Viewing 106 reply threads

• Author

• Balls Out

Participant

…2 NFL head coaches have declared him franchise worthy.I personally liked what I saw from him as a rookie and I liked the stats he put up...But what I like most is that the guys who are paid to know him best, Schiano and now Lovie Smith, declared him the future of the Bucs. That carries more weight with me then anything else and it should with you too.(and 'you' know who 'you' are)...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean 1 who had to throw him in there and was battling to find any way to save his own job AND another guy who has done everything in his power to find a way of replacing Mike in the short & long term, and now after failing with the long term is giving the guy he may need a confidence boost.NOTHING L&L have done has said they have faith in him, words are nice but actions say more than any words ever could.Just because you want to (or should) do something doesn't mean "the cards are dealt" in a way that you can do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just feel like Mike Glennon’s functional mobility wont be so…. functional in Tedford’s offense. I was one of the few that would have been okay with drafting Mike and that was a hard pill to swallow after what he did to my Seminoles his senior season. I’m at least giving the guy a chance, he hasn’t played a down in Jeff’s scheme.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NOTHING L&L have done has said they have faith in him, words are nice but actions say more than any words ever could.

Other than not trading him (after receiving multiple offers if the reports can be believed) or drafting a QB...Those ACTIONS from a new regime says a lot IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NOTHING L&L have done has said they have faith in him, words are nice but actions say more than any words ever could.

Other than not trading him (after receiving multiple offers if the reports can be believed) or drafting a QB...Those ACTIONS from a new regime says a lot IMO.

I had the exact same reaction. They didn't trade him, or draft a QB when there were many opportunities. It isn't always what you do that defines you, sometimes it's what you don't do that leaves your mark.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just feel like Mike Glennon's functional mobility wont be so.... functional in Tedford's offense. I was one of the few that would have been okay with drafting Mike and that was a hard pill to swallow after what he did to my Seminoles his senior season. I'm at least giving the guy a chance, he hasn't played a down in Jeff's scheme.

That's a fair concern, but he's still here...so Tedford can't be that concerned about it.

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

By the way we drafted, it appears that our offense is more pocket qb friendly than mobile qb friendly. We have big body receivers and tight ends and RBs that can play slot, catch screens and make plays in open space.This whole time I was expecting an offense more built for a mobile QB, but I feel I was wrong. This team is built for 3-5 step drops and putting the ball in the air so our guys can go up and get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you know that the offers were real?You also know what those offers were?Just because they didn't draft a guy doesn't mean they didn't want to, you do know we only have a few picks each draft and the other 31 teams are allowed to take players too, even if we like them.What's to say they didn't have Bortles on the board at #7 or want to take Bridgewater, Carr or Manziel with our 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whatever dude.  Whether it’s McCown or Glennon we got the 4th best QB in the division.  We will see how that works out for L&L.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think there will be a mix of moving pockets, roll outs to extend plays to allow receivers to get down field, along with a short slant screen game. What’s funny is as much as Glennon gets bashed for his mobility, watch old NC State games and he excelled moving the pocket outside.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they probably saw Glennon in their pre-draft camp they had along with seeing his work ethics and smarts first hand and felt comfortable passing on a super risky pick.  I would rather get the team established around the QB first and then get your guy.  There was no ‘the guy’ in this years draft.  Pretty sure McCown is going to be quite a bit better than average this year and his leadership is supposed to be top notch, just like the coaching staff.  We are in a great situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think there will be a mix of moving pockets, roll outs to extend plays to allow receivers to get down field, along with a short slant screen game. What's funny is as much as Glennon gets bashed for his mobility, watch old NC State games and he excelled moving the pocket outside.

Yeah, he did.  I found that "Buc fans" don't care about what Glennon did at NC State.Another thing on Glennon's supposed mobility issues... I think he was told not to run when the injuries started to mount for the other skill positions.  He ran the ball (bailed when he needed to) in his earlier starts.  Quite effectively, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you know that the offers were real?You also know what those offers were?Just because they didn't draft a guy doesn't mean they didn't want to, you do know we only have a few picks each draft and the other 31 teams are allowed to take players too, even if we like them.What's to say they didn't have Bortles on the board at #7 or want to take Bridgewater, Carr or Manziel with our 2nd.

No one will ever know how they felt about Bortles, but everybody and their dog knew Carr, Manziel, and Bridgewater would never make it past the very top of the 2nd round.  If they wanted one of those guys they would have gotten them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the end the vote of this staff was made when they signed McClown and made him the starter. Hell, Vick is a better QB than McC and Geno was worse than Glennon but who is the backup and who is the starter there?  Your QB of the future should be the QB of the now in his second year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are you trying to say dal? L&L don't actually think Glennon is the future? or are you saying you don't think Glennon is the future even if L&L do?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The few times Sullivan called a pass out of a rollout, Glennon executed it just fine. His problem is when the pocket caves in virtually from the snap of the ball. The Russell Wilsons and Cam Newtons have the quick acceleration and speed to escape; Glennon does not. Somehow many folks here didn't pick up on that last season. The Bucs' staff did, and those responsible are largely gone...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean 1 who had to throw him in there and was battling to find any way to save his own job AND another guy who has done everything in his power to find a way of replacing Mike in the short & long term, and now after failing with the long term is giving the guy he may need a confidence boost.NOTHING L&L have done has said they have faith in him, words are nice but actions say more than any words ever could.Just because you want to (or should) do something doesn't mean "the cards are dealt" in a way that you can do it.

Yeah, there were no QB left when we picked at 7.  Keep trying to convince yourself that Lovie isn't a Glennon fan.  You are well on your way to insanity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, there were no QB left when we picked at 7.  Keep trying to convince yourself that Lovie isn't a Glennon fan.  You are well on your way to insanity.

Such a HUGE fan, that he brought in a career journeyman and immediately named him starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Such a HUGE fan, that he brought in a career journeyman and immediately named him starter.

DH - The least knowledgeable football guy in the room.  No matter where that room is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

DH - The least knowledgeable football guy in the room.  No matter where that room is.

