Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Horse

Participant

If this is not a start over, then I would like to know what one would call this. Here’s a few questions that I have and would like your input into them.  Do we have better Coaching and a better GM; yes.  Is our team better; I think so, but I am not completely sure yet.  Will we win more than 6 or 7 games; I hope so, but I am not sure if it will happen this season.  Do we have better players; yes, but not near enough.  What’s our weakest link; WR, TE, QB.  Should we draft by BPA or by need; draft BPA and look for 2015 as our breakout year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

as long as the team has Economos handling the long snapping, we’ll be fine

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we have much more depth.  I think we pick up Evans in the draft and would call him an upgrade to MW.  I think we will also pick a WR and QB later in the draft.  I think the coaching is far superior and that alone will win games.  As for the talent………….it’s hard for me to judge because I don’t know Tedford’s offense but I think our defense will be vastly approved.  If Doug Martin comes back like 2012 and Vincent Jackson still plays well with Evans on the other side and a veteran QB I like our chances.  I say 8-8 or 9-7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse wrote “What’s our weakest link; WR, TE, QB.?”OL OL OL OL OL OL !!!!! We have zero starting guards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse wrote "What's our weakest link; WR, TE, QB.?"OL OL OL OL OL OL !!!!! We have zero starting guards.

+1Lovie has said he wants to run the ball so yeah you need guards to make it happen.Also don't expect the Bucs to feature a passing attack now that Vincent Jackson is the only threat on the outside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Think you need guards to be able to pass also.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weakest link is different than need.  We are weak at WR, TE, QB, but our real need is to stay with BPA because all of our positions have needs.  Are we really getting better players?  The only player cut that was starting or was in some kind of a rotation last season and not found a job yet is Joseph.  That tells me that maybe our biggest problem was just coaching.  I do understand that we are going to a different scheme which requires different types of players; not necessarily better player upgrades in all instances.  Coach Smith has a plan in place and has a pass this year to make his plan happen.  One thing I like for sure is that we still have lots of cap room to make things happen next year too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PewterReportSC; I think it’s your shift this weekend.  Do you know within a couple dollars where we are in cap space?  Anybody else know?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yucc has the best numbers although this doesn’t include Williams’ release.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1314944.15.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Horse wrote "What's our weakest link; WR, TE, QB.?"OL OL OL OL OL OL !!!!! We have zero starting guards.

+1Lovie has said he wants to run the ball so yeah you need guards to make it happen.Also don't expect the Bucs to feature a passing attack now that Vincent Jackson is the only threat on the outside.

Really?? Its friggin April 5th

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I meant to say how much cap space available within a couple million dollars, not a couple dollars.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really?? Its friggin April 5th

LMAO – I agree B – I suspect Lovie is anticipating a passing attack exists…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alright well I expect Carl Nicks to return, so really only one guard is needed to be honest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems they think Nicks will be back, but haven’t these boards been filled with posts complaining about spending resources on Guards, the notion being that you can find them just about anywhere?  We have a draft and “second draft” to go, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you have 19 fee agent signings out of the gate, plus 5/6 draft picks, then you do another round of free agents and after the draft scrounge other teams practice squads, it’s for sure major reconstructive surgery. Next year I expect to see more change, with Nicks, VJax, Koenen and possibly Barth being looked at as targets to trim the payroll and find fresh, young bodies. It seems free agency will adress the depth issue and the draft will address the ‘Star’ issue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alright well I expect Carl Nicks to return, so really only one guard is needed to be honest.

I have a feeling you may be right. Although all is quiet on the Nicks front, I'm feeling no news is good news. I know this, IF he does come back healthy and fit, it will be VERY good news.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems they think Nicks will be back, but haven't these boards been filled with posts complaining about spending resources on Guards, the notion being that you can find them just about anywhere?  We have a draft and "second draft" to go, right?

Not only that, but watch a bunch of vets hit the block post draft/training camp. I'm sure that we are not done adding OL, but there's no point bringing in guys now who have no chance of making the roster. I'm thinking we draft Billy Turner or Dakota Dozier in rounds 3-4 (and yes, I'm aware we have no fourth right now - I think we'll be moving around on draft day).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It seems they think Nicks will be back, but haven't these boards been filled with posts complaining about spending resources on Guards, the notion being that you can find them just about anywhere?  We have a draft and "second draft" to go, right?

Not only that, but watch a bunch of vets hit the block post draft/training camp. I'm sure that we are not done adding OL, but there's no point bringing in guys now who have no chance of making the roster. I'm thinking we draft Billy Turner or Dakota Dozier in rounds 3-4 (and yes, I'm aware we have no fourth right now - I think we'll be moving around on draft day).

do you think all the we are taking Manziel or some other QB at #7  talk is trade down smoke screen? More likely trying to get someone to move up so that someone drops? Maybe a Glennon trade?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they are clearly interested in a QB – at some point. I have no idea how early that is. I think the parade of QBs reflects both real interest and due diligence – I’m sure there are some we have no interest in at all. I think the Bucs will try and move around a lot to get extra picks and right now the QBs are all over the maps in terms of when they'll go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weakest link is different than need.  We are weak at WR, TE, QB, but our real need is to stay with BPA because all of our positions have needs.  Are we really getting better players?  The only player cut that was starting or was in some kind of a rotation last season and not found a job yet is Joseph.  That tells me that maybe our biggest problem was just coaching.  I do understand that we are going to a different scheme which requires different types of players; not necessarily better player upgrades in all instances.  Coach Smith has a plan in place and has a pass this year to make his plan happen.  One thing I like for sure is that we still have lots of cap room to make things happen next year too.

Never seen a qb who could throw from his back.  Until the bucs can get some sort of running game, and somewhere near NFL Oline play... there is only hope... Once the Oline is NFL average then there is a base to build upon, and the "skill" positions can show what they have.  Bucs have spent several years of crap Oline play.  Time for a change.  I will be hoping Carl Nix returns to form and that FA and draft picks produce 2-3 more NFL caliber guards. 

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.