Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

More questions than answers for Bucs after yet another mind-numbing defeatfenn_zpszlrxpc45.jpg Lovie Smith has won only three of his 20 games as head coach of the Bucs and is a staggering 0-10 in home games.By Martin Fennelly | Tribune Staff Published:  October 5, 2015 TAMPA — Is there any way they can play all their games in London?The Bucs turned in another modern art masterpiece Sunday at their well-established house of horrors. They went Full Brindza. They gift wrapped a win for Carolina, led by their rookie quarterback, who helped turned it over five times, including four interceptions, leading to 27 Carolina points.The Bucs might have picked the wrong guy.And I don’t mean Jameis Winston.Lovie Smith, the head coach, the man in question, continues to have no real answer, unless you count his tired explanations Sunday, which we don’t.I don’t know if Kyle Brindza should be handing his playbook to Lovie or Lovie should be handing his to the Glazers.But this isn’t working.With Sunday’s loss, the Bucs fell to 3-17 under Lovie. They’ve yet to win a home game with Lovie. Think about that. It boggles the mind — 10 straight home losses under Lovie, some of the extraordinary blowout variety, like last year against Baltimore or the season opener a few weeks ago against Tennessee. Sunday was just garden variety bad, but lose to 1-3 Jacksonville next week and the bye week becomes bye-bye season. Can bye-bye, Lovie, be far behind?How many times in this 10-game streak, or the 3-17 one, has Smith not had his team ready to play? The Panthers jumped the Bucs. I don’t even think Carolina is that good, even at 4-0, but the Bucs were no match for them, even with the Panthers missing linebacker Luke Kuechly.Even when they had a chance, the Bucs didn’t have a chance.Lovie’s Bears teams used to feast on the other team being sloppy.Now the Bucs are the ones who are the mess. Mistakes everywhere.Well-coached teams just don’t give games away.All I know is that on the day the Bucs honored Mike Alstott, the A-Train, they took another trip on the L train, straight through the tunnel of Lovie.How many times can we listen to Lovie say his team shouldn’t be beaten that way? Or that the week of practice, the preparation, said they would play better than they did? Or that the results don’t show it, but they’re better than that loss? Or that these are correctable things, fixable things? Or that eventually things will come together?He said all of that and less Sunday.“You have some days like this. Eventually you get over the hump,” Smith said. “I thought today would be a hump day for us.”Score another one for the hump.Look, Jameis has been horrific in both his home starts. His first NFL pass went for a Tennessee touchdown. His first pass Sunday, a rain-slickened throw, was taken back for a Carolina score.That Jameis stared at tight end Brandon Myers for about three weeks didn’t help. But it made me think: Why is the play call for a throw to … Brandon Myers? And in the direction of Carolina standout cornerback Josh Norman?Why did the running game vanish so early? And don’t tell me because the Bucs were down 17-3. Doug Martin was making some yards.And why do the Bucs play for the field goal just before the half, forgetting they have two 6-foot-5 receivers, instead laying it at Brindza’s feet?Brindza’s two misses were killers. Throw in another missed extra point. He’s probably driving home to Michigan as we speak. It was Lovie’s call to give Brindza another try after the Houston disaster, which seemed fair enough, but what about all those other 53-man roster decisions that Smith has made since being given nearly full control when he took over?Yes, he’s had a few good turns in the draft. Winston might still work out and Mike Evans might eventually get it together again before the season ends. I’m talking about Josh McCown, Anthony Collins and Michael Johnson — one and dones. I’m talking about Bruce Carter not winning a starting job. Or Alterraun Verner and George Johnson — the next Johnson up — not being able to hold on to theirs. These are Lovie decisions. This is Lovie’s team.And it’s not working.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn right it’s not working

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota was obviously the better pick.They took the slow guy from fsu. Yay!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Beat Jax and we won’t have to talk about the race to the bottom.  Bye week to get ready for the Redskins. I'm telling you it's going be all #swagdimes heading into the Falcons game. ******************redacted********************************************************************************************************************************.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm telling you it's going be all #swagdimes heading into the Falcons game.