10lbASS- The epitome of someone living in complete and total denial. And the person who will jump ship to wherever Glennon ends up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right, so they should have grabbed a guy at 7 if they had him rated as a late 1st?There is no way to know who was where on there board and the fact that other teams are allowed to draft players too means a guy they might have been ready to take in the 2nd could have gone before that pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right, so they should have grabbed a guy at 7 if they had him rated as a late 1st?There is no way to know who was where on there board and the fact that other teams are allowed to draft players too means a guy they might have been ready to take in the 2nd could have gone before that pick.

If he's your franchise QB then you draft him regardless.  We made the right decision whether you like Glennon and McCown or not - this QB class was garbage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he's your franchise QB then you draft him regardless.  We made the right decision whether you like Glennon and McCown or not - this QB class was garbage.

You do realise that you didn't help your point at all with that post.If the QB class was garbage it would mean swapping garbage for garbage, it doesn't mean the guys we already had were actually good.As far as taking a guy at 7 if you think he's the guy, that's retarded. Why take a guy at 7 if you think he grades out as being there in the 2nd and you can get another top prospect in the 1st.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In the end the vote of this staff was made when they signed McClown and made him the starter. Hell, Vick is a better QB than McC and Geno was worse than Glennon but who is the backup and who is the starter there?  Your QB of the future should be the QB of the now in his second year.

I believe it's because he didn't want to trust the offense to a 2nd year player who needs to learn a new offense....it would almost be like starting a rookie QB, one guaranteed to make lots of mistakes...And Lovie doesn't want mistakes on offense, not with the defense he's shaping. I just think Lovie trusts McCown more right now, today...But obviously trusts that the future is bright with Glennon. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What are you trying to say dal? L&L don't actually think Glennon is the future? or are you saying you don't think Glennon is the future even if L&L do?

I don't think they think he is the future. Future QBs don't sit in year 2. Go look at this history and short of guys who had big time players in front of them, Rodgers for example,  real QBs are usually playing by year 2 and they play with an effectiveness that is about on par with their career averages.  Signing another QB and making him the starter says they don't think Glennon is walking in as athe starter and that says a lot to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. The hate is strong. Is he still on the roster after the draft? Did the Bucs grab another QB high in the draft? Did L&L not come out and say "he's our QB of the future"? Those look like words and action to me. Get over it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow. The hate is strong. Is he still on the roster after the draft? Did the Bucs grab another QB high in the draft? Did L&L not come out and say "he's our QB of the future"? Those look like words and action to me. Get over it.

Yep. Actions speak louder than words. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/TB/tampa-bay-buccaneers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think they think he is the future. Future QBs don't sit in year 2. Go look at this history and short of guys who had big time players in front of them, Rodgers for example,  real QBs are usually playing by year 2 and they play with an effectiveness that is about on par with their career averages.  Signing another QB and making him the starter says they don't think Glennon is walking in as athe starter and that says a lot to me.

You forgot to mention year 2 with a new staff and new system. Also, McCown came in taking the 1st string snaps. Long way until the season starts. I wouldn't bet against McCown but I don't think that benching Glennon is off the table if he out-performs him. The key thing here is that they think he can, hence him still being on the roster. They obviously liked him better than the QBs that came out this year, or at the very least, felt the position was less a need than others on the offense. Since QB is the most important position, there must be some level of confidence there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So…..before the draft, Glennon haters said he was as good as gone. An absolute goner. Bring on Manziel!!!!!Now, with the draft being over and  Glennon still on the roster, it's "L&L don't really have faith in him because he's not starting."  Sigh. Spin away, gentlemen. *yawn*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie doesn’t have a record of having a good eye for QB’s. I still believe that 2015 is the year they get the QB that they really want. This year is a transition year for this franchise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You forgot to mention year 2 with a new staff and new system. Also, McCown came in taking the 1st string snaps. Long way until the season starts. I wouldn't bet against McCown but I don't think that benching Glennon is off the table if he out-performs him. The key thing here is that they think he can, hence him still being on the roster. They obviously liked him better than the QBs that came out this year, or at the very least, felt the position was less a need than others on the offense. Since QB is the most important position, there must be some level of confidence there.

Yeah I did because no one cares. McC hasn't seen this system either so unless Glennon is terminally stupid he is not at a disadvantage. Heck, neither guy has seen the offense but Glennon knows the WRs so he should be ahead of the game. Put another way, name your actually good QB and tell me if that guy is sitting behind McC at this point. The other way to read this is that Lovie still doesn't understand the QB spot, and a lot of his statements lead me to think he is still a bit in the dark, and so he is looking to find what he thinks is just good enough but not really good. It is like there is a minimum QB competency and Lovie is looking to find a guy as close to that line as possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep. Actions speak louder than words. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/TB/tampa-bay-buccaneers

That link has Omameh starting over Meredith at RG, Cleary over Dot at RT, Tandy listed as our 3rd string SS, and Spence starting over McDonald at DT- I wouldn't take it as gospel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I did because no one cares. McC hasn't seen this system either so unless Glennon is terminally stupid he is not at a disadvantage. Heck, neither guy has seen the offense but Glennon knows the WRs so he should be ahead of the game. Put another way, name your actually good QB and tell me if that guy is sitting behind McC at this point. The other way to read this is that Lovie still doesn't understand the QB spot, and a lot of his statements lead me to think he is still a bit in the dark, and so he is looking to find what he thinks is just good enough but not really good. It is like there is a minimum QB competency and Lovie is looking to find a guy as close to that line as possible.

So, you're saying that McCown and Glennon are on equal footing because they are both learning a new system? Are you effing kidding me? Do you not realize that experience plays a key role here? McCown has had to adapt to multiple offensive schemes in his career. Most of which have common aspects. Glennon meanwhile had Sullivan's scheme. That's it. Yet, they're on equal footing. What a reach....even for you. Lovie doesn't understand the QB position? That's why Glennon is still here. You think Tedford has zero influence in this situation? You know, the guy Lovie handpicked before even accepting another coaching gig? Tedford, who absolutely speaks QB, barged into Lovie's offense office and said "this giraffe has gotta go!" and Lovie said "nah, he stays...I know what I'm doing." Come on, dude. You're grasping at straws here and you know it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie doesn't have a record of having a good eye for QB's. I still believe that 2015 is the year they get the QB that they really want. This year is a transition year for this franchise.

