Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 40 reply threads

• Author

• MarineBuc

Participant

It is nice to see a player figure out how to lay the lumber and do it without getting a penalty. I really like the upside on this guy!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It is nice to see a player figure out how to lay the lumber and do it without getting a penalty. I really like the upside on this guy!

I agree...we the intimidation factor back there...WR's develop alligator arms real quick...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Laying the wood, liked what I saw last night!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, I’m liking what I’m seeing out of DJ so far. Not only did he have that nice hit, but he also did a good job of getting to the sideline and breaking up that one deep ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eifert is definitely not feeling well today after that hit to the ribs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

great camera angle of eifert grimmacing on way back to huddle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He plays so angry. Hair on fire. Looks murderous out there. I effing love it!!

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

Yeah, he was grimacing quite a bit walking back to the huddle, that was a perfect bone jarring hit by DJ. I loved that, and add mentioned above the PBU on another play out there in left field. I also saw him make at least one ST tackle too. I definitely think he's earned some extra playing time, and probably with the 1's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If someone told you 3 years ago that our starting Safeties in 2015 would be DJ Swearinger and Bradley McDougald you’d call them crazy. Too bad we wasted a ton of money and a high pick on Barron Goldson.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, he was grimacing quite a bit walking back to the huddle, that was a perfect bone jarring hit by DJ. I loved that, and add mentioned above the PBU on another play out there in left field. I also saw him make at least one ST tackle too. I definitely think he's earned some extra playing time, and probably with the 1's.

It’s funny because after the special teams tackle I thought about how the Texans fans tried to say he was a head case diva because he refused to play special teams. And he denied it and there he was bringing a guy down on special teams in the open field…tough titties for the Texans. Their loss, our gain. He is playing tough. Great pickup. And live his attitude. "Football is football". He doesn't care about the system he is in. He just wants to bust plays up. Break hearts. DJ is growing on me, and I think he completes the three levels of defense. McCoy and the DTs up front are the best in the league as a collective. The linebackers are a strength of the team and they play like titanium Ferraris. The secondary is getting to their landmarks with less confusion. Hopefully it is a continuing growth we see, and the takeaways start coming. Need defensive end help. Still not sold on that group.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wright, McDougald, Swearinger, and even Tandy all played well last night. Safety play was the best it’s been in a while and depth is not a bad thing!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…and thanks to the DL for doin their job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was impressed with him last night, starting with the special teams tackle after reading that he refused to play ST in Houston. Good for us for a change.The hit on Eifert was old school Bucs. We've missed the physical presence for a long time on this defense. I really like him and McDougald together in the defensive backfield.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte is definitely getting cut. Its going be tough if they have to cut a safety. Major Wright would probably be the odd man out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If someone told you 3 years ago that our starting Safeties in 2015 would be DJ Swearinger and Bradley McDougald you'd call them crazy. Too bad we wasted a ton of money and a high pick on Barron Goldson.

If he keeps his head straight, we got an outstanding duo in him and McDougald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent hit on Eifert to prevent a touchdown. There’s something to be said about the only guy in the NFL to cause Peyton Manning to get a taunting penalty. 8)http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24684665/peyton-manning-fined-8200-for-taunting-dj-swearinger

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It looks like Lovie is molding a defense we can enjoy and be proud of.By the way, I think?? Lovie is 3rd among active coaches in terms of total wins.And it looks like Dirk is everything he was billed as---- as an OC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It looks like Lovie is molding a defense we can enjoy and be proud of.By the way, I think?? Lovie is 3rd among active coaches in terms of total wins.And it looks like Dirk is everything he was billed as---- as an OC

Dirk called a good game last night. That bootleg that Winston scored on was a great playcall. Last year we would've kept running it and then kicked a FG.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DJ will be one of our Starters! He’s done everything I expected. You just don’t forget how to tackle all of a sudden since it was 2 years ago he was a tackling machine at the other USC!!!!His only issues were in coverage and he looks like he's working hard on fixing that. I would be glad to hand him the keys over Goldson/Barron or Conte!... He's hitter that for sure!

