Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

This dude is the biggest bust of all-time. I’m not sure he even gets another shot now.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Not of all time…but his head isn’t in the right place clearly.

The man needs serious help, this is a cry for it.

• Bucman

Participant

You can’t help someone who doesn’t want it and he very clearly doesn’t. This was the best spot for him with his former coach being there.

• buc_boi

Participant

Context?

I mean I could just google dudes name

• creamsicles

Participant

I hope he used his year one money to buy a house with no debt. I don’t want to see anyone homeless and he appears on a path of very bad decisions that will eventually impoverish him.

I hope the young man matures from this experience.

• Greattimes

Participant

Read on ESPN where Wilson was late to a team appointment and didn’t participate in activities that Wilson had agreed to before the trade. A quote from the Forrest Gump movie would be appropriate.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

His career is done.

• obuc

Participant

He has had every opportunity to change and be a part of something bigger than himself.

Im going to google him now and see if that previous sentence made any sense.

• seekpar

Participant

Poor guy. He needs to get another chance.

Now I will also Google him to find out why this was posted in the first FN place. SMH

• seekpar

Participant

I take it back, he’s had enough chances. What a FN idiot.

• Roy

Participant

He’s obviously a jackwagon. But he was a 1st round pick for a reason, and none of the prospect evaluations red flagged him for character issues. We brought Antonio Brown in here. I’m not against bringing the guy in for the minimum. It would be a longshot and he’d probably be gone in a week, but this team has good leadership and it wouldn’t be a threat to the team chemistry. The upside is that he has the potential to be a starting offensive tackle at a high level.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

But he was a 1st round pick for a reason, and none of the prospect evaluations red flagged him for character issues.

Prospects today are well trained in giving interviews. That’s why it’s important to talk to other people in that prospect’s circle.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I would bring him in. Linemen as talented as him don’t grow on trees. He needs to realize that if he keeps it up with his lackadaisical attitude he won’t last long in this league.

League minimum with no guarantees but with bonuses for meeting certain milestones. That way if he keeps being lazy, you can cut him before the end of camp without losing a dime.

• JC5100

Participant

Guess you didn’t see the video of him dancing on top of his car shirtless in front of a jewelry store.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

I would bring him in. Linemen as talented as him don’t grow on trees. He needs to realize that if he keeps it up with his lackadaisical attitude he won’t last long in this league.

League minimum with no guarantees but with bonuses for meeting certain milestones. That way if he keeps being lazy, you can cut him before the end of camp without losing a dime.

Isn’t that what the Dolphins did already? If we do it, then that’s enabling his actions won’t harm him.

If you don’t learn from the past (even recent past), then it’s bound to repeat.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

OK. Maybe to the practice squad if no one picks him up at the end of camp

• BucsSavant

Participant

He is, simply put, a shit bird. Wouldn’t touch him. Doubt anyone will.

• BucsFan83

Participant

I honestly don’t know his situation, but it sounds pretty bad from what you guys are saying. I looked up to see how young he was. I think this would be a case where he is young enough that I would put a book mark on him. Maybe being out of the league for a bit might shake help put his head on straight. I’d probably look him up after the draft or next year and see if he’s changed, then roll the dice.

• dexmonkey

Participant

I wouldn’t waste any time on this kid. He’s a complete and total fuckup and a real loser. He has NFL talent and doesn’t want to even make an attempt at having a career. You can’t work with someone who doesn’t even want to help himself

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I was talking about this with a few buddies and what better place for him to get straightened out by the GOAT and no Nonsense BA… he needs help and I think this veteran team can provide that for him.

• seekpar

Participant

Nope. Can’t push a rope. He needs therapy first. Once he’s made progress and got his head on straight, he might be worth a shot from some team. Doubt he has the smarts and the guts to do that though.

• Kermit56

Participant

As Will Compton tweeted, “Some dudes just aren’t about that life of being a pro athlete. Would rather have the life than live the life.”

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

You gotta live it and put in the work in order to have it.

I still think he’s worth a shot if he’s willing to take the veteran minimum with bonuses and no guarantees.

• TCB2W!

Participant

He did his work in college to get paid. He got 5 mill for his first season. He probably decided he worked enough. Maybe he never had the passion and wanted to get that first mill.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He needs help. He is disrespecting his employers by not even giving any consideration or notice. Simply out he is t trustworthy at all at this point because he CLEARLY has mental issues going on (like theknees does). He needs to get his head straight and figure out if he loves football, or just likes it. Until then he is clearly not worth a second thought. He helps himself and perhaps teams will roll the dice. Till then he is worthless.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Id only take a risk on him for a league minimum or practice squad contract.

Hes been a major fuck up.

Though if anyone can turn him around, it’s Brady.

Hes uber talented. Low risk high reward move potentially.

• Biggs3535

Participant

This guy was a Red Board GM favorite, iirc.

• JC5100

Participant

You don’t remember correctly. You’re mixing up with Andrew Thomas. There was very little separating Thomas, Becton, Wills and Wirfs but I felt we had to trade up because they wouldn’t be there at 14 and that’s exactly what happened.

Wirfs is the best but he also went to the easiest situation: playing RT for a vet QB vs the others playing LT for young QBs.
        If we couldn’t get one of those 4 I wanted Josh Jones on Day 2.

Pretty sure I had them ranked
        1. Thomas
        2. Becton
        3. Wirfs
        4. Wills
        Drop off
        5. Jackson
        6. Jones

• seekpar

Participant

Just saw on espn this guy was arrested for multiple offenses after a high speed chase in Georgia back in January. Clearly a real winner in life.

• Boid Fink

Participant

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

He desperately needs a mental health checkup.

This was back in January before he was traded. I’m surprised it’s surfacing now. What evidence are they sifting through??

• Boid Fink

Participant

He needs help badly. CTE? Mental health? Both? They need to evaluate him fir his own sake.

• JC5100

Participant

And Biggs make sure to post all of your 2021 draft rankings.

• Biggs3535

Participant

JC5100 wrote:

And Biggs make sure to post all of your 2021 draft rankings.

Absolutely. I talk about draft prospects all of the time, Mr. Red Board GM. Not sure how you miss it. Probably too busy getting paid to make football decisions.

If it wasn’t Wilson, who was the UGA OL you were gushing over recently? I’m not talking about Thomas, there was another one.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.