Could be. But, to Lovie's credit, he did hire a guy to run his offense that absolutely understands the QB position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, you're saying that McCown and Glennon are on equal footing because they are both learning a new system? Are you effing kidding me? Do you not realize that experience plays a key role here? McCown has had to adapt to multiple offensive schemes in his career. Most of which have common aspects. Glennon meanwhile had Sullivan's scheme. That's it. Yet, they're on equal footing. What a reach....even for you. Lovie doesn't understand the QB position? That's why Glennon is still here. You think Tedford has zero influence in this situation? You know, the guy Lovie handpicked before even accepting another coaching gig? Tedford, who absolutely speaks QB, barged into Lovie's offense office and said "this giraffe has gotta go!" and Lovie said "nah, he stays...I know what I'm doing." Come on, dude. You're grasping at straws here and you know it.

No dope.  It isn't like Glennon just started  playing this year. This crap really isn't rocket science - learning an offense isn't hard, doing it under pressure is why guys fail not because they can't learn what Twins Y Right  892 Is. There are only so many routes and plays to learn. It isn't like Glennon doesn't know a smash concept for example. He's learn several schemes in his life too. If Glennon was Ryan, Brady, Wilson or so on would you think any of those guys were sitting behind McC in year 2 because they had to learn some new plays?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1'Spin' class is in session.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But as Josh will tell you, it’s just a starting rotation.

The competition will sort things out... not the misinterpretations.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No hate, just realism, you really think I root for a player to do bad?I root for the team 1st and the player second, if I think a player sucks it's based on what I've seen on the field, hoping they get better is just that nothing but hope, what matters is what you've seen, I've seen nothing from Glennon to show he's any more than a long term, average backup, I'm not sure how many times I can say this but here we go one more time.... as a Bucs player I hope Glennon proves me wrong because I'd rather be wrong and enjoying watching the team I root for doing well then be right and suffering through more years of garbage offense, I just don't see him doing it.You don't know what actions could have been taken in the draft so to use it to back up either point of view is idiotic, for all we know they could have been aiming for Bortles in the 1st or Carr, Manziel or Bridgewater in the 2nd, just because they didn't get them doesn't mean they wouldn't have picked them in the same way that there was no guarantee they would have taken any of them if they were there. The draft means very little at this point in terms of Glennon. What actions we do know for sure are...#1 the first move L&L made as Bucs was to sign a QB.#2 they then signed another QB and declared him QB1 without even taking a snap despite him being an old, very average, career backup who was out of the league entirely just a few years ago.#3 they had visits with seemingly every QB in the draft and more than one with some. You don't use that many of your limited visits on a single position unless you have real interest in making a move there.I don't see how a person can look at that and say to themselves, well L&L really love Glennon. The fact that he's still here doesn't really say anything other than he's still here, it could be through choice or it could be that they simply missed out on the gy they wanted to replace him with and are now doing damage control. Based on previous actions (not words) I would say the 2nd option is more likely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let’s not forget that Rich Gannon is still very much in the heads of NFL head coaches…QB’s can blossom in their 30’s, and McCown played the part well last season. The FA’s brought in coupled with the new draft class has given him a supporting cast for a repeat performance this season.I believe the Bucs think they have the next Rich Gannon in McCown, and are happy to have Glennon sit back and learn for a while.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No dope.  It isn't like Glennon just started  playing this year. This crap really isn't rocket science - learning an offense isn't hard, doing it under pressure is why guys fail not because they can't learn what Twins Y Right  892 Is. There are only so many routes and plays to learn. It isn't like Glennon doesn't know a smash concept for example. He's learn several schemes in his life too. If Glennon was Ryan, Brady, Wilson or so on would you think any of those guys were sitting behind McC in year 2 because they had to learn some new plays?

Yeah, you're right. We should just go get one of those Brady or Wilson guys. Why didn't the Bucs think of that? Learning a new offense is easy, huh? Have you ever done it? At the NFL level? Did I ever say that Glennon is definitely a franchise QB? He isn't. Not yet at least. But apparently, the Bucs thought he had a better chance to be than any of the other QBs (minus Bortles, because he was gone before their first pick) or else he wouldn't be on the roster and they would. Glennon played well considering the situation but McCown played better. With a new staff, starting from scratch pretty much, it makes sense to put the pressure on the shoulders of a grizzled vet. Doesn't mean that he will start forever.....doesn't mean he will be starting at the beginning of this season. No, what it does mean for Glennon, is that he is in their plans or else he wouldn't be here. Plain and simple. So, let's get to the root of the problem. The Glennon hate. What did you clowns expect from him last year? An All-Pro season? Pro Bowl? Apparently, you expected him to be Ryan, Brady or Wilson since you threw those names out there. I think that is a little unfair. Ryan and Glennon have very comparable stats their rookie season. Look it up.  Brady is an anomaly. Wilson had an amazing running game and defense around him. Glennon had crap receivers, crap blocking, crap coaching, crap schemes, crap philosophy. It was nothing by a gigantic sh!t show and the guy did an admirable job. As a third rounder (who was a reach apparently) with a group that knew nothing about developing a QB, who showed some skill. I'm not 100% sold on the guy but he has done enough in my book to deserve a shot. The Bucs feel the same way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No hate, just realism, you really think I root for a player to do bad?I root for the team 1st and the player second, if I think a player sucks it's based on what I've seen on the field, hoping they get better is just that nothing but hope, what matters is what you've seen, I've seen nothing from Glennon to show he's any more than a long term, average backup, I'm not sure how many times I can say this but here we go one more time.... as a Bucs player I hope Glennon proves me wrong because I'd rather be wrong and enjoying watching the team I root for doing well then be right and suffering through more years of garbage offense, I just don't see him doing it.You don't know what actions could have been taken in the draft so to use it to back up either point of view is idiotic, for all we know they could have been aiming for Bortles in the 1st or Carr, Manziel or Bridgewater in the 2nd, just because they didn't get them doesn't mean they wouldn't have picked them in the same way that there was no guarantee they would have taken any of them if they were there. The draft means very little at this point in terms of Glennon. What actions we do know for sure are...#1 the first move L&L made as Bucs was to sign a QB.#2 they then signed another QB and declared him QB1 without even taking a snap despite him being an old, very average, career backup who was out of the league entirely just a few years ago.#3 they had visits with seemingly every QB in the draft and more than one with some. You don't use that many of your limited visits on a single position unless you have real interest in making a move there.I don't see how a person can look at that and say to themselves, well L&L really love Glennon. The fact that he's still here doesn't really say anything other than he's still here, it could be through choice or it could be that they simply missed out on the gy they wanted to replace him with and are now doing damage control. Based on previous actions (not words) I would say the 2nd option is more likely.