That's what I'm talking about!!!!It's going to happen this Sunday. #crabcannon will have his first 300 yard game. He will throw for 3 #crabcakes and 0 #skrongbombs. It will be nice to go into the bye with a win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You might as well get over it now. The Titans board is one click away lol, i'm just messing with you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's what I'm talking about!!!!It's going to happen this Sunday. #crabcannon will have his first 300 yard game. He will throw for 3 #crabcakes and 0 #skrongbombs. It will be nice to go into the bye with a win.

I'm not so sure about the other ones, but I love the #crabcannon.  This one might have some life to it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not so sure about the other ones, but I love the #crabcannon.  This one might have some life to it.

Rowdie and I have been working on it. Here's what we have so far:#crabcannon = Jaboo#crabcake = TD#skrongbomb = Jaboo's patented out route. Can also be used for INT#YOLOball = A Jaboo throw into double or triple coverage. A pass that has a low success rate.Meh. I like #crabcake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rowdie and I have been working on it. Here's what we have so far:#crabcannon = Jaboo#crabcake = TD#skrongbomb = Jaboo's patented out route. Can also be used for INT#YOLOball = A Jaboo throw into double or triple coverage. A pass that has a low success rate.Meh. I like #crabcake.

Haha #crabcannon and #crabcake are great. Definite keepers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha #crabcannon and #crabcake are great. Definite keepers.

YOLOball is the leader in the clubhousebut crabcannon is closing fast with 12 games to go

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jesus, I forgot one!#swagdime = great pass, one that surpasses a Dilfer Dime

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#crabcannon has me in tears.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every pick six i see coming, i’m going to yell “jaboosh.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#crabcannon has me in tears.

We should make a shirt that has a pic of Jaboo on the front. There should be a #swagdime logo as well. On the back, we should have a picture of a whammy from Press your Luck. The logo on the back could say "No #YOLOballs".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

s6p04.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, you have to slow the roll on that one...they might both end of shit

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Every pick six i see coming, i'm going to yell "jaboosh."

Good idea, if that makes you feel better, have at it. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just think you need a -ski on the back of that… Jaaaabooooosh-ski!”  maybe add another postfix for each INT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No lie, the YOLOball is pretty funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That one is by far my FAV.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey guys, do you think the white jerseys will give us an advantage this week? I mean, we are playing the Jags and, well, they are a Florida team and we didn’t play a Florida team in the regular season last year. So, its hard to tell if we’ll be able to reap benefits of the heat advantage this time around. You see, down here in Tampa we’ve been practicing with this humid heat all summer long. Other teams are not usually as accustomed to it as we are what with those darker colored jerseys and all. Let’s just hope for the Bucs’ sake, the Jags decide to go black on black. I expect the sun’ll be hittn’ em twice as hard! That’s why we always have the upper hand during these home games. Which makes me wonder, why on God’s green Earth would the good ol’ Glazer boys want to move two home games off-site? Its questions like these that have been eating away at me. I mean, they’d pretty much just be giving away two games where we could be benefiting from some serious heat index advantage! Guess I just have to keep reminding myself that Lovie is a smart guy….. so I expect that he somehow talked the Glazers into having us play a couple of games down south, I mean waaaaay down south. I’d suspect that the kind of heat advantage we would experience with our white jerseys in a place like the Caribbean or South America would be almost unfair. Even the Pats wouldn’t be able to hang with us. HEATGATE! Don’t look now, but L&L might even get us to the playoffs with this strategy! Praise Jesus and GO BUCS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like his use of the phrase, its not working. I am not a big stat guy, people here quote stats sayin whatever fits their agenda. But the bottom line is, its not working.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That one is by far my FAV.

Yea, I'm not as gloom and doom with Jameis as many here are, but that just fits what we've seen in at least both home games.

Please wait…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.