the 30 mil.  Plus with the guaranteed money and the better roster I’d enjoy the game much more.

But I understand your attitude, gotta get yours.

+4
    Rating: +3. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

buc_boi
    Participant
    But y’all is right, I’m just making shit up.

We know, dipshit.

We know…

Now you’re saying Winston wasnt on the field… Lol

ADG at it again.

Weaker than you in a gym.

Still waiting on how many picks he threw to Lattimore that game.

So strange how you keep ducking that question.

More of your metal gymnastics, I see.

To skip through your usual bullshit, yes; injured Jamies ran out onto the field.

Thanks for eating some more of my shit, ADG. Hope its taste, has to be for you to keep coming back for more.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

DonkeyHunter
    Participant

Metal gymnastics, eh?

It’s cute watching you try to sound like you have a clue. Simply adorable.

Can’t wait to see your reaction when Winston signs his 2nd contract with the Bucs.

I’m sure it’ll be a combination of tears and Kotex.

+2
    Rating: -1. From 5 votes.
    Please wait...

buc_boi
    Participant

Metal gymnastics, eh?

It’s cute watching you try to sound like you have a clue. Simply adorable.

Can’t wait to see your reaction when Winston signs his 2nd contract with the Bucs.

I’m sure it’ll be a combination of tears and Kotex.

Here you are eating more of my shit, can’t help yourself can you, 5%er?

Why don’t you go sleep it off, old timer.

+3
    Rating: +2. From 4 votes.
    Please wait...

Bootz2004
    Participant

You’re an idiot then.

Never denied that. But when I only bought 1 car, 1 watch, 1 house I’d probably end up ahead of the guy making the 30 mil. Plus with the guaranteed money and the better roster I’d enjoy the game much more.

But I understand your attitude, gotta get yours.

Being a minimalist doesn’t make you a martyr. Ironically it makes you more selfish than the guys who get theirs. If you’re in a position to command top dollar but turn it down you’re hurting the next guys chances to get his. Market value starts to decrease as a result. Then again that might be your MO.

Rating: -3. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

GameTime
    Participant

Martyr? No one is trying to die.   And not sure Herm was speaking of a minimalist lifestyle, just slightly more responsible.

Just the idea that surrounding oneself with the best team possible might be a better route than just trying to stuff your bank account.   I can see where you think that is selfish though.

+2
    Rating: +1. From 3 votes.
    Please wait...

tog
    Participant

If Winston pushes for a contract like that he is saying money is important and I’m fine with playing on a losing team. One of the reasons that New England has won so many super bowls is that Tom Brady has not demanded to get paid what he’s truly worth. If Winston get his $150 million…he’s ready to eat a lot of “L”.

i guess Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers are gonna eat a lot of L’s too. Dak , Wentz, Goff, Mahomes as well

i get where you’re going but Brady is the only QB in the league taking team friendly deals like that. hes also not hurting for money and happens to have a wife that makes more in a year than him which is extra crazy

im not gonna fault a guy for trying to cash in, theres no reason not to try to set yourself up for life while you can. it is what the market is and the QB salary has become incredibly bloated

On top of which you need the GM to actually do a good job with those cap dollars. It’s all well and good to leave money on the table, but if you sign Anthony Collins and Michael Johnson and Chris Baker…

You just took money off your families plate and gave it to Chris Baker. Congratulations.

+1
    Rating: +1. From 1 vote.
    Please wait...

BP1
    Participant

Sometimes these threads make me a little homesick. They remind me of family discussions during the holidays at the dinner table. lol

+6
    Rating: +6. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

dexmonkey
    Participant

If Winston pushes for a contract like that he is saying money is important and I’m fine with playing on a losing team. One of the reasons that New England has won so many super bowls is that Tom Brady has not demanded to get paid what he’s truly worth. If Winston get his $150 million…he’s ready to eat a lot of “L”.

i guess Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers are gonna eat a lot of L’s too. Dak , Wentz, Goff, Mahomes as well

i get where you’re going but Brady is the only QB in the league taking team friendly deals like that. hes also not hurting for money and happens to have a wife that makes more in a year than him which is extra crazy

im not gonna fault a guy for trying to cash in, theres no reason not to try to set yourself up for life while you can. it is what the market is and the QB salary has become incredibly bloated

On top of which you need the GM to actually do a good job with those cap dollars. It’s all well and good to leave money on the table, but if you sign Anthony Collins and Michael Johnson and Chris Baker…

You just took money off your families plate and gave it to Chris Baker. Congratulations.

absolutely correct

this is why i laugh whenever anyone brings up Winston’s W/L record.  if the team around you is shit and your GM cant draft or sign FA’s to save his life……………youre gonna have a bad time

+2
    Rating: +2. From 2 votes.
    Please wait...

buc_boi
    Participant

absolutely correct

this is why i laugh whenever anyone brings up Winston’s W/L record. if the team around you is shit and your GM cant draft or sign FA’s to save his life……………youre gonna have a bad time”

It’s posts like these that make me scratch my head, are we even watching the same games?

You say “GM can’t draft or sign fa’s to save his life”, how did vita vea(rookie draft pick) and JPP(FA acquisition) turn a decade long weakness(our DL) into a strength? Thanks Jason

You say “the team around Winston is shit”, yet that shit offense was ranked 3rd… Not too even mention DeSean Jackson, who was a free-agent pickup was the perfect piece added for this offense that your hero quarterback could not use. Never mind the fact that his backup 34 year old had no issues using DeSean Jackson.

So why you’re blaming everyone else under the sun, but the one guy who touches the ball every offensive snap, is beyond me.

+2
    Rating: -2. From 6 votes.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

First question.

Were did the $150,000,000 number come from?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Havok904
    Participant

The headline sounds scarier than it actually is. If the Bucs continue to structure contracts like they have done in the past, it’s essentially a two year prove it deal with a heavily front loaded contract. If Winston doesn’t work out, he can be cut with minimal dead money.

“With Winston, the Bucs will likely have to guarantee two years, although those figures will again be voidable in case of off-field incidents. He’ll likely get a large upfront roster bonus of $15 million or so to go with an $8 million base salary in 2020, then a $26 million base salary with a $7 million roster bonus for the 2021 season. The Bucs would be able to move on from Winston without any dead money at that point if the former top selection doesn’t live up to expectations on the field.”

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Bootz2004
    Participant

First question.

Were did the $150,000,000 number come from?

5 year deal, $30mil APY. $30mil is about the average rate for new QB contracts.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.