I don't doubt that interest was there in the QB position. However, based on their ACTIONS, it doesn't appear that they thought the rookie QBs were worth taking over Glennon. Something else to keep in mind; those predraft visits all occurred before voluntary minicamp. Maybe Glennon's performance helped make up their mind. They can see all the film from him last season but getting to know his work habits and then seeing him live is completely different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's not forget that Rich Gannon is still very much in the heads of NFL head coaches...QB's can blossom in their 30's, and McCown played the part well last season. The FA's brought in coupled with the new draft class has given him a supporting cast for a repeat performance this season.I believe the Bucs think they have the next Rich Gannon in McCown, and are happy to have Glennon sit back and learn for a while.

The problem is Gannon started to blossum in his late 20's and even before then look good when he was on the field (winning record, threw more TDs than INTs while playing for the Vikes in his mid 20's).Gannon simply got caught in the wrong situations a few times and all it took was a coach to finally hand him a team.McCown on the other hand will be the wrong side of 35 when the season starts and when he's seen the field has looked bad to very average at best other than last season where the stars aligned for him to look good.And when has benching a 2nd year QB, after so many starts as a rookie, so they can be mentored by a journeyman ever worked out and turned into a franchise having "the man."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't doubt that interest was there in the QB position. However, based on their ACTIONS, it doesn't appear that they thought the rookie QBs were worth taking over Glennon. Something else to keep in mind; those predraft visits all occurred before voluntary minicamp. Maybe Glennon's performance helped make up their mind. They can see all the film from him last season but getting to know his work habits and then seeing him live is completely different.

There you go again with that.Being as they weren't in a position to grab guys due to guys going off the board before us we don't know who they thought were worth taking so it doesn't show how they felt about those rookies compared to Glennon in any way.The only things we know about their thoughts on the QBs were that none on the board when they picked in the 1st was worth #7 overall, none on the board when they picked in the 2nd was worth that pick, etc.For all we know Bortles might have been the pick in the first, Carr might have been the pick in the 2nd, Jimmy G might have been the pick in the 3rd, they all went in the area of our pick so we might been thinking they would drop to us.Without seeing the Bucs draft board we have no clue, so what happened is only half the story and as such is meaningless.**edit**Never let it be said I won't admit when I'm wrong, the bolded is wrong, we don't even know that.What we actually know is they didn't rate any of the QB's left on the board at the times of our picks as being better than the guys we took with said picks.As said above, without seeing the board we don't know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again, none of us know how L & L really feel about Glennon.The fact that we didn't draft a QB says a lot to me. If any of those guys were "the one" that L & L really liked, they would have taken him or traded up and grabbed him, IMO. Of course, it's possible they tried to trade up but couldn't. If so, that's a giant mistake.I thunk they like Glennon but feel more comfortable with McCown listed as the starter going into camp. That could change. It will be a interesting competition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The other way to read this is that Lovie still doesn't understand the QB spot, and a lot of his statements lead me to think he is still a bit in the dark, and so he is looking to find what he thinks is just good enough but not really good. It is like there is a minimum QB competency and Lovie is looking to find a guy as close to that line as possible.

Anybody else believe this garbage about Lovie and the QB position?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you go again with that.Being as they weren't in a position to grab guys due to guys going off the board before us we don't know who they thought were worth taking so it doesn't show how they felt about those rookies compared to Glennon in any way.The only things we know about their thoughts on the QBs were that none on the board when they picked in the 1st was worth #7 overall, none on the board when they picked in the 2nd was worth that pick, etc.For all we know Bortles might have been the pick in the first, Carr might have been the pick in the 2nd, Jimmy G might have been the pick in the 3rd, they all went in the area of our pick so we might been thinking they would drop to us.Without seeing the Bucs draft board we have no clue, so what happened is only half the story and as such is meaningless.

We've been told that McCown is not the long term answer at QB. Red Board tells us that Glennon isn't the answer either. Everyone says that QB is the most important position. So, we completely ignore it in the draft. Got it. If the Bucs were dead set on drafting a QB, they would've found a way to do it. They weren't because they were set with the guys they have. Including Glennon. I know you guys expected him to be Tom Brady last year and let you down. Once you come back down to Earth, you'll realize that Glennon deserves a shot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's not forget that Rich Gannon is still very much in the heads of NFL head coaches...QB's can blossom in their 30's, and McCown played the part well last season. The FA's brought in coupled with the new draft class has given him a supporting cast for a repeat performance this season.I believe the Bucs think they have the next Rich Gannon in McCown, and are happy to have Glennon sit back and learn for a while.

so one Anomoly from 13-14 years ago is in the heads of NFL HCs?  Bahahaha!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There you go again with that.Being as they weren't in a position to grab guys due to guys going off the board before us we don't know who they thought were worth taking so it doesn't show how they felt about those rookies compared to Glennon in any way.The only things we know about their thoughts on the QBs were that none on the board when they picked in the 1st was worth #7 overall, none on the board when they picked in the 2nd was worth that pick, etc.For all we know Bortles might have been the pick in the first, Carr might have been the pick in the 2nd, Jimmy G might have been the pick in the 3rd, they all went in the area of our pick so we might been thinking they would drop to us.Without seeing the Bucs draft board we have no clue, so what happened is only half the story and as such is meaningless.

We've been told that McCown is not the long term answer at QB. Red Board tells us that Glennon isn't the answer either. Everyone says that QB is the most important position. So, we completely ignore it in the draft. Got it. If the Bucs were dead set on drafting a QB, they would've found a way to do it. They weren't because they were set with the guys they have. Including Glennon. I know you guys expected him to be Tom Brady last year and let you down. Once you come back down to Earth, you'll realize that Glennon deserves a shot.