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

everyone loves him now, when they grabbed him off waivers everyone said Goldson 2.0flip floppers, but atleast you have seen the light

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

everyone loves him now, when they grabbed him off waivers everyone said Goldson 2.0flip floppers, but atleast you have seen the light

i think a lot of folks knew he had talent, but questioned where his head was at.  i was in that camp.  were pits and swag more important than practice and study?  it appears the latter thankfully.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

i think a lot of folks knew he had talent, but questioned where his head was at.  i was in that camp.  were pits and swag more important than practice and study?  it appears the latter thankfully.

big fan then big fan now, Goldson could never cover like Swaggs, SC played him all over the secondarythe only thing they had in common was putting a hit on a player

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually players get released all the time! He never said he wouldn’t play Special Teams. That was something tossed out by the Texans he played SPT’s his rookie year and a bit last year. Maybe, he was banged up and felt he needed some SPT’s plays off and they weren’t having any of it? Or, maybe the Texans and their Coaching staff wanted to go in a different direction…..I was glad we got him when we did Waiver Wire minimum cost! And thrilled to see what he's done and excited to see what he has yet to accomplish in a BUCS uniform!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

big fan then big fan now, Goldson could never cover like Swaggs, SC played him all over the secondarythe only thing they had in common was putting a hit on a player

^^^ This!

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Conte is definitely getting cut. Its going be tough if they have to cut a safety. Major Wright would probably be the odd man out.

Conte won't be cutheWrightBradleySwaggswill be your 4 S'sHackett will be cut and signed to PSTandy will be cut

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte won't be cutheWrightBradleySwaggswill be your 4 S'sHackett will be cut and signed to PSTandy will be cut

Could Tandy backup at the Nickle/Slot? So, we could cut LJ???.... Tandy does better in front of the play than behind it?....

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

Could Tandy backup at the Nickle/Slot? So, we could cut LJ???....

certainly aren't losing anything from LJ to Tandythey may keep 5 S's and 5 CBsdl and WO will be where the tough cuts are madebecause I only see 9 DL making 53 and 6, maybe 7 WOs, but I think 6

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could Tandy backup at the Nickle/Slot? So, we could cut LJ???....

certainly aren't losing anything from LJ to Tandythey may keep 5 S's and 5 CBsdl and WO will be where the tough cuts are madebecause I only see 9 DL making 53 and 6, maybe 7 WOs, but I think 6

Well, then who is more expensive?.... Babye LJ~

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My only hesitation with Swearinger thus far is that how many times does he deliver that hit on the tight end and get penalized? Feel like a regular season game with more “gameplanning” on the refs part, he might get targeted and those hits won’t fly.I loved the hit and he hit him in the chest, I don'd have a ton of faith in the NFL in constantly allowing that.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

if they didn’t call it last night in that flag fest with 8 refs, they won’t be calling it during the season, plus it was a clean hit

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conte can’t take away a roster spot from someone that can actually play, can he?

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

I think Conte makes team, Lovie likes him plenty, and truth is Conte played well under LovieHeck he may even end up starting  with McDougald , if he can stay healthy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

if they didn't call it last night in that flag fest with 8 refs, they won't be calling it during the season, plus it was a clean hit

I agree it was clean. I’ve also seen some of Goldson’s clean hits get called. Jumpy with all kinds of holding calls =/= being aware of a certain player’s tendency to head hunt.Don't get me wrong, LOVED what I saw, but not totally convinced every ref lets that hit fly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Conte makes team, Lovie likes him plenty, and truth is Conte played well under LovieHeck he may even end up starting  with McDougald , if he can stay healthy

He had Wright too in Chicago and Wright I think graded better. Started Wright all last year, has started Wright all pre-season. I wouldn't mess with our safeties. I'd rotate DJ to bring another element to the table but Major and Bradley seem to have a really good chemistry going.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a bit of a diva in Houston, and that seems to have changed. I like what I have seen so far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a bit of a diva in Houston, and that seems to have changed. I like what I have seen so far.

Was he a diva, or did he just rub O'Brien the wrong way?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its crazy how most of you didn’t want him here when we first got em… now everyone loves him…typical fans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t like the signing when it happened. He isn’t any good and he is injury prone. No reason to take up a roster spot on a guy like that. BTW I am talking about Conte.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

its crazy how most of you didn't want him here when we first got em… now everyone loves him…typical fans

I was glad when we signed him, and even happier now. I loved what I saw against the Bengals. I still ha't watched the game a second time, but I've really enjoyed his play since signing with the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't want to play on special teams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't want to play on special teams

He disputed that claim and he is playing special teams for the Bucs. He actually had a damn nice open field tackle during kick return coverage. He is really had a great game overall against the Bengals...I am interested to see if he can build on that performance Sat night.

Please wait…

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.