Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• gone

Participant

From Schiano.  It’s nice that Greg got rid of Josh and brought the guy in.  He definitely has legit potential.  However, at this point, having Schiano involved in his development is going to hurt that development, and rob us of a chance to accurately assess his growth and ability.  The problem is that Schiano fundamentally misunderstands the role of the QB in the modern NFL.  He keeps talking about Mike "managing the game" and being a "good game manager".  And adds in crap like "a punt is a win".  Managing the game is a necessary component of modern QBing (the lack of that component is what makes Freeman suck as a QB) but it isn't the only part.  You have to also make plays.  The QB has to do both.  And that means taking chances.  Not just being a manager, but also a playmaker. Glennon has legit ability, and potential.  He has the potential to be much more than a backup, contrary to what a lot of people who can't see past the 3rd round label are claiming.  But in order to see if he can hit that potential, we can't have him operating under Schiano's mindset.  He needs to be taking more chances.  The lack of INTs is nice on the surface of it, and I'm sure Schiano likes that.  But they are a product of an overabundance of caution in his playing.  The lack of bad plays is coming at the expense of good plays that aren't being made because we are being too cautious.  Glennon is in a very developmental stage right now, and he needs to play with confidence and aggression if he wants to be a franchise QB.  Maybe he will never do that, but the environment needs to change for him to have a fair chance.  There is nothing worse than missing out on a great QB.  If we keep rolling with this overly conservative mindset, we will never know for sure what we have in him at the end of the year.  And we may actually kill his development.As I watched the game today, I saw Schiano yelling into the headset as Mike was getting the plays set up.  He needs to not be doing that.  He has no business talking about NFL offense.  He isn't an offense guy.  he's not going to be giving anything useful and is probably bo wrong, and telling the kid not to fsk up and putting more pressure than he needs on the guys shoulders.  Fire him or gag him, and have Glennon play more aggressive.  Even when we are ahead.  The guy can make plays if you let him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From Schiano.  It's nice that Greg got rid of Josh and brought the guy in.  He definitely has legit potential.  However, at this point, having Schiano involved in his development is going to hurt that development, and rob us of a chance to accurately assess his growth and ability.  The problem is that Schiano fundamentally misunderstands the role of the QB in the modern NFL.  He keeps talking about Mike "managing the game" and being a "good game manager".  And adds in crap like "a punt is a win".  Managing the game is a necessary component of modern QBing (the lack of that component is what makes Freeman suck as a QB) but it isn't the only part.  You have to also make plays.  The QB has to do both.  And that means taking chances.  Not just being a manager, but also a playmaker. Glennon has legit ability, and potential.  He has the potential to be much more than a backup, contrary to what a lot of people who can't see past the 3rd round label are claiming.  But in order to see if he can hit that potential, we can't have him operating under Schiano's mindset.  He needs to be taking more chances.  The lack of INTs is nice on the surface of it, and I'm sure Schiano likes that.  But they are a product of an overabundance of caution in his playing.  The lack of bad plays is coming at the expense of good plays that aren't being made because we are being too cautious.  Glennon is in a very developmental stage right now, and he needs to play with confidence and aggression if he wants to be a franchise QB.  Maybe he will never do that, but the environment needs to change for him to have a fair chance.  There is nothing worse than missing out on a great QB.  If we keep rolling with this overly conservative mindset, we will never know for sure what we have in him at the end of the year.  And we may actually kill his development.As I watched the game today, I saw Schiano yelling into the headset as Mike was getting the plays set up.  He needs to not be doing that.  He has no business talking about NFL offense.  He isn't an offense guy.  he's not going to be giving anything useful and is probably bo wrong, and telling the kid not to fsk up and putting more pressure than he needs on the guys shoulders.  Fire him or gag him, and have Glennon play more aggressive.  Even when we are ahead.  The guy can make plays if you let him.