I didn't expect Brady at all, he was actually better than I thought he was going to be and has already hit his ceiling IMO, there is no coming back down to earth, Glennon deserve nothing because he hasn't earnt a thing, that pretty stat line is nice but it's meaningless if when you watch him play it comes from a style of play that leads to positive stats but poor results. If he's got so much potential where was it on the field (not in the stats), where is that 1 game he took over and carried the team, that "we've got our guy" drive, that "Holy Crap" highlight throw, no matter what the stats end up saying future franchise QBs will show flashes even under the worst of conditions, this is why Freeman got so long, he flashed but just couldn't put it together, Glennon didn't even flash.As far as your (false) logic goes, just because the Bucs didn't get a QB in the draft it doesn't say a thing about Glennon, it simply says they  didn't get a QB.For all we know they could have liked a couple of QBs way more than they like Glennon but they didn't view them as the man so didn't think it was worth moving up to get them.It's not just franchise guys that are better than Glennon, IMO a top level backup is better than Glennon but you wouldn't move up in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round to draft one of those if you have other holes.You are basing everything off the assumption others think he's actually a good QB, if they think he's trash a lot of guys might be viewed as better than him but not better than other guys in that general area of the draft.If they hate Glennon but weren't sold on any of the QBs why would they draft one just so they could swap a guy they didn't like for a different guy they didn't like, either way they would just play Josh and look again next year.The assumption of "They didn't replace him so they like him" is very wrong,

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And when has benching a 2nd year QB, after so many starts as a rookie, so they can be mentored by a journeyman ever worked out and turned into a franchise having "the man."

Agreed. How often does a new coach come to a new team, inherit a young QB Witt more than a little starting experience, and put him on the bench to "groom" him for future use? It doesn't happen. Glennon already took his lumps last year. If he's a good player, this is when he is supposed to show it. Except all appearances say Lovie doesn't want to see it. I also agree with you I think the coaches think McCown has some later period Rich Gannon/Kurt Warner in him. Overall great posting in this thread.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

so one Anomoly from 13-14 years ago is in the heads of NFL HCs?  Bahahaha!

History repeats itself and coaches are copycats...Laugh all you like

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The other way to read this is that Lovie still doesn't understand the QB spot, and a lot of his statements lead me to think he is still a bit in the dark, and so he is looking to find what he thinks is just good enough but not really good. It is like there is a minimum QB competency and Lovie is looking to find a guy as close to that line as possible.

Anybody else believe this garbage about Lovie and the QB position?

Nobody with any NFL knowledge believes this.  Lovie has this figured out and soon most will be like, "damn, why did I question him.".  WE are going to be great really soon and even if nothing changed personnel wise since he got here we would still go 7-9 - 9-7 range - he's that good at what he does.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have concerns about his mobility.  He’s yet to ever be considered a mobile QB.  Its no secret to anyone, and its good to see him attacking the issue head on in the weight room.Noticeable muscle improvement thus far this off season.  NFL conditioning is serving him well.Josh is the guy.  Hopefully Glennon gets it all together as the complete package over the next season or two.  The one thing this team has never had (and kept) is a true Franchise QB.  I'd love to see it before I die...  Someday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m guessing they were hoping that Bortles fell to them and when it didn’t happen they had to forget about any trade options with Glennon and smooth over his ego.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The assumption of "They didn't replace him so they like him" is very wrong,

Lovie Smith said that Glennon is the "QB of the future", so it's not just that they didn't replace him...He flat out said it and then backed up those words by not trading him or drafting a QB.This isn't a Revis like scenario where Lovie said "there's a place in this defense for Revis"...There's a big difference between saying that and he is our future. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be clear, I believe if they have a chance to upgrade the position, they won’t hesitate, regardless of what they say.That said, I hope Glennon makes it incredibly tough or near impossible. for them to do that...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith said that Glennon is the "QB of the future", so it's not just that they didn't replace him...He flat out said it and then backed up those words by not trading him or drafting a QB.This isn't a Revis like scenario where Lovie said "there's a place in this defense for Revis"...There's a big difference between saying that and he is our future.

Yep and Revis has a place on this team was the same type of comment, it's simply "bugging up" a guy he's lumbered with at the time.Judge Lovie on his actions that he has taken, not the ones we have no clue if he did or didn't take or his words.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be clear, I believe if they have a chance to upgrade the position, they won't hesitate, regardless of what they say.That said, I hope Glennon makes it incredibly tough or near impossible. for them to do that...

Agree on both points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To be clear, I believe if they have a chance to upgrade the position, they won't hesitate, regardless of what they say.

As every head coach and GM should.....that is their jobs, to continually try to upgrade ALL positions. With that said, I believe they think that Glennon has as much potential to have a successful NFL career as any young QB out there; however, he wasn't a high first round pick so why force the issue and let the whole team suffer while he goes thru his growing pains. McCown has the hot hand right now, so they are gonna ride that out and let Glennon groom behind him until McCown eventually fizzles out....much like Green Bay did with Rogers and Favre. If L & L would have drafted one of the top QB's in this draft, the clock would start ticking on their careers and they would forever be married to that young QB. I don't think that will be the case with Glennon. If he turns out to be a dud, they can then draft their "QB of the future" and the clock would start ticking from there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again, none of us know how L & L really feel about Glennon.The fact that we didn't draft a QB says a lot to me.

I think what it says, more than anything else, is "win now"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, you're right. We should just go get one of those Brady or Wilson guys. Why didn't the Bucs think of that? Learning a new offense is easy, huh? Have you ever done it? At the NFL level? Did I ever say that Glennon is definitely a franchise QB? He isn't. Not yet at least. But apparently, the Bucs thought he had a better chance to be than any of the other QBs (minus Bortles, because he was gone before their first pick) or else he wouldn't be on the roster and they would. Glennon played well considering the situation but McCown played better. With a new staff, starting from scratch pretty much, it makes sense to put the pressure on the shoulders of a grizzled vet. Doesn't mean that he will start forever.....doesn't mean he will be starting at the beginning of this season. No, what it does mean for Glennon, is that he is in their plans or else he wouldn't be here. Plain and simple. So, let's get to the root of the problem. The Glennon hate. What did you clowns expect from him last year? An All-Pro season? Pro Bowl? Apparently, you expected him to be Ryan, Brady or Wilson since you threw those names out there. I think that is a little unfair. Ryan and Glennon have very comparable stats their rookie season. Look it up.  Brady is an anomaly. Wilson had an amazing running game and defense around him. Glennon had crap receivers, crap blocking, crap coaching, crap schemes, crap philosophy. It was nothing by a gigantic sh!t show and the guy did an admirable job. As a third rounder (who was a reach apparently) with a group that knew nothing about developing a QB, who showed some skill. I'm not 100% sold on the guy but he has done enough in my book to deserve a shot. The Bucs feel the same way.

Again, how does having learned one offense make you slower than a dude who has learned three? I learned my playbook a lot faster in college than dudes who had been through 3 coaching changes there. Simple reality is that one playbook doesn't add anything to your understanding of another playbook unless you are dealing with the same or grossly similar coaches. Glennon knows the players he is throwing to which actually is an advantage so he should start out better than McC. It makes ZERO sense to put the game on a scrub who was out of the league and played in the UFL. If Glennon is the man, and fine take a lower rent type QB, and he is even an Eli, Flacco or Dalton type do you think he is even listed second to a life-long scrub? No. Period.I think you need to check back and see that I actually was fairly positive on Glennon. Always said I thought he showed something and was a plus player. Wasn't sure how much upside but it should darn sure be more upside than McC. Frankly, if he is the future why aren't we getting to the future now. Do you really think watching scrub-ola play is gonna help him develop?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm guessing they were hoping that Bortles fell to them and when it didn't happen they had to forget about any trade options with Glennon and smooth over his ego.

I must give you credit for trying. ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon needs to cut down the amount of sacks he takes and up his YPA average and he may be a competent QB IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ah, I love it.  Gone the whole weekend and come back to see nothing has changed on the red board other than the Glennon haters finding a new way to explain it away.  Just eat your crow and move on.  You guys were wrong, you read too far into the smoke screens and then doubled down on your misconceptions.  Just let it go and accept it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So it’s obvious the Glennonites are considering this weekend a victory. But it’s only one minor victory. There’s still next year. What does everyone honk will happen if McCown starts 14 games and comes back to Earth without crashing and has a credible 20/12 season and the Bucs go 7-9 or 8-8. Now we’re looking at a draft class with Jameis Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Petty and whoever else jumps up  and  most of the worst teams just took a new QB this weekend. Does anyone really believe the Bucs are still going to stick with Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you have a qb that only can offer a couple of years, you male sure you have a viable backup.Keeping glennon assures that. Now, if glennon gets a legit shot later, that's a whole different argument.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Straw man arguments galore…love it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon needs to cut down the amount of sacks he takes and up his YPA average and he may be a competent QB IMO.

With a new O’line, new receivers, and a real OC, not a problem. And we’ll throw in a mostly new, faster run game too. Truth is, there was no clearly better option in THIS year's draft, and with McCown, no reason QB had to be upgraded THIS year. And Glennon has  a real mentor this season to learn from... 

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Lovie said they were good at QB after day 1 when there were still a ton of good QB’s on the board. Including the one Scott Reynolds thought they’d take in round 1 .Bucs were happy with the Glennon Cannon all along. The rest was a smokescreen which most of the Pewter Report fell for. Funny stuff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s nothing straw about the QB of the #32 offense in 2013 having his head coach and primary backer get fired and having a new coach come in and immediately sign a veteran who played great in 2013 and pay him more than five times as much. That’s not straw. That’s brick and mortar.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So it's obvious the Glennonites are considering this weekend a victory. But it's only one minor victory. There's still next year. What does everyone honk will happen if McCown starts 14 games and comes back to Earth without crashing and has a credible 20/12 season and the Bucs go 7-9 or 8-8. Now we're looking at a draft class with Jameis Winston, Mariota, Hundley, Petty and whoever else jumps up  and  most of the worst teams just took a new QB this weekend. Does anyone really believe the Bucs are still going to stick with Glennon?

Gotta love the hypothetical situations when its obvious nobody has a freaking clue how this season will unfold from a qb perspective..or any other perspective for that matter

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep explaining it away.  All you guys who called Glennon being traded a lock…just keep explaining it away so you dont have to own up to being wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whatever dude.  Whether it's McCown or Glennon we got the 4th best QB in the division.  We will see how that works out for L&L.

We had Brees, Ryan and Newton dropping to #7 in this years draft...and L&L passed on all of them and went with the 4th best QB in the division?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep explaining it away.  All you guys who called Glennon being traded a lock...just keep explaining it away so you dont have to own up to being wrong.

"Glennon still sucks, but at least he wasn't traded! We win!" -- Glennonites

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This ‘discussion’ has turned retarded.  JMO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep explaining it away.  All you guys who called Glennon being traded a lock...just keep explaining it away so you dont have to own up to being wrong.

'We might not have gotten a better QB, but atleast we paid high draft picks for a different name'--- everyone wanting us to draft ANY QB and trade Glennon for a late rounder.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

'We might not have gotten a better QB, but atleast we paid high draft picks for a different name'--- everyone wanting us to draft ANY QB and trade Glennon for a late rounder.

Tedford watched the film and obviously concluded that no one in this draft makes his offense better than McCown and Glennon. End of story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice attempt at a spin, too bad most people see it the right way. Lovie brought in a comfort qb (McCown) because he had history with him. Brought in Kafka to replace Dan O.  Being a smart head coach he put a situation in place to allow Glennon to work with McCown and Tedford and have Glennon ready within the next year or two.Too bad the perceived smokescreen that Lovie put out there confused you guys and PR so easily.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With a new O'line, new receivers, and a real OC, not a problem. And we'll throw in a mostly new, faster run game too. Truth is, there was no clearly better option in THIS year's draft, and with McCown, no reason QB had to be upgraded THIS year. And Glennon has  a real mentor this season to learn from...