If you have to play a rookie quarterback, that's pretty much exactly what you are supposed to do.  How did Pittsburgh win their superbowl Big Ben's rookie season?  By never letting him throw more then 20 passes a game.  If anything we've been too loose with Mike (before today) imo.  If you expect the kid to show you that he can carry a team to victory with his arm after a few months in the league you will be sadly disappointed with the vast majority of quarterbacks.  If you think Mike Glennon has the ability right now to go out and play a football game in the NFL like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady you are out of your mind.  "Modern NFL" or not, It's an unrealistic expectation.  About the only thing this staff is doing right (again imo) is not pushing Mike to try to make plays in the passing game down the field in tight situations. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It”s one thing to “not push” someone to make plays, it’s another to hamstring them and make them too cautious to even try and make those plays.  Nobody should expect him to carry a team.  But he also needs to be allowed to take more shots and expected to make more of those attempts.  Even if it sometimes ends up going sour.  What we are doing with him now is only working one aspect of his game. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again though doc, he’s a rookie and he’s now 5 games into his NFL career.  I know we want to figure out as much as we can about the kid going into this draft, but that’s not Mike’s fault, and I don’t think the results you would see would necessarily be fair or accurate anyway.  I also don't think it's fair to assume that it is the coaches who are "holding him back" from making plays.  They are calling a **CENSORED** ton of passes for him.  At a record breaking pace as a matter of fact.  Most of those pass plays look like they have deep options, he's taken a good number of deep shots tbh.  If he looks timid, quick to check down, scared of making a mistake at this point it is most likely because he is.  Might be that what he is as a quarterback.  Maybe he will continue to gain confidence and take more chances.  Pushing him to do that as a rookie though will more likely lead to disaster then success imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wish the guy would pack on a few pounds.  I cringe every time he is sacked or tackled, hoping he is able to get back up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy can make plays if you let him.

That's not a certainty. I have no doubt that the game plan is conservative, but I am also not so sure that Glennon isn't just a check down machine that is adverse to taking risks with the football. Glennon had a very low YPA at NC State last season. Lower than almost all of the QB's drafted this year. For a QB who allegedly has a big arm, he dinked and dunked a lot, even in college.I agree that having Schiano in this kid's ear hampers our ability to know who he really is. But I don't know if, as you suggest, it hampers his ability to make plays. It simply hampers our ability to know if it does or not. We don't know if it's Schiano, Glennon, or a combination of both.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy can make plays if you let him.

That's not a certainty. I have no doubt that the game plan is conservative, but I am also not so sure that Glennon isn't just a check down machine that is adverse to taking risks with the football. Glennon had a very low YPA at NC State last season. Lower than almost all of the QB's drafted this year. For a QB who allegedly has a big arm, he dinked and dunked a lot, even in college.I agree that having Schiano in this kid's ear hampers our ability to know who he really is. But I don't know if, as you suggest, it hampers his ability to make plays. It simply hampers our ability to know if it does or not. We don't know if it's Schiano, Glennon, or a combination of both.

That's kind of the whole point.  We aren't going to get a read on the guy with Schiano telling him to play it ultra safe, and we know he is.I disagree though, it is clear Glennon can make plays.  The question is can he do it enough, without having to pay too high a price in mistakes.  We are never going to get an idea of the answer to that is we tell him not to take those chances.  He needs to open it up more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason team’s play conservative is they cannot afford to give opponents free points off turnovers when they already have a porous D which will give up their own points. By limiting TOs, they at least have a chance to win. Add to that we have a youthfull WR corp, which certainly hampers Glennon…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not I’m pressed with Glennon  he reminds me to much of Chris Simms smh I said freeman was a bum when we drafted him go back and check and I said Glennon was mediocre if Chris Simms and a giraffe had a baby you should get mike Glennon KEYS TO SUCESS REVAMP THE O LINE GET A SPEED RUSHING 4-3 end clowney or who ever move clayborn to the le he’s a run stopping de he would be a pro bowl player there get a better rotational dt to go with spence n McCoy our other ones suck  get a athletic mlb mason must run a 6 flat in the 40 press our cbs 85% of the time  allow the Ss to hunt  get a speed guy at returner Paige is a bum get a legit te 6-5 plus who can catch & block and run two te sets  get rid of the gap tooth gangster and win some damn games around here MAN

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not I'm pressed with Glennon  he reminds me to much of Chris Simms smh I said freeman was a bum when we drafted him go back and check and I said Glennon was mediocre if Chris Simms and a giraffe had a baby you should get mike Glennon KEYS TO SUCESS REVAMP THE O LINE GET A SPEED RUSHING 4-3 end clowney or who ever move clayborn to the le he's a run stopping de he would be a pro bowl player there get a better rotational dt to go with spence n McCoy our other ones suck  get a athletic mlb mason must run a 6 flat in the 40 press our cbs 85% of the time  allow the Ss to hunt  get a speed guy at returner Paige is a bum get a legit te 6-5 plus who can catch & block and run two te sets  get rid of the gap tooth gangster and win some damn games around here MAN