Glennon wasn't really a dink and dunk QB last year but his YPA average was pretty low.  I think I have to mark that down for Sullivan's route design so I think with Tedford's offense focusing on misdirection opportunities will open up things for Glennon if he ever plays in this offense.  It wasn't just the offensive scheme, but shoddy o-line play and rookie mistakes that led him to be sacked so much.  I think he can overcome most of these issues and also Tedford can scheme around teams collasping the pocket on Glennon.  But if Glennon is to be a pocket QB he needs to go quick through his reads and take more incompletions.  True, Glennon took several sacks that were intelligent last year instead throwing it up for a potential pick but taking a sack in today's NFL is too much of a gift bag for defenses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He holds more value as a backup then what they were probably offered in trade (I am guessing a 5th or 6th)What else was LL going to say after failing to trade him? Just a fraction of common sense tells me that this "QB of the future" talk is nothing but ... talk. Glennon will be traded during the season after someone losrs a starter. Bank it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He holds more value as a backup then what they were probably offered in trade (I am guessing a 5th or 6th)What else was LL going to say after failing to trade him? Just a fraction of common sense tells me that this "QB of the future" talk is nothing but ... talk. Glennon will be traded during the season after someone losrs a starter. Bank it.

All I really care about is avoiding drafting any QB in this class.  We will see where this season takes us but the most important thing is that none of these QBs are Bucs.  Would have set us back for a long long time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice attempt at a spin, too bad most people see it the right way. Lovie brought in a comfort qb (McCown) because he had history with him. Brought in Kafka to replace Dan O.  Being a smart head coach he put a situation in place to allow Glennon to work with McCown and Tedford and have Glennon ready within the next year or two.Too bad the perceived smokescreen that Lovie put out there confused you guys and PR so easily.

Keep telling yourself that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then why did they not bring in a mid round prospect at QB in this years draft and called it an 'open' competition for the backup role/QB of the future. At worst they keep 3 guys. I doubt Glennons value(assumption being 5-6th round) woul drop any further, when they do not plan with him anyway...aka no playtime to prove he sucks.If we can not get a better QB than Glennno, not even with the help of a 5-6th rounder trading up in the 2nd to 3rd round...then i guess Glennnon is the best QB available right now, lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are right about one thing, you are guessing.  I tell you what, ill put it in the same bank I did when you were saying he wouldnt be on the team after the draft. 

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

With a new O'line, new receivers, and a real OC, not a problem. And we'll throw in a mostly new, faster run game too. Truth is, there was no clearly better option in THIS year's draft, and with McCown, no reason QB had to be upgraded THIS year. And Glennon has  a real mentor this season to learn from...

Glennon wasn't really a dink and dunk QB last year but his YPA average was pretty low.  I think I have to mark that down for Sullivan's route design so I think with Tedford's offense focusing on misdirection opportunities will open up things for Glennon if he ever plays in this offense. 

It's because the Bucs were dead last in the NFL in YAC . If you look at Glennon's Air Yards : a respectable 18th . Wasn't a dink and dunk guy at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love reading all the views on this offense and while I love the idea of a hybrid – spread system….I pray are line can block exceptionally well because our two main receivers have difficulty fending off press man coverage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep telling yourself that.

I don't have to, Lovie not cutting/trading Glennon is all the proof I need. Glennon is on the roster, and until he's not, he's the developmental qb who will be taking over for McCown.It's all up to Glennon now. Haters gonna hate though.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Love reading all the views on this offense and while I love the idea of a hybrid - spread system....I pray are line can block exceptionally well because our two main receivers have difficulty fending off press man coverage.

hahaha....I dare teams to press man the twin towers . Fade routes all day long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not hard at all to continue to argue against Glennon. Watch his rookie year on one of the worst teams in the league and compare to rookies recently with the Dolphins, Browns, Jags, etc… Glennon played them all under the table. To watch him and, without a shred of a doubt, conclude nope he’s a career back up is idiotic. This statement by L&L does nothing for a large majority of Buc fans. While it does give me a little confidence in them from a football standpoint it won’t do much for the Manziel jock sniffers. Glennon will be treated as he should have been. He'll start off on the bench and learn and watch and become a professional, then when he beats out McCown and is ready he'll step in. While last year was ultimately a good thing for Mike because he did rise to the challenge, it was also potential a bad thing. We've all seen rookie QBs thrown into the fire that were not ready and it ruined them. It's a true testament to Glennon and his character that even during his bad games he didn't let it ruin him. As per PFF, his last game of the year against the saints was his best game, and I agree. That says something right there!My final argument is Tim Tebow. He is the reason for and against all stupid QB moves. Even though very few people thought he could be a NFL QB, he was drafted in the 1st round. Even though he can't throw the ball, fans continued to scream for him. Even though all NFL teams gave up on him very quickly after accepting what was clearly there the entire time, fans continue to scream for him. It shows you that common sense does not prevail for all fans. Sometimes people just believe something and it's untouchable. You'll see similar things with JFF. Good luck brown fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not hard at all to continue to argue against Glennon. Watch his rookie year on one of the worst teams in the league and compare to rookies recently with the Dolphins, Browns, Jags, etc... Glennon played them all under the table. To watch him and, without a shred of a doubt, conclude nope he's a career back up is idiotic. This statement by L&L does nothing for a large majority of Buc fans. While it does give me a little confidence in them from a football standpoint it won't do much for the Manziel jock sniffers. Glennon will be treated as he should have been. He'll start off on the bench and learn and watch and become a professional, then when he beats out McCown and is ready he'll step in. While last year was ultimately a good thing for Mike because he did rise to the challenge, it was also potential a bad thing. We've all seen rookie QBs thrown into the fire that were not ready and it ruined them. It's a true testament to Glennon and his character that even during his bad games he didn't let it ruin him. As per PFF, his last game of the year against the saints was his best game, and I agree. That says something right there!My final argument is Tim Tebow. He is the reason for and against all stupid QB moves. Even though very few people thought he could be a NFL QB, he was drafted in the 1st round. Even though he can't throw the ball, fans continued to scream for him. Even though all NFL teams gave up on him very quickly after accepting what was clearly there the entire time, fans continue to scream for him. It shows you that common sense does not prevail for all fans. Sometimes people just believe something and it's untouchable. You'll see similar things with JFF. Good luck brown fans.

Well said NY!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the very least, unlike a lot of teams, we have a pretty decent back-up in Glennon.Watching his highlights again makes me curious to see how much he has progressed from last year. Hell, he could surprise many people and win the starting gig. I know salary dictates that McCown is the guybut you never know. Look at Russell Wilson. Will L & L be open to sitting the $5 million man if Glennon has made a some major leaps?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you would rather be right and lose than to be wrong and win. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep and Revis has a place on this team was the same type of comment, it's simply "bugging up" a guy he's lumbered with at the time.Judge Lovie on his actions that he has taken, not the ones we have no clue if he did or didn't take or his words.

Lovie was being 100% honest when he said "there's a place in this defense for Revis" and if he had taken a pay cut he would still be here.  That was a contract problem, not a player one.  Comparing Revis to Glennon is apples to oranges.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At the very least, unlike a lot of teams, we have a pretty decent back-up in Glennon.Watching his highlights again makes me curious to see how much he has progressed from last year. Hell, he could surprise many people and win the starting gig. I know salary dictates that McCown is the guybut you never know. Look at Russell Wilson. Will L & L be open to sitting the $5 million man if Glennon has made a some major leaps?

If he is the guy he'd better win the gig. If you are the QB of the future and can't outplay McC the future is grim.  The fact that he has to win the job says that they don't believe he will win the job. People can talk about competition and such crap but the reality is that teams that think they have a QB of the future don't have them in a competition with geriatric career backups for the starting gig and certainly don't make then the #2 horse in the race from the opening gun.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he is the guy he'd better win the gig. If you are the QB of the future and can't outplay McC the future is grim.  The fact that he has to win the job says that they don't believe he will win the job. People can talk about competition and such crap but the reality is that teams that think they have a QB of the future don't have them in a competition with geriatric career backups for the starting gig and certainly don't make then the #2 horse in the race from the opening gun.

I can't wait to see how much TJ Yates has developed in the two years since he last played. He should be ready to take over the league by now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he is the guy he'd better win the gig. If you are the QB of the future and can't outplay McC the future is grim.  The fact that he has to win the job says that they don't believe he will win the job.

Interesting take but consider this, Tedford may simply want to see if Glennon has the toolbox to run his scheme.  We needed a 2nd QB anyway and a veteran isn't such a bad idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he is the guy he'd better win the gig. If you are the QB of the future and can't outplay McC the future is grim.  The fact that he has to win the job says that they don't believe he will win the job.

Interesting take but consider this, Tedford may simply want to see if Glennon has the toolbox to run his scheme.  We needed a 2nd QB anyway and a veteran isn't such a bad idea.

Not to mention that Lovie knows McCown, has a certain trust in McCown. If you start a new job and have the ability to bring in a known commodity to kick off your new job with, why not take it?Now it's up to Glennon to see if he has "it" and can take the job away from McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No problem with the idea we need a backup.  No problem paying McC what they are. The problem is if you call Glennon the QB of the future you are not gonna have him #2 on the depth chart at the start. I suspect Geno Smith really sucks as an NFL QB but the Jets think he is the QB of the future...and he is starting over a veteran QB who is likely superior to him right now. They believe he is a QB if the future. Our actions don't match that vision. Because right now McC is the default answer and our QB of the future's default position is the bench.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Debating over who is listed as the starter in May seems a bit pointless IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Debating over who is listed as the starter in May seems a bit pointless IMO.

Pointless debate has never stopped any of us before. It could very well be Lovie's plan to sit Glennon regardless. We don't know really. What we do know is that he had a much better than average rookie year considering the team he was on. So maybe if we treat him right and develop him he'll do well. Look at the Brett Farve and Aaron Rogers situation. Think Rogers couldn't outplay Farve in Farve's last season with Greenbay? If you believe Glennon is the guy, then you make a plan about how to best bring him along. If that plan is play him and continue to play him, okay, if that plan is what Greenbay did, then okay. But being the better QB might not be part of the decision making. If L&L think Glennon could be the next THE guy for the next 10 years, who cares about this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon clearly outperforms McCown in camp does anybody really believe they are going to sit him?  Not saying it’s likely because I don’t know. Nobody does. But to think a better player is going to ride the pine is ludicrous.  L&L need to win now and they would start their grandmother come week 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Brett Smith, the QB UDFA from Wyoming, has a very good shot at being on the roster….With good coaching, I think he would be a better fit for the perceived offense Tedford may run....He is mobile, can run, and throw on the run...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith hopes that McCown can excel in his first two years in Tampa Bay to the point where he can earn another short-term contract to close out his career in four or five more years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brett is going to have to do a lot of work with his ball delivery under pressure. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon clearly outperforms McCown in camp does anybody really believe they are going to sit him?  Not saying it's likely because I don't know. Nobody does. But to think a better player is going to ride the pine is ludicrous.  L&L need to win now and they would start their grandmother come week 1.

Doesn't sound like that's going to happen. While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Glennon clearly outperforms McCown in camp does anybody really believe they are going to sit him?  Not saying it's likely because I don't know. Nobody does. But to think a better player is going to ride the pine is ludicrous.  L&L need to win now and they would start their grandmother come week 1.

Doesn't sound like that's going to happen. While Glennon had a good showing at mini-camp, McCown was sensational. PewterReport.com reported how McCown looked like he was putting on a pro day workout for NFL scouts, as his passes were crisp, rhythmic and on-target with very few incompletions. And it wasn’t just one day. It was the same awesome performance in each of the three days of Tampa Bay’s mini-camp.

Guys.  Its May.  There have been a lot of guys who look like studs when there is no pass rush and then later fizzle.  Just happy to see Glennon will be given the opportunity to compete for the job.  I doubt you'll find a "glennon-ite" who wanted anything more than him to get a chance to compete.  Best player will play and we should all be ok with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some of you would rather be right and lose than to be wrong and win.

This is just how I feel when I read all these negative posts. They had an opinion, they were wrong, and they still refuse to support the QBs we have. I want Mike to start, but I don't want the team to fail to get my way. I am a Bucs fan first and a Mike fan second. I will continue to support Mike as I believe he is the QB of the future as Lovie has already said at the PC the other day. Go Bucs!

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I am fine if McCown starts.Just relieved the Bucs clearly know what they have in Glennon and that there was no need to reach and spend a premium pick on a bum like Carr. Or worse a drunken midget named Johnny.

Please wait…

Viewing 106 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.