tumblr_m7bf50TLZU1qjshyk.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Grand Piano has already broken Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get why people like him. His calm and unflappable demeanor is impressive. Especially for a rookie. However, when you look at what he is actually doing, his entire body of work…it’s just not impressive. He continues to be a dink and dunk guy that is useless in a two minute drill. Even when we are down by a score and there is 30 seconds to go....he'll throw a 5 yard dump off. He's not a choke artist, be he is the opposite of clutch. There is no killer instinct that kicks in late in games when you need more. He just continues to be the dinker and dunker with no deep ball accuracy. People wanna say that he did so good verse a great defense today, but the truth is Seattle's defense was god awful for most the game. Not only did Glennon look goo, but Mike James looked like Adrian Peterson and our entire O-line looked like they were All Pro. Besides, the dud only threw for 168 yards today. That is not great, but you would think he had 400 yards by the way people talk. When their defense did finally step up and start playing well in the second half and in OT, Glennon was 7 of 12 for 44 yards. No TDs and was sacked twice on 3rd down for a loss of 14 yards. That is horrible and that is the norm. Look at the second half of all of his games. It's ugly. The last drive of each game is especially ugly. When the going gets tough, Glennon throws a 3 yard pass. Dude is a solid back up. That's it. I wish people would stop with the nonsense of him being our starter moving forward. I realize Buc fans are emotional scared from years of disappointment, but have some fucking standards! We can do better than Mike Glennon!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason team's play conservative is they cannot afford to give opponents free points off turnovers when they already have a porous D which will give up their own points. By limiting TOs, they at least have a chance to win. Add to that we have a youthfull WR corp, which certainly hampers Glennon...

The reason that we can't risk turnovers isn't because of the defense, IMO. It's because of the offense. We are +2 in the turnover department, so it's not as though the defense isn't creating turnovers. Heck, we were +3 on turnovers today. Our offense is just completely incapable of scoring quickly, thus, is completely incapable of coming from behind. Our offensive philosophy is a catch-22. We don't turn the ball over, but we also don't have many big plays or score that often because we are too afraid of turning the ball over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get why people like him. His calm and unflappable demeanor is impressive. Especially for a rookie. However, when you look at what he is actually doing, his entire body of work...it's just not impressive. He continues to be a dink and dunk guy that is useless in a two minute drill. Even when we are down by a score and there is 30 seconds to go....he'll throw a 5 yard dump off. He's not a choke artist, be he is the opposite of clutch. There is no killer instinct that kicks in late in games when you need more. He just continues to be the dinker and dunker with no deep ball accuracy. People wanna say that he did so good verse a great defense today, but the truth is Seattle's defense was god awful for most the game. Not only did Glennon look goo, but Mike James looked like Adrian Peterson and our entire O-line looked like they were All Pro. Besides, the dud only threw for 168 yards today. That is not great, but you would think he had 400 yards by the way people talk. When their defense did finally step up and start playing well in the second half and in OT, Glennon was 7 of 12 for 44 yards. No TDs and was sacked twice on 3rd down for a loss of 14 yards. That is horrible and that is the norm. Look at the second half of all of his games. It's ugly. The last drive of each game is especially ugly. When the going gets tough, Glennon throws a 3 yard pass. Dude is a solid back up. That's it. I wish people would stop with the nonsense of him being our starter moving forward. I realize Buc fans are emotional scared from years of disappointment, but have some **CENSORED**ing standards! We can do better than Mike Glennon!

His second half stats being low could be due to the lack of adjustments made by Schiano and his conservative playcalling. I don't think we can truly judge the kid until Schiano is gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get why people like him. His calm and unflappable demeanor is impressive. Especially for a rookie. However, when you look at what he is actually doing, his entire body of work...it's just not impressive. He continues to be a dink and dunk guy that is useless in a two minute drill. Even when we are down by a score and there is 30 seconds to go....he'll throw a 5 yard dump off. He's not a choke artist, be he is the opposite of clutch. There is no killer instinct that kicks in late in games when you need more. He just continues to be the dinker and dunker with no deep ball accuracy. People wanna say that he did so good verse a great defense today, but the truth is Seattle's defense was god awful for most the game. Not only did Glennon look goo, but Mike James looked like Adrian Peterson and our entire O-line looked like they were All Pro. Besides, the dud only threw for 168 yards today. That is not great, but you would think he had 400 yards by the way people talk. When their defense did finally step up and start playing well in the second half and in OT, Glennon was 7 of 12 for 44 yards. No TDs and was sacked twice on 3rd down for a loss of 14 yards. That is horrible and that is the norm. Look at the second half of all of his games. It's ugly. The last drive of each game is especially ugly. When the going gets tough, Glennon throws a 3 yard pass. Dude is a solid back up. That's it. I wish people would stop with the nonsense of him being our starter moving forward. I realize Buc fans are emotional scared from years of disappointment, but have some **CENSORED**ing standards! We can do better than Mike Glennon!

Check his yards per attempt. Ugly. We need someone that can make all the throws. I'm warming up to Manziel's boom or bust as I'm seeing everyone else as not having an elite ceiling. Mariota is possible but it's a very faint feeling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason that we can't risk turnovers isn't because of the defense, IMO. It's because of the offense. We are +2 in the turnover department, so it's not as though the defense isn't creating turnovers. Our offense is just completely incapable of scoring quickly, thus, is completely incapable of coming from behind. Our offensive philosophy is a catch-22. We don't turn the ball over, but we also don't have many big plays or score that often because we are too afraid of turning the ball over.

On the season?  That might be the most amazing statistic ever for an NFL team in the midst of an 8 game losing streak. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our defense allowed 7 first half points and gave the offense the ball back three times on two interceptions and a fumble recovery. Blaming the defense is nonsense. The offense went ultra conservative in the second half and kept going three & out and scored no points. That is why we lost. We went from being ultra aggressive in the first half with our RBs throwing jump passes and back to back onside kicks….to our same old “Play not to lose” mentality in the second half.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His second half stats being low could be due to the lack of adjustments made by Schiano and his conservative playcalling. I don't think we can truly judge the kid until Schiano is gone.

If Glennon is not man enough to call an audible for a deep pass or just lacks the desire to WIN, do we really want him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a franchise QB.1394796_10151674352096722_2075298257_n.jpgMissing his top two receivers and has the worst O-line in the NFL.....but he just wins. Glennon will never be that guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of our receivers run below a 4.8 40. Why throw deep? I would love to see what he could do with even average NFL receivers. Throwing jump balls to Jackson wasn’t an option today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of our receivers run below a 4.8 40. Why throw deep? I would love to see what he could do with even average NFL receivers. Throwing jump balls to Jackson wasn't an option today.

Sky Dawson runs in the 4.3s and so does Underwood. So does Owusu. Jackson is a proven deep threat. Even Wright has shown the ability to make deep catches. You are telling lies.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

None of our receivers run below a 4.8 40. Why throw deep? I would love to see what he could do with even average NFL receivers. Throwing jump balls to Jackson wasn't an option today.

Why? Because you should TRY to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Re: It’s time to protect Glennon...giraffe cage?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 aint nothing like the truth.....and by the truth I mean Mariota  :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1 aint nothing like the truth.....and by the truth I mean Mariota  :D

Hell yeah! You know what's up!  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Check his yards per attempt. Ugly. We need someone that can make all the throws. I'm warming up to Manziel's boom or bust as I'm seeing everyone else as not having an elite ceiling. Mariota is possible but it's a very faint feeling.

His YPA is increasing.At this rate he will be near mid 6.5 yard per attempt which is above average for NFL QB.  If he approaches 7 ypa as a rookie then people will have to re-consider their points of view on Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His YPA is increasing.At this rate he will be near mid 6.5 yard per attempt which is above average for NFL QB.  If he approaches 7 ypa as a rookie then people will have to re-consider their points of view on Glennon.

ADW I respect you as a poster and whatnot, but come on man. At the rate the Chiefs are winning, they should win the every super bowl for the rest of forever. Dink and dunk Glennon isn't getting 7 YPA unless he rediscovers intermediate passing or we perfect the screenplay to pure flawlessness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a franchise QB.1394796_10151674352096722_2075298257_n.jpg

Hard to believe that Glennon took this guy's job in college, isn't it? No wonder Tom O'Brien was canned.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The top 15 QBs in this league are around 7.5 to 9 yards per catch......6.5 sucks. Glennon is currently at 5.9. If you look at just the 4th quarter, his ypc is 3.9. Seriously. Look it up.The sad part is most of it is yac. If you really watch, most of his throws are less than 5 yards down field or even behind the line of scrimmage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason that we can't risk turnovers isn't because of the defense, IMO. It's because of the offense. We are +2 in the turnover department, so it's not as though the defense isn't creating turnovers. Our offense is just completely incapable of scoring quickly, thus, is completely incapable of coming from behind. Our offensive philosophy is a catch-22. We don't turn the ball over, but we also don't have many big plays or score that often because we are too afraid of turning the ball over.

On the season?  That might be the most amazing statistic ever for an NFL team in the midst of an 8 game losing streak.

Amazing isn't it? I'm not so sure that it's ever happened before.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In six games, if you look at Glennon’s stats from the 4th quarter when down by 7 points or less (meaning we need him to step up and close the game strong)12 of 20 for 74 yards. (3.7 ypc)    0 TDs    2 Ints    2 Sacks          QB rating of 27.9Baller.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In six games, if you look at Glennon's stats from the 4th quarter when down by 7 points or less (meaning we need him to step up and close the game strong)12 of 20 for 74 yards. (3.7 ypc)    0 TDs    2 Ints    2 Sacks          QB rating of 27.9Baller.

MiltonMack is looking less and less crazy x)

Please wait